Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 06:52 PM)

*stares at the light switch* .... I see what you did there

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (30 May 2020 - 01:40 PM)

*hands llittleautobot1218 a light switch* There you go.

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:53 AM)

I feel a need to lighten up the mood.... ;)

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 May 2020 - 10:38 AM)

:p

@  Maximus Ambus : (30 May 2020 - 02:14 AM)

Shockwave did it.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (30 May 2020 - 12:21 AM)

I'm not in the US and at least some of the episodes seem to work for me. I don't know the actual list of places it's available, though.

@  Shockwave 75 : (29 May 2020 - 10:37 PM)

Unfortunately It seems Cyberverse is only available in the US on YouTube.

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 May 2020 - 09:19 AM)

Yes, and its ongoing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (29 May 2020 - 01:05 AM)

Cyberverse is already officially uploaded to YouTube.

@  fourteenwings : (29 May 2020 - 12:36 AM)

Spin Master is abridging current episodes of Bakugan Armored Alliance and posting the result on YouTube. Maybe Hasbro does that someday too.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 10:59 PM)

I see... :/

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 08:14 PM)

Within the US anyway. Those channels aren't easy or cheap to access in other countries, and their website often region lock content. Tubi is the only good thing on that list: largely identical (but not perfectly so. Damnit. I wanna watch COPS.) country to country and free.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:24 PM)

So yeah, Hasbro is using plenty of venues to spread exposure of their brands

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Starz currently licenses Transformers G1 and the GI Joe movie (as well as MLP specials). Netflix has more current series available.

@  Nevermore : (28 May 2020 - 07:21 PM)

Study shows: Holders of the title "world's oldest person" have a severely increased risk of dying.

@  Steevy Maximus : (28 May 2020 - 07:18 PM)

Tubi TV and Youtube both host various Hasbro cartoons. Both are freely accessed and ad supported. Any basic TV package (barring straight antenna) includes channels like USA Network, SyFy and FX, all of which regularly air the films from Transformers and GI Joe.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 06:18 PM)

I dunno what to tell you, media might be changing slowly, but at least it's still accessible. Even the folks that DON'T get one of the streaming services can watch it on the company website. It's a vehicle for the toy line after all, they need to make an effort to make it as consumable as possible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Well. Thats said, then.... I guess... :doh

@  wonko the sane? : (28 May 2020 - 04:13 PM)

As long as the the cartoons are profitable, then they'll make more. The media it's shown on is completely irrelevant. I say that as a guy whose earliest surviving memory is a big red truck turning into a big red robot.

@  ZakuConvoy : (28 May 2020 - 03:06 PM)

Might be the end of an era. With the rise of streaming, who knows if Transformers will ever be on broadcast TV again.

@  -LittleAutob... : (28 May 2020 - 11:46 AM)

3 seasons on a show is usually enough... but yeah ;-;

@  Roddie Luver : (27 May 2020 - 09:37 PM)

I’m also sad Cyberverse has no season four.

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

HasLab Unicron

1989 replies to this topic

#701 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

#1. No, it is not going to get a massive surge when its only 1/3 of the way there.
#2 There is no way in hell that Hasbro is dropping this at this point. Way too much pride and pressure to let it go this far into development with all the attention it has received.
#3 Having the ability to add worldwide pre-orders does give them the ability to save face when this insanely expensive toy fails to get halfway to 8000 in the US. I will add that to the article. Thanks!

well good to know the original version of the article was that way out of willful defiance of the facts rather than mere ignorance I guess

#702 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23608 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:48 PM

#2 There is no way in hell that Hasbro is dropping this at this point. Way too much pride and pressure to let it go this far into development with all the attention it has received.

Eh, there's an established history of toys going far into development without getting made. No real reason to think this will be any different. And I doubt "pride" would amount to anything if they just find that something won't make them money.

Also, it's not like Everybody In Hasbro is personally invested in every single project somebody undertakes. Probably most of their employees would just go ahead with business as usual regardless of whether or not these unconventional endeavors work out.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 13 August 2019 - 01:52 PM.

#703 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12897 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

Eh, there's an established history of toys going far into development without getting made. No real reason to think this will be any different. And I doubt "pride" would amount to anything if they just find that something won't make them money.

Indeed, there's an established history of Unicron toys going far into development without getting made....

#704 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10513 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:54 PM

If this thing was a sure bet, they would have just put it out instead of trying to crowdsource it.

MSzBav1.jpg

#705 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52474 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

1) Even though the barge did?

2) This was explicitly crowdfunded. So the failure state was always a possibility.

3) World wide orders was always the plan.

card-strongarm.jpg

#706 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23608 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:59 PM

I'm sure Hasbro are capable of getting this thing made even if there weren't enough orders, but that would be a terribly inefficient use of resources that could go elsewhere.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 13 August 2019 - 01:59 PM.

#707 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

Unicron isn't "too far into development not to make."  The molds aren't even created yet!  That's, like, nearly all of the production costs.  That frontpage article is incredibly embarrassing.  

#708 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19423 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

Indeed, there's an established history of Unicron toys going far into development without getting made....

Heck, there was a 3P version (two versions, actually, with BWNeo and Armada versions of the toy being planned) of Unicron that's seemingly been canned, with no updates after a couple of years.  3P companies have far more to lose from lost development time, since they don't have multi-million dollar R&D pools to fall back on.

#709 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

Unicron isn't "too far into development not to make."  The molds aren't even created yet!  That's, like, nearly all of the production costs.  That frontpage article is incredibly embarrassing.  

Also why it won't be mailing out until 2021.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#710 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

Also why it won't be mailing out until 2021.

Yeah, if this thing was too far into production to stop, we'd be getting it in a few months, not a year and a half from now.

#711 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Citizen
  • 9628 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

Someone dug up an interview quote for the Titan Metroplex tooling costing - what was it? - over $100,000 or something, and that's for a toy that's shorter and massively less complex than Unicron.

If they don't get the funds they need to tool the figure and still turn a profit, they will absolutely not go through with it, they're not a charity.

#712 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10513 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

Like, this is a hugely expensive toy.  Far more expensive than any Transformers toy than Hasbro has ever put out, even factoring in inflation.  (Outside of like, statues made by third party licensees)

Typically how this stuff works is they commit to making the toy, put it out and hope it sells enough to have made the investment worth it.  That is an INCREDIBLY dicey proposition for a toy that's like 3x as expensive as the Titan class.  Crowdfunding allows them to gauge interest before making the commitment.  If they can't reach the goal they've set for themselves, that's going to be a big red flag that this project will not be viable and it's time to pull the ripcord before it requires major investment.

MSzBav1.jpg

#713 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19571 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

#1. No, it is not going to get a massive surge when its only 1/3 of the way there.

#3 Having the ability to add worldwide pre-orders does give them the ability to save face when this insanely expensive toy fails to get halfway to 8000 in the US. I will add that to the article. Thanks!

via GIPHY

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#714 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19423 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:28 PM

Typically how this stuff works is they commit to making the toy, put it out and hope it sells enough to have made the investment worth it. 

That's not even the case.  In any standard release, their units are already accounted for because they're selling to the retailers.  The supply chain takes care of all of that for Hasbro. 

Unicron is well and above what any retailer could feasibly support in this day and age, though, so HasTak are trying a direct-to-consumer approach.  But unlike traditional retail, where their sales are already essentially in the bag, here, they need to make ensure that their minimum order is covered before they even begin production.

#715 A Tree

A Tree
  • Supporter
  • 29225 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:28 PM

ok so you've no idea how kickstarting works then

it doesn't matter how much 'pride' or 'pressure' a project has or how much attention something has received, if it doesn't meet the goal it doesn't meet the goal because that shows that there wasn't enough interest in terms of people actually being willing to spend money to help see this thing realized to actually realize the product

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#716 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10513 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

Typically how this stuff works is they commit to making the toy, put it out and hope it sells enough to have made the investment worth it. 

That's not even the case.  In any standard release, their units are already accounted for because they're selling to the retailers.  The supply chain takes care of all of that for Hasbro. 

Unicron is well and above what any retailer could feasibly support in this day and age, though, so HasTak are trying a direct-to-consumer approach.  But unlike traditional retail, where their sales are already essentially in the bag, here, they need to make ensure that their minimum order is covered before they even begin production.

Very true, thanks for the correction!

MSzBav1.jpg

#717 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23608 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:35 PM

Surely people working on Hasbro's other brands (or even the regular retail segment of TF) would object to putting more funding into Unicron if it's already proven unpopular by its own metric.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 13 August 2019 - 02:40 PM.

#718 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:15 PM

I suppose the one to watch would be Cookie Monster, since it hasn't even cracked 500 and it's under two weeks, with no media blitz or external retailers apparently placing orders.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#719 haywire

haywire

Secretly a Gobot in Disguse, don't tell anyone! :)

• Citizen
  • 1083 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

Also, it's not like Everybody In Hasbro is personally invested in every single project somebody undertakes. Probably most of their employees would just go ahead with business as usual regardless of whether or not these unconventional endeavors work out.

Reminds me of a favorite quote:
"For you, the day Hasbro didn't make Unicron was the most important day of your life. For Hasbro, it was Tuesday."

#720 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8123 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:04 PM

Reminds me of a favorite quote:

"For you, the day Hasbro didn't make Unicron was the most important day of your life. For Hasbro, it was Tuesday."

"You killed my favorite announced toy."

"Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?"

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users