Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

Photo
- - - - -

The fourth annual Pete's Robot Convention and yeet academy - June 5 & 6, 2020

78 replies to this topic

#61 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 4181 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 April 2020 - 09:47 AM

Every attendee should bring a favorite Transformers toy to use as an avatar. They can then use these toys to handshake, hug, or kiss by proxy as they interact with other people's avatars/toys.

That would be totally hilarious!!  I'll bring a Vehicon with me. 

Assemble a six foot pole out of Vehicons. If anyone can do it it's you, Giz.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#62 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:53 PM

For those here still planning on attending, a new update has been posted that is kind of important:

https://www.facebook...123331428010742

RoboCon 2020 UPDATE!

We are sure you have seen countless emails and updates pertaining to the current state of affairs that the world is in. We won’t rehash all of that for you here, instead we will just get to the question of our plans for 2020. The Galt House in Louisville, Kentucky did provide us the option to either cancel or reschedule RoboCon. After weighing all of the factors, considering where things are now, where our state officials are hoping they will be over the next few months, procedures in place, and speaking with our vendors, we have decided to reschedule the show for the weekend of July 24-25, 2020. So yes, we are still planning on having our show this summer!

The first question some of you will ask is why are you having a show when other shows are canceling? Simply put, our show is not structured like other shows. We have an opportunity at the Galt House to still hold a show that can take into consideration current procedures such as social distancing, limited numbers of attendees in any one place, a focus on keeping areas disinfected, and implementing other measures to make sure things line up with what people expect when they travel to an event.

The next question may be what if I do not feel safe attending a show this summer? If you have already registered for the show, we are offering either a full refund or the option to convert your package to a non-attending package. This will allow you to still receive the convention edition of the BotCon Legacy book, the Convention T-shirt, the badge and lanyard, and a variety of other free items that we are now including in all current and future registrations. Please note. If for whatever reason the July 24-25 dates are canceled, any registration placed on or after May 6th will be automatically converted to a non-attending package.

That brings up a good question as well. Why July 24 and 25th and not this fall or next spring? We are aware there is still uncertainty in this. The one thing we do feel confident about though is that if we are going to hold a show at any time between now and next May, this summer would be the best time. We feel that holding the show any later in the year would not have been feasible from a safety standpoint. Our goal is to avoid the times of year where we may not be able to hold any events outside, where the weather is colder, anytime that is anywhere near flu season. As the goal has been to slow the spread of this virus, we want to make sure the show is at a time when that is the most likely to be effective.

Finally, our state of Kentucky, our governor Andy Beshear, has done an outstanding job tackling this issue from the very beginning. We were one of the first states to impose travel restrictions and a shelter in place order. We are in the process of re-opening small businesses, restaurants, and the rest of our great state. If by July you feel comfortable going to the grocery store, going to the shopping mall, going out to a restaurant for dinner, then we will do everything we can to make sure you feel comfortable attending Robocon 2020!

We are happy to take any questions, comments, and/or concerns. We just ask that everyone be respectful and remember that we are all in this together.

Please visit https://nightshiningllc.com to see the current Robocon 2020 registration packages. Visit PetesRoboCon.com for continuing updates on the show. We look forward to seeing everyone for a safe and fun RoboCon 2020 this July 24-25 at the Galt House in Louisville, Kentucky.

Edited by Sabrblade, 06 May 2020 - 09:59 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#63 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:52 PM

Guess I need to cancel or reschedule my hotel booking...and juggle my time off from work.

Damn this coronavirus. I want it to die already.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#64 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3229 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:05 AM

Guess I need to cancel or reschedule my hotel booking...and juggle my time off from work.

Damn this coronavirus. I want it to die already.

Funny, thats how it feels about all of us too! #badjoke
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#65 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42542 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:53 AM

The hotel booking should hopefully be no problem. We've already switched a block of rooms from June to July, so there are rooms available.

The only hassle would be having to take time to contact the hotel and ask them to change your room to the new block.

#66 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:07 AM

Flights and car rentals need to be changed too.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#67 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:36 AM

Well, I'm not worried about flights or car rentals. Hadn't arranged anything like that yet.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#68 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:05 PM

Well, I've called the Galt House, and after an hour or so of getting tossed between people, they have supposedly changed my reservation dates.

Why must customer service be such an oxymoron?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#69 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:26 PM

I just received this email and... welp.

Hello all!

