Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

The ongoing destruction of Vic Mignogna's career.

269 replies to this topic

#41 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20732 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:32 PM

Ironbite-it's basically declaring him a piece of shit and there's nothing he can sue for.

This statement is defamatory and false
because Mr. Mignogna is not a piece of shit (that is another name for feces, thus it
is impossible for him to be a "piece of shit")

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#42 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18879 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:41 PM

Ironbite-it's basically declaring him a piece of shit and there's nothing he can sue for.

because Mr. Mignogna is not a piece of shit (that is another name for feces, thus it

Ohhhhhhh... this is THAT story, is it?

Honestly, if that was the best my defense could come up with, I'd strongly consider just telling them to lock me up right there.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#43 Detour

Detour

Too lazy to change the avatar but Graham Linehan is a sack of sh

• Supporter
  • 20732 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

Honestly, if that was the best my defense could come up with, I'd strongly consider just telling them to lock me up right there.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

That's not the defense. :D

Vic Mangina is the plaintiff. This is an attempt at a civil suit for defamation.

This is from the letter Vic's attorney sent Ron Toye, Monica Rial's fiancé.

https://drive.google...DyMICcjjONsnrWG

It's becoming quite notorious in the lawyer side of the world.

You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

I'm reading that with Roy's voice. Heck, I read everything you post in a laconic Irish accent.

#44 Skids

Skids

Get your quest on.

• Supporter
  • 2067 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

This has been the most interesting of train wrecks. I been keeping tabs on this since it involves some of my favorite voice actresses and Convention gone to in the past.  So its like EEK.

On why it didn't come to light.  The main factor is this guys popularity level.  He was over with fans.  Ever since he did his Full Metal Alchemist role.  He was voice actor equivalent to the Beatles in music popularity.  If you were attend a con to try to get an autograph.  Good luck since the lines were always huge and non stop.  Plus with the conventions and for general public. He did stuff that portrayed himself in very good PR light Besides the basic general voice actor panels. He had religious, christian theme panels. I never attended them but remember seeing Christian Volleyball with Vic one year and a mass panel.  Which seem really odd for Convention to do.  But in way in present hey he is willing to help out some of our religious fans on their sacred day of the week. So cons beside money he was good PR person in a way.

Now eventually I did hear about his womanizing through out the years.  More so in comedic panels which were run by former staff members of various conventions. Granted these weren't great detail stories just jokes and if your not paying attention you would miss it.  So people knew and got the impression about him but their was no evidence for attendees to really do anything about this unless they were directly involved.  With the attendees accusing him part.  From what I seen posted.  Its more subtle and you have to pay attention or you can miss it.  From pictures it like he's doing at the gray point.  Where its like they may not realize at the time or its enough of oh its rush accidental slip since has to handle so many fans. Plus you have the fans in fan mode and not thinking clearly or if they are.  Caught off guard.  Its just more mess instead of clear creeping.  Which factor into why its taken so long to come out. 

With the sexual pursuit stuff and convention staff allowing it.  While its easy to say we want money lets cover this up.  Theirs more factors to it.  He's the guest, if he is acting in the wrong.  The correct staff has to be made aware of it. With how convention itself has that set up.  If guest is harassing you at the convention.  You have to let the convention staff and the proper authorities know.  Especially at the time of the convention where they can do stuff.  So its as when the con is active.  Plus if any of this was happening at hotel, bar, or restaurant. As long as the voice actor is not represent the convention. I think legally it fall under the staff and owners of those business. That Plus anime conventions do have a lot of adult scene going on.  Beside hentai, 21+ panels, Burlesque, and erotic cosplay.  Their is sub culture trying to hook.  So I can easily see him cover his track.  Saying some groupies are trying to hook up with him. With those possibilities while not right.  I can see making the convention at least for a few years be confuse on the situation.

This just a nightmare and train wreck thats just get worst and worst.

#45 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20320 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:45 AM

Oh boy you're both siding here.

Ironbite-come on man, be better then this.

Yes, I am saying both sides of this are shit here.

If every single thing that the defendants say about Vic was true, they were fully aware of his predatory behavior yet took part in covering for him, putting up the illusion that everything is alright and allowed a known predator to go about his predator business for two decades in exchange for a paycheck. Sorry, I can't hitch my wagon up with people who think that is acceptable regardless of ongoing legal proceedings. I'm sure they won't notice one less pair of torches and pitchforks and I have plenty of contempt for as many sides pop up.

Can't think of any better than not throwing my lot in with either predators or predator-enablers.

Edited by unluckiness, 05 August 2019 - 04:45 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

#46 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29225 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:36 AM

I don't defend Vic but it's well known that Funimation has never exactly been a well run ship. Marchi herself has been connected to rewriting dub scripts to reference Gamergate and patriarchy when they were never there in the first place.

In a world where we had the Weinstein controversy I can well believe Vic was getting away with crap for years and Funimation themselves were turning a blind eye to it. Vic was one of their most bankable stars due to Ed and Broly. Rial? The third dub voice of Bulma.

Hell, speaking as someone who works partly as an entertainment journalist I can tell you how quickly those circles will lock you out if you rock the boat or say the wrong thing.

#47 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1361 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:53 AM

As someone who only watches dubs and majority is from Funimation, I am at least glad that those rewrites are very few (and I believe they changed the Gamergate one for the physical release).

On to the Vic thing, I am still on the sidelines with is, as there is a lot of shit going everywhere in this.

It does make sense with the firing after the big "news" story, as we see that all the time. It is all about image. Plus, in reality, they are all pretty popular, so who do you go with, the guy who is in two or three shows a year, usually in secondary roles, or Marchi and Rial who at least work on like 90% of the stuff they bring out? Business wise, they made the "safe" decision.

Don't like how that stuff works, but I can see why they did it.
"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#48 Benbot

Benbot

What a nerd

• Supporter
  • 5674 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 12:51 PM

I had to look up his Wikipedia page because I have no idea who he is, but damn his list of credits is long.  What is it with anime dubbing that they basically hire the same 5 people to do all of them?  

#49 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18879 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:06 PM

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

That's not the defense. :D

Vic Mangina is the plaintiff. This is an attempt at a civil suit for defamation.
This is from the letter Vic's attorney sent Ron Toye, Monica Rial's fiancé.
https://drive.google...DyMICcjjONsnrWG

It's becoming quite notorious in the lawyer side of the world.

Right, my bad. Does that make them prosecution, then? Or does that term apply in a civil case?

Either way, though, my point remains -- just lock me away.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#50 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2587 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

I beg to differ, Mr. Mignogna can be eaten, digested then defecated and thus become a literal piece of shit.

#51 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1361 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

I had to look up his Wikipedia page because I have no idea who he is, but damn his list of credits is long.  What is it with anime dubbing that they basically hire the same 5 people to do all of them?

No. 6 people..
Well, while, like many industries of its type, it is very competitive, but it also helps to be local, available, and be good and quick at your job, which is why there are scores of people you hear all the time. Especially now with the simuldub, they are doing a massive amount of more shows in shorter times than the 00's and early 10's, so they need reliability. Also, there have been a bunch of new or lesser used voices that are leads or all over the place now, too.

One of my favorite things was trying to guess voices before looking them up. Much easier to find the info online now when compared to the times I thought that Steve Blum was the alias of David Lucas, and not vice-versa.
"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#52 Kalidor

Kalidor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Owner
  • 60179 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 05 August 2019 - 04:14 PM

No. 6 people..

Well, NOW it's 5. 

#53 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10838 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:16 PM

...it's okay to still enjoy the stuff he worked on, right? I mean, I won't be down on anyone who disliked anything Mignogna's taken part in - we're all allowed to like or dislike a given fictional work - but FMA:Brotherhood's one of my favorite anime titles, and I don't want to disavow it simply because of accusations or worse against the lead VA.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#54 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4590 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:10 PM

eWyGDWr.png

Macross dub: Hikaru was voiced by Vic, Misa by Rial. This is the only thing I know those two from, so this screenshot is amazing.

#55 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4590 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:13 PM

...it's okay to still enjoy the stuff he worked on, right? I mean, I won't be down on anyone who disliked anything Mignogna's taken part in - we're all allowed to like or dislike a given fictional work - but FMA:Brotherhood's one of my favorite anime titles, and I don't want to disavow it simply because of accusations or worse against the lead VA.

Dude, I still watch The Cosby Show. It's okay. Don't let internet warriors ruin your enjoyment. It's not condoning the actor's behavior.

#56 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20320 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:12 AM

Alright, I've seen enough. Full disclosure: I'm not a lawyer. I am a medical doctor by profession and before that, I was a psychologist. In both these fields I worked in, I was trained to do two things: first, listen to the patient's story and work with that in mind but confirm it through other means. Second: even when spoonfed information, do your own research. I've said this upthread but I don't bother with dubs except Dragon Ball and I quit because they were too damn slow. I only knew Vic Mignona as the Edward doll in comedy skits on Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged series. No, I am not taking his side because I disagree with yours, and don't call me Stan.  

I've already expressed doubt that this guy could get away with his so long and with only the "open secret" that was floating around. I agree with the other posters that pointed out that there are many reasons for this but it's unusual nevertheless. That said, I dug into the affidavits that Detour helpfully provided over a couple of lunchbreaks. Unfortunately, when I asked some questions about the contents therein in this very thread, I  was not answered so I decided to look into this myself.

I found it unusual that Denbow's affidavit only referred to what Vic did as "inappropriate conduct." Funimation and one of the victims in the affidavit are already being sued here, they have no reason to dance around this topic and by stating outright what Vic did and what convinced them that it was grounds for firing, they could have gotten the case tossed right then and there. But apparently, the case is still on. Unusual but not too out of the ordinary. As I read through them, I realize two things: this guy is a creep and that the opposition, regardless of how incompetent I was told they were would have filed affidavits of their own. I am maybe a half step up from a boomer when it comes to technology so I only had Google and Duckduckgo to go on so I do a little digging. 

Soon after I began looking through the results, I realize that both Vic and two of the defendants, Rial and Toy, have already undergone deposition and video of all of them was available online, which would have been handy to know beforehand. It turns out, Monica's story was that Vic lured her to his room, threw her on a bed and attempted to rape her. Thankfully, she was saved by a convention employee Stan Dahlin, who knocked on the door in the nick of time. This would surely be a slam dunk for the defence but looking through the Googledocs folder, there was no affidavit from the guy. Shit happens, maybe their counsel couldn't track the guy down or he wanted nothing to do with the case. Nope, it turns out that Stan did file an affidavit of his own. For Vic's lawyers.

VJEE1YB.jpg

Courtesy of Stan's Twitter, he says that he doesn't remember such an incident. 

Some people on Stan's twitter dug up that Faisal Ahmed, somebody who submitted an affidavit, has a record of falsely filing reports.

https://drive.google...uFEwfLEt5T-QTGA

It is, how you would say, "not a good look."

The affidavit from the twins is one of the more serious incidents it seems. They appear to have locked their twitters down so I can't verify anything but Tweeters have found that the twins at one point lived with Rial and Toy. Again, doesn't mean that the twins story is false but another raised eyebrow from me. One of the twins even worked at the same company Toye does, Tuttle Group which as it turns out also has the fiance of the other defendant, Marchi as a shareholder. Most damningly, it turns out, Toye was using sponsorship from this company as leverage over a convention as shown by leaked texts from knowyourmeme of all places.

https://imgur.com/HJVnHZ0

Oh yeah, this wasn't just a defamation case now, was it? I dunno what tortoise interference is but this I do know convincing people to break contracts is illegal. Dunno what happened there since it looks like Vic attended with no incident anyway. Why would a mortgage company care about japanese cartoons? It doesn't make any sense.

Aside from this, the shit comment upthread also piqued my interest since it's playground-level behavior at best. Surely nobody who passed the Bar in any country would be so petty. As it turns out, this was a response to one of Toye's tweets that the plaintiff is suing him for. One of 400 tweets that Vic's counsel took the time to respond to and refute each and every one of in a legal document. A bit excessive, but hey, splitting hairs is what lawyers do. And if these incompetent bozos who are mad their client is called poo can find a person that could make or break the case for either side, what does that say about the defendant's counsel?

Lastly, Paladin posted on the first page of this thread about how there was video of Vic flirting with a five year-old. Surely if that were the case, he'd be either locked up or the one on trial now. Twitter, and by extension, Youtube delivers though, here it is.

At about 9:20-9:30. He was on stage acting as a host in a costume contest of sorts making a lame joke in front of a room full of people.

It is clear that this situation is not as cut and dried as either side wants the public to believe, with a lot of crap the public is not privy to. None of this information adds up. He's probably not innocent; there's too much smoke to not be any fire, but this is a shitshow and I want no part in it. The third thing my vocation has taught me is that when you don't know, call a specialist so I say leave it to the courts to sort out. 

Why did I do this? Why did I waste 4-5 hours of my 80-hour work week looking this up when I barely know the guy and don't even watch dubs? There are three things I cannot stand: misrepresenting what I say, condescension and especially people thinking that they can pull one over me. This thread has all three, so call me petty, arrogant or whatever for doing this out of spite but hell, I already did the legwork so may as well put this up. Hey, maybe I can qualify as a pulitzer nominee now, seeing as all it apparently takes nowadays is digging through 140-character chunks of text and a handful of legal documents. Or do I not qualify because I don't have pictures of people involved in the case voguing?  

Well done, anti-Vic crowd, you've not only convinced me that your side condones hiding and covering for sexual predators until you don't but also possibly have reckless disregard for the truth, are actively concealing parts of it or are actively out to deceive, even if there is truth in there somewhere. Vic is definitely a creep but I want nothing to do with your ilk either.

Also, I looked into the Threadnought. Things just get lost in the jumble of reaction GIFs and replies and I couldn't make sense of it. Dude should maybe consider getting a blog instead. 

Edited by unluckiness, 06 August 2019 - 01:18 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

#57 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 29039 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:08 AM

Awwww....you're adorable. And you still don't get it.

Ironbite-at all

xC9l3eY.gif

#58 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20320 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:47 AM

Yeah, I freely admit that I don't get IT. Why would a primordial evil dress up like a clown, or even take a physical form at all? And the book was creepy in the bad way. The first movie was good and second looks promising but I probably won't be able to see it in theaters.  

But man, what if there were a way for people to communicate information to others that wasn't just driveby passive-aggression? Dude, that sure would make the job of getting IT easier.

Edited by unluckiness, 06 August 2019 - 04:11 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

#59 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 29225 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:19 AM

I don't specifically side with unluckiness but this thread arguing this totally isn't trial by internet is only making the case for this being...trial by internet.

Over in the video review thread people are hating on Doug Walker. When I was heavily critical of him based on my own read just a few years ago, some now all too happy to hate on him were the ones telling me to lay off, I had a problem.

Personally I don't think Vic is innocent. But the mood in this thread only really says the internet loves a bandwagon.

#60 unluckiness

unluckiness

Kazuma desu

• Citizen
  • 20320 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:30 AM

I'm not even saying Vic is innocent. I'm saying hat there's so many things about this case that raise more questions. If I were to hazard a guess, the inconsistencies are there to reduce the legal liability on the enabler's part. 

The way I understand it it, Vic already brought this affair to court. Either he loses the case and subsequently gets exposed and destroyed in a criminal court or Funimation and its voice actors get eaten by the monster who by their own admission they created and allowed to roam free but who is then rendered radioactive for the industry. I don't need to take a side in this and even if I did, it would not make a difference. I say let things play out.

Apparently, I'm not supposed to do this?

Is there a fourth choice? 

yw6bpc9.jpg

I swear, my moveset sucks. Don't put me in the game Nintendo.

Edited by unluckiness, 06 August 2019 - 04:41 AM.

XgxCpmP.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users