Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Maximus Ambus : (26 October 2020 - 11:29 AM)

Funny how 2020 gave me new appreciation for Dawn of the Dead 1978.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 07:43 PM)

@Fenix Twilight Sure. Just not a good one.

@  Fenix Twilight : (25 October 2020 - 04:02 PM)

@Sukoshiko Well his clothes left an impression on you didn't they?

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 October 2020 - 06:09 AM)

I just read "Tesla Cybertruck" like AC/DC's "Thunderstruck", now it won't get out of my head, so I inflict it on all of you as well.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:25 AM)

Tesla Cybertruck: amazing or just silly looking? I can't decide.

@  Sukoshiko : (25 October 2020 - 12:24 AM)

Weird question: I had to deal with a guy today... I'm not exactly up on modern fashions... or even archaic fashions... But this guy... Tuxedo Jacket and shirt, studs in all the button holes except the bottom one, blue jeans, and cowboy boots... Take a moment to imagine that get up. And this was to a business meeting, trying to impress someone. What look is that? Who on earth would dress that way? (I mean on purpose)

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:04 PM)

I think the few up here were lost to bad placement, poor weather, and the usual language trap.

@  TM2-Megatron : (24 October 2020 - 04:25 PM)

There are 5 spread around southwestern Ontario, all run by the same company. I've only been to the one in my area, but it seems to do good business even in non-pandemic times. On long weekends, when they do triple features, there's a normally a lineup to get in Friday and Saturday nights

@  Telly : (24 October 2020 - 01:51 PM)

there been one outside of my town for as long as ive been alive at least. its gone through its share of owners and periods of being closed down, but its been open for the past decade at least

@  Otaku : (24 October 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Bias from personal experience, but drive-in theaters are nearly extinct.  I grew up near one but it went out of business in the late 80s, and was torn down and replaced with some other business by the early 90s.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

Out here, I mean. Couldn't comment on their popularity in place where they actually exist.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 October 2020 - 06:44 AM)

I wouldn't know. They've only come back into vogue with the social distancing from the plague, and while some places have made an effort to shoestring the places together, it's all largely too distant to be accessible.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:46 PM)

I'd hate to see ours replaced by condos. They're a great way to spend an evening, whether with family or on a date. And they've never been as common in Canada as the US, so we cna't afford to lose as many

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:45 PM)

Largely they were either poorly placed or bought out and torn down to be replaced by something other than over priced short term parking. Mostly condos.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:14 PM)

I guess your winters are worse, so they have a shorter operating season. Drive-ins in the Toronto area can usually operate until early or mid-December; maybe even into early January if there's no real snowfall, and open up again sometime in March.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 09:13 PM)

THere's really only 1 left in the entire province?

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Ha! It's probably faster for me to drive to your drive in than to make my way to the only one left in quebec.

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Fortunately we still have a drive-in theatre that's exempt from the closures about a 10 minute drive away

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 October 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Theatres around here are closed again for at least another couple weeks (wouldn't be surprised if it's extended by another month or so, either), but that's what they've been doing here as well. Playing the old classics

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 October 2020 - 02:36 PM)

I got Earthrise Megatron, he's better then I thought he'd be though Netflix Megatron is still tops.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:44 AM)

The original Rocky movie is also showing. May go next weekend. That’s how you get people back in the theatres - show the old classics every adult loves.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2020 - 10:35 AM)

They did a limited run showing of it up here too, back when the theaters were open... red zones suck.

@  Bass X0 : (23 October 2020 - 10:13 AM)

The original Back To The Future is showing in the Odeon in the UK now. I think I will go see it tomorrow.

@  Donocropolis : (23 October 2020 - 05:51 AM)

It was either the Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. Can't remember the colors.

@  Kalidor : (22 October 2020 - 06:43 PM)

What did it look like?

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 01:34 PM)

I swear I remember getting the Happymeal G1 minibot as a child, but I live 2.5 hours from St. Louis, which is the only place they apparently came out. It's possible that I got it on a family vacation, though, as we went to Six Flags pretty often.

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2020 - 01:07 PM)

Conversely, I had the Gobot helicopter from Wendy's and I was absolutely convinced it was an actual Transformer.

