Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (08 April 2020 - 08:42 AM)

It is. Thankfully, we don't use the thing too often. It was purchased to help take down one tree and spends about 362 days a year sitting in the shop.

@  Darkstream : (08 April 2020 - 08:23 AM)

Sounds tedious

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 06:25 PM)

grinding wheel on a dremel and a lot of patience.

@  Darkstream : (07 April 2020 - 06:11 PM)

What do you use to sharpen it? I was debating buying one of those kits on Amazon

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 11:49 AM)

Wasn't the first time. I probably did it one of the times the chain jumped the blade, or when I was cleaning it or sharpening it.

@  Darkstream : (07 April 2020 - 11:38 AM)

Sounds like something I'd do. I always install things backwards first.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 April 2020 - 07:32 AM)

Not while I'm outside working with the chainsaw. If it's working fine: then I don't need it. If it's NOT working; I use hand tools cause there is a job that brought me out there. No time to read.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 April 2020 - 03:07 AM)

You can Google manuals these days.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2020 - 06:06 PM)

I can't. One: we don't know where dad hide the damn manual. Not that he read it either. And 2.) I'm congenitally incapable of reading it, being as I'm male.

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 April 2020 - 01:52 PM)

Lesson learned: RTFM.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 April 2020 - 11:45 AM)

It's time for todays lesson! Did you know there's a wrong way to install a chainsaw blade? I didn't. I thought the damn thing was just blunted, but nope. Backwards.

@  CORVUS : (05 April 2020 - 06:41 PM)

CONTAGION is on my current watchlist. I'm kicking it off with OUTBREAK, and I have a whole lineup of pandemic-based films. I treat this stuff as a fear-innoculant.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:52 PM)

My point is that of late, Taiwan's government executed lockdown procedures to great success. Vietnam has done similarly.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (05 April 2020 - 03:34 PM)

Didn't SARS just suddenly stop before it got very far?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (05 April 2020 - 03:24 PM)

*raises eyebrows due to familial knowledge of SARS*

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:43 PM)

It was uncomfortably real in 2011, it's downright scary in relation to the current pandemic.

@  Steevy Maximus : (05 April 2020 - 01:42 PM)

It is, almost to an uncomfortable point.The virus portrayed in that film was FAR more aggressive and fatal than Coronavirus, but the sourcing and spread and impact hit REALLY close to home compared to what we're dealing with now

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 04:50 AM)

Actually on the subject, I've hard a lot of people refer to a 2011 film called Contagion that they think is relevant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 April 2020 - 01:11 AM)

Ah well, I'll stick to the classic British sitcoms: One Foot in the Grave, Til Death Do Us Part and They Think It's All Over.

@  TM2-Megatron : (05 April 2020 - 12:53 AM)

There's always the original, cheesy as it is

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (05 April 2020 - 12:10 AM)

Dunno... Tonight one of the major networks showed a movie with plagues.. including that listening to their leader causes the first born to die. ;P So nah.. I think the Stand could work. :D

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 April 2020 - 09:18 PM)

That's probably the last thing anyone needs to see, at the moment. Maybe when we get to the end of June/beginning of July and we can venture back out, it might be possible to find some enjoyment in The Stand.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 April 2020 - 02:08 PM)

I suppose the CBS adaptation of Stephen Kings The Stand will be delayed.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:26 AM)

We'll always be together. Together in electric dreams.

@  Rycochet : (04 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Please remember that in these times of social distancing, we'll always be together however far it seems.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 12:41 PM)

It arrived! Yay!

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM)

Given how the virus lasts about 3-4 days on metals and plastics, it's about the only way to go about getting stuff right now. I ordered a monitor mount for my desk and the delivery has been pushed back twice already.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 11:04 AM)

He ordered it online, says it was to keep those delivery boys in business. I did the same a week ago with some Transformers Studio Series figures off Kapow. Don't know if it's wise or not considering.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 09:12 AM)

You'd be the first. Everyone else has either been frustrated cause the one they wanted was sold out (like during boxing week.) or rushing to replace something broken.

