Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (19 April 2021 - 10:32 AM)

Aaannndddd no earthworm jim in canada. Thanks outdated broadcast standards.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 April 2021 - 04:30 AM)

Truly the crossover I never knew I needed in my life.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 April 2021 - 08:39 PM)

Dude! Tubi Tv has the Earthworm Jim cartoon! And Chuck Norris and Denver!

@  Donocropolis : (18 April 2021 - 05:51 PM)

Bianary Breakdown

@  Sabrblade : (18 April 2021 - 04:55 PM)

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 April 2021 - 02:10 PM)

@  Telly : (18 April 2021 - 02:00 PM)

@  tigerhawk : (17 April 2021 - 03:52 PM)

0118999881999119725 3

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 06:55 AM)

No, he's just old.

@  wonko the sane? : (17 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

I think he might have had a stroke...

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 April 2021 - 04:55 AM)

Phrasing!

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:05 PM)

NEED

@  LioConvoy : (16 April 2021 - 11:04 PM)

BEAST GENERAL

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 07:04 PM)

I dunno if to call them the worst salesperson ever or the best.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (16 April 2021 - 01:33 PM)

They must not have really wanted to sell you anything.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:19 AM)

This just happened to be the first time one ever gave up and walked away immediately after ringing the bell. Like, no patience at all or something.

@  Sabrblade : (16 April 2021 - 09:17 AM)

Covid didn't stop salespeople from coming to my neighborhood. They are still a consistent annoyance.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 April 2021 - 08:16 AM)

Random like "Why does god allow terrible things?" or random like "You can see them too?!?"?

@  Echowarrior : (16 April 2021 - 07:36 AM)

And yet, I still have to deal with random idiots on the street asking me random questions.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 April 2021 - 04:04 PM)

door to door salesmen (or those offering religion) certainly are one of the things lost to COVID that I've missed the least

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:07 AM)

They rang the bell and were walking away before I even got to the door mere seconds later.

@  Sabrblade : (15 April 2021 - 10:06 AM)

I just got ding-dong-ditched by a salesperson.

@  tigerhawk : (14 April 2021 - 01:20 AM)

Sure he's a peeping tom but every single Scottish person does it!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 April 2021 - 08:09 PM)

Groundskeeper Wheelie say you're going to taste my rake today!

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 April 2021 - 06:57 PM)

"If elected mayor, me first act will be ta KILL THA WHOLE LOT 'A YA, AND.......I know it's on!"

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 April 2021 - 01:57 PM)

Campaign slogan? "Its Willie time!"

@  tigerhawk : (13 April 2021 - 10:15 AM)

I'd vote for Groundskeeper Wullie.

@  Donocropolis : (13 April 2021 - 07:25 AM)

A comic, yes, but we need a figure!

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 April 2021 - 06:27 AM)

No.. It's Tiberious Maximus... And there is a comic with such already. :D

@  Donocropolis : (12 April 2021 - 11:15 AM)

Yes. Color it like the Energon version of Unicron. Also, give us Fortress Tiberious.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 April 2021 - 09:49 AM)

Great. Now I want a borg cube unicron...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (12 April 2021 - 09:00 AM)

We still need Transformers x Star Trek toy.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 April 2021 - 05:39 AM)

I saw most of them at retail at TRU, but that's not an option in the US anymore.

@  tigerhawk : (12 April 2021 - 04:21 AM)

Dibs on naming the Ark robot Arkonus.

@  Kalidor : (11 April 2021 - 09:48 PM)

The only Titan figure I ever saw at retail was Trypticon at Ollie's

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 April 2021 - 09:12 PM)

Robosen Prime has market crossover with not just the toy collectors, but robotics enthusiasts quite willing to pay that price for a product like this.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 April 2021 - 08:33 PM)

One of my two local TRUs will stock exactly ONE titan at a time. It usually ends up "clearanced" for about 20 bucks off cause no one is willing to pay for at full price OR discounted.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:56 PM)

Most stores don't seem to want to stock Commanders or Titans, never mind Unicron.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 April 2021 - 07:55 PM)

I wonder if Unicron going to crowdfuning wasn't just a price issue but also stores not wanting to stock and transport something so huge.

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 April 2021 - 07:47 PM)

It is, although this thing could also be considered a STEM educational tool

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 07:33 PM)

Doesn't change the fact that, for most people, $700 is a pretty hefty investment for a toy.

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 April 2021 - 07:17 PM)

I dunno, $700 doesn't seem that bad for what it does. Some of those Masterpiece figures seem to go for at least half that price, and they don't have any actual robots or even electronics.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 April 2021 - 05:35 PM)

Not to mention wallet-shattering.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (11 April 2021 - 04:30 PM)

It's a jargon-shattering figure.

@  Kalidor : (10 April 2021 - 08:50 PM)

The licensed Optimus Prime that transforms itself is the appropriate usage of the term "Third Party"

@  Donocropolis : (10 April 2021 - 08:24 AM)

That Optimus isn't built by Hasbro, only licensed. The company that makes it has been making similar robots for years, so no crowdfundng required.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 08:05 AM)

Apparently they're selling one for 74 and a half thousand dollars.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 April 2021 - 08:01 AM)

We could write boston dynamics and ask?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 07:59 AM)

Granted, I'm not sure how much robots with elaborate movement tend to go for.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 April 2021 - 07:56 AM)

I think with actual robotics it was easier to justify selling it at a high cost, compared to an unusually large action figure.

Photo
- - - - -

Why were Bayformers not used that much in TransTech fiction?

30 replies to this topic

#1 tffan01

tffan01
  • Citizen
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

IDK if this is a silly thread but I like the Bayverse and I like multiversal stories, so I'm just wondering. The only times Bayverse TFs appeared were as cameos or off-screen mentions in Ask Vector Prime, why didn't they appear that much? Only Megatron had a prominent role but even then, he apparently came from a G1/Bayverse mix universe. Is it licensing issues? If so, how did Bumblebee appear in Ask Vector Prime?

#2 HellCat

HellCat
  • Citizen
  • 29756 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

Ask Vector Prime To Explain A Timeline That Can't Even Keep Continuity With Its Promotional Tie Ins, Never Mind Between Movies.

#3 unluckiness

unluckiness

We must kung-fu fight!

• Citizen
  • 21133 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:00 AM

Because the studios own the designs and it would cost money to use them.

XgxCpmP.png

#4 Unit Eleven

Unit Eleven

y'all'dn't've

• Citizen
  • 1141 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

Cautiousness on Funpub's part in regards to Paramount, probably.

On rare occasions, I have something to say.

#5 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42582 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:47 AM

Hasbro asked that Fun Pub not affect other current media in too many ways. At one point going so far as to "wall off" things like the Movies/Transformers Prime/IDW comics and say that they weren't a part of the multiverse at all so we couldn't even reference them.

Things changed with different brand teams and as media became less "current". So we could access some more of those universes later, though their competing "rules" to things like Unicron, the Primes, and other multiversal stuff made it still more desirable to use adjacent universes that copied qualities of the movies or Prime universes.

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32288 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:10 PM

Hasbro asked that Fun Pub not affect other current media in too many ways. At one point going so far as to "wall off" things like the Movies/Transformers Prime/IDW comics and say that they weren't a part of the multiverse at all so we couldn't even reference them.

Things changed with different brand teams and as media became less "current". So we could access some more of those universes later, though their competing "rules" to things like Unicron, the Primes, and other multiversal stuff made it still more desirable to use adjacent universes that copied qualities of the movies or Prime universes.

"Things changed" around 2014, correct? When did Hasbro first initiate the blockade on then-current media? Was it near the beginning when Fun Pub first got the BotCon license, or did it develop over the years?

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 NightViper

NightViper

Ehhhhh...

• Retired Staff
  • 42582 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

At the beginning of the Club, things moved just after current media. The Unicron Trilogy and Universe stuff being cases in point.

The 2007 movie was sort of a joint decision, Hasbro doubled down when the 7 Primes were introduced in Revenge of the Fallen. But the strongest wall was when Prime came out. They made sure we couldn't touch that*.

*Which is odd because originally the directive was going to be that Prime was going to be the ONLY Universe we could be in. With each year exploring a new planet and new group of survivors from Cybertron. But... easy to see how that would get tricky to coordinate pretty fast. Have a character in the show name drop the wrong obscure character name in the wrong spot and... whoops. Lol.

#8 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19314 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:57 PM

Man. That sounds great.

#9 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:58 PM

Huh. I remember that "not part of the multiverse" thing, which struck me as kind of nonsensical but in line with the corporate intent that Aligned take precedence over everything else (except maybe the Bayverse?). It hadn't occurred to me that it was a way of walling off the Alignedverse from the Club fiction specifically, while allowing that fiction to continue in its own right. It now strikes me as Hasbro trying to split the difference between asserting canonicity Lucas-style and not pissing off fans of all the stuff that would've been made apocryphal if they'd taken a harder line.

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#10 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

X-Wing: Mercy Kill

• Retired Staff
  • 10175 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

Amusingly, AVP gave a pre-emptive non-answer about The Last Knight answering unresolved questions from Age of Extinction.

And even that level of non-answer proved to be aiming hopes too high.

There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.

-the Jedi Code

#11 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12550 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:56 PM

Huh. I remember that "not part of the multiverse" thing, which struck me as kind of nonsensical but in line with the corporate intent that Aligned take precedence over everything else (except maybe the Bayverse?). It hadn't occurred to me that it was a way of walling off the Alignedverse from the Club fiction specifically, while allowing that fiction to continue in its own right. It now strikes me as Hasbro trying to split the difference between asserting canonicity Lucas-style and not pissing off fans of all the stuff that would've been made apocryphal if they'd taken a harder line.

It was more than just gating out FP, I'm certain. Remember, this was also when they were rethinking the mythology and the whole "first Primes" blardeeblar but previous Hasbro-mandated stuff had the concept where the 13 were already established as other dudes who were always the same in every reality and yar yar.

The whole "not part of the multiverse" thing always struck me as Hasbro simultaneously overthinking and underthinking it, and a bad call in general.

Just say "yeah it's part of the multiverse, but it's doesn't follow all the rules of the previously-observed universes. Yeah, those laws were universal for THOSE universes. But not this one. Because of quantum or something. The mulitverse is weird like that. Also we asked FP to leave it alone for now so we can utterly fail to minimize continuity snaggles with everyone else we license TF out to despite our stated goal of a unified singular timeline which was honestly kinda overambitious to begin with."

M "I Mean They Probably Wouldn't Have Said That 'Utterly Fail' Part Out Loud, But It'd Be Implied" Sipher

The ISLE OF RANGOON - Advantures in Learning and Sarcasm!
Holy crap Sipher has a Tumblr apparently!
http://www.tfwiki.net - We left Wikia before it was cool to do so!

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#12 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9270 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

A bad call was whoever decided "Multiverse singularity" in general.

#13 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32288 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

A bad call was whoever decided "Multiverse singularity" in general.

Forest Lee?

Though, it was Furman who, years earlier, decided to make Unicron be the same guy in every universe (except for that one instance in 1990 where he didn't).

Edited by Sabrblade, 17 August 2019 - 07:12 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#14 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12550 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:26 PM

I have never had a problem with the concept of "all Unicrons are the same Unicron that just manifests differently depending on the universe".

M "Some Things Get To Play By Some Different Rules, And I Think 'Reality-Destroying Eldritch Thing' Gets To Be One Of Them" Sipher

"I don't know whether it's a new thing, but it's certainly a current thing, in that it doesn't seem to matter what facts are. It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts."
- Stephen Colbert

#15 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 19314 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

That would be awesome except for where it was explicitly "Unicron travels in a straight line through every continuity linearly and has therefore failed at the exact same plan millions of times in a row".

#16 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

We know he's succeeded at least twice. Maybe the average isn't so bad for him. And he can be patient.

#17 M Sipher

M Sipher

All hail Newmie.

• Citizen
  • 12550 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

I mean THAT part is dumb, the singular-linear-bleh. It's a classic "Thinking Too Damn Hard About Tiny Details" when dealing with stuff that should be -at best- flavor text.

(And Uni's succeeded more'n twice. And yeah, he can play the very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, long game.)

M "The Whys And Hows Are Less Important than The Whats, Leave Yourself Plenty Of Wiggle Room With Your Universal Arglebargle" Sipher

Edited by M Sipher, 17 August 2019 - 08:42 PM.

- Stephen Colbert

#18 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 8242 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:02 AM

I can think of at least two universes that end with Unicron eating them, and I'm not aware of any universes that definitively won't be eaten. Maybe he never fails!

#19 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9270 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:46 AM

Now it just makes me giggle because you look at something like the G1 cartoon, you have him destroyed to just a deactivated head over Cybertron and this means that rather than vacate to a new universe, instead he said "No wait I still have a chance with this one".

#20 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27977 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:56 AM

I mean, "Ghost in the Machine."

Yes I know it's broken. It's an HTTPS thing and I haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users