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 08:13 AM)

I used to rubber-band Hot-Wheels style construction vehicles together and pretend it was Devestator.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2020 - 05:26 PM)

When I was about four years old, my parents bought me Bugbite and tried to tell me it was Bumblebee. I was not yet a fan of Transformers, but I knew that wasn't Bumblebee. I didn't even have the real Bumblebee at that time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:39 PM)

It would come with two soundtracks: the eighties classic and one featuring dubstep and the VAs are popular Youtubers.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 12:13 PM)

But yeah, reading it: I came off as a bit of an ass.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:52 AM)

I just couldn't think of worse music than disco...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 11:35 AM)

What were you trying to imply with the mocking sarcasm, though? Nobody suggested that '80s music was any more "of it's time" than '70s music.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:18 AM)

I said that disco wouldn't fare much better with the same context: media is property of it's time; biases, culture and limitations are all inherent in that. Some stuff can be brought forward because of an inherently timeless nature or the simplicity with which it was made but lots of media is a time capsule of the period of when it was made.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 08:46 AM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, or what you even think I said.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 08:11 AM)

Yeah, cause disco would make the transition so much better...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 07:17 AM)

I feel the '80s music would be jarring when running over current-day CGI instead of well, '80s visuals.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 05:39 AM)

Not a remake, reanimated scene for scene, like that fan vid titled they were always real to me.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 October 2020 - 04:37 AM)

Because we need more remakes these days.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:36 AM)

Be a hoot if these Studio Series 86 toys led to Transformers The Move Reanimated like Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution.

@  Paladin : (20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM)

only takes three pounds to be a cereal killer.

@  Kalidor : (20 October 2020 - 04:54 PM)

5 pounds is a lot of cereal! /deadpan

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 October 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Seems the area near my work place is due to be gentrified. Electric car ports, fifty pound haircuts and five pound bowls of cereal in breakfast cafes I'll bet.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 11:31 PM)

@ZakuConvoy Lumines Electric Symphony. So still halfway interesting, and it’ll play on the PS TV

@  Demovere Xeno : (19 October 2020 - 10:36 PM)

@Maximus: I paired the Battle Patrol with Ironworks and they look good together, though the Off Road Patrol would probably fit best as vehicles you're likely to find at a construction site.

@  ZakuConvoy : (19 October 2020 - 09:39 PM)

So...was it something like Tearaway or Gravity Rush or was it just a FIFA or a Madden?

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 08:26 PM)

Sounds like they need to clean more often.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 06:51 PM)

From the depths of Walmart's backroom comes...a Playstation Vita game in 2020?

@  Telly : (19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM)

and my bow

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:49 AM)

<GIMLI> And my axe! </GIMLI>

Photo
- - - - -

Generations - WfC: Earthrise Discussion

4228 replies to this topic

#4021 Sprocket

Sprocket

Problematic.

• Citizen
  • 9693 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:02 AM

It's not that bad

I got mine on, you just gotta put the lip of the tab into the slot first, then push down

Being part of any fandom is fundamentally embarassing.

#4022 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 17233 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:27 AM

Tip for anyone who's trying to get angry red face onto the Quintesson and values their time and thumbs: unscrew the face, prise it apart so you don't break off any of the pegs, attach the back then reassemble the face.

I sanded the attachment peg off, then glued the face on.

Was similarly left with a negative feeling toward the toy just because of its failed design requirements. If it had been intact in the box - like the Pit of Judgment Judge - I think I'd like it more.

#4023 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18262 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:44 AM

I was able to get the red face on within a few minutes of trying, without tools/alteration, on both of my Quints. Second was trickier than the first, took about 15 minutes of effort there, but they both clicked solidly in place in the end.

My opinion on the figure? Good official Quint toy, just to have one. Alt-mode is weird, but has a bit of play value. Kinda wish the "playset" mode looked more like a piece of Quintessa, with the twisty, and pointy organic-tech aesthetic more evident.

Mostly they just need to stand on my Movie shelf and be Quints. so they are well suited to that.

-ZacWilliam, the spinning gimmick is better in concept than execution. It's a tad tricky to hold it the right way and not have stuff get in the way of using it. But I'd give it an A- as a Quintesson toy and a B- as a "Transformers" toy.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 28 September 2020 - 08:49 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#4024 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31240 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:02 AM

Then throw the whole thing in the bin, because that's one shitty Transformer I wish they'd had the guts to do what they did back in Energon, and just release a non-transforming Quint that did what it was supposed to really well, instead of this abomination that does everything poorly.

Like the Cyberverse Quintesson? ;)

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4025 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68028 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:03 AM

Mine took about an hour to get on.  My brother's took 3 people several minutes over a 10 hour span to get on.

So obviously your mileage may vary to just a few seconds to never going on without a ton of struggling for hours.

My fingers hurt both times the next day after.

ACItEK8.png

#4026 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1997 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 28 September 2020 - 12:04 PM

I had no trouble at all with mine. The red face took a little more force than the green face, but nothing out of the ordinary. I was surprised how easy it was, having read all the complaining about it before I got mine. So it definitely varies.

My only real complaints about him are how the dome/cage just sit in place without locking into the body in both modes, and the tentacles being just soft plastic that isn't very poseable and that I know is going to be prone to warping whenever I try to put him into storage. Otherwise, he's pretty neat. Nice to have an official Quint finally.

#4027 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10965 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 12:45 PM

Got the Centurion Drone set in the mail today. Nothing was missing from the baggy of parts, and most of them (excepting the guns for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper) have been moved to another baggy. The two remaining guns are in a smaller baggy - the Bumblebee gun will go to Hubcap, and the Cliffjumper gun to Bugbite.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#4028 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10782 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 02:37 PM

My $30 Doubledealer from Walmart just got canceled.

We're very sorry, but due to high demand, we were unable to fulfill the items listed and had to cancel them.

If you paid with a credit or debit card, any hold placed on your account will be automatically removed according to your card issuer's policy.

We're so sorry we missed the mark on this. If you have questions please visit our Help Center.

MSzBav1.jpg

#4029 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18262 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:33 PM

Shit. I just got an email that Galactic Odyssey Ratchet and Lifeline has been moved from December 3rd to THIS Friday!

-ZacWilliam, that's a HUGE jump. Can things Please just ship when they say they will?

#4030 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31240 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:34 PM

Shit. I just got an email that Galactic Odyssey Ratchet and Lifeline has been moved from December 3rd to THIS Friday!

-ZacWilliam, that's a HUGE jump. Can things Please just ship when they say they will?

I too just now received an email saying the new delivery estimate for mine is Friday, October 9, 2020 - Wednesday, October 14, 2020.

So, not this coming Friday but the next.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4031 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8361 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:45 PM

Ratchet set, Runamuck, Fasttrack, and the newest Marvel Legends wave all now suddenly arriving this Friday. Jesus Christ.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/
And a fic thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/169332-do-no-harm-first-aid/

#4032 DocChloroplast

DocChloroplast

I think you underestimate the depths of my pettiness

• Citizen
  • 960 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:46 PM

Good thing we hung onto our stimulus checks lol; we got the same notification for Ratchet and Lifeline, who my wife just informed me is being repurposed as Velocity.

dFdY.png

Magaroja on TFWiki | Buying POTP Prima Prime, either version

Rest in Peace our darling Rydia, 1998 - Sept. 2, 2018

#4033 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 18262 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:50 PM

I realize I've made this complaint before but how the heck can you be expected to budget when every release date is apparently complete Fantasy.

-ZacWilliam, Damn it Hasbro.

#4034 CheeseSomersault

CheeseSomersault

Probably not a real person

• Citizen
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:54 PM

This is why I was hesitant to transition to preordering everything instead of getting figures after they're released. It's so hard to budget for

Unfortunately, you pretty much have to preorder everything now or else risk paying a 100% aftermarket price increase when a figure sells out before it's even released

#4035 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8950 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 September 2020 - 08:59 PM

got the email too. supposed to be here friday

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#4036 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8361 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:02 PM

The most insidious thing is that even if you get a handle on the stuff that hits early and the stuff that hits when it’s supposed to...you could at any minute be whammied by the Target and Walmart stuff that’s been delayed for months.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/
And a fic thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/169332-do-no-harm-first-aid/

#4037 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68028 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:05 PM

Got two Tigatrons, the latest Diaclone figure, ML Silk, PlayArts Remake Cloud, PR Drakon, HPC Cobra Commander all in the mail this week. Now Lifeline, Ratchet, Sunstreaker, and Trailbreaker are all coming. Hopefully the rest of the Hasbro Pulse Con stuff too.

I say bring it on! :D

ACItEK8.png

#4038 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 68028 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:08 PM

Oh, and MPM Starscream. Got him late last week too. Forgot about him as I hadn't opened him yet.

ACItEK8.png

#4039 TheSupernova

TheSupernova
  • Citizen
  • 925 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:10 PM

I got the same email as well, which actually lines up with what my Amazon Canada pre-order was originally estimating all along.

I'd love to cancel my .com pre-order, but .ca hasn't had the greatest track record with these exclusives yet, so I dunno.

But, yeah, to have gone from nothing for most of the year, so absolutely getting slammed with things hitting all at once is not a great situation at all...

I'm not a man of many words.  When I do have something to say, though, I'll try and make it worth your while!

#4040 Enbee

Enbee
  • Supporter
  • 2444 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 11:15 PM

My medic pack moved too, from... January-ish to November, now.

Yay?

My coneheads were also estimated some random number of weeks later than they actually shipped though so guess we'll see.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users