Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

Photo
- - - - -

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - General Discussion

127 replies to this topic

#21 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30619 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:38 PM

Anyone want to guess who my two favorites are?

Slash and Venus? :D

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#22 Caldwin

Caldwin

Acid For Blood

• Supporter
  • 26046 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:08 AM

Ding ding ding!
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#23 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8249 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:30 PM

Moving to a new room so got a chance to update my display with a new bookshelf.

71922595_147718023214668_518279137538639
74623963_588168995258079_322678968532031

#24 Caldwin

Caldwin

Acid For Blood

• Supporter
  • 26046 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:52 PM

Those movie turtles are pretty awesome. Congrats on a full set.

Umm, is Donatello peeing on the hydrant in that second pic?
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#25 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8249 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

Lol no. Hes just using his staff (and included hydrant base) to launch a high kick.

#26 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

In before Forum of Solitude?

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#27 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67472 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:53 PM

The Joker movie thread never moved to there for some reason.

ACItEK8.png

#28 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

The Joker movie thread never moved to there for some reason.

Thanks for the heads up!

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#29 Caldwin

Caldwin

Acid For Blood

• Supporter
  • 26046 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

I was kinda wondering about that. I guess since this is talking about movies, cartoons, comics, toys, etc. it's different?
PSN = Caldwin

#30 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:14 PM

I was kinda wondering about that. I guess since this is talking about movies, cartoons, comics, toys, etc. it's different?

Apparently not.

Screenshot_20191113-141638_Chrome.jpg

Edited by D Buster Prime, 13 November 2019 - 02:17 PM.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#31 Caldwin

Caldwin

Acid For Blood

• Supporter
  • 26046 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:33 PM

Well then, I got nothing. Shall we find a mod to move this then?
PSN = Caldwin

#32 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

If you move the thread it will be all but closed to a lot of us.  I rarely think to check the General subforums.  I don't know why we can't just stick everything in here.

#33 Confuzor

Confuzor

• Supporter
  • 8249 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:24 PM

If you move the thread it will be all but closed to a lot of us.  I rarely think to check the General subforums.  I don't know why we can't just stick everything in here.

So Forum of Solitude lives up to its name then? ATCHACHA [/groucho]

#34 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:29 PM

So...that forum is only for the comic book related stuff that isn't cool enough for GD?

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#35 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6861 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:08 PM

I was always anti sub forum, but even more so with how slow the board moves these days. There a threads on the front page where the most recent post was nearly a week ago.

I'd love to see insert coin and forum of solitude merged back in. Neither gets anywhere near enough traffic to drown out general discussion, and may contribute to more over all activity.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#36 TerraEsperZ

TerraEsperZ
  • Citizen
  • 1433 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:02 AM

I was a big fan of the 1987 series, being 9 years old when I first watched it. I saw most episodes from the first to the tenth seasons even though the show lost some of its appeal after the first season when it gradually became less serious as the seasons went by.

But despite still enjoying the stories and the characters (such as they were for an 80s cartoon)...

I kept watching mostly because I *loved* the Technodrome :p.

What can I say? I used to have these bizarre obsessions with fictional vehicles and machines as a kid and I would keep making tons of drawings of them, using VHS freeze-frames to try and figure out all the various details that bad and often off-model 80s animation would keep messing up. Joining the Technodrome in that club were the original Gadgetmobile (Inspector Gadget), Koopa's Doomship (Super Mario Bros. 3) and the Containment Unit (The Real Ghostbusters).

Anyway, as a big fan of the Technodrome, can you guess which episodes I missed during their initial French broadcast in Quebec because I was at summer camp and the VCR messed up? Part 2 and 3 of the Big Trilogy, the finale of season 3 and when the Technodrome is seen at its most active. My best friend at the time kept telling me that during the episodes I'd missed, it grew arms and legs and I thought that was so silly that he must have been messing with me. Two decades (and lots of torrenting) later, I found out he'd been telling the truth!

I guess I was a bit too old and out of it to really keep up with all the newer series but what little I saw of them seemed fun in their respective ways. Maybe it's the fact that I was never that attached to the original that made me open to try something else. And yeah, I saw the Nick crossover with the 80s toon that served as the finale with the original Technodrome in 3D and everything. It was silly and really fun! Oh, and Turtles Forever of course which was quite flawed but still fun and epic.

*sigh* I wish I had more time to watch fun series like that. There just aren't enough hours in a day to watch everything that interests me.

By the way, what's the consensus on the IDW comic (if there is one) and has the storyline ever been interrupted by an "event" intended to serve as a soft-reboot? Because I still haven't picked IDW TF back up after Revolution (at first I was angry, then resentful and finally it'd been so long that I had lost interest...)

#37 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9214 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:57 AM

It grew arms and legs?! I must have missed that ep too.

Btw, the NES TMNT game, was it considered a fun game or just popular cuz it was a tie in? Cuz the dam bomb defusing was a terror and, honestly, the weeeeeird random minions they used were soooo not from the TMNT toon.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#38 TerraEsperZ

TerraEsperZ
  • Citizen
  • 1433 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:28 AM

Well, the round white part rose up on giant hydraulic legs and a bunch of articulated gadgets (drills, saws, gloved hands!) popped out of the underside to grab something "inspector gadget" style. It only lasted a scene and that was enough!

Regarding the first NES game, I remember playing with a friend and not quite understanding what it was about because I think the cartoon hadn't started showing in French yet when it came out. I think I was aware of the toys but that's it. As for the game, despite how hard it was, it was still quite a bit better than many other 3rd party game at the time (and that music!) so I guess that was enough to grab kids' attention.

Edited by TerraEsperZ, 15 November 2019 - 08:29 AM.

#39 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30619 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:09 AM

You guys won't believe what I saw at Walmart two night ago (or, maybe you will, and I'm just late to the party on knowing about this :doh).

In the electronics section, over by the back wall of the store, on a shelf at the far end of the video games section... was a full-blown vintage-style arcade machine of the classic TMNT: Turtles in Time arcade game! And since it was on a shelf (the only shelf, a few inches off the ground, that is), it looked like it was actually a purchasable item for sale!

Alas, however, I could find no price tag on or near the thing, nor were there any employees around for me to ask what this thing's deal was, so I just left it where it was. It probably would have been some pretty expensive price anyway, and it's not like I actually have room for the thing at home, either. Still, finding that Turtles in Time arcade machine there at Walmart, of all places, was still pretty incredible since I never expected to see it there. It's probably still there right now, too.

Edited by Sabrblade, 15 November 2019 - 11:10 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#40 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9599 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:27 AM

You sure it was the original and not the new release that's smaller and also includes the original TMNT arcade game?

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users