Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

PS5 Reveal and news

48 replies to this topic

#41 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10750 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 15 June 2020 - 06:42 AM

The main reason I've been staying mostly physical, is I like trading games in when I know I'm done with them

#42 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1886 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:40 AM

I have found myself buying a lot more games digitally than I ever expected to. A lot of that has come from my kids getting to be old enough to want to play games too. My Switch has become the family console, and it's just too much of a pain constantly having to swap game cards around. Plus, I'm finding we're buying a ton of smaller games that I don't have any real strong desire to cling to, so I'm mostly OK with giving up on physical copies there. There are definitely some games I make sure to have physical copies for though, and a few that I have both physical and digital.

The PS4, on the other hand, is pretty much my console. I have a few games that are appropriate for the kids, but generally I'm the only one using it. Games normally only get swapped when I've finished one and move on to the next. There's no major inconvenience, so my preference for physical wins out there. The only game I have digitally for the PS4 is the Castlevania Rondo/Symphony pack, which doesn't have a physical release to the best of my knowledge.

Having said that, I honestly wonder just what the situation is with physical games on the PS4. I have 72 games on my Switch, 58 of which are digital. My 200GB SD card is about 75% full. On my PS4 though, I have I think around 17 physical games installed and just the 1 digital game. My 1TB drive is full. Like I said earlier, a lot of my Switch games are on the smaller side. But still, the one digital PS4 game I have should be pretty small. Just what all is getting installed on the system to completely fill up the drive using so relatively few games, all of which are played with the physical disc in the system? Do they install the entire game on the hard drive and just use the game disc for a DRM check? If that's the case, I kinda wonder if Sony had originally wanted to go the same direction as Microsoft tried to go with the Xbone, but then did a quick turnaround when they saw the reaction.

Side note, I find it kind of staggering putting numbers to my collection this gen. I feel like I'm playing games less than ever before, while simultaneously buying a lot more games than ever before. I know, that includes my wife's and kids' games too, and a lot of them are small games that were bought on sale for next to nothing, but it's still eye opening to me.

#43 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 40278 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:35 PM

I like Digital games for their convenience. That is about it though. 

I would still rather get the physical version of the game on a disk/cart/card/etc as it allows me to play it on any console at any point down the line. Plus, I like using the consoles for media players, so I will be getting the one with the optical drive. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#44 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5607 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:37 PM

I mostly play on pc these days, so i guess I'm firmly in the digital camp now. Heck, I didn't even bother installing a dvd drive in my current rig since it's so easy to install an os via a flash drive these days.

#45 Hg Dragon

Hg Dragon

Eyelaser Ninja Pirate

• Citizen
  • 2698 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:03 PM

So turns out the quick turnaround for Spider-Man is due to it just being a an upscaled port of the PS4 game with new Miles content.

You know, I'm ok with that for the most part. Insomniac proved with the first game that they have the "feel" just right. No need to totally reinvent the wheel if what you have just works just fine. This also might mean that there could be a PS4 version of the game for those of us who might have to put off a PS5 for quite a while.

Most recent I've heard is that its a sidegame, like Uncharted Lost Legacy or other similar expansion type games; Likely using upscaled version of all the assets but probably a shorter game.

Well, if that's true, then as long as it's priced accordingly I don't see a problem with that.

#46 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6855 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

I have found myself buying a lot more games digitally than I ever expected to. A lot of that has come from my kids getting to be old enough to want to play games too. My Switch has become the family console, and it's just too much of a pain constantly having to swap game cards around. Plus, I'm finding we're buying a ton of smaller games that I don't have any real strong desire to cling to, so I'm mostly OK with giving up on physical copies there. There are definitely some games I make sure to have physical copies for though, and a few that I have both physical and digital.

The PS4, on the other hand, is pretty much my console. I have a few games that are appropriate for the kids, but generally I'm the only one using it. Games normally only get swapped when I've finished one and move on to the next. There's no major inconvenience, so my preference for physical wins out there. The only game I have digitally for the PS4 is the Castlevania Rondo/Symphony pack, which doesn't have a physical release to the best of my knowledge.

Having said that, I honestly wonder just what the situation is with physical games on the PS4. I have 72 games on my Switch, 58 of which are digital. My 200GB SD card is about 75% full. On my PS4 though, I have I think around 17 physical games installed and just the 1 digital game. My 1TB drive is full. Like I said earlier, a lot of my Switch games are on the smaller side. But still, the one digital PS4 game I have should be pretty small. Just what all is getting installed on the system to completely fill up the drive using so relatively few games, all of which are played with the physical disc in the system? Do they install the entire game on the hard drive and just use the game disc for a DRM check? If that's the case, I kinda wonder if Sony had originally wanted to go the same direction as Microsoft tried to go with the Xbone, but then did a quick turnaround when they saw the reaction.

Side note, I find it kind of staggering putting numbers to my collection this gen. I feel like I'm playing games less than ever before, while simultaneously buying a lot more games than ever before. I know, that includes my wife's and kids' games too, and a lot of them are small games that were bought on sale for next to nothing, but it's still eye opening to me.

I imagine it's the same on both Xbox, and playstation, but yes, the disc is pretty much just a drm check.
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#47 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52587 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:01 PM

I really only buy digital if it's a really good sale.

I've never paid full retail for a digital game.

card-strongarm.jpg

#48 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:37 PM

I have, but the ratio is like 99 to 1 for sales. The only ones I get full price are the ones I REALLY want, like fallout 4, cyberpunk 2077 (which... still on the fence about getting on day 1.) and such. Otherwise it's wish-listed and waiting game.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#49 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1359 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, while I much prefer physical disks, I do have many digital games, though many are the freebies I have gotten over the years from PS Plus. The rest are games that I bought at really nice discounts, usually in a PS Plus sale.

I will not pay full retail price for a digital game. The only exception I can think of in my collection that I paid full price when it came out was the Miku Hatsune Project DIVA Future Tone arcade port, but that was digital only to begin with.
"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users