Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Donocropolis : (23 October 2020 - 05:51 AM)

It was either the Bumblebee or Cliffjumper. Can't remember the colors.

@  Kalidor : (22 October 2020 - 06:43 PM)

What did it look like?

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 01:34 PM)

I swear I remember getting the Happymeal G1 minibot as a child, but I live 2.5 hours from St. Louis, which is the only place they apparently came out. It's possible that I got it on a family vacation, though, as we went to Six Flags pretty often.

@  ▲ndrusi : (22 October 2020 - 01:07 PM)

Conversely, I had the Gobot helicopter from Wendy's and I was absolutely convinced it was an actual Transformer.

@  Donocropolis : (22 October 2020 - 08:13 AM)

I used to rubber-band Hot-Wheels style construction vehicles together and pretend it was Devestator.

@  Bass X0 : (21 October 2020 - 05:26 PM)

When I was about four years old, my parents bought me Bugbite and tried to tell me it was Bumblebee. I was not yet a fan of Transformers, but I knew that wasn't Bumblebee. I didn't even have the real Bumblebee at that time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:39 PM)

It would come with two soundtracks: the eighties classic and one featuring dubstep and the VAs are popular Youtubers.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 12:13 PM)

But yeah, reading it: I came off as a bit of an ass.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:52 AM)

I just couldn't think of worse music than disco...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 11:35 AM)

What were you trying to imply with the mocking sarcasm, though? Nobody suggested that '80s music was any more "of it's time" than '70s music.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 11:18 AM)

I said that disco wouldn't fare much better with the same context: media is property of it's time; biases, culture and limitations are all inherent in that. Some stuff can be brought forward because of an inherently timeless nature or the simplicity with which it was made but lots of media is a time capsule of the period of when it was made.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 08:46 AM)

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply, or what you even think I said.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 October 2020 - 08:11 AM)

Yeah, cause disco would make the transition so much better...

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 October 2020 - 07:17 AM)

I feel the '80s music would be jarring when running over current-day CGI instead of well, '80s visuals.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 05:39 AM)

Not a remake, reanimated scene for scene, like that fan vid titled they were always real to me.

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 October 2020 - 04:37 AM)

Because we need more remakes these days.

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2020 - 01:36 AM)

Be a hoot if these Studio Series 86 toys led to Transformers The Move Reanimated like Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution.

@  Paladin : (20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM)

only takes three pounds to be a cereal killer.

@  Kalidor : (20 October 2020 - 04:54 PM)

5 pounds is a lot of cereal! /deadpan

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 October 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Seems the area near my work place is due to be gentrified. Electric car ports, fifty pound haircuts and five pound bowls of cereal in breakfast cafes I'll bet.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 11:31 PM)

@ZakuConvoy Lumines Electric Symphony. So still halfway interesting, and it’ll play on the PS TV

@  Demovere Xeno : (19 October 2020 - 10:36 PM)

@Maximus: I paired the Battle Patrol with Ironworks and they look good together, though the Off Road Patrol would probably fit best as vehicles you're likely to find at a construction site.

@  ZakuConvoy : (19 October 2020 - 09:39 PM)

So...was it something like Tearaway or Gravity Rush or was it just a FIFA or a Madden?

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 08:26 PM)

Sounds like they need to clean more often.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 06:51 PM)

From the depths of Walmart's backroom comes...a Playstation Vita game in 2020?

@  Telly : (19 October 2020 - 02:20 PM)

and my bow

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:49 AM)

<GIMLI> And my axe! </GIMLI>

@  Donocropolis : (19 October 2020 - 11:47 AM)

He's got my vote!

@  wonko the sane? : (19 October 2020 - 11:26 AM)

Mayor?

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 October 2020 - 07:38 AM)

Greasepit for the Sports Car Patrol, Airwave for the Airstrike Patrol, Hot House for the Rescue Patrol, Ironworks for ????

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:09 AM)

My local Walmart FINALLY got a restock of Generations during the early September reset and got a big shipment of Earthrise wave 1 (the first I’d seen around here). IF, and that’s a big IF, they restock I’m expecting a bunch of wave 3. Or wave 2. But we’ll be skipping one of those waves.

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Barricade hanging around

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 October 2020 - 04:08 AM)

Brunt barely appeared here at all, wave 3 was pretty much skipped for a big load of wave 4, with Impactor and

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Brunt is shelfwarming around me. One walmart moved the whole lot of them off to a side shelf, but couldn't be added to liquidate them.

