Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

Photo
- - - - -

Generations - WfC: Earthrise Discussion

2753 replies to this topic

#401 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:06 PM

Come on battle master Turbo Board! Skateboard to ramp, either way people stand on him.

Anomalocaris to hoverboard to ramp, please.

EF-7LJgWsAAqdfj.jpg

EF-7vEDX0AMY4gQ.jpg

word at the con is that this cliffjumper is cliffjumper and will never be bumblebee but LOOK AT NEW-IDW BUMBLEBEE, LOOK AT HIM

So you're saying you think there'll be a Bumblebee that's 90% new mold but reuses Cliffjumper's arms?

Also the legs. Note the rectangles at the bottom front of the shins. Same sculpted detail.

Honestly, a Bumblebee would need new feet/hood, new backpack/trunk, and a new head.

#402 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 3535 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:06 PM

Although I am excited for the line, I feel let down by that Optimus.  The renders shown this morning were so nice-looking with the silver front wheels and blue hands.  The bland gray front wheels and gray hands really let it down.  Such a shame, because it looks like it will be a good figure.

Edited by Sciflyer, 04 October 2019 - 11:11 AM.

#403 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4834 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:18 PM

Honestly, a Bumblebee would need new feet/hood, new backpack/trunk, and a new head.

And as far as the accessory, Atlantis Arise featured BB with the hydrofoil skis and a spy satellite of sorts.  Maybe something that could be worked into a jetpack?  Though, given the choice, I'd rather have his neo-G1 warhammer as seen with the model kit.

Maybe we'll see some form of that if Hasbro does a "battle armor" version with classic toy face?

Edited by Steevy Maximus, 03 October 2019 - 09:19 PM.

#404 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:28 PM

It's a bigger Classics Starscream but with wings that fold back out of the way, removing the absolutely most annoying thing about Classics Starscream, so

Are you sure about that? One of the renders does kinda sorta make it look that way, but in the diorama they're out flat, and there's this bit in the video at 10:13:

What do you mean?  I hear them talking about how Starscream doesn't have waist rotation, and how he's the only one in the line who doesn't have waist rotation, but he couldn't because of the transformation.  Nothing about the wings folding back.  

#405 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:37 PM

Ah, I can hear that as "waist swivels" too. That makes more sense as something that would... compromise his hips. *sultry eyebrow-raise*

Speaking of:

ER_Optimus_Behind.jpg

dat-ass-meme.jpg

Edited by Jackpot, 03 October 2019 - 09:38 PM.

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#406 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:51 PM

Starscream looks great. He's like a bigger version of the Classics with MP-11's head.

They even got the light blue and gray face right.

Now give me:

Skywarp
Thundercracker
Slipstream
Sunstorm
Nacelle
Acid Storm
Bitstream
Hotlink
Nova Storm
Ion Storm
Thrust
Dirge
Ramjet
Sandstorm
Wheezing Arrow

What do they call the illness you have?

#407 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8123 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:57 PM

I just realized; Cliffjumper's probably gonna be a good bit bigger than the TR/POTP Legends guys, isn't he?

So much for me being done with the Minibots.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#408 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:02 PM

Unless I'm missing something in one of the hard-to-hear bits, it wasn't specified whether the parts that would've ended up inaccurately blue would've been in the trailer or the robot.

Ah, just got to this bit at 32:05 where Warden goes back over it:

Unfortunately there was a change in the mold plan, and it started chan-- the mold that that's in [points to Auto-Launcher] was all sorts of big pieces, like the whole back of the truck, [points to ramp] and, like, parts of his legs. It was like, I think it was the sides of his legs? There was, there was-- not the sides of his legs, it was, um, it was some big problem pieces that were, that were, that shouldn't have been...

I guess the only bit that he specifically points out IS on the trailer, but it sounds like there were also problems with the robot that he just couldn't quite remember.

#409 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10761 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:22 PM

Well, I've placed my preorders for what I want, between BBTS and Hasbro Pulse. Opted against Optimus, but sticking to the rest.

Looking forward to the rest of this line, though.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#410 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:37 PM

Another difference between the renders and the display toy is that the truck mode stripe wraps around the sides of the vehicle, instead of stopping at the front corners.  This gives ER Prime those MP-10 forearm stripes.  

#411 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17703 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:41 PM

These all look really good and I think I want most to all of them, but honestly can't imagine bothering to Preorder them. They are Wave 1 of a new line, they're the ones that will be everywhere and easy to get long after you are sick of seeing them and wish Wave 2 Weaponizer Signal Lancer would hit shelves already.

-ZacWilliam, I mean it's fine, it just feels really uneccessary...
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#412 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9532 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:42 PM

Still holding out hope they'll work out the issues with the blue molding and give us a re-release in some fashion with the render's colors someday. And if he doesn't come with the trailer, all the better.

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#413 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20186 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:43 PM

Ah, I can hear that as "waist swivels" too. That makes more sense as something that would... compromise his hips. *sultry eyebrow-raise*

Speaking of:
*buttwheels*

AKSHULLY

5vuSusG.jpg

XgxCpmP.png

#414 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

word at the con is that this cliffjumper is cliffjumper and will never be bumblebee but LOOK AT NEW-IDW BUMBLEBEE, LOOK AT HIM

I don't know if more has been said outside of the video, but in that, the only thing Warden says about it pertains to the car modes being unique, not the whole molds being different. 42:19:

Cliffjumper? He turns into a not-- not a little identical repaint of Bumblebee. It's usually Bumblebee is always the same as Cliffjumper? This guy is unique; he is finally a unique car.

Which I find funny because his car mode looks a fair bit more like Windcharger than CJ to my eyes.

cliffjumpercolor.jpgbfde6deb59e401f312905ac7d27f3f32--transf
407941_TRA_GEN_WFC_E_DELUXE_S20_WV1_CLIF
Or, maybe more to the point...

r_runamuck-023.jpg

Edited by Jackpot, 03 October 2019 - 11:02 PM.

#415 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:51 PM

Speaking of:
*buttwheels*

AKSHULLY
*Studio OX buttwheels*

Yes, I know there's precedent. I didn't mean compromise, I meant.... compromise. *waggles eyebrows*

#416 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19575 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:03 PM

It's a bigger Classics Starscream but with wings that fold back out of the way, removing the absolutely most annoying thing about Classics Starscream, so

Are you sure about that? One of the renders does kinda sorta make it look that way, but in the diorama they're out flat, and there's this bit in the video at 10:13:

What do you mean?  I hear them talking about how Starscream doesn't have waist rotation, and how he's the only one in the line who doesn't have waist rotation, but he couldn't because of the transformation.  Nothing about the wings folding back.  

Looking at the pictures of the actual figure in that display, it really looks like it's nearly the same transformation scheme as the Classics, without additional back-folding capability to the wings. In fact, in one of the shots, you can even see where someone swiveled the wing slightly from the bottom hinge just like you had to do with the Classics model. It'd be nice to be wrong though. I think the thing that looked like a hinge in the renders is just a seam between the parts.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#417 DeltaSeeker

DeltaSeeker
  • Supporter
  • 4826 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:13 PM

I just realized; Cliffjumper's probably gonna be a good bit bigger than the TR/POTP Legends guys, isn't he?

So much for me being done with the Minibots.

I tried doing a comparison between Cliffjumper and TR Bumblebee, based on the size of the port on CJ's arm compared to BB's fist.  If I got it right, it puts CJ about a head taller than BB, if not more.  Probably closer to RtS Windcharger.

BumblebeeCliffjumper.jpg

#418 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:41 PM

Hee. Okay, this is neat.

ER_Optimus_Backpack.jpg

#419 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40373 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:46 PM

Unless I'm missing something in one of the hard-to-hear bits, it wasn't specified whether the parts that would've ended up inaccurately blue would've been in the trailer or the robot.

Ah, just got to this bit at 32:05 where Warden goes back over it:

Unfortunately there was a change in the mold plan, and it started chan-- the mold that that's in [points to Auto-Launcher] was all sorts of big pieces, like the whole back of the truck, [points to ramp] and, like, parts of his legs. It was like, I think it was the sides of his legs? There was, there was-- not the sides of his legs, it was, um, it was some big problem pieces that were, that were, that shouldn't have been...

I guess the only bit that he specifically points out IS on the trailer, but it sounds like there were also problems with the robot that he just couldn't quite remember.

I don't understand this. Don't they get to decide what parts end up where in the mold plan? Isn't this entirely within their power? I know space is going to be a limitation but the hands are such small pieces that finding room for them on a blue runner should not have been an insurmountable challenge.

A design this beautiful deserves not to have this done to it. They did too good a job up until that point. Find someone in the building with some Tetris skills and figure out how to fit those hands on a blue runner.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#420 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2570 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 October 2019 - 11:47 PM

Am I seeing things or does Leader optimus have blue light piping on the back of his head?

which would be rendered moot by the yellow paint on his eyes...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users