@  RYNO : (03 April 2020 - 08:53 AM)

I actually walked into a store the other day and just randomly decided to buy at 32inch TV. It was just a Vizio, and grabbed a Mounting Bracket for it. No duress. Just a spur of the moment wanted a TV for my master bedroom.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:31 AM)

Conversely: I've never met a person who wasn't buying a TV under duress... so... yeah.

@  wonko the sane? : (03 April 2020 - 07:20 AM)

I think I've met maybe two people other than myself who count cables before buying a TV.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (03 April 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Seriously.. HDMI splitters and switches are so bloody finicky, but most tvs don't have enough inputs.

@  Maximus Ambus : (03 April 2020 - 05:09 AM)

Just spent a hour trying to get my brothers new Samsung TV to read his Playstation and Blu Ray player only to find he was using a HDMI splitter.

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 April 2020 - 11:07 AM)

I could never master oral bullshittery. But in my day I was quite adept with the written word.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 April 2020 - 11:32 PM)

You have mastered the art of Bulljive. You must use this power only for good, or entertainment.

@  Sabrblade : (01 April 2020 - 08:58 PM)

This morning, for one of my online classes, I had to give a positive oral presentation about a play that I hated having to watch. I went into it completely unprepared and just winged it. My professor LOVED my presentation and thought it was excellent. She believed every word I said and honestly thought that I enjoyed that miserable play. Best April Fools ever!

@  ▲ndrusi : (01 April 2020 - 10:06 AM)

Happy Everyone Thinks They're A Comedian Now Day!

@  Donocropolis : (31 March 2020 - 05:45 AM)

Who, I might add, has never been photographed together with Byteman. Just sayin'.

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 10:27 PM)

Bruce Wayne's cyberpunk cousin?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 09:27 PM)

Laser Wayne

@  Sabrblade : (30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM)

Luther Unum

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 07:09 PM)

Or Lee Derwon.

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:51 PM)

Not to be confused with Leader I

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was Leader Uno

@  Steevy Maximus : (30 March 2020 - 06:50 PM)

He was the OTHER Leader 1

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 March 2020 - 06:29 PM)

Or Sideways.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (30 March 2020 - 05:26 PM)

On the other hand, this is Armada we're talking about. It could have actually been Metroplex.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 March 2020 - 11:08 PM)

Oh yeah, that was Fort Max. My bad.

@  LBD "Nyt... : (28 March 2020 - 09:12 PM)

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Peritus_Maximus

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

HasLab Unicron

1938 replies to this topic

#661 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29717 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

Primus is the result of anti-Quintesson propaganda.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#662 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 6956 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

There was only ever one moon base anyway.

In need of BW Bonecrusher's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#663 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Fierce is my blade, fierce is my hate

• Supporter
  • 46343 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:56 PM

We're gonna build a wall around Unicron, and make the Sweeps pay for it.

#664 Jackpot

Jackpot

Neo-maxi zoom dweebie

• Citizen
  • 1045 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:04 AM

Watch it again. Unicron's head flying off back and to his left. Totally inconsistent with the Matrix opening inside him. Back and to the left. Another Matrix must've been opened to his front and right. Again: back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left.

buy art: MattDrawsRobots.com

follow: Facebook  Tumblr • Instagram • DeviantArt

#665 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27163 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:10 AM

Energon can't melt Steel Wind.

#666 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Another Year, Another Evolution of the Dark Knight!

• Staff
  • 14092 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 August 2019 - 01:44 PM

There's a handful of people out there convinced the Takara release is happening no matter what and the backer system is just a Hasbro scheme.

That's not a huge shock given the only data we have is fairly rushed translations, even if it's wishful thinking.

Hasbro UK do not seem to be offering any local ordering scheme according to retailers here.

