Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 07:47 PM)

Eh. It had a few ideas that could've been interesting. They just never went anywhere because it was easier to have Megatron brainwash everyone.

@  Nevermore : (05 June 2020 - 07:41 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is that it was made.

@  Paladin : (05 June 2020 - 05:15 PM)

remember when Energon had to switch animation styles because their CGI models were completely incapable of expressing emotions ?

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:42 PM)

And what was done to Demolisher to a lesser extent.

@  Thundercrack... : (05 June 2020 - 04:34 PM)

Energon's biggest problem is what it did to Starscream.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 04:00 PM)

I mean, they took all of that and the series is still dull enough to use as a sleep aid, so....

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2020 - 02:46 PM)

It's a food source, a weapon and so unstable that looking at it funny makes it explode. If energon is boring, blame the writers not the element.

@  TheMightyMol... : (05 June 2020 - 02:17 PM)

Energon's big problem is that it's boring.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:48 PM)

Double post ignore.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 June 2020 - 01:44 PM)

Energon was the worst of the lot.

@  Bass X0 : (05 June 2020 - 05:39 AM)

"I know I can't catch you.... but I can... trap you...!"

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 June 2020 - 11:51 PM)

They dubbed reaction shots and running scenes in the first two UT shows with "huh?" and grunts. very annoying.

@  Sabrblade : (04 June 2020 - 06:10 PM)

Watch it in Japanese with English subs. Karyuudo did all that work for us so that we could. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (04 June 2020 - 06:08 PM)

I tried... but it just wasn't that good. The comics were better.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 June 2020 - 04:07 PM)

I didn't even watch Armada when it originally aired.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 June 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Anyone watch Armada anymore ._.

@  JRSBill : (03 June 2020 - 01:06 PM)

bain

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 June 2020 - 04:14 AM)

UBI is coming.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

I can just HEAR his screechy G1 voice saying that....

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 09:30 PM)

*Dies laughing* XDDDDDD

@  TheMightyMol... : (02 June 2020 - 07:01 PM)

Megatron's coupon has failed! Now I, Starscream, shall speak to your manager!

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:39 PM)

(i just want to make jokes excuse my doing)

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 June 2020 - 06:38 PM)

ITS STARSCREAM.... AND HIS CLONES

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

And there was no one there when I started!

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 June 2020 - 06:31 PM)

I swear, I'm in line to use a coupon, there is something wrong with said coupon, and suddenly I'm holding up a line of 3 or 4 people

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

Photo
- - - - -

Generations - WfC: Earthrise Discussion

2811 replies to this topic

#141 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4021 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:06 PM

I wonder if this means that they're going to do a timeskip over in the IDW comics and have them pick up on modern Earth.

I sure HOPE not, but...

#142 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9536 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

I should probably link the other base mode they show Ironworks in, since I only saw it at Snakas' site and nowhere else.

Attached Thumbnails

• 407865_TRA_GEN_WFC_E_DELUXE_S20_WV1_IRONWORKS_RENDER_3.jpg

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#143 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Retired Staff
  • 2368 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:29 PM

I remember when Siege was unveiled, and everyone was angry over "the same old" when the first two preview figures were Prime and Sideswipe. Not only did those two end up being pretty awesome but so was the rest of the line. My point is that we've seen two Voyagers (well one Voyager and one Voyager with an add-on being sold as a Leader), one Deluxe, and some Micromasters. It seems far too early to condemn the line.

As for what we do have? Ironworks was a deep cut out of left field. I'm unsure if I'll get him as Micromasters aren't my thing, but I like that it exists.

Grapple looks fun, but I actually REALLY like RtS Grapple so this will be a case where I wait for reviews.

Optimus? Oh man. If I'm angry about anything it's that they did Basically Earth But Not Prime in the last line, and he was the best G1-based Prime since Classics/Henkei. I would have preferred it if they skipped him entirely knowing now what they had planned for EarthRise. Just release Galaxy Prime as Siege Optimus.
Anyway despite buying that Prime? I LOVE this one. Classics Prime was FANTASTIC but he very much shows his age, and has been for a few years now.
Every potential replacement has been compromised in some way. They made him a Combiner torso. Or a Headmaster/Powermaster mashup. Or a triple changer with clearly G2 stylings. Or a Leader with a tiny robot man curled up as his torso. Or a weird Earth truck with a hat and battle damage.

Now though? It's just straight up, a modern G1 Optimus at a retail price point and main line scale with a Matrix and an optional trailer. No weird additional gimmicks, no baffling paint choices. I've been waiting for this for a while and it's finally happening.
I'm so getting him. And once I have him? Then I'll agree with everyone that it's time to move on from the G1 Optimus design for a while.
Ideally we wouldn't have had to go through so many false starts to get here, but we're finally there. And I love it.

And honestly? I'm excited. I loved a lot about Siege, but the Cybertronian designs ruined it for my favourite character, Starscream.
I was huge into fighter jets as a kid (I loved Top Gun) and so Starscream being an Earth fighter jet is a huge part of his appeal to me. Siege Starscream had a fantastic robot mode but his Tetrajet mode, while on-point, just doesn't do it for me as the "definitive" Starscream look.
So if I can get an awesome G1-styled Optimus with no compromises and a Starscream with a robot mode as good as Siege's with a proper fighter jet alt mode? The line's instantly my favourite of all time.

Edited by LordGigaIce, 01 October 2019 - 10:30 PM.

B3v0h0W.png

#144 tec

tec

Still Crusin'

• Supporter
  • 32448 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:34 PM

People complain about EF Grapple being to "G1" when we got a stylized Grapple before he name was Armada Smokescreen and you all hated him :D

Its ok Smokescreen I love you with your working wench and big ass railgun

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#145 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:41 PM

Its ok Smokescreen I love you with your working wench

She works hard for the money

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#146 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:46 PM

Wait, what?

https://www.allspark...nicron-updates/

"IRONWORKS, the eccentric AUTOBOT communications expert, Deluxe figure stands at 5.5 inches in robot mode, converts into a Modular Battle Station mode"

"OPTIMUS PRIME can also convert into a Modular Battle Station mode"

I'm just going to assume they're talking about how his trailer's Combat Deck mode can connect with other bases.

#147 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7536 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:56 PM

I'm not that interested in Optimus trailers at this point, I already have one with the 7-Eleven logo on it and nothing can beat that. But and Optimus that comes with a bed and a CPAP machine is pretty cool. 

Dudes Who Become Bases But In A Less Stupid And More Convincing Way Than Titans Return... yes please. That's bloody brilliant. I'm sad to be leaving Cybertron so soon, but this will be worth it. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#148 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:56 PM

Also, missed opportunity to finally just turn roller into a Micromaster and actually give him a toy with a robot mode.  It's time!

But I've owned that for years:

https://tfwiki.net/w...timusRoller.jpg

ZacWilliam, I should try to find him.

Never knew that existed.  Huh.

And who's to say they won't do it again, as a separate release? I guess they'd have to pair him with somebody, though. Oo, maybe he and Apex Bomber could be a Direct-Hit & Power Punch redeco!

#149 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2124 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:05 AM

I should probably link the other base mode they show Ironworks in, since I only saw it at Snakas' site and nowhere else.

Is that just one Ironworks, or do you need two to make that mode? And I wonder if the Micromasters can ride inside him in robot mode?

#150 Ave Destron!

Ave Destron!
  • Citizen
  • 5284 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:18 AM

liking that prime a lot, even though the thumbnail just made me assume it was siege prime w. a different shield.

but i'm not going to bother fighting it at this point whatever.

now ironworks, if that's  the overriding gimmick of the line, i am in love. Everything that was cool about the modular deluxes in siege except better because i can have tiny or large base modes ohoho

Does anyone see City-Swimmer? Is he gliding beneath the silver water? Is he creeping 'round a corner, hugging a wall, silent as a shadow in the dark?

#151 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9536 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 01:06 AM

Is that just one Ironworks, or do you need two to make that mode? And I wonder if the Micromasters can ride inside him in robot mode?

That is definitely a single Ironworks: one arm at the top of the tower, the two legs pegged together underneath, and the rest is the panels of the figure with the other arm forming the crane.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#152 Boss Borot

Boss Borot
  • Citizen
  • 4646 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:46 AM

There's something weird going on with Prime's legs. There are knee hinges that don't look like they contribute to the truck mode transformation, and asymmetrical details on the outsides of his legs that look like they connect to each other (a rough hexagon on his left leg and a similar void on his right leg)

#153 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20196 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:40 AM

Could it possibly be time for a non-crappy Earth jet Seeker mold?

XgxCpmP.png

#154 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17713 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:47 AM

I... Kinda hope not? That would be SO expensive for me.

-ZacWilliam, I've passed on the Siege Jets and really everything since the Classics... I know it can be done better than that mold, it shows it's age, but I really don't want to replace Seven Decepticons at Voyager Scale.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#155 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20196 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 02 October 2019 - 03:54 AM

Actually, scratch that. Non-crappy Seeker mold period. 

XgxCpmP.png

#156 B-Fox

B-Fox
  • Citizen
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:38 AM

But the Classics Seeker mold is so good!

*null rays knock wings out of place. Horizontal stabilizers CRACK around their pin when folded one too many times* 

MAH GEEWUN/MAH EYEDEEDUBBYA GOSPEL COMICS. The new eternal struggle

#157 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2761 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, I'm kinda glad I didn't go in for the Siege Seekers (Siegekers?) now if there's the potential for ANOTHER swing at the definite CHUG Seeker mold.

#158 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 638 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:02 AM

Ironworks being a Deluxe 'bot with two base modes and break-apart functionality is a pleasant surprise - more like that, please. :thumbsup Bring on Deluxe Hot House, Greasepit and Airwave! :D

@Sprocket: Nighbird'd. :wtf

And if I can pipe dream for a second here: Voyager Micromaster base-bots based on the Combiner Transports. Retrosurge the missile transport/launch bay, Pipegusher the tanker truck/missile battery, and Terror-Head the mobile anti-air gun/artillery emplacement. :)

I love these ideas.

#159 LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce

See if you can take the power of justice!

• Retired Staff
  • 2368 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:08 AM

Yeah, I'm kinda glad I didn't go in for the Siege Seekers (Siegekers?) now if there's the potential for ANOTHER swing at the definite CHUG Seeker mold.

To me it could be a cool mix and match thing. Like...yeah. Earth mode Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. Red Wing and the Rainmakers though? Who's to say that they even have Earth alternate modes? Similar enough robot modes could make for some fun uniformity in that mode while changing up the alt mode depending on where the character is "based."

B3v0h0W.png

#160 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7536 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:12 AM

Siegekers

Swoon. :love

WsuGTl1.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic