Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 06:18 PM)

"Prowl". There, that's at least fifteen.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Or do you want people to spam the Squawkbox with lists of 100 characters?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Oky, just one question: If I were to say "Yes, I could", how could you be sure I'm not lying?

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:08 PM)

i don't go into people's threads that have no relevance to my interests just to be an ass by telling them that their comments and opinions are of no value just because they have no personal interest to me.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

i think one of us is misunderstanding what the squawkbox is actually for.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:06 PM)

and what is wrong with that? you respond to me to lessen your own boredom.

@  Bass X0 : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

I'm asking people if they think they could.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:05 PM)

Or did you just think of another random question to lessen your boredom?

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:04 PM)

Is this a survey?

Photo

PS5 Reveal and news

48 replies to this topic

#21 M Virion

M Virion

Sure-footed, newly free

• Retired Staff
  • 19321 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

I like the design. Better than another VCR looking box.

#22 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8249 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:03 PM

I was pleasantly surprised at how many games had actual art direction beyond "look how REAL we can make everything".

But who am I kidding, a new Ratchet amd Clank has me ecstatic! That Demolition Derby Allstars or whatever hit the perfect tone for my tastes.

#23 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11239 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

Spider-Man and Ratchet and clank for me are the big points.

But I don't like how the system looks, and I'm afraid of trying to play it horizontally.

Right now I think I'm still leaning towards the X because I can buy Lego Star Wars and AC on the XBONE and KNOW they will work on the Xbox SX... I have to HOPE that they would work on the PS5.

#24 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43584 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

You could just put off the purchase until you know for sure. Let someone else be the guinea pig.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#25 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4962 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

Some really nice stuff from Sony, and Ratchet and Clank are a HUGE incentive for me.  Demon's Souls was a bit of a surprise, and Returner is fascinating.  Sony's house stuff tends to be pretty solid compared to Microsoft, and I think we saw a really nice spread.  Problem is...a LOT of the other games shown will be on other systems.  As exciting as it was to see RE8 (which I got major Silent Hill vibes on), it's also going to appear on the Xbox and maybe even the PS4.

The design of the console is...the design.  I don't hate it, and I'm glad to see something with a little flair (though, I suspect more than some of it is to accommodate the cooling solution).

My biggest gripes are the usual: when is it coming, how much will it cost, and will my library transfer.  I'm leaning "no" on the last part given the comments made my Jim Ryan about next generation.  We'll see, but Sony was dominant this generation, which means they'll have an inflated ego going into the next and do stupid shit like they did with the PS3, or Microsoft did with the XBone.

#26 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13458 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:12 PM

well that's better. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#27 Hg Dragon

Hg Dragon

Eyelaser Ninja Pirate

• Citizen
  • 2698 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:25 AM

Ratchet and Clank? :thumbsup

Super Sackboy Galaxy (aka Sackboy Adventures) I hope the controls are tighter than Little Big Planet.

Gran Turismo 7? :o :thumbsup

New Insomniac version of Spiderman? :love

Stray looks like a fun, cool little game, something the wife might enjoy.

Kena reminds me of the Pikmin games from the short clip shown.

NEW ABE?!?! :love :love :love :love

Retunal looks creepy as "f." :???

If there's a mascot-based car combat game, I'd rather have Twisted Metal back. Destruction Allstars didn't hit with me.

Ghostwire looks interesting, hopefully it's not a VR title.

Godfall: Gearbox's take on the Dynasty Warriors theme? Huh. Worth looking into.

Always down to try a new Hitman game.

Like the look and apparent tone of Little Devil Inside.

Bugsnax looks like someone decided to mashup Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs' foodimals with and Kirby. :drunk 

Deathloop looks like the Dishonored franchise with tongue-in-cheek humor and over-the-top run-and-gun.

Pragmata looked very :wtf I half-expected a Kojima Productions tagline to pop up. 

YESSSSSS! A NEW HORIZON GAME!!!!!!! I may have squeed loud enough to wake up my wife...

#28 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11239 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:52 AM

Godfall looks to be Smite...

#29 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26025 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:16 AM

The new Horizon game has my interest. The graphics are really nice. But I'm going to have to wait to see what the price point is. If the digital only version is significantly cheaper and has a reasonably sized hard drive, this may be the tipping point that makes me go all digital. A surprising number of games I bought this gen (PS3 and Switch) have been digital. But again, I'm waiting to see the price. I may just have to wait this time around.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#30 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9541 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 07:28 AM

So turns out the quick turnaround for Spider-Man is due to it just being a an upscaled port of the PS4 game with new Miles content.

