Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (09 April 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Meh. Since we felled the big one (managed to drop the bulk of the trunk less than two feet from the pool. on purpose!) it's almost exclusively been used to speed up work that could have easily been done by hand.

@  Darkstream : (09 April 2020 - 04:24 PM)

My wife had that same concern..and yet trees keep falling

@  wonko the sane? : (08 April 2020 - 08:42 AM)

It is. Thankfully, we don't use the thing too often. It was purchased to help take down one tree and spends about 362 days a year sitting in the shop.

@  Darkstream : (08 April 2020 - 08:23 AM)

Sounds tedious

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 06:25 PM)

grinding wheel on a dremel and a lot of patience.

@  Darkstream : (07 April 2020 - 06:11 PM)

What do you use to sharpen it? I was debating buying one of those kits on Amazon

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 11:49 AM)

Wasn't the first time. I probably did it one of the times the chain jumped the blade, or when I was cleaning it or sharpening it.

@  Darkstream : (07 April 2020 - 11:38 AM)

Sounds like something I'd do. I always install things backwards first.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 07:32 AM)

Not while I'm outside working with the chainsaw. If it's working fine: then I don't need it. If it's NOT working; I use hand tools cause there is a job that brought me out there. No time to read.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 April 2020 - 03:07 AM)

You can Google manuals these days.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2020 - 06:06 PM)

I can't. One: we don't know where dad hide the damn manual. Not that he read it either. And 2.) I'm congenitally incapable of reading it, being as I'm male.

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 April 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Lesson learned: RTFM.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2020 - 11:45 AM)

It's time for todays lesson! Did you know there's a wrong way to install a chainsaw blade? I didn't. I thought the damn thing was just blunted, but nope. Backwards.

@  CORVUS : (05 April 2020 - 06:41 PM)

CONTAGION is on my current watchlist. I'm kicking it off with OUTBREAK, and I have a whole lineup of pandemic-based films. I treat this stuff as a fear-innoculant.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:52 PM)

My point is that of late, Taiwan's government executed lockdown procedures to great success. Vietnam has done similarly.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (05 April 2020 - 03:34 PM)

Didn't SARS just suddenly stop before it got very far?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:24 PM)

*raises eyebrows due to familial knowledge of SARS*

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:43 PM)

It was uncomfortably real in 2011, it's downright scary in relation to the current pandemic.

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:42 PM)

It is, almost to an uncomfortable point.The virus portrayed in that film was FAR more aggressive and fatal than Coronavirus, but the sourcing and spread and impact hit REALLY close to home compared to what we're dealing with now

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 04:50 AM)

Actually on the subject, I've hard a lot of people refer to a 2011 film called Contagion that they think is relevant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Ah well, I'll stick to the classic British sitcoms: One Foot in the Grave, Til Death Do Us Part and They Think It's All Over.

@  TM2-Megatron : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM)

There's always the original, cheesy as it is

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 April 2020 - 12:10 AM)

Dunno... Tonight one of the major networks showed a movie with plagues.. including that listening to their leader causes the first born to die. ;P So nah.. I think the Stand could work. :D

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 April 2020 - 09:18 PM)

That's probably the last thing anyone needs to see, at the moment. Maybe when we get to the end of June/beginning of July and we can venture back out, it might be possible to find some enjoyment in The Stand.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 April 2020 - 02:08 PM)

I suppose the CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings The Stand will be delayed.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:26 AM)

We'll always be together. Together in electric dreams.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Please remember that in these times of social distancing, we'll always be together however far it seems.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

Photo
- - - - -

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - General Discussion

109 replies to this topic

#1 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8161 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

I was kinda surprised to not see one of these, so I figured I'd make one.

Those amazing NECA 7" Movie turtles are finally in stock at Gamestop's website.

https://www.gamestop...ja&lang=default

I was able to buy Leo, Donnie and Raph yesterday in-store but had to Get Mikey online.

#2 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9380 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

Ya TMNT discussion has died off after the 2012 series ended and Rise of started. I check into what IDW does every once in a while but havent thought about it in awhile. I think they are nearing 100 issues in the main book soon. And I hear they did the unthinkable and made another female Turtle that isnt Venus or a mutated April.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#3 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29725 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:37 PM

I was kinda surprised to not see one of these, so I figured I'd make one.

There were multiple threads for individual series (2012 Nick toon, Rise toon, IDW comics) over in the Forum of Solitude, but no all-encompassing thread.

Edited by Sabrblade, 02 November 2019 - 03:37 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4 Caldwin

Caldwin

Peace!

