Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:05 PM)

So whenever he addresses his troops, he keeps cracking jokes. Sometimes these jokes are about the blunders he himself had made in his speech the previous day.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:01 PM)

At the moment, I'm blessed with a pretty nice superior. He's got a military background, but he takes an oddly entertaining approach to it. Imagine a stand-up comedian who accidentally enlisted as a drill sergeant.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Another type of everyday absurdity: Imagine you're leaving your workplace for your lunchbreak. Upon your return, you discover that your workplace has been cordened and/or gated off during your break, with "construction site" warning signs everywhere. You go to your superior and tell him: "I can no longer access my workplace! Why is there suddenly a construction site?" Your superior takes a surpised look and says: "I don't know, first time I see this." You figure: "Must be a Tuesday, then."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:51 PM)

It's kind of surreal, really.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:50 PM)

They agree that things are less than ideal, but they acknowledge that their scope of making decisions is limited. Oddly, I keep getting that regardless of how high up the chain of command I bother people.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:49 PM)

"I hear you, but you know how it is, there's nothing I can do about it." That's it, basically.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

Photo
- - - - -

Generations - WfC: Earthrise Discussion

712 replies to this topic

#1 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7948 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:22 AM

IGN has previewed a few of the figures from the Siege sequel, now apparently subtitled EarthRise.

https://www.ign.com/...g-optimus-prime

Gotta be honest, the presence of such a hardcore G1 Optimus really makes me wonder what the point of Voyager Siege Prime was. Also I really hope we do see a Cybertron mode Bumblebee eventually, but seeing as those recent leaks are looking to be true, I'm doubting it.

Edited by Confuzor, 01 October 2019 - 11:25 AM.

#2 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40469 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:26 AM

there is a big daddy, everything else is details

#3 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8100 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:26 AM

Yes.

Attached Thumbnails

• 71ucj8NNCpL._SL1002_.jpg

#4 Chip

Chip

• Citizen
  • 8100 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:31 AM

Ironworks is unexpected and great. Grapple's claw is wonderful. Optimus looks good, even given the limits to that Combat Deck.

#5 Chip

Chip

• Citizen
  • 8100 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:37 AM

I'm a little bummed that we're already done with space vehicles. I could have used more of those.

Ever since we learned that the Ruckley comics tie into the Netflix show, I've figured that both the comics and the Siege toyline were prequel/teaser/filler for that new show; like how the 07 movie got a prequel comic that was really only interesting when it was on Cybertron. Now we're on Earth already. I wonder whether some of EarthRise will be the Netflix cast.

#6 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12319 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:38 AM

once again Hasbro proves they are incapable of moving past 1987.

more and more I consider quitting.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#7 Lightbright

Lightbright
  • Citizen
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:38 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised by Ironworks; looking forward to linking him up with the Siege Weaponizers for some wild and outlandish base modes :)

#8 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

Dull as it may be, if this line actually pulls off "Masterpiece, except fun", I might just bite.

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#9 Kil

Kil
  • Supporter
  • 9682 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:44 AM

Ironworks is from 1989. The Hot Rod Patrol is from 1990. 

Edited by Kil, 01 October 2019 - 11:44 AM.

#10 unitremover

unitremover
  • Staff
  • 1505 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:49 AM

Glad to see Grapple looks good, even if his legs are a lil skinny. And Weaponizer Micromaster Bases (Baseizers?) are a neat idea I hadn't considered. Hope we get one of the fire station base.

Outside of liking his headsculpt, that Optimus isn't doing much that Stegetimus didn't already do for me. Having big, boring, grey box with no Roller, no paint apps outside of the stripe, and no design flourishes to make it more interesting doesn't help either.

Those Micromasters both look like Stege Swindler, functionally useless arm articulation and all, and you don't even seem to be able to make a goofy looking gun out of them anymore. So so much for those improving I guess. Can't wait to buy them anyways bc they're relatively cheap and I need them to populate the bases and also I'm an idiot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#11 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16847 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:49 AM

so we'll have to go through all of G1 again for Earthrise until finally Snapdragon is a tail-ender.

#12 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5465 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:50 AM

Uhuhuhuhu. HUhuh. Huhhuh.

This sucks.

#13 Cattleprod

Cattleprod
  • Citizen
  • 2334 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

Big Daddy: orange flames, orange robot parts. Other guy, who I'll assume is Little Daddy: blue flames, GREEN robot parts. That bugs me for indescribably petty reasons.

#14 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3933 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

Ironworks is amazing.  :love

And I guess my movie Big Daddy is getting shunted to my meager SG collection.

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#15 Poopface Convoy

Poopface Convoy
  • Protoform
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:57 AM

Ironworks is a neat surprise, but I really hope Part 3 moves away from G1.

#16 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17294 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:05 PM

‪Shit. I knew that was the main theory for Deluxe Ironworks but I kinda didn't expect it to be real. Irontread rename makes sense. Micromaster base weaponizer. I want it. Hope there are more. :)

On the one hand this is a quick pass on "space vehicles" but on the other hand their "space vehicles" were largely half-assed "close as we can get to their earth modes" anyway:

I'll say this, for doing G1 again they DO look to be be doing it well. If they have to do Prime again and Grapple again any least they really really well done. Things like Big Daddy and Ironworks here are what I want more of though.

-ZacWilliam very curious if it's Earth Clifjumper then.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#17 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:05 PM

Wow, that Ironworks looks sweet.

Grapple and the Micromasters seem okay.

Prime... eh. I liked the Studio Series trailer better.

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#18 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5350 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:06 PM

more and more I consider quitting.

I don't understand this sentiment.  Comparing Siege to G1 is no different than saying Justice League (2001) is the same thing as Superfriends.  Is it because it's the same characters with recognizable designs?  Do you want Batman to dress up like a bird?  Anyway, I respect your opinion, I just don't get what you want.  I wish they would do more of a Cybertron-based story, but no matter what, Earth is going to factor in eventually.

#19 Broadside

Broadside

SHARK PET DOG! SHARK PET DOG!

• Staff
  • 11018 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:09 PM

That Optimus Prime looks like the Optimus they've been getting incrementally closer to since Combiner Wars.

3nAcIwa.png

#20 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40469 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 12:12 PM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users