EDIT Or not? Conflicting reports are going around. But even as Insomniac is trying to do damage control its not sounding like an entirely new game.

Edited by Daith, 12 June 2020 - 02:30 PM.

Switch code: SW-6538-7795-1972

#31 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:40 AM

I'm glad they are going the route of having both a digital only console, but keeping one that can play discs.

I'm going for the disc one. No matter how cheap digital gets, if I can have a physical copy of the game in my hands, I'm going that route.

I'm hoping what I hear of the PSVR also working with the PS5 is true. I feel it is with the Astro Bot footage for that playroom of theirs being a thing, which has my excited as Astro Bot Rescue Mission was an amazing game and lead to my first platninum.

Otherwise the only other game that has me excited is Resident Evil 8.

The rest look okay, but I either haven't played any of the previous games, or it's a new game that I need to wait and see how it pans out.

Goodbye Volcano High looks to be a sorta 'choose your adventure' game like Life is Strange/Walking Dead that might be interesting.

The one that annoys me however is 'Jet The Far Shore'

What the hell is the game ABOUT? What do you DO in the games? I'm sick of trailers showing basically cutscenes and then hoping you go buy the game. You need to let me see how it plays or at least tell me what kind of game it IS to get me excited.

You can get a bit of a pass if it's to a franchise that's been around for a while. Like I know what I'll be doing in RE8 (please VR support) I have no idea what the hell games like Jet, Stray, or Pragmata are.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#32 Hg Dragon

Hg Dragon

Eyelaser Ninja Pirate

• Citizen
  • 2698 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 12:07 PM

So turns out the quick turnaround for Spider-Man is due to it just being a an upscaled port of the PS4 game with new Miles content.

You know, I'm ok with that for the most part. Insomniac proved with the first game that they have the "feel" just right. No need to totally reinvent the wheel if what you have just works just fine. This also might mean that there could be a PS4 version of the game for those of us who might have to put off a PS5 for quite a while.

I'm glad they are going the route of having both a digital only console, but keeping one that can play discs.

I'm going for the disc one. No matter how cheap digital gets, if I can have a physical copy of the game in my hands, I'm going that route.

I'm hoping what I hear of the PSVR also working with the PS5 is true. I feel it is with the Astro Bot footage for that playroom of theirs being a thing, which has my excited as Astro Bot Rescue Mission was an amazing game and lead to my first platninum.

Otherwise the only other game that has me excited is Resident Evil 8.

The rest look okay, but I either haven't played any of the previous games, or it's a new game that I need to wait and see how it pans out.

Goodbye Volcano High looks to be a sorta 'choose your adventure' game like Life is Strange/Walking Dead that might be interesting.

The one that annoys me however is 'Jet The Far Shore'

What the hell is the game ABOUT? What do you DO in the games? I'm sick of trailers showing basically cutscenes and then hoping you go buy the game. You need to let me see how it plays or at least tell me what kind of game it IS to get me excited.

You can get a bit of a pass if it's to a franchise that's been around for a while. Like I know what I'll be doing in RE8 (please VR support) I have no idea what the hell games like Jet, Stray, or Pragmata are.

I felt the same way with Jett. Is it a Civ-type game? Is it a visual novel? Hell for all we know, it could be a Bejewelled style match-3 game.

And I agree with the "disc vs. digital only" point. I'm still uncomfortable with the fact that the company might be able to remove content at it's discretion (P.T. demo, anyone? Books stealth-removed from Kindles?); if I have a disc, they can't do that.

And "Stray" is exactly what it looks like. It's an adventure game where you play as a stray cat. I've seen some articles about it for PC when it was previously known by the working title of "HK Project." Seems to be a low-pressure, sit back and chill kind of game. Here's the Steam page for it.

#33 tec

tec

Shhhh or she will take your yubi's

• Supporter
  • 32709 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:23 PM

where the hell is my Armored Core and Ridge Racer?

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#34 Hg Dragon

Hg Dragon

Eyelaser Ninja Pirate

• Citizen
  • 2698 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:42 PM

I agree. Need a new, proper Armored Core game.

#35 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11239 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:30 AM

https://twitter.com/...135294750466048

Warning signals going off.

#36 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1886 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:39 PM

I'm really starting to wonder how much life is left in this cycle of new console generations every few years. I feel like we're seeing diminishing returns from each new generation. There's some nice looking stuff that has been shown off there, and I'm fairly certain I'll wind up getting a PS5 eventually. But as I watch it, I'm not seeing anything that stands out at me as not being possible on a PS4, or even as something that looks like it will be a lot better than it would have been on a PS4.

That's not really new to this generation. I think the best PS4 game I've played is a remastered PS3 game (The Last of Us). It just stands out to me how I'm not seeing anything exciting to me beyond the games themselves, and nothing about those games that makes me feel a PS5 is necessary to fully enjoy them. Maybe some less obvious stuff will stand out once I actually get to play them, but that's my first impression.

Other than that, the main thing that jumps out at me is the choice between different consoles. I get that a lot of people are going fully digital and don't want to mess with a disk drive. As someone who's not on board with the current standing of owning digital games, I really like how they decided to cater to both audiences. I'm sure this is leading to an end goal of going fully digital, which I'm not happy about, but Sony's approach here is much better than Microsoft's ham-handed approach last gen. I hope the demand for the physical disc version is high enough to pressure Sony into keeping the same approach next gen as well. I'm not ready for physical media to die yet.

#37 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36723 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

You know, I'm ok with that for the most part. Insomniac proved with the first game that they have the "feel" just right. No need to totally reinvent the wheel if what you have just works just fine. This also might mean that there could be a PS4 version of the game for those of us who might have to put off a PS5 for quite a while.

Most recent I've heard is that its a sidegame, like Uncharted Lost Legacy or other similar expansion type games; Likely using upscaled version of all the assets but probably a shorter game.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#38 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 26025 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 14 June 2020 - 04:19 PM

On the topic of physical vs. digital:

When we were first coming into the last generation, I was firmly on the side of physical. It was something I owned. It was something I won't lose just because they take it down and I can't download it again (the Wii virtual shop reinforces this point). Plus storage on the hard drive is always an issue.

But then as the generation moved on, I found it so convenient (trying not to say I'm lazy, but...) to be able to push a button to get out to the menu and from the menu just select my next game verses having to get my butt up from the couch, get the game case, push the eject button, put the disc in the case, choose the next game, take the case out, pop the disk out of the case, put it in the system...etc. etc.

Basically, it was too easy to grow lazy. I still had certain games I want physically. In particular, I even bought Last of Us physically AFTER I got it on a deep discount digitally. Final Fantasy XV is physical. Street Fighter V is physical. Pokemon is physical. But Mario Odyssey is digital. Lego Marvel is Digital. Spyro is digital. Mortal Kombat 11 I bought physical and then got digital just to save the pre-mentioned headache.

As much as I'd love to cling to my Physical only banner and die on that hill, I'm afraid I'm going to have to say that if the digital only PS5 offers a significant price chop from the one that offers physical options, I may just go digital this gen.

I do agree about the diminishing returns though. My favorite PS4 games have been Last of Us (and Horizon and Street Fighter Five, but that's counterproductive to my argument so I won't mention it. While there are some pretty games that may not have been so pretty on the PS3, I do think this will be the generation known for its Remasters.

Edited by Caldwin, 14 June 2020 - 04:21 PM.

PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#39 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11239 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 08:19 PM

When we were first coming into the last generation, I was firmly on the side of physical. It was something I owned. It was something I won't lose just because they take it down and I can't download it again (the Wii virtual shop reinforces this point). 

Sadly that wasn't accurate though... At any time they could have sent out an update to make those discs useless. Sure you'd "own" the disc, but that doesn't actually MEAN anything. 

#40 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5516 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 15 June 2020 - 12:24 AM

When we were first coming into the last generation, I was firmly on the side of physical. It was something I owned. It was something I won't lose just because they take it down and I can't download it again (the Wii virtual shop reinforces this point). 

Sadly that wasn't accurate though... At any time they could have sent out an update to make those discs useless. Sure you'd "own" the disc, but that doesn't actually MEAN anything. 

Maybe, but has that ever happened ever?

The worst thing I've seen with owning a disc is something like that horrible Tony Hawk game where you basically get the REAL game from a hefty download and the disc is useless without it.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users