• Supporter
  • 25407 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:52 PM

I think they are nearing 100 issues in the main book soon. And I hear they did the unthinkable and made another female Turtle that isnt Venus or a mutated April.

Issue 99 is out now. 100 should be out late this month. As far as the female turtle...

Spoiler

PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#5 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8161 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

I've been reading the hardcover IDW books (I dont have vol 9 yet) amd absolutely love them. Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything mini was a hell of a chaotic roller coaster and an absolute blast from beginning to end!

#6 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13107 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

"Wise man say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#7 Caldwin

Caldwin

Peace!

• Supporter
  • 25407 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 07:55 AM

NPKNIql.png

Uh...is this a trick question?
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#8 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28991 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:13 AM

My TMNT fandom is in a weird place. Like alot of people I grew up with the 80s toons, dropped off as that vanished (the red sky seasons were hard to find here once the fad burst). Enjoy Next Mutation for its goofiness, not really a fan of the 4Kids version. Was kinda excited about the 2012 series but lost interest thanks to having some bad direct experiences with Nick (I think that bridge was burnt, sadly not even my fault but theirs). Didn't like the 'Bay' movies, enjoy what I've seen of Rise but don't seek it out.

It's an odd one for me. I'll sometimes dip my toe back in but it's not one of those franchises that I've been a fan for life with. Yet oddly, the 2012 Revoltech's have a proud place in my display.

#9 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8969 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:26 AM

Was surprised at original TMNT toon having continuity.

Loved and collected the Archie TMNT cuz they're surprisingly mature at times. Too bad Forever War was never done.

Collected the Image TMNT. They supposedly finished the story in a one shot or something, with Lady Shredder.

The Fox Kids TMNT was great. Very close to the comics, quite uncanny.
They even got the superheroes in there. Thee Lost Season was pretty epic. I followed it through Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers. Great ending, even though they never got to do the Shredder War.

Nick TMNT was also great. Just had to get used to it (bad animation in the first ep ish). Also got majorly epic, even though it was more goofy than the FoxKids. Nice that the Mutanimals got an incarnation, even if they weren't same.

Rise of the TMNT, loved the kinetic frenetic animation. Should continue watching it.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#10 Caldwin

Caldwin

Peace!

• Supporter
  • 25407 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:33 AM

I started off with the Fred Wolf cartoon, but it's pretty hard to watch now.

The second cartoon series was good but I stopped watching about the time of Fast Forward. I just haven't really gotten into any of the cartoons since.

I started getting the random Mirage comic somewhere between the first two movies. It's still my favorite version of the Turtles.

Archie comics were good if not for the preachiness. I'm going back and getting the collections on ComiXology, but the preachiness still rubs me the wrong way.

IDW is great, but I kinda stopped when I got into comic book overload. I'm starting to get back into it with City at War.
PSN = Caldwin

#11 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28991 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:52 AM

I tend to find I can go back to the 80s toon because it's self aware. It knows it's a goofy show that exists to push a toyline so the writing is full of self deprecating meta jokes. It's nowhere near as silly as some anniversary crossovers portray it but it's not taking itself seriously at all. It came along at the time where writers feeling burnout from that very commercial driven of US TV animation were being given a chance to be a bit more open with their work. Garfield and Friends is another great example. So much of the comedy in that was the head writer mocking network mandates from previous shows that insulted kid's intelligence.

#12 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29725 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:17 AM

The Fox Kids TMNT was great. Very close to the comics, quite uncanny.
They even got the superheroes in there. Thee Lost Season was pretty epic. I followed it through Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers. Great ending, even though they never got to do the Shredder War.

Nick TMNT was also great. Just had to get used to it (bad animation in the first ep ish). Also got majorly epic, even though it was more goofy than the FoxKids. Nice that the Mutanimals got an incarnation, even if they weren't same.

4Kids, you mean. Fox Kids was dead by 2003.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#13 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8969 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:46 PM

4Kids! Yes, I mean 4Kids! The F just made me think of Fox! It wasn't the Foxing Kids!

Yeah, the Archie comics had the environmental preaching but it's the other spiritual stuff that I liked. Dean Clarrain (spelling) was my writing hero then. I think it was Spengler (former Allspark poster) who blew my mind by writing about turtles and revealed that Dean C wasn't a real person but a pseudonym for ... Ryan Brown? Who helped make Cowboys of Moo Mesa?