This is not the update that we wanted to send, but events from the past two weeks have left us no choice. We are changing the format of this years show to a Virtual Con. You can read the full update here: https://nightshininginc.com/home

So that is the not fun news. However, we are still going to do our best to provide an online experience that is MORE than just forum talk! If you choose to convert your attending Pre-Party package to the Virtual Con package, you will get everything listed here: 

In addition, there will still be door prize drawings throughout the day for registrants as well as a grand prize drawing. The Virtual Con will also feature online panels, previews and BotCon 2021 news!

If you ordered the Standard registration, you can also convert that to non-attending if you like. You will receive a T-Shirt, the Convention Pin, and will be entered in the door prizes.

* Shipping will be covered by us for ALL packages converted to Virtual Con.

* Refunds or Credits for next years show are also available. Please just confirm if you would prefer that.

* If you pre-registered AFTER May 6th, your package has already been converted to the Virtual Con per the previous terms

* If you ordered the custom class, you WILL still be receiving that figure and details about how the class will work via online instruction. That will be a separate email.

We apologize for not being able to have this show in person, but we will be back in physical form in 2021 (assuming the craziness of 2020 STAYS in 2020)!

Thank you all again for your support and we hope to see you online July 24-25!

Best!

- Pete

Edited by Sabrblade, 01 July 2020 - 11:28 PM.

#70 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18378 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:38 PM

An imaginary con about hypothetical exclusive sets featuring a toy you make yourself. I kind of like how that all comes together, thematically.

#71 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22982 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:09 AM

Well, whatever ill will I hold for Pete and co, I don't actually want them to all catch COVID-19, so I'm glad they're taking this route.

Edited by Cabooceratops, 02 July 2020 - 12:09 AM.

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#72 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:34 AM

I guess this means we all gotta cancel our flights and hotel reservations.

#73 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:04 AM

My hotel reservation got cancelled for me, apparently.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#74 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:23 AM

So, how do those of us who already registered convert our registration packages into the virtual ones?

#75 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18378 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:11 AM

Time out!

#76 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40069 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

I just received this email and... welp.

Hello all!

This is not the update that we wanted to send, but events from the past two weeks have left us no choice. We are changing the format of this years show to a Virtual Con. You can read the full update here: https://nightshininginc.com/home

So that is the not fun news. However, we are still going to do our best to provide an online experience that is MORE than just forum talk! If you choose to convert your attending Pre-Party package to the Virtual Con package, you will get everything listed here: 

In addition, there will still be door prize drawings throughout the day for registrants as well as a grand prize drawing. The Virtual Con will also feature online panels, previews and BotCon 2021 news!

If you ordered the Standard registration, you can also convert that to non-attending if you like. You will receive a T-Shirt, the Convention Pin, and will be entered in the door prizes.

* Shipping will be covered by us for ALL packages converted to Virtual Con.

* Refunds or Credits for next years show are also available. Please just confirm if you would prefer that.

* If you pre-registered AFTER May 6th, your package has already been converted to the Virtual Con per the previous terms

* If you ordered the custom class, you WILL still be receiving that figure and details about how the class will work via online instruction. That will be a separate email.

We apologize for not being able to have this show in person, but we will be back in physical form in 2021 (assuming the craziness of 2020 STAYS in 2020)!

Thank you all again for your support and we hope to see you online July 24-25!

Best!

- Pete

Front Paged!

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#77 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:36 PM

So, how do those of us who already registered convert our registration packages into the virtual ones?

I asked NightViper about that. They're working on converting packages into virtual ones already.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#78 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30330 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:51 PM

I asked NightViper about that. They're working on converting packages into virtual ones already.

Automatically? Or do we have to contact them and personally request it?

(I sent Night Shining an email asking them about this and have yet to hear back from them as of this typing)

I'm just concerned that I may not get that BotCon book with the exclusive cover. I registered way back in February to ensure that I would get it, but the update says that those who registered after May 6 get their registration packages auto-converted into virtual ones. What about all of us who registered early to get the limited exclusives? It wouldn't be fair for them to reset the first come-first serve policy after the first 300 registrants had already paid for them months ago.

#79 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Automatically? Or do we have to contact them and personally request it?

(I sent Night Shining an email asking them about this and have yet to hear back from them as of this typing)

I'm just concerned that I may not get that BotCon book with the exclusive cover. I registered way back in February to ensure that I would get it, but the update says that those who registered after May 6 get their registration packages auto-converted into virtual ones. What about all of us who registered early to get the limited exclusives? It wouldn't be fair for them to reset the first come-first serve policy after the first 300 registrants had already paid for them months ago.

I sent him a note here on the Allspark and got a reply pretty quickly.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users