@  unluckiness : (18 October 2020 - 09:01 PM)

Ironworks is a plague. No idea if it was overproduced or if nobody wants it but thing's clogging shelves.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 04:23 PM)

My walmart the few times I go in will be lucky to have two or three transformers period.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 October 2020 - 10:29 AM)

I mostly just see walls of Ironworks. And the occassional Siege Hound.

@  Paladin : (18 October 2020 - 08:44 AM)

condolences.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 08:40 AM)

My local Symths is still chock full of Earthrise wave 1.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 08:24 AM)

Yup, generally so much they don't bother with any other waves as the existing stock doesn't sell out.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:56 AM)

All the damn time.

If there's anything there's going to be plenty of stock, it's wave 1.

I'm really not worried about wave 1 of a new line EVER.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 October 2020 - 07:47 AM)

At least you got listings for kingdom. walmart canada won't list them until they're actually in stock and that could very well never happen. I'm gonna get mine from BBTS cause I'm not missing out on the maximals.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

And I don't buy the "they all sold out" explanation. The Kingdom figures are still listed.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:32 AM)

I don't see any of Friday's reveals at Walmart.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There's a difference between "sold out" and "no trace of a listing".

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:23 AM)

There is still a listing for the scalped and sold out Walmart exclusive limited edition version of Gigawatt.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2020 - 07:22 AM)

But there should still be a listing.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 October 2020 - 06:30 AM)

Probably got scalped and sold out in seconds.

Photo

Choices

13 replies to this topic

#1 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26332 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:48 PM

I didn't make this a poll just because there would be a lot of questions and a lot of possible answers. But I am curious. There's a lot of games that give you choices and I'd just kinda like to get an idea of how some of you play these games.

Last of Us
High five Ellie or Leave her hanging
Kill all the doctors and nurse or Kill only the one you have to

Life Is Strange
Save Chloe or Save Arcadia Bay
Save Kate or Kate jumps

Mass Effect
Renegade or Paragon
Destroy or Control or Synthesis
Save Ashley or Save Kaiden
Who's your love interest (no I am not going to even try to list them all)

Skyrim
Stormcloaks or Empire
Who's your mate
Who do you adopt

Undertale
Pacifist or Genocide

Witcher 3
Yennifer or Triss

My own answers in spoilers. Also, feel free to add your own games and/or choices.

Spoiler

PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#2 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43901 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:02 PM

I was a pacifist in undertale. I'm a pathological good guy, so having the option to... not kill... was nice.

I never went either way in skyrim. I didn't join either side because both were crappy options. The stormcloaks were openly racist, and the empire was abedding a foreign power capturing, torturing and killing imperial citizens. I think I married lydia once...
Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#3 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 8327 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 10:18 PM

Life is Strange
Spoiler

Skyrim
I didn't do any of those things.

Mass Effect
Spoiler

#4 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5568 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:27 AM

I've only played Life is Strange, so I can't really tell you I guess.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#5 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26332 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:27 AM

I've only played Life is Strange, so I can't really tell you I guess.

Bae or Bay?
PSN = Caldwin

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#6 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5568 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:39 PM

Spoiler

Only other games with 'choices' like that I can think of that I played are the Infamous games, and Army of Two 40th Day.

Spoiler

#7 tec

tec

I got a railgun.. gimme the candy!

• Supporter
  • 32921 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:18 AM

Of the games you listed I only played Mass Effect

I was a pretty good guy and I saved Ashley don't remember much else its been a long long time since I played it

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

https://www.twitch.tv/tecnic5x5

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#8 Caldwin

Caldwin

Am I pretty?

• Supporter
  • 26332 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:21 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Of the games you listed I only played Mass Effect

The list I gave was only off of the top of my head of games I played. Feel free to list any other games you played and decisions you made. Probably an even better reason why it's a good thing I made this a conversation instead of a poll.

I saved Ashley because of a couple things. I just never cared for Kaiden. He's just...boring. Ashley...well, she has her personality flaws (bigoted being the main one). But she's also all about family (if you've seen her interactions with her sister. It's like most people, she has her strengths and her weaknesses. As much as she can grind on the nerves (particularly at the start of 3), over all I do think she has a good heart. Like Navigator Pressly, sure she started out bigoted and alianphobic, but after her time on the Normandy, she softened up considerably. I just can't hate her.
PSN = Caldwin

#9 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13702 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

you left out Bioshock, wherein you have to decide whether or not to do terrible things to Little Sisters.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#10 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48467 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:24 AM

MASS EFFECT

Paragon

Ashley (Liara was a better biotic choice, sorry Kaden)

Destroy (FINISH. THE. FIGHT.)