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#14 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:41 PM

Actually, interesting news about Archie's Forever War. There's a attempt to crowdfund the miniseries from earlier this year.

http://tmntentity.bl...s-about-to.html

http://www.turtleman...=article&id=361

https://forums.thete...ead.php?t=61312

There's a 10-page preview of what might just be in 2020.  From the sounds of things it's going ahead.  Technically, it's only a fan project.  And it sounds like it will cost you $70 plus $15 shipping to get it.  But, it does have art from the original artist.  You have to e-mail the creator to get a preorder from the sounds of things.  Not ideal, but it might be something for big fans of the series.

And, yeah, the Archie TMNT book can be one of weird extremes.  It can be one of the weirdest (see: Cudley the Cowlick and becoming space luchadors (TMNTA #7), preachiest (see: That issue were Man-Ray won't shut up about Turtle Exclusion Devices (#17)), darkest (see: the death of the Mutanimals (#54)),  sweetest (see: Raphael and Ninjara's relationship (TMNTA Special #10)), disappointing (see: also Raphael and Ninjara's relationship (#70)), epic (the fight against Armaggon (#44)), and bizarre (see: the future-turtles killing Hitlers preserved brain while wearing toy-inspired armor (#66)) comic books you ever read.  It's definitely not for everyone, but...it's a trip.

I've dipped my toes into nearly everything TMNT related at one time or another.  I guess the only thing I really haven't gotten all the way into is the original comic...no real reason other than I've just never gotten around to it.  My personal favorite TV show is probably the 4Kids one (The Ninja Tribunal/Lost Episodes season is epic), but...objectively speaking the Nick CG one is probably better (at least when it's going full-on horror..."Buried Secrets" aka the one with April's mom is still one of the most shocking things I've seen in a kids cartoon).

The IDW comic is definitely worth getting into...but I'd recommend starting from the beginning.  Which...admittedly is daunting.

https://comicbookrea...-reading-order/

https://forums.thete...ead.php?t=36475

And Rise...it's definitely an interesting experiment.  I have to commend them for doing completely new things with the franchise.  New villains, new characterizations, a different kind of art style, it's unique.  And when the fights scenes get going, it can be frantic in the best possible way.  But, the regular "talking" animations can feel cheap at times.  And sometimes I feel like they're trying to make the turtles too "hip" for the shows own good and they can all feel like the wacky one at times.

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 03 November 2019 - 05:15 PM.

#15 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8969 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:04 PM

Oh! Mark Pelligrino, yeah, Spengler, I think. And Dean C is Steve Murphy, not Ryan Brown?

I didn't know about Forever War happening! Only early this year?!? Yow! $85 to support the actual epic ending, hmm...

Too much to comment on Archie TMNTA highlights (love the formation of the Mutanimals. Devastated when they were killed because their cartoon series didn't happen). The special #10 Ninjara Raphael was the date they had that kept getting messed up until they just had dinner in the sewer? Yeah, that was sweet. Loved the Future Turtles with Manx the Verminator X and Hitler's brain, haha. The space wrestlers was great for me because Donatello won the free for all, saying he got moves from books (which, I would figure in real live doesn't work. He could read them but he needed to practice said moves).

4Kids, yes, Ninja Tribunal! Very epic! Made me happy that the side ep was the Nano robot getting his final form, growing up and joining the superteam. (Not counting Fast Forward which showed a goofy thing where the team got turned into kids, including his adult robot form). It also has that single terrifying ep where Baxter Stockman's flesh keeps melting when his cloning fails. (I also liked that in Fast Forward, he finds happiness in the future, finally working with the good guys as his genius is appreciated).

But, yeah, Nick CGI did serious too. Well, serious wacky. But by golly they did Napoleon Dynamite as Napoleon Bonafrog, holy cow. Gave us Wingnut and Screwloose as Batman and Robin. Mondo Gecko and a new version of the Mutanimals (Monkey Brains being my fave but he started out as human though. I didn't like their Slash though, who was more of a Spike? And who the hell is Pigeon Pete?). Mona the alien lizard as a sorta connection to mutant Mona Lisa from the original cartoon one off ep was cool. The evolution of poor Chris Bradford from human to new character Dogpound to neo Rahzar was great (but they killed him! By drowning?!? At the hands of Leatherhead? How sad for him). Holy cow, Anton Zecks was awesome before he turned into Bebop. I didn't want him to change into the classic Bebop suit. The high tech one is fine.

Urgh, I'm rambling. Gotta sleep.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#16 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9380 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:15 PM

Considering the only TMNT TV series I series I haven't followed have been "The Next Mutation", as I didn't have Fox at the time and wasn't really interested in catching up on it since, and now "Rise of" I've definately got some love for the franchise. Growing up on the original cartoon and movies, eagerly following the 4Kids series when I could, and enjoying the heck out of what the 2012 series did it's been cool to see how each series handles things. I think I still favor the 4kids series the most even though it jumped the shark with the Lost season and Flash Forward.

The Shredder mantle alone in the series was interesting with Ch'Rell, Karai, The Original Oruku Saki demon, and finally the Cyber Shredder. It was such a departure from just Uncle Phil Shredder blundering along throughout the most of the original cartoon. And having more than just April for the Turtles to rely upon consistently was cool with Casey being prominently featured and other allies like the Superhero team or the later Ninja council. And the Battle Nexus arc introducing Usagi was fun. Nick needs to find a way to print season sets of that one again.

And then the 2012 series. The look was something to get used to but it was fun and had a decent cringe factor to it that made it unique. Making Karai a point of contention between the Foot and the Turtles was interesting. And the star power behind it helped. I think it probably should have ended with the Super Shredder storyline but the last season was fun to go through for the most part. Still burnt that the Newtralizer/Lord Dregg episodes have never hit DVD

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#17 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18753 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

Been a fan since the early days of the original cartoon. Not the comics, though -- I'd have been way too young at the time, though with all the "did you know TMNT was based on a comic book?" stuff that was all over the place around 1989, I immediately sought it out and picked up the third issue! How lucky to get on so early!

...of the Archie comic. The specifics, it turned out, really weren't there yet when "the comic book" was referenced.

I've stuck with it pretty much through everything all this time, save for Image. Never got into their version much. And while I dig what I've seen of the Mirage stuff, I've never really gotten caught up on the whole of it, and the way it's been kind of left open after the Nick purchase has left me less than motivated to try to catch up. Not that I'm against, but spending money to run right to a dead end... priorities, y'know?

Especially as I'm currently still catching up with IDW's run via ComiXology sales. I forget just where I'm at -- it's around where Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything occurs, going by TMNT Entity's reading list.

I do have a deep fondness for the Archie comics, though, and wish Forever War would happen already. Why IDW isn't doing it is a complete mystery to me -- I'd rather pay their rates than $70 for this, much as I'd love to see things get properly wrapped.

I enjoyed the Fred Wolf toon, though as it became tough to get through as a kid, I imagine it would only be more so now (I love that it had a proper finale, though I dropped out after the first Red Sky season or two, when the animation budget seemingly got slashed and they introduced Carter and the Secondary Mutations. It was all just a bit too much at once).

Next Mutation, I was on board for the whole ride. It had some great ideas (in my opinion; I can elaborate, if desired), but the execution was often lacking. I especially love the idea of Dragon Lord as a villain -- he was one of the things I wanted to see revived in the 2012 series, but alas.

2K3 brought 4Kids, and I loved that series -- still a favorite. I did drop out a bit during Fast Forward, since they cut out when I was invested in the Ninja Tribunal arc, and the changes didn't keep a hold on me, but I came back for Back to the Sewer -- bit of an improvement -- and stayed through to the end.

2012's Nick Turtles, I loved pretty much the whole way through. They gave us an almost consummate version of TMNT that mixed things from past versions (even the RPG!), but as noted, left some stuff out, too.

And Rise?

After the 2012 series, I wanted something familiar, but different, and for me, Rise is really delivering. Had it been another rehash of the same versions of the characters we've had since the 80's, I might have fallen off -- we just got that, and they nailed it, just like the 4Kids version nailed it in a slightly different way. But instead, this is holding my attention full-stop, and I'm loving every minute of it.

(Oh, and I've seen all the movies. 1990 and Turtles Forever are the top, TMNT III is the bottom, though not unenjoyable.)

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#18 Caldwin

Caldwin

Peace!

• Supporter
  • 25407 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:31 AM

I'd like to see what this Forever War is all about, but I don't really feel like spending $70 for it.
PSN = Caldwin

#19 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8969 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:27 AM

From the covers seen, they brought back some one shot villains like the leech guy and the roach guy. So I hope they jumped into an alternate dimension where the Mutanimals are alive and when they couldn't save that timeline, the Mutanimals join them in theirs.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

#20 Caldwin

Caldwin

Peace!

• Supporter
  • 25407 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:12 PM

I found the Neca Movie Turtles at Thinkgeek over the weekend. I couldn't afford them all though. Anyone want to guess who my two favorites are?

CGk3zXL.jpg
PSN = Caldwin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users