Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Echowarrior : (06 May 2021 - 08:56 PM)

Best of luck, Nevermore.

@  wonko the sane? : (06 May 2021 - 10:18 AM)

Best of luck man.

@  electricidad : (05 May 2021 - 03:22 PM)

GOOD LUCK, NEVERMORE!

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:14 PM)

The election committee whose chairman I am has been preparing this election since February. There's no real gain for me either way, so I don't care that much for the outcome, but it's going to be a stressful day for me either way.

@  Nevermore : (05 May 2021 - 03:13 PM)

Wish me luck. Tomorrow is this year's supervisory board election at my workplace, and I'm the guy in charge of organizing the election.

@  tigerhawk : (05 May 2021 - 01:30 PM)

I have two Overlords one was faulty with a melted foot and they never took it back but replaced it, I just checked the guns, both the handles seem to be turning white.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 May 2021 - 07:38 PM)

REVELATION! Towering war machines more durable than nerd!

@  Telly : (04 May 2021 - 07:18 PM)

pansy. my trypticon AND scorponok took a header from 4 feet up and only had parts pop off that were easily reattached. guess 'cons are tougher...

@  tigerhawk : (04 May 2021 - 04:03 PM)

My TR Perceptor fell and the titan master peg in the leg snapped off. Fortunately I have the Legends one.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 May 2021 - 08:50 PM)

It's a fairly well known fact that "it's a wonderful life" only became popular after it dropped into the public domain. So, yeah, they probably did.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (02 May 2021 - