Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 July 2020 - 03:14 PM)

Convert him to Maple Syrup.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 03:10 PM)

what would Canada do with Yogi?

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

Photo
- - - - -

S9, Ep 26: "The Last Problem"..........................(SPOILERS)

71 replies to this topic

#41 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

Ponies & Freedom Are The Right of ALL Sentient Beings!

• Supporter
  • 5815 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:09 PM

mlp___thank_you_by_dusthiel_ddi3rcz-full

https://www.devianta...k-You-816468803

#42 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3947 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:34 PM

You can easily see how it evolved into the current style too.

If anything FIM from the looks of things was a rapid departure in terms of animation style of the Ponies thou G3.5 pic shows a bit of a shift towards FIM style, but I think the reason why FIM became a major hit is the characters faces they looked somewhat human but also like ponies and the fact they produced such a large setting for the characters to live and interact with, starting with Ponyvile and it steadly got larger as the series went on, Dragonlands, Yakastand, the Changling Hive, about the only place we didn't see much of would be the Chaos realm Discord lives in but then that place is where one's imagination can run free such as rabbits with long legs, Chocolate rain.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#43 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43475 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Did we ever get to see scootaloo fly?

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#44 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3947 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:39 PM

Nope, unless you count falling with style! We do know what the CMC are doing in the future and that is being teachers at Starlight's School of friendship, formerly run by the Alicorn Princess Twliight Sparkle with Sunburt as deputy headmare and the Great and powerful school guidance counselor Trixie! So I think there must of been some birth defect in her genetics thats given her small wings or the magic of flight hasn't come to her, YET unlike another Pony whose name I never learned as he was never that important story wise, big muscluar Pony, bigger than most regluar Ponies, whose destiny is primary to lift weights and teach other ponies how to lift weights after his encounter with the CMC

#45 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:06 PM

No, no flying Scootaloo. Which sucks.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#46 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43475 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:15 PM

I mean, they gave her that scene in the school at the very end: would it have killed them to make her hovering while they did it? Round out the last jagged plot point before walking into the sunset?

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#47 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

I mean, they gave her that scene in the school at the very end: would it have killed them to make her hovering while they did it? Round out the last jagged plot point before walking into the sunset?

That would've been nice, but alas, it appears the people in charge have decided that Scootaloo cannot fly and will never fly. Take note of her design as an adult - her wings are decidedly smaller than they should be.

Which makes no sense given Bulk Biceps, but then again, I suspect the show staff has long since passed the point where they decided they needed to explain things in a satisfactory manner.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#48 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5495 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 19 October 2019 - 12:00 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=vN2gnJVh_d8

Here you go!

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#49 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3947 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:19 PM

That would've been nice, but alas, it appears the people in charge have decided that Scootaloo cannot fly and will never fly. Take note of her design as an adult - her wings are decidedly smaller than they should be.

Which makes no sense given Bulk Biceps, but then again, I suspect the show staff has long since passed the point where they decided they needed to explain things in a satisfactory manner.

From what I read, there was meant to be story at one point in the show that would show what her worth is without wings or at least the abbilty to fly, in fact they did kind of address that one time, where they CMC were trying to get their cutie marks in some kind of openning cermony for Ponyvile at a set of games and Scootaloo was trying to fly largely thanks to Dimmond T teasing, back when DT was more of a schoolyard bully character.

#50 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:37 PM

From what I read, there was meant to be story at one point in the show that would show what her worth is without wings or at least the abbilty to fly, in fact they did kind of address that one time, where they CMC were trying to get their cutie marks in some kind of openning cermony for Ponyvile at a set of games and Scootaloo was trying to fly largely thanks to Dimmond T teasing, back when DT was more of a schoolyard bully character.

Not what I was saying. No one here is saying that Scootaloo is any more or less valuable due to her inability to fly. The big issue that a lot of people have is that no one is explaining why she's unable to fly and why no one is doing anything to address this issue, given that Scootaloo clearly wants to fly. The showrunners have just said 'Scootaloo can't fly' without providing a reason why she can't. Meanwhile, they're more than happy to build a flying machine for Tank, and no one in the show seems willing to point out the contradiction.

Also, I know I'm tilting at windmills, but for goodness' sake, LEARN TO SPELL.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#51 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40597 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:44 AM

Chill, please.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#52 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 06:46 PM

Right, sorry, calming down.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#53 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

• Supporter
  • 5815 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:54 PM

make_some_friends_by_avrameow_ddipqls-pr

https://www.devianta...iends-817494256

#54 Guardian Prime

Guardian Prime

• Supporter
  • 5815 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:13 PM

friendship_never_ends____appledash_by_da

https://www.devianta...eDash-817444353

#55 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3947 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:20 PM

I had to do a double check on that one.

Both pictures are great, AKA very nice, AKA beautiful, AKA well drawn. Simply put, they are magical, thou I think with the second one of Rainbow and Applejack, I swear they could almost come to life.

#56 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22982 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:36 PM

I figure Scootaloo's lack of flight is more than explained imo. Her wings are underdeveloped. While more explicit disability rep would be nice(Remember that Pony with the quadraped wheelchair?), it's pretty self evident.

Bulk Biceps is a joke character, I wouldn't worry about him. He flies through pure Swole

Like my art? I do commissions!! -> https://www.allspark...

#57 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

• Citizen
  • 10805 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:30 PM

I figure Scootaloo's lack of flight is more than explained imo. Her wings are underdeveloped. While more explicit disability rep would be nice(Remember that Pony with the quadraped wheelchair?), it's pretty self evident.

Bulk Biceps is a joke character, I wouldn't worry about him. He flies through pure Swole

Representing ponies with disabilities isn't the issue, though. The fact remains that they built something that allows Tank to fly, but never did anything similar for Scootaloo.

Nothing wrong with having a disability, but if the means exist to overcome said disability, or at least minimize it, then why shouldn't someone go for it?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...

#58 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22982 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:42 AM

Eh, representing folks with disabilities is the only relevant reason for them to cover it, honestly. There are plenty of reasons someone may not take assistive technology, and it varies with circumstance and the disability. But that'd be something to explore for an episode, and it'd be an pretty nuanced topic for MLP:FiM to cover. They have done it before, and well, like with the episode about Rainbow Dash having a learning disability, but they also tend to shy away from certain topics for the target demographic.

#59 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*Vader breathing*

• Staff
  • 40597 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:25 AM

Rainbow Dash has money and can afford a flying gizmo for Tank.

Scootaloo has no money and lives with whoever's not busy.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#60 Cabooceratops

Cabooceratops

Former Staff~

• Citizen
  • 22982 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

I am not comfortable with the implication that the Equestrian Healthcare System is as awful as America's x ]

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users