Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

Photo
- - - - -

Emergency, Dekafox! Rawr On!

dekafox ask thread who knows rawr yes that is a dekaranger ref huh max limit on tag length

152 replies to this topic

#101 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

Well the dish scrubbing sponge was derived from the aquatic animal before we started making it artificially.

... Spongebob is a synth sponge furry! *insert galaxy brain here*

#102 Logicron

Logicron

It's Not A Compliment

• Citizen
  • 34920 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:14 PM

*plays a synthwave version of the Spongebob theme*

#103 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51475 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:28 PM

It's kind of like having a barnyard animal comedy but the "chicken" is a bucket of chicken wings with arms and legs, innit.

Edit: Which, I suppose, is the joke, because "sponges live in the sea."

Edited by Copper Bezel, 20 November 2019 - 01:29 PM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#104 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 3583 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:05 AM

I want an anthro natural sponge, just for the glorious lovecraftian nightmarishness of a creature with radial symmetry twisted into a humanoid from. A grotesque amalgam of spongin, calcium carbonate spicules and mammalian flesh, anchored to the ground by a demented interpretation of human limbs, fingers and toes twisted and dug into the ground.

Buuut, I'm unusual, even for a furry.

#105 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14685 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:04 PM

I'm sure it exists somewhere. No, I'm not doing your homework for you.

#106 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 3583 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:32 AM

In a city beneath the sea. I'm sure if curiosity git the better of me, I could ask a cultist or an occult librarian... Probably better for my sanity than checking Furaffinity.

#107 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:25 AM

You could try checking e621/e926, but I don't know if that would be better or worse. The e926 version would at least be safer, one would hope.

#108 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:25 PM

Really liking my new ship in STO.  I like teh design enough actually I've been considering getting something physical, but if I do, I'm not sure which way to go.

I could go to Gameprint, who has several sizes, and it would have the exact name and registry number, but the bussard collectors come out mostly yellow and I'm not sure if there's any way to change that short of repainting it or going hand-painted.

zIqXQjP.jpg

Or I could wait until next year and get the Eaglemoss Gagarin - but the livery would be a bit off, and obviously it would have the Gagarin's registry instead of my ship's.

cSsinVV.jpg

#109 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Thighs should be seductive.

• Supporter
  • 51475 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:23 AM

Either way, that is a very pretty ship. Nice. = D

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#110 Logicron

Logicron

It's Not A Compliment

• Citizen
  • 34920 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 07:00 AM

The Eaglemoss looks a lot more detailed too.

#111 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:59 PM

The 7" and 9" are supposed to show the detail a lot better than the 5", but they'll also be a fair bit more than the Eaglemoss - $60 for 7" and $150 for 9" from what I remember. Apparently the nacelles on the Gameprint ships tend to droop or warp due to heat too from what I was reading, but not always, and the bigger prints are less susceptible to it.

9" Pathfinder:

i2tst8k.jpg

#112 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:17 AM

Well, last night I finally got the plate I needed to mount my new power supply in my old computer case, and was finally able to assemble my new computer.  And of course was reminded why I didn't really want to assemble it myself again(though I had to since I was reusing the graphics card, Blu_Ray drive, and my 1TB SSD from my old system, and didn't want to be out of a computer completely for a day or two to let Best Buy assemble it).

• After adding the plate to the PSU, my good screwdriver disappeared despite having it 5 minutes ago so I spent maybe a good 10-15 minutes looking for it
  • After trying to add it to the case I found it just slightly overlapped the back plate for the removable motherboard tray so I had to swap that
  • The Ryzen did not have any instructions on how to use the extra cables for the heat sink - I had to youtube video to find where they plugged in
  • Once the mobo was added and all the new components were installed, I got the video card form my old machine and after I added it, it would not screw down without some added pressure on the case to make the screws line up enough to be screwed in
  • The screws for my 5.25 -> 2.5 and front USB adapter would not screw straight at all. I had to double-check to make sure I was using the right screws.
  • Then I had to dig through all my screws to find the right ones to mount the blu-ray device
  • Once everything was added back to the case and I started trying to add power cables to the modular PSU, I found with the way the case is designed I couldn't easily get to the PSU side of things to plug them in, so I had to remove the PSU and plug in all the cables needed.  Which also, because of the overlap, required I slide the mobo tray out a bit too
  • I also had to look up the front panel connectors from my case to see which way to plug them in
  • On first startup it actually took a significant time to POST, and on top of that the front fans were going crazy with vibration/noise, so I shut it back down, unpluged the front fans, and booted it back up, where it finally POSTed.
  • Windows then didn't want to install to my m2 SSD drive without unplugging the other two drives first. (Also the CD was apparently from 2017)
  • One positive: While windows was installing, I plugged the front fans back in and they were perfectly fine - best guess was some wires were hitting the fan blades
  • Another note: This was 3 hours after I had started the assembly
  • Once I booted up, I went to go grab the nVidia drivers, and Edge kept hanging.  I had to install Chrome first to get anywhere
  • I also realized I had not copied my profile from the old machine to the hard drive I used to transfer all my stuff, so I had to hook my old machine back up and find a second mouse and KB to use. (I had dual monitor so that wasn't an issue, and the new machine has wireless built in)
  • Once I got the driver copied over and installed from my previous machine, I started trying to get my main games going, since they all have time-sensitive things going in. While ESO worked, Bluestacks(for my dragon mobile game) would not run properly because hardware virtualization was still disabled, and I couldn't reboot to enable it because files were still copying across the network. Star Trek Online started, but needed a one-time-code and apparently the protection system uses a different e-mail from the account itself because I never got the e-mails, so I had to open a ticket with Arc to get that changed. 
  • It was now after 1am, so I had to put it aside and go to bed because work.  Also I had no real supper because I had just had a snack and planned to have move while stuff was installing, and by then it was too late.

