Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (25 January 2021 - 09:44 PM)

death comes for us all. what difference does it make how?

@  ▲ndrusi : (25 January 2021 - 06:26 PM)

It's only murder and that is all, why should I feel the way I do...

@  Rufus : (25 January 2021 - 01:37 PM)

It's only murder if it comes from the Murder region of France, otherwise it's just suspiciously deceased.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 January 2021 - 09:17 AM)

It's only murder if they find the body, otherwise it's just a missing persons case.

@  Telly : (24 January 2021 - 02:31 AM)

so light yagami is a BAD role model? but ive already got a death note...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 January 2021 - 11:43 PM)

Do you always model proper behavior after anime characters?

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (23 January 2021 - 06:34 PM)

Don't forget Yu-Gi-Oh and the Millennium items.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 January 2021 - 02:51 PM)

There was a five season anime with wearing relics as the premise.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 January 2021 - 01:16 PM)

You don't wear relics, you enshrine them.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 06:23 PM)

Wrong holey... and probably the wrong way to dress too.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2021 - 06:09 PM)

If your underwear is old and holy, it is considered a relic and should be protected with your life.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 02:04 PM)

That's the argument we keep making: but I still need to wait till feb 8th minimum to replace my holey underwear.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:57 PM)

Personally I'm glad Ontario wasn't so misguided as to try to define what is or isn't "essential" for big box stores like Walmart to sell. If someone is stuck at home literally for weeks and unable to go out, who's to say a new TV or game console isn't essential (if only for one's sanity) if theirs breaks down?

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:55 PM)

Although fortunately, Ontario's daily cases and positivity rate has been on a steady decline for the past week or so; if they can get the vaccinations back on track, there is some hope.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:53 PM)

And as far as Canada's lockdowns go, I'm guessing none of them will end until late March, or perhaps the beginning of April. What small businesses that might be left at that point will be allowed to open for their going out of business sales.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:52 PM)

Unfortunately the CEO of Target Canada made more money by running the company into the ground than he ever would have had he made it a success, so there was zero incentive to succeed.

@  TM2-Megatron : (22 January 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Target made some serious mistakes when they came into Canada. They focused on opening like 150+ stores within a 2 year timeframe and had no online infrastructure whatsoever; their website literally only contained legal blurbs and a store locator... lacking even the ability to see what they sold in stores, or if it was in stock and, if so, where. They should have started with 1/3 the number of stores with a full online experience including online shopping and inventory checking

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 12:35 PM)

See; quebec is under a new lockdown, have been since the 26th. It's supposed to end the 8th of february, but probably won't. Stores are only supposed to sell necessities (in deference to the stores which are closed.), but the quebec government made no effort define what counts as a "necessity", only punished them for getting it wrong. So I can buy all the candy I want, but not underwear, boots, winterwear, small appliances. Hell, my brother had to explain why he wanted a FUSE when he needed to fix his stove shortly before new years.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 12:31 PM)

Targets don't exist in canada anymore. They lasted like 3 years before abandoning the market. But even if they WERE still here: they would be under the same poorly defined restrictions as walmart.

@  -LittleAutob... : (22 January 2021 - 12:10 PM)

Target's better-

@  wonko the sane? : (22 January 2021 - 07:51 AM)

HA! my walmarts can't even sell underwear. There's no clearances going on up here.

@  Steevy Maximus : (21 January 2021 - 11:31 PM)

Check your Walmarts: Post-Christmas clearances are going on and I snagged Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered for Switch for only $5 (YMMV)

@  ZakuConvoy : (21 January 2021 - 03:15 PM)

*walks out on stage* Umm, I don't know how to tell everyone this, but Conway Twitty's been dead for nearly 30 years, now. So...*dances awkwardly as distraction*

@  tigerhawk : (21 January 2021 - 10:47 AM)

uh oh we need a distraction, ladies and gentlemen Conway Twitty.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 January 2021 - 10:20 AM)

*screaming internally*

@  -LittleAutob... : (21 January 2021 - 09:46 AM)

Everything is f i n e

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 January 2021 - 08:30 AM)

Everything's okay until it isn't. That's life.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 January 2021 - 08:12 AM)

Oh my god... I forgot entirely about yellowstone.

@  tigerhawk : (21 January 2021 - 03:32 AM)

Until the third civil war. Or yellowstone, whatever's good.

@  Nevermore : (20 January 2021 - 06:01 PM)

That's not true. An adult man is in control of the White House now.

@  repowers : (19 January 2021 - 03:18 PM)

Everything's out of control.

@  -LittleAutob... : (19 January 2021 - 09:51 AM)

*cough* w h a t?

@  Donocropolis : (19 January 2021 - 09:48 AM)

Cause your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance they ain't no friends of mine

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 January 2021 - 08:52 AM)

You could leave your friends behind.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 January 2021 - 09:43 PM)

You could if you really wanted to.

