Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
- - - - -

I'm tired of Starscream being portrayed as traitorous for the sake of being traitorous

55 replies to this topic

#41 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:22 PM

To be honest, I'm okay with Starscream being a treacherous bastard, even if I love his Armada incarnation.  What I really want is for more continuities to do to Thundercracker what All Hail Megatron did with him, actually use his original toyline bio to its logical conclusion.

Decepticons, FOREVER!

"Taste the cruel bite of my ruthless weaponry."

#42 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67464 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

I want any series to use any Seeker other than Starscream. Which I gave credit to Cyberverse for doing that a little bit. Still way too much Starscream though.

ACItEK8.png

#43 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33643 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:44 AM

Acid-Storm, the series.
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#44 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4585 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:06 AM

Treacherous for the sake of being treacherous?

Treachery for the sake of POWER. Power is important.

#45 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7817 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 24 April 2020 - 07:41 AM

I like a good (as in how he is written, not good as in Autobot) Starscream that is 100% devoted to the Decepticon cause, and when it comes to destroying the Autobots he will work 100% in sync with his teammates. But as soon as he sees an opportune time to upsert Megatron, then he takes it.  

Armada was a good take on him. Still my favorite series even with all of its errors. 

Its when he wants nothing BUT taking over the Decepticons that I get bored with.  I like Shockwave's style more of lying low, planting seeds, and waiting for the right, calculated time. 

I would like to see other Seekers developed more.  Thundercracker had good development in IDW with his movie writing and Buster.  Skywarp was just used to teleport, we never really know much about him. Slipstream has been getting some nice screen time lately (I havent seen all of Cyberverse to know how much). But getting into a Sunstorm, Actid Storm, Hotlink, some of the others would be cool.  

Edited by Darth_Prime, 24 April 2020 - 07:44 AM.

#46 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2360 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 24 April 2020 - 08:15 AM

Acid-Storm, the series.

It has already been made, the true story of a small time chemical weapons developer just making his way in the world...:

48389779817_cf02957e30_o.jpg

But then the Geneva Convention banned his livelihood, and he went from job to job till he suddenly found himself in a successful music career!

49149042716_ee7bb2e6f0_o.jpg

But Starscream betrayed them all and the band broke up.  He retired to set up a brewery with Kup, using his old rep to promote his wares.  Sadly, he didn't really want his name even appearing on the bottle, preferring to let the effects speak for themselves.  What a life.

49009110966_d5e8be8eb9_o.jpg

#47 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 2360 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 24 April 2020 - 02:27 PM

"So like, one time Randy Beeman saw Starscream's ghost chasing Pac-man and Pac-man ate a power pellet and he turned around and chased Starscream's ghost but it turned out that Starscream had planted that power pellet in advance and had betrayed himself.  Ok, Bye..."

I OD'd on Animaniacs as a kid...

28265928047_479b3637c0_o.jpg

#48 Bass X0

Bass X0
  • Citizen
  • 44242 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 April 2020 - 03:37 PM

Isn't Autobot Starscream Thundercracker?

There is nothing wrong with Starscream being treacherous if his reasoning is fleshed wanting to be and he has plans rather than being Megatron with high heels and wings, oh and a crown, because movie.

Thundercracker's complete and utter contempt to any being who is unable to fly tends to get overlooked by writers and fans. He's likely to be on friendly terms with Jetfire and the Aerialbots but should act like a regular evil Decepticon towards humans and the autobot cars. 

Edited by Bass X0, 24 April 2020 - 03:42 PM.

Just because you can't win doesn't mean you stop working.

#49 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33643 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:18 PM

Thundercracker's complete and utter contempt to any being who is unable to fly tends to get overlooked by writers and fans. 

MARVEL COMICS:

Thundercracker: "So, you can't fly, eh Megatron? What a loser!"

Megatron: *blasts Thundercracker into slag*

What a great great character arc!

"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#50 Thundercracker Prime

Thundercracker Prime

Here in Defiance of All

• Citizen
  • 130 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:25 PM

Isn't Autobot Starscream Thundercracker?

There is nothing wrong with Starscream being treacherous if his reasoning is fleshed wanting to be and he has plans rather than being Megatron with high heels and wings, oh and a crown, because movie.

Thundercracker's complete and utter contempt to any being who is unable to fly tends to get overlooked by writers and fans. He's likely to be on friendly terms with Jetfire and the Aerialbots but should act like a regular evil Decepticon towards humans and the autobot cars. 

He thinks it's wrong to involve humans in the war because of how primitive they seem.

Edited by Thundercracker Prime, 24 April 2020 - 09:25 PM.

Decepticons, FOREVER!

"Taste the cruel bite of my ruthless weaponry."

#51 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8813 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 24 April 2020 - 11:59 PM

Thundercracker's complete and utter contempt to any being who is unable to fly tends to get overlooked by writers and fans. 

MARVEL COMICS:

Thundercracker: "So, you can't fly, eh Megatron? What a loser!"

Megatron: *blasts Thundercracker into slag*

What a great great character arc!

Who wasn't calling Megatron a loser in the Marvel comics, though.

#52 Jet

Jet

Runaway Raccoon

• Citizen
  • 24983 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Personally if I made a TF cartoon, he'd be the Decepticons' Zuko - a younger, idealistic Decepticon who thinks he's on the good side and never does anything truly reprehensible. Highlight him as being less evil than the other 'Cons, like keeping his promises to the Autobots and sparing or even outright protecting non-combatants (human or Autobot). Make him someone who really does think the Decepticon cause is honorable, since he's been brought up since he was protoformed to believe that, and he hasn't seen the true nature of the Decepticon cause. And over the course of the series, he realizes he's on the wrong side, culminating in him backstabbing Megatron so he can't use a superweapon to destroy an Earth city. He then becomes an unofficial Autobot.

As a sidenote, I'd set Starscream up as Optimus' rival at first, since they'd both be young, untested squadron commanders rather than faction leaders.

D&D has to report to shareholders. Pathfinder only has to impress its neckbeards.

#53 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30605 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 09:11 PM

Personally if I made a TF cartoon, he'd be the Decepticons' Zuko - a younger, idealistic Decepticon who thinks he's on the good side and never does anything truly reprehensible. Highlight him as being less evil than the other 'Cons, like keeping his promises to the Autobots and sparing or even outright protecting non-combatants (human or Autobot). Make him someone who really does think the Decepticon cause is honorable, since he's been brought up since he was protoformed to believe that, and he hasn't seen the true nature of the Decepticon cause. And over the course of the series, he realizes he's on the wrong side, culminating in him backstabbing Megatron so he can't use a superweapon to destroy an Earth city. He then becomes an unofficial Autobot.

So, sorta-kinda-ish Armada Starscream. ;)

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#54 Darth_Prime

Darth_Prime
  • Citizen
  • 7817 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 04 May 2020 - 05:08 AM

Armada Starcreams motives were still to replace Megatron though and carry on the Deceticon cause. His reasons for leaving were not because he didnt belive in the cause, it was more of a the enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda scenario. While he made some connections with the autobots, he was still a con through and through.  He was just more willing to listen to reason when it came to the differences between the sides and realized it was time to lay down arms against each other and unite to fight Unicron in the end.  A very redeeming arc. 

#55 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30605 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 08:55 AM

My impression was that the bits of him wanting to replace Megatron were dub inventions and that what he really wanted but rarely ever got was simply Megatron's respect.

Granted, I still need to watch the Japanese version to confirm this, but the last time I watched the dub, any time he mentioned wanting to overthrow Megatron never seemed to jibe with what was shown onscreen and felt more like the dub writing staff trying to add in some G1-esque elements to his otherwise very different persona.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#56 Roddie Luver

Roddie Luver
  • Citizen
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:08 PM

There is always Transformers Armada.
You will never take me alive!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users