Yeah, Kapow certainly isn't getting any way to offer orders. Thanks Hasbro UK, you continue to show your indifference.

fslookup.jpg

#667 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28987 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:49 PM

There's a handful of people out there convinced the Takara release is happening no matter what and the backer system is just a Hasbro scheme.

That's not a huge shock given the only data we have is fairly rushed translations, even if it's wishful thinking.

Hasbro UK do not seem to be offering any local ordering scheme according to retailers here.

I'm now getting pops up on my anti-viruses and such quoting me the price for full versions in Euros.

Nobody wants our now garbage GBP and given the risk with a product like this I don't blame Hasbro for not giving the UK a look in on it. Luxury items like this are a no go in a country threatening to deny itself food and medicine very shortly.

#668 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:23 PM

If this Well-Known Member is correct, there's some retailer out there with over 900 orders waiting to be put in at the end of the month.

EBtlRkqWwAEA5XJ.jpg

#669 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29717 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

Need much more than that at this rate.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#670 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40686 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

i'm pretty sure the incredibly strong implication was there is more than just this one reseller

#671 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1805 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:10 PM

My Unicron funding project has been going so-so. Have about $320 raised, and another $125 if we can work out some Paypal issues. Would've had another $200, but turned out one of my auctions was won by a fake account. I'm struggling to understand how anyone can find it entertaining to make an account and go around bidding on stuff you'll never buy. They get off on... imagining the misery they hope some person they've never met or interacted with in any way is feeling? :??? As someone who seriously considered majoring in mathematics, that's too dry and abstract for me.

Anyway, have another load of stuff up for sale now. I'm surprised how easy it was to turn up stuff I have that I would be happy to get rid of and could easily account for the cost. Now just have to sit back and hope it sells. Oh, and get started looking for the next batch or stuff to purge. Gotta make sure I'll have space for a planet too!

#672 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 1948 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:14 AM

My own sales stuff has gone very well, my biggest problems have been keeping people who are outside my shipping area from trying to use fake addresses to list their country as something else, then wanting me to send to Russia/China/Etc.  Not happening.  Though a complication has come up in terms of a new water well on short notice, and the possibility of surgery for multiple people, so it looks like I will NOT be able to get on the Unicron bandwagon.  Oh, well.  I will enjoy the pictures of everyone else's stuff!  Though as a consolation prize I still have enough to cover ALL the Seacons when they come out, even at my most pessimistic cost estimates, so there's that!

Edited by Platypus Prime, 12 August 2019 - 02:04 PM.

#673 Magick

Magick

Autobot Rainbow Brigade

• Citizen
  • 2720 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

There's always TFSource. More expensive but you don't need a down payment, and you can still get an order in. Just a thought.

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

#674 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:44 PM

Here's some silly math: I weighed my Predaking and he's 3 lbs, 8 oz, and change. So 3.5 lbs.

Unicron is estimated to be 19 lb. That's 5.42 Predakings. 

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

#675 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nut

• Citizen
  • 29717 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:18 PM

Here's some silly math: I weighed my Predaking and he's 3 lbs, 8 oz, and change. So 3.5 lbs.

Unicron is estimated to be 19 lb. That's 5.42 Predakings. 

And that's terrible.

;)  :D  :p  :)

#676 Ashley

Ashley

The nerd formerly known as Waspinator

• Citizen
  • 23928 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:49 PM

I'd be surprised if 40 cakes was only 19 pounds.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

#677 Blacknife

Blacknife

Never heard of it; never will

• Citizen
  • 5850 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:57 AM

This has to hit me right when I'm between leases....ugh

#678 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18164 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:11 AM

I hates those leases to pieces.

#679 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12484 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=F4cwJYdpSZY

Somewhat tone deaf new video, completely ignoring the international issues and talking about "all fans".

He has moving eyes apparently. The video does a terrible job of showing this off.

#680 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39774 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:13 AM

Yup. Just posted that on the front page

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic