Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:43 PM)

I don't know about Hasbro's general policy but I know everybody was on lockdown for Frozen II, which included both LEGO and Hasbro. Plus, I'm guessing everybody is holding off PR for NY Toy Fair? Overall, it's best to remember that Toy Fairs are for buyers, not fans.

@  fourteenwings : (23 January 2020 - 11:41 PM)

LEGO has been doing this for ages, including sending cease and desists when outlets get leaked images.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:42 PM)

And then they ended up selling off the brand, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:41 PM)

Last time a toy brand I followed tightened down on toy fair and all the invited guests posted glowing reviews of what they saw, I ended up being disappointed as heck.

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:34 PM)

JediNews UK basically said they got a walkthrough of Lego's showcase...but were legally bound to NOT talk about anything, much less take pics.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 10:24 PM)

I wondered why I had seen basically nothing newsworthy from the event

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 January 2020 - 10:14 PM)

Word is that Hasbro and Lego have their UK Toy Fair stuff on MAJOR lockdown. Full NDAs and everything.

@  ThunderWear : (23 January 2020 - 09:28 PM)

Seeing people say the $0.99 + $20 shipping item is cheaper than the $19.99 + free shipping item and getting tons of likes for it... I just don't know anymore.

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 09:11 PM)

if you havent already, y'all check your walmarts clearance aisle. i found siege six shot for $5. course, it could just be my walmart, but never hurts to look

@  Vexwing : (23 January 2020 - 07:20 PM)

Candlejack is going to need more ro

@  Patch : (23 January 2020 - 06:30 PM)

I thought you had to type out Candlejack's full name bef

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 02:46 PM)

I typed in the wrong tab.

@  Paladin : (23 January 2020 - 02:32 PM)

must've been the works of Candleja

@  Telly : (23 January 2020 - 02:06 PM)

looks like maximus wiped himself out mid-sentence

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 January 2020 - 08:42 AM)

Disregard this.

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

Photo
- - - - -

Emergency, Dekafox! Rawr On!

dekafox ask thread who knows rawr yes that is a dekaranger ref huh max limit on tag length

112 replies to this topic

#1 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:56 PM

aa8dd20815cd424fb9fde1eed7a28d01b81db280

Bit bored, and this seems to be the thing to do around here?  Also gives me an excuse to post art and glory in my own ego like a proper dragon! 

(Also also, picture above is by https://twitter.com/kmdrgg ) 

(Also also also, moose bites can be pretty nasty.)

Edited by Dekafox, 24 September 2019 - 12:31 AM.

#2 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50637 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:24 AM

Piccy brokey but beautiful when I go and look. So sweet. Literally and figuratively obviously.

The first question I wanted to ask until I saw the tags was "is this an ask thread?", but! X ] I think I should probably be asking something about strawberries. Oh hey, what's the deal with dragons, anyway? And do you like pasta? =]

Edited by Copper Bezel, 24 September 2019 - 12:24 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#3 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:38 AM

Hmm, pic works fine in Firefox for me, and I don't think I have it cached or that I'm logged in there. Updated to version from another site just in case(plus said site actually kept the original transparency anyways). If that still doesn't work I can throw it on my personal site instead.

Piccy brokey but beautiful when I go and look. So sweet. Literally and figuratively obviously.

The first question I wanted to ask until I saw the tags was "is this an ask thread?", but! X ] I think I should probably be asking something about strawberries. Oh hey, what's the deal with dragons, anyway? And do you like pasta? =]

Dragons go rawr.  And fly.  And collect things. And are kinda like big scaly cats... unless they're floofy instead. Or feathery. But never deal with them if you're a shadowrunner.

As for pasta, do you mean pasta and meatballs and sauce, or mac'n'cheese'n'tuna(or salmon) with a dash of Worchestershire and Habanero/Chipotle?

#4 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50637 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, I guess it was just my computer that was broken. X ]

You make a very strong case for this dragon thing. X ] It's hard to argue with rawr! One of my Shadowrun groups met a really nice dragon once and got to retire but the other group just got all of its moneys blown up by a more typically awful one, so I think this is good advice!

For pastas, either of those qualifies! I have to second adding a bit of pepper sauce to mac and cheese though, it's a nice touch. Haven't tried the Worcestershire, but I'm not into the tuna thing I guess, which might be required for it to do its best job.

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#5 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Springer's Mom has got it go'n on!

• Supporter
  • 62544 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:43 AM

If you were a Pony, would you be an earth pony to retain dragon-like strength, an Unicorn to remain magical, or a Pegasus so you could still fly? 

#6 Logicron

Logicron

BIG LOO-GICRON

• Citizen
  • 33469 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:19 AM

Hmm, pic works fine in Firefox for me...

This ads more credibility to my theory that furries prefer Firefox as their browser.

Nerds have always missed the point of the things they love in favour of obsessing over minutiae of the setting.

#7 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50637 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:56 AM

To bring it all together, our furry Shadowrun group actually has a (npc) hacker fox named Mozzy.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 24 September 2019 - 05:57 AM.

#8 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:41 AM

For pastas, either of those qualifies! I have to second adding a bit of pepper sauce to mac and cheese though, it's a nice touch. Haven't tried the Worcestershire, but I'm not into the tuna thing I guess, which might be required for it to do its best job.

Yeah, never tried the Worchestershire without the fish and I don't know that it would go as well. I used to like the Kraft ones that came with the pepper pre-mixed, btut hey stopped making those, and something had changed with their regular formula in the meantime, so I go Cracker Barrel now.

If you were a Pony, would you be an earth pony to retain dragon-like strength, an Unicorn to remain magical, or a Pegasus so you could still fly? 

Unicorn - magic is far more useful, and can emulate the other things if needed.

Hmm, pic works fine in Firefox for me...

This ads more credibility to my theory that furries prefer Firefox as their browser.

Chrome is my normal browser right now, but I keep Firefox around for testing things and when I need flash. That will change though if they do break UBlock Origin.

To bring it all together, our furry Shadowrun group actually has a (npc) hacker fox named Mozzy.

I've had this concept for a while for a Shadowrun werefox technomancer.  Technically it's against RAW since you can't have a Magic stat and a Resonance stat, but she'd only have a magic stat due to her metatype, and Resonance is basically just a renamed Magic stat focused on computer magic. The background just seems perfect though, as weres start off as animals in SR and you can just imagine a overly intelligent fox growing up at the edges discovering they can interact with this other world of computers and things, and then discovering they can assume human form and go to see the rest of it.  Also, there's a certain fun irony in deckers not realizing that the "decker" with the fox icon is actually a real fox.

#9 Logicron

Logicron

BIG LOO-GICRON

• Citizen
  • 33469 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:49 AM

I like your werefox idea, animals and other magical beasts who assume human form are more fun than the other way around.

Nerds have always missed the point of the things they love in favour of obsessing over minutiae of the setting.

#10 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39579 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:03 AM

Mayhem's going to be a furry board within a year, isn't it?

Edited by Fnu Aw, 24 September 2019 - 11:03 AM.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#11 Logicron

Logicron

BIG LOO-GICRON

• Citizen
  • 33469 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:04 AM

It already began when you people became obsessed with ponies.

#12 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 3182 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:05 AM

It was always furry, some of us simply prefer to maintain an evil, shadowy presence.

#13 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Forged in fury, tempered in ice

• Supporter
  • 45870 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

Some of us have better razors.

#14 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50637 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

One of these days I'm going to post an image of the bottom of my tub after a shower. You could make another whole squirrel. Not so impressive since they're small, but.

Edited by Copper Bezel, 24 September 2019 - 12:00 PM.

#15 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:13 PM

I like your werefox idea, animals and other magical beasts who assume human form are more fun than the other way around.

One of Shadowrun's twists on standard expectations. There was actually a pair of Shadowrun novels about a weretiger assassin named Striper, called Striper Assassin and Who Hunts the Hunter.

Mayhem's going to be a furry board within a year, isn't it?

A year? I mean *cough*  I'm sure you're imagining things.

It already began when you people became obsessed with ponies.

Ponies are but a gateway

It was always furry, some of us simply prefer to maintain an evil, shadowy presence.

It's like robots in disguise, but with fur.

#16 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off Model.

• Supporter
  • 50637 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:30 PM

I still maintain against all evidence that Transformers are just furries for cars anyway. 

SR does have fairly standard werewolves via the same magic virus that makes zombies and vampires and stuff though, so they've not been quite that clever about it.

It's fun, though. There's an Awakened and entirely non-anthro kitty in our game. I think it's kinda dumb that SR opts to treat that from the magic side as Awakening rather than from the tech side as Uplifting, but uh ... that's most of the magic in Shadowrun really, being redundant and dumb.

#17 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 3182 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:00 PM

anMvg8U.png

Emergency ArtDecoDekafoxArt!

#18 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 39579 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

Some of us have better razors.

I break razors. I haven't found a good one yet.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#19 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baka

• Supporter
  • 14062 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:29 PM

Jewelry grinder?

#20 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1481 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

I always say you can solve any problem with some combination of explosives and duct tape. It may not be ideally solved, but there'll be no problem afterwards.

Also, that vector art piece is neat!  If/when I post it elsewhere, is there anywhere I should link for art credit?

Edited by Dekafox, 24 September 2019 - 08:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users