Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

Photo
- - - - -

The fourth annual Pete's Robot Convention and yeet academy - June 5 & 6, 2020

78 replies to this topic

#41 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60169 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 08 February 2020 - 09:54 AM

Since it's in my town a hotel isn't a concern this time around, luckily.

#42 Pete

Pete

MunkyTrukk

• VIP
  • 1596 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:10 PM

There are two great ways to register for RoboCon 2020! We have the Standard Registration for only $25 and we also have the BotCon 2021 Pre-Party Pack for $98. Both have some great features, so pick the one that works best for you!

Either way, make sure you add the official RoboCon 2020 Generation 2 Convention T-Shirt to your order! It is a homage to an unreleased Generation 2 Toy from 1994, the Protectobot Blades! Ready for the BIG NEWS!?!

If you add the RoboCon 2020 Generation 2 Convention T-Shirt to your registration you will receive a double sided printed copy of the Generation 2 Blades proof card! This is the only Blades proof card known to exist and you can now get a copy of it for your collection!

Order your registration package at the link below and make sure to add on the amazing RoboCon Generation 2 Convention T-Shirt Today!

https://www.facebook...3514668534/?d=n

https://nightshining...collections/all

#43 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10809 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:01 PM

Well, I've paid for preregistration. Now I gotta book a hotel room.

Here is the link! Thanks!

https://nightshininginc.com/hotel

Thank you! I've booked my hotel room.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#44 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40107 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 February 2020 - 12:07 PM

https://www.allspark...-figure-update/

I won't lie, I like that figure.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#45 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10809 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:39 PM

My only serious issue is that I think he needs a sword, but thankfully, that can be easily dealt with. Yay Shapeways!

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#46 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10291 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 February 2020 - 08:46 AM

I am not a collector of Shattered Glass.  However, I could always use some combiner wars limbs.  I might look into signing up for this.

#47 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42544 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:25 PM

It is a gray and blue jet with a Megatron head. So if not SG then maybe...

MachineWars_Megaplex_toy.jpg

:hmm  :idea

#48 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 40107 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:19 PM

I was actually thinking of that when it was announced. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#49 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30380 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:46 PM

Just received this email update:

Hello All!

We are just a little under 3 months away from RoboCon 2020! Just wanted to give all of you who have already made a purchase relating to the show and/or Night Shining’s offerings a quick update! We have already sold more pre-registrations through the beginning of March than we did for all of last years show. In addition, the custom class SOLD OUT just the other day. However, looking at things, we have decided to add 5 more class seats. This years figure, "Shattered Glass Megatron" will feature a NEW head sculpt and some other cool features! If you haven’t purchased one and would like to add that, you can do that now. We are giving all of you who have already pre-registered or ordered from the store first shot at this before we send out our email to those who have not yet made a purchase. You can find that item here: https://nightshining...-glass-megatron

Also, we will be placing the order for the LIMITED EDITION BotCon 1994 throwback T-Shirt this week. We have extended the deadline for that until the end of the day tomorrow. If you would like to order that you can do that here: https://nightshining...limited-edition
It will be shipped early April so you will have to wear this Spring!

Lastly, to make your hotel reservations, please use this link: https://book.passkey...ile=true&dw=375
Rooms are limited, so make sure you get your reservation in today!

Going to be the best show yet! Looking forward to seeing everyone for RoboCon 2020 at the Galt House June 5th and 6th!

Best!

Pete

Edited by Sabrblade, 10 March 2020 - 01:46 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#50 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15547 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:25 PM

I believe this convention is still happening because everything is fine.
Woooo!

#51 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10809 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:15 AM

I believe this convention is still happening because everything is fine.

I hope that you're right.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#52 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30380 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:49 AM

I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't canceled since would we all really wanna take the risk over some toys?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#53 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42544 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 02:36 PM

We're watching how states handle "re-opening" to events. Currently, Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky are planning on May 1 to slowly move things back towards normal. The hotel has confirmed that most of the other events they're hosting in June will still be taking place as scheduled. 

So we're going to cautiously move towards the same dates as planned. But we'll be contacting exhibitors and attendees for input in the next couple weeks to gauge concerns and take suggestions. We'll make a statement either way when decisions become more certain.

What I can say now is that whenever the convention is held, we will be taking measures to provide as clean and sanitary an experience as possible. We have inquired with the hotel to see if they can provide cleaning services at designated points throughout the weekend to sterilize as many surfaces as possible. We are also looking into providing sanitation stations with access to hand sanitizers and/or wipes. We will ask that attendees wear facemasks and maintain reasonable personal space from each other. 

We agree with SDCC's decision to cancel, even though that convention is a month after ours. Because with the crowd sizes of thousands and the crowding that occurs, there are certainly high risks with an event of that nature. But we're under no delusions with the comparatively smaller size of something like RoboCon, and believe we can work with everyone to provide a safer experience amid very real concerns. 

#54 Zodberg

Zodberg

The doctor is in.

• Citizen
  • 15547 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 April 2020 - 08:05 AM

Unlike past years, this year people are advised not to kiss people upon meeting them for ther first time.
Woooo!

#55 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42544 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:07 PM

Every attendee should bring a favorite Transformers toy to use as an avatar. They can then use these toys to handshake, hug, or kiss by proxy as they interact with other people's avatars/toys.

#56 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8761 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 12:36 PM

Come to Pete's Robocon, get your unofficial third party Hate Plague.

#57 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2258 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 April 2020 - 01:32 PM

If toys are used as proxys, combiners might be forced to wait outside, their existence violates social distancing.

#58 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18404 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 02:38 PM

That's why they sent Devastator to that moon.

#59 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10291 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 12:21 PM

Every attendee should bring a favorite Transformers toy to use as an avatar. They can then use these toys to handshake, hug, or kiss by proxy as they interact with other people's avatars/toys.

That would be totally hilarious!!  I'll bring a Vehicon with me. 

#60 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30380 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 01:47 PM

That would be totally hilarious!!  I'll bring a Vehicon with me. 

Just one?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users