Ashley, faithful through all three games. Got to the final scene with Liara in ME3 and thought to myself "I've made a terrible mistake..."

SKYRIM

Thalmor.

Not even being slightly trolly, there. I was Stormcloak right up to the Ulfric Dossier and realized his entire rebellion was a self-preservation move to avoid responsibility for what he believes (That his info led to the capture of the Imperial City, when the Dominion had taken the city by the time he'd broken). The Empire, for anyone who actually reads all four volumes of the "Brief History of the Empire" books in the game, will realize the default state of the Empire is one of perpetual collapse. Why support an edifice that historically has shown it will topple to the slightest breeze? The Aldmeri Dominion is a stable confederation of like-minded governments advancing their own interests and whose more sinister aspects are all from unreliable narrators in-game or apocrypha, out of game not even actual developer commentary. With the choices presented in Skyrim, the Dominion really is the best horse to back.

Never actually married in the game. Not even sure who all the prospects are. There's not a lot of personality in the followers to even consider such a thing.

Adoption kind of the same thing, really. The kids are more flavor then actual people. There though, I'd probably adopt the little girl selling flowers in Windhelm.

Edited by Rust, 30 September 2019 - 08:25 AM.

#11 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5568 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

Well given I haven't played any of Mass Effect anything, comparing Max to Commander Shepard doesn't really tell me much...

Spoiler

Unlike say the game: A Way Out.

Spoiler

Otherwise if it gives any idea to what kind of player I am. In Infamous you basically have the: "Play as the good guy" or "Play as the bad guy"

I always play the games as the good guy and then shelf them. I never play through the game again as a villain. I simply don't want to.

Edited by videomaster21XX, 30 September 2019 - 10:11 AM.

Spoiler

#12 KidTDragon

KidTDragon

Unmotivated Webcomicker

• Supporter
  • 2285 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:38 AM

I've only played Mass Effect out of the games listed.

Commander Rachel Shepard was a paragon who saved Ashley, chose Synthesis, and found her soulmate in Liara.

Almost Comics!
When you're done laughing, visit the store!

#13 Dvandom

Dvandom

Purveyor of Ponies. And Physics.

• Supporter
  • 17417 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:02 PM

Elder Scrolls Online flattens the field a bit in terms of "who are the good guys," although there's something like a millennium between ESO and Skyrim IIRC.  The Aldimeri are basically super-racist Altmer bossing around Bosmer and Khajiit like the British Raj rule.  The Ebonheart Pact are indeed more "bad guy" than the rest, but they're honestly trying to get over their own super-racist Dunmer and the whole "one third of the Pact used to enslave another third, in living memory."  But they still get to be sympathetic when the Daggerfall Covenant commits atrocities against their people.  And a big chunk of the Pact storyline in Daggerfall is how the three nations are practically at each others' throats full time, with any combination of two of them having a long history of bloody wars and betrayal.  The Imperial City is just full of demons at the moment, please move along.

On the one hand, it does let anyone play a good guy or a bad guy in any Pact.  On the other, the moral choices feel a lot less meaningful when they all have to be fairly inconsequential...let a potential ally die early on, and your later fights don't seem to get any harder, it mostly changes the color text (e.g. NPCs will keep ragging on you for not turning a magical WMD over to the Pact government so that they can visit atrocities against another Pact, if you take the moral high ground and destroy the Widget Of Atrocity).

---Dave

DAVE'S WEBPAGES
-- www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW --
NEWS, REVIEWS and SIGHTINGS
-- www.dvandom.com --
ARTWORK and IMAGES

Pssst...if you
can't see my images,
try my deviantArt!

#14 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 48467 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:48 PM

Elder Scrolls Online flattens the field a bit in terms of "who are the good guys,"

The Elder Scrolls franchise in general flattens the field in terms of "who are the good guys". Oblivion was the aberration narrative. Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Skyrim all showcased every single race in Tamriel were awful people. And even then, Oblivion TRIED, it just got buried in the homogenized background.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users