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 January 2021 - 01:35 PM)

Nadie puede decir algo diferente >:D

@  -LittleAutob... : (18 January 2021 - 01:35 PM)

......... all wounds heal through God. *walks off*

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 January 2021 - 01:01 PM)

Let me know when the WEAPONs wake up.

@  tigerhawk : (18 January 2021 - 05:18 AM)

Or is the wound the Earth healing.

@  unluckiness : (18 January 2021 - 03:32 AM)

Healing is just destroying the wound

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 January 2021 - 06:08 PM)

But eventually destroys everything.

@  tigerhawk : (17 January 2021 - 05:03 PM)

Heals many wounds

@  PlutoniumBoss : (17 January 2021 - 02:03 PM)

Time.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 January 2021 - 07:53 AM)

I dunno, maybe. I'm not clairvoyant either...

@  Nevermore : (17 January 2021 - 04:30 AM)

Covid?

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 09:50 PM)

At this point, if I'm going to die then it won't be the wait what killed me. It didn't help any, mind you, but it's not what got me.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 January 2021 - 09:37 PM)

Technically we are all literally dying to play with our next figure.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 05:36 PM)

I am figuratively dying to play with that cheetor.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 January 2021 - 04:39 PM)

Still waiting for my box from BBTS to arrive.

@  tigerhawk : (16 January 2021 - 04:29 PM)

Kingdoms is fantabulous and it's only the first wave.

Photo
- - - - -

Generations - WfC: Earthrise Discussion

4877 replies to this topic

#4861 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9131 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:21 PM

Uncommon Opinion:

I have never liked Classics Prime. The excessively angular insect-y aesthetic it has going on just always turned me off. So I skipped it thinking "It's Optimus Prime there will be a new better one soon."

And then that did not happen for literally a decade and I had a big hole in my display until finally Titans Return Optimus filled it.

-ZacWilliam, Earthrise has replaced that now, although I'm keeping it for my 1988 display. After Earthrise I have a hard time imagining needing another G1 Design Optimus ever again.

I don't miss the "mouthplates with extra mandible lines" look of that era.

#4862 TheSupernova

TheSupernova
  • Citizen
  • 989 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:22 PM

I was probably one of the few that thought that CW Prime gave Classics a run for its money, but even then it got sold off first.

ER Prime is going to hold the title for quite a while now, though I think it could be improved.

I'm not a man of many words.  When I do have something to say, though, I'll try and make it worth your while!

#4863 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 37063 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

I was probably one of the few that thought that CW Prime gave Classics a run for its money, but even then it got sold off first.

ER Prime is going to hold the title for quite a while now, though I think it could be improved.

I kinda get the feeling, or least won't be surprised, if they follow a similar mindset as what followed Classics. He was /the/ modern G1 Optimus Prime, the ones following were all gimmicky versions, and even the IDW Orion Pax seemed like he took design elements from Classics Prime. Combiner, Headmaster, 'Powermaster', G2, Ultimate Battle spin gimmick, multiple legend versions, Kreo, Video Game, POTP evolution, etc. They had a 'definitive' version and just experimented or did other versions of him. Now they have their new Definative version, one that is about as screen accurate as you can get for a normal retail figure, and first they they do? Legend sized version. So maybe we'll once more see more variation on Optimus over the next decade, while they occasionally re-release ER Prime like the 10 or so versions of Classics Prime that exists.

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

#4864 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31728 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:01 AM

I never even got Classics Prime.

My first experience with the mold was with BotCon 2014 Ginrai, and then with Legends LG-EX Magna Convoy.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4865 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24466 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:43 AM

Classics Voyager Optimus was so oddly proportioned. The head and torso are too small for the legs. Or maybe his legs are too big for the rest of him.

#4866 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23198 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:17 AM

Now that I finally have an Earthrise seeker (Thrust), I can say that the Classics mold is still the best Seeker design. The new one has weak joints, a needlessly fiddly arm transformation, thinner and rougher flex plastic all over the chest and arms, no landing gear, weird giant kneecaps, no engine exhausts, a fake conehead, worse colors and paint details, and the same chunky undercarriage. The only improvements are the built-in VTOLs (though really, this giant version was the perfect opportunity to make them actually spin) and the better-proportioned guns and nosecone.

Overall, it's not BAD, it's just not better than the older, more conveniently-sized version.

It's just as well that they only released Skywarp in a two-pack with a stupid face, so I won't be tempted to get him too. I can just stick with Thrust as a curio, and my squadron of 15+ Classics.

#4867 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41073 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:06 AM

I have been a bit conflicted as far as Classics. My CHUG collection was my favorite toys for a long time, and the ones I wanted to display the most. However, since Combiner Wars, I have been slowly replacing them with better versions. Now, we have Earthrise and it alone gave us a lot of great versions of the figures that I feel are upgrades over the CHUG toys of the mid to late 2000's. Now we have Studio Series bringing us such great figures from TFTM and onwards, so its only going to get more competitive for my remaining CHUG bots.  I have limited shelf space, and I like my CHUG figures, but I have to admit that the new toys look cooler on the shelf. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#4868 Gizmoboy

Gizmoboy

I live to serve

• Administrator
  • 10548 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:31 PM

That's strange that you're seeker has weak joints.  I was thinking about how much of an improvement that has been over the classics mold for me.  I am not getting rid of my classic seekers by any means, but I much prefer the new seeker mold.

