Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 June 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Ha! Talk about getting away with something!

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 June 2020 - 09:08 AM)

Carnivac was still an evil Decepticon at heart, and no one shot him in the back for it.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

Photo
- - - - -

Mike Stackpole makes his triumphant return to the Battletech universe

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2001 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:19 AM

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-5

After he "quit" 30 years ago.  That franchise is coming back firing both barrels

"Expect me when I arrive" - G'kar
Ryougabot

#2 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11893 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:49 AM

On the one hand...

HELLS YES

Stackpole was bar none the BEST BT author of the pack. When Loren Coleman took over, things took a severe down turn for me so Stackpole writing again is a huge win.

On the other:

Stackpole did a couple novels for the Dark Age era ('Ghost War' in 02 and 'Masters of War' in 07) so he didn't exactly fully leave the franchise after 'Prince of Havok'. Also this is a collection of 3 short stories on the Kell Hounds - not the start of a huge story like the 4th Succession War (Warrior Trilogy), the Clan Invasion (Blood of Kerensky), the Refusal War or Twillight of the Clans
From the Page of Cage!

#3 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2001 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:21 PM

On the one hand...

HELLS YES

Stackpole was bar none the BEST BT author of the pack. When Loren Coleman took over, things took a severe down turn for me so Stackpole writing again is a huge win.

On the other:

Stackpole did a couple novels for the Dark Age era ('Ghost War' in 02 and 'Masters of War' in 07) so he didn't exactly fully leave the franchise after 'Prince of Havok'. Also this is a collection of 3 short stories on the Kell Hounds - not the start of a huge story like the 4th Succession War (Warrior Trilogy), the Clan Invasion (Blood of Kerensky), the Refusal War or Twillight of the Clans

When I met with him, before the news broke that he was leaving the franchise (but he knew), I asked him how that whole process worked.  He said that all of the authors (Weisman, Babcock, Coleman, Kieth, Thurston, Pardoe, Milan, and a few others) met over a week and laid out the major events in universe for that year.  Once the major events were set in stone, each author volunteered to take sections of the story and tell that section.  Stackpole always handled politics, Fedcom, Wolves, Kell Hounds, and Comstar.  Coleman always took Laio. Thurston took Jade Faclons. Keith took Grey Death.  Charette took Kurita.  Other authors filled needed holes.  There was an agreement that the other authors would not touch certain characters that other authors were developing, and you could not kill another author's character.  They then gave their outline to FASA, and source book authors would work with primary authors to make scenarios and literature.  That must have been an awesome (pun intended) meeting.

Attached Thumbnails

• z5kbkhdq99h31.png

Edited by Ryougabot, 22 August 2019 - 01:29 PM.

Ryougabot

#4 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1771 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:33 PM

That image needs a Drac Combine logo somewhere on it to complete it.

Also are there other new books?  I noticed some titles coming up on Amazon's "Related Items" that I didn't remember

#5 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11893 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:01 PM

Coleman always took Laio.

Coleman's hard on obsession with Liao was obvious. EVERY Coleman novel had the same structure. Main plot for a few chapters, then a chapter in Sun Tsu Liao's throneroom which ALWAYS was: Sun Tsu meets with his top aides to discuss current affairs. Intricate description of Sun Tsu's attire, focusing on one different article of clothing which featured gold, making sure to drop a line how gold was a color reserved for him. Sun Tsu chewing out one aide (always a different one each time) over a failure of their plan (regarding that novel's main plot), but how he is magnanimous in "forgiving" said failure and implying future failures will not be tolerated. Purple prose on how he is a master statesman that everyone underestimate, he gives his instructions, chapter ends. Then more plot chapters, followed by another such chapter in the throneroom *that followed the exact same structure*.

That pattern changed when he got the "main" storyline, but compared to Stackpole... yeah it didn't measure up.

Plus he killed Omi. You know, one of Stackpole's characters.

Edited by Devcon, 22 August 2019 - 06:02 PM.

From the Page of Cage!

#6 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13244 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

so when are they bringing back the cartoon?

https://www.youtube....h?v=A-_-8D8R4CU

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#7 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2001 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

That image needs a Drac Combine logo somewhere on it to complete it.

Also are there other new books?  I noticed some titles coming up on Amazon's "Related Items" that I didn't remember

See attached

Coleman always took Laio.

Coleman's hard on obsession with Liao was obvious. EVERY Coleman novel had the same structure. Main plot for a few chapters, then a chapter in Sun Tsu Liao's throneroom which ALWAYS was: Sun Tsu meets with his top aides to discuss current affairs. Intricate description of Sun Tsu's attire, focusing on one different article of clothing which featured gold, making sure to drop a line how gold was a color reserved for him. Sun Tsu chewing out one aide (always a different one each time) over a failure of their plan (regarding that novel's main plot), but how he is magnanimous in "forgiving" said failure and implying future failures will not be tolerated. Purple prose on how he is a master statesman that everyone underestimate, he gives his instructions, chapter ends. Then more plot chapters, followed by another such chapter in the throneroom *that followed the exact same structure*.

That pattern changed when he got the "main" storyline, but compared to Stackpole... yeah it didn't measure up.

Plus he killed Omi. You know, one of Stackpole's characters.

They talked.  That might have happened after he quit

Attached Thumbnails

• post-2011-0-05449300-1566498570 copy.jpg

Ryougabot

#8 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2001 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

so when are they bringing back the cartoon?

https://www.youtube....h?v=A-_-8D8R4CU

When they figure out who owns it...I hope they don't resort to rebooting it in the style of She-ra

Ryougabot

#9 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11893 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

Oh I know. And the setup for it was in the final "classic era" novel Stackpole wrote. Still doesn't change the fact that it was Coleman that "pulled the trigger". And all the "wash-rince-repeat" style writing Coleman had re: structure was well before he left.

In short: Stackpole MUCH superior to Coleman.
From the Page of Cage!

#10 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2001 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:39 AM

Oh I know. And the setup for it was in the final "classic era" novel Stackpole wrote. Still doesn't change the fact that it was Coleman that "pulled the trigger". And all the "wash-rince-repeat" style writing Coleman had re: structure was well before he left.

In short: Stackpole MUCH superior to Coleman.

I have always thought of Coleman as the Rakshasa to Stackpole's Timber Wolf.

Ryougabot

#11 tec

tec

Jumblebee

• Supporter
  • 32416 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

Was he the writer for a chunk of the good X-Wing books I always liked them

I tried with the Battletech stuff but the clans and stuff sapped my enjoyment of them and made them kinda clunky

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#12 Dekafox

Dekafox

Foxy Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1771 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, he wrote the X-Wing Rogue Squadron books for Star Wars.

#13 Ryougabot

Ryougabot
  • Citizen
  • 2001 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:52 AM

These just showed up as a surprise, I definitely married the right one

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190825_181813sm.jpg

Ryougabot

Reply to this topic