This morning I got the Virtualization thing installed, and my old machine is running and accessible via remote desktop until I get fully set up int he new one. I can run STO apparently over RDP so I shouldn't miss out on the holiday event daily stuff while I wait on them. 

I also still need to decide on a name for the new machine, as the old one was Teletraan. Teletraan-X would be more fitting for a laptop, and Teletraan-3 doesn't feel right. Auntie also doesn't work for me. Navi feels more like a fit for a Cortana replacement, so maybe Sentinel.. or Dekabase might work too, if I want to go outside TF. 

Either way, between all of the above and the usual mishmash of screws running away and other minor struggles during the install, the machine spirits were properly invoked with cursing and blood(as I did get a small scratch on one finger that I didn't notice until after everything was done).

#113 Logicron

Logicron

It's Not A Compliment

• Citizen
  • 34920 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:29 AM

Sounds like a real hassle but you managed to pull it off.

#114 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

This new ship bundle that Cryptic is releasing for Star Trek Online makes me glad I'm into STO for the universe itself, not to play Kirk or Picard or one of the other high muckety-muck hero captains. Previously the 9 ship bundles for previous anniversaries was on the order of $120 or so.  The new 10th anniversary bundle however, which has all the versions of all the hero ships(including new updated and improved versions compared to what they've had in-game thus far) is running a big $300, or $200 for the initial sale, and the option of a $450 version that adds a bunch of useless stuff to drive up the price and an "exclusive title."

On the other hand, ships usually sell for $30 each outside of the discount bundles, so by that mark you're essentially buying all 10 ships seperately, and they include all the stuff you can get from all the previous releases which are all typically sold separately in the shop, which if you're being technically correct means that you are getting a discount(and an actual one if you jump on the early bird price). Also, those previous 9-ship bundles were usually 3 variants on three major models, while these are 10 redone models, so there may be more work as well that they need to make back.

On the gripping hand, despite all that, this bundle's pricing is fairly unprecedented in this game, and feels very "mobile game," (not to mention player-milking) which I suppose is fitting given that their current head honcho(PWE brought him in last year to replace the previous guy) has only run mobile games before.

There is also a chance that this bundle could include the original 1701, which has previously only been released in a expensive high-rarity gamblebox, as Cryptic claimed at the time it was the only way they could release the ship. Since then there's people that claimed they would have paid a lot of money to get it it guaranteed out of the regular store, so this could also be Cryptic just saying "Put up or shut up" to those people. And based on the number of "Enterprize" or "Enterpr1se" I've seen with various mis-spellings of the captain names(as STO does at least reserve both the major ship and character names from player use)  I think Cryptic may very well see enough sales to justify it, if it does happen.

As for me, I'll go back to my OC ship captains with the thematically appropriate ships and their own stories and backstories and keep doing what I've been doing, and let the self-insert obsessionists blow the big bucks on pretending to be in the show, rather than doing something more imaginative.

*turns around and spends $300 on mobile game digital dragons instead*

(Side note: one of the anniversary giveaways was 5 of those gambleboxes with the Connie in them, and I actually won a ship selection from it, so I could get that or one of a number of other rare but powerful ships. Like I mentioned though, all of my captains have a specific theme in mind and as I never counted on getting any of those super-expensive gamblebox ships, I never made any plans for an appropriate character for any of them. as such, it's gathering dust in my bank at the moment, and probably will for a while, barring reselling it on the in-game Auction House to fund other purchases.)

#115 Logicron

Logicron

It's Not A Compliment

• Citizen
  • 34920 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 03:45 PM

I know Star Trek Online is a good game but I can't talk about buying ships for it without thinking of the shit-hurricane that's Star Citizen.

#116 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:56 AM

There's free ships you get by leveling, but the highest tier is either cash money, gamblebox, or earned via event grind. You don't need the highest tier per se to actually finish all content on normal, at least. You can also earn cash shop money in game by grinding another currency and trading it to other players for cash shop currency they already bought.  If you're wondering why people would do that, the amount you can get of it is capped daily per character, and it's used in equipment upgrades and for building fleet facilities. (Fleets are the equivalent of guilds, and the facilities are needed to get some of the best equipment for most builds.)

#117 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 10:40 PM

So I made an all-toothcat crew for a science ship build, and I'm really liking what I came up with.

R9QHNp1.jpg

The F.D.V. World Breaker, and with the gravity wells and subspace vortexes it can throw around, it lives up to its name.

FaU5Ys3.png

K'tilla is the captain(and yes, that is a reference to a certain Pretender, though I've considered renaming her). Weakest in concept thus far, but what I've gatehred so far is that she's a young Ferasan noble's daughter who has an interest in odd spatial anomalies, and even more on how to turn them to whatever purposes she wishes.  It's why she was put in charge of the World Breaker to begin with - while officially a science ship, in her hands it's also a powerful weapon.

0pVExM6.png

Zahara is her bodyguard and nominative XO. Very brusque and no-nonsense.  She comes from a clan that has strong martial traditions however, and eschews ranged weaponry for the old "scream-and-leap" using twin daggers carved from the fangs of furiadons, a dinosaur-like species of animal that one of their enemies uses as shock troops.

NImRe4k.pngJuX5rfg.png

The science twins, R'moll and S'Danza respectively.  Brother and sister, they work well together as a team, though each has their own focus of study: R'moll focuses on biology, while S'Danza prefers temporal mechanics. Her expertise in that is how she managed to earn her posting as head of the Science department, while R'moll has basically made the biology labs and sickbay his own personal demense. S'Danza is the more aggressive of the two, however, when push comes to shove.

m3pEn80.png

The Chief Operations officer goes simply by "Ket."  A distant relative of K'tilla's, he's typically quiet or sullen, but brilliant at jury-rigs and improvisation. Originally K'tilla took him on as a favor to another clanmember, but he's managed to more than earn his keep. And while he seems to hold no aspirations of command, small-unit-tactics is a hobby of his that has proven useful more than once when on the ground.

Edited by Dekafox, 02 February 2020 - 11:08 PM.

#118 Logicron

Logicron

It's Not A Compliment

• Citizen
  • 34920 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:52 AM

It's really good that Star Trek Online includes alien races with designs that are more complex than a human with a weird nose.

#119 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:20 AM

The Ferasans were originally supposed to be the Kzinti from TAS, but like with Star Fleet Command, it didn't pass legal so they changed the name and lore a bit.  Them and the Caitians have a reverse Vulcan/Romulan thing going on now, where the Ferasans did the whole genetic engineering thing, and the Caitians were the ones that fled and resettled elsewhere.  It's also reminiscent of the Lyran/Kzinti relationship from Star Fleet Battles, where the two races do not get along. At all.

#120 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1848 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 11:58 AM

Some more headcanon about the ship:

It was originally a Voth ship, but the wreckage was salvaged by a Ferengi after one of the battles in the Solonae Dyson Sphere and resold to the Ferasan Patriarchy. The success of their first new ship design(financed by selling extra hulls to the KDF) got certain parties thinking about rebuilding their own fleet outside of the KDF, now that they're no longer under the provision of the original Federation treaty that had forced their disarmament, and using an existing hull would provide a quick leg up.

Most of the damage was to the rear and engine section, so that received the greatest rebuilding. This involved new warp engine coils mounted on the "wingtips" and a much larger reactor and impulse engine.  The extra power had a dual purpose as well, in that the nominative "deflector" on the nose of the ship was designed to also act as a grav lens to project a distant sphere of intense gravity using the additional reactor power from the oversized engines. The design expands on some research into what the designers called an "Expanding Sphere Generator" that would have generated a shell of intense gravity at some distance from the ship to act as both a defensive and offensive weapon, but the original research was abandoned in the 2200s when the Federation forced their treaty on the Ferasans. It likely has other applications as well, but these have yet to be verified.

The ship itself was originally some sort of scout, with larger facilities than one would expect from a frigate or destroyer-sized hull, so these are being leveraged for weapons development and testing of the new systems. Officially however, it is a scout and research vessel, currently on loan to the KDF. 

The ESG is a nod to the Lyran equipment, which obviously was never fully developed since it doesn't exist in the STO timeline, and the Lyrans themselves don't seem to exist as far as we know as a seperate polity. The new ship hull mentioned is the Slithus escort which is the only Ferasan-native design so far. The World Breaker itself IS a Voth design supposedly; an update to the Palisade class, which was based on the science ship seen in Voyager. Rebuilding from wreckage explains the design differences between the two(as we never see the updated version in actual use by the Voth so far), and in-game it is bought with lobi crystals from Ferengi merchants, so that plays 100% off game mechanics.

The treaty thing actually comes from some of the original Trek Kzinti background, and so far appears to be held out on the STO side as well - there was some sort of big war after Archer's Enterprise era, and the Federation summarily kicked their tailsides back to their own territory, then forced a complete disarmament(I believe the Treaty of Versailles was referenced) and locked them down to a 50 light-year sphere around their home planet. Then, when relations between the Federation and Klingons broke down, they convinced the Klingons to ally with them. This was a win-win for both sides: It gave the Klingons a foothold on the opposite side of Fed space, and freed the Ferasans from the restrictions of the treaty they'd been forced into by putting them under the aegis of the Klingon Empire as a "vassal state" like that of the Gorn Hegemony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users