#4869 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS
  • Supporter
  • 18284 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:41 PM

Good thing with seekers is that they are the backbone of the Decepticon forces so having a lot of them isn't out of place.

Then again if you're looking to save money maybe not a good thing...
Http://www.scatterville.com

#4870 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2896 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:08 PM

In my own case I've had some issues with the fragility of some of the new ones, my older models from Classics/Generations/CW may not be 'perfect' but they're sturdier, and since I have a ten-year-old nephew that has suddenly REALLY gotten interested in Transformers, I'm having to consider the visual upgrades, vs. being able to let a kid play with my stuff as only a kid can (read: Tornado).  They're clearly close enough to work, he's been watching old Shout Factory DVD's while messing with them on the kitchen table when visiting.

#4871 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 4449 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:48 PM

Classics Voyager Optimus was so oddly proportioned. The head and torso are too small for the legs. Or maybe his legs are too big for the rest of him.

I actually think he pretty good and I rather like him! Speaking of classics, I would say the deluxe two pack Optimus is the most faithful to the G1 look in terms of robot mode within the deluxe range, thou his head is a bit weird to look at, a few minor alterations he could be a desent OP, the alterations I mainly think of is removing that punching gimmick and alterating the head to look more like OP, sure he doesn't have a space for the Matrix but he is a pretty well rounded figure, while not the best OP figure, he has always certainly stood out for me at least and he does kind recreate OP transformation from the 86 movie pretty well, as well as homaging his G1 toy, the truck mode is a bit of a flop due to transformation and the fact you can't slide his legs away as other deluxes, but if they took the basic desgin and made some changes, we could have a desent OP in the deluxe scale, sure OP had a couple of deluxes in the Generations line but they been recreating the video game looks, thou my definative G1 pre OP is the Generations Orion Pax, the POTP verison is just not really in scale with other figures of the deluxe size.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#4872 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14743 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:56 AM

I'm being won over by the more cohesive, blocky look of the newer stuff, to be honest. It helps that they've been really aggressive about checking off that Have We Given Them Knees Yet list; as easy as it is to call it predictable and slavish and whatnot, it can't be denied that it's been great for amassing a good-sized collection. If you hopped on in the last few years (especially if it was with Prime Wars) and followed along, you'd be pretty close to a robust 84-6/7 lineup (barring the inanity of exclusives last year).

And really, the more that availability of space (display and storage alike) becomes a problem, the closer I am to breaking down and selling off a huge chunk of older CHUG. I've been resistant to this idea, but in the last year or so I've started to come around to it.

Really the main holdback is just practicality and efficiency now. Selling stuff is itself kind of a headache; the secondary market here is kind of iffy (not least because so many are ALSO making that switch).

I will, however, hold on to Classics Prime, Megatron, Rodimus, the Seekers, and a handful of other pieces across each of the Generations generations. (I still really dig Classics Prime as a redo of the G1, even as I fully appreciate what the Earthrise mold does as an update.) But some, like Galvatron, the Datsuns, and so on, I won't really be that sorry to see go.

So with TC and SW being reissued, all I can think is....

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

reissue Dirge and Ramjet.

The Earthrise Skywarp and Thundercracker stock at Entertainment Earth right now is existing stock, not reissue stock. (But, noted. :) There are a few ongoing conversations regarding other rereleases which will be revealed as soon as we can.   Just keep posting about the stuff y'alls want to see a new run of, there are eyeballs on it.)
Definitely seconding the Dirge and Ramjet vote, especially if they're no longer exclusive.

Do the same for Prowl/Ironhide, and the Galactic Odyssey stuff.

Edited by lastmaximal, 18 January 2021 - 07:14 AM.

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#4873 Xero Prime

Xero Prime

its like drinking a My Little Pony

• Citizen
  • 1096 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 12:49 PM

BBTS has preorder for Skywarp and Thundercracker.

x

#4874 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Administrator
  • 41073 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:41 PM

Some guy even wrote an article on it and posted it in here. 

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#4875 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14743 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 19 January 2021 - 03:57 AM

The nerve!

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#4876 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3378 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 January 2021 - 12:04 AM

Did he mention the need for Dirge and Ramjet too? Cuz if he didnt he should.

[mic drop]
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#4877 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5991 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 08:33 PM

Managed to snag Netflix Soundwave on random late night e-mail for being in stock...Yay completeness...

#4878 Bonebot

Bonebot
  • Citizen
  • 362 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:06 AM

If anyone in the Great Lakes region is still searching for wave 2 & 3 deluxes, Meijer stores are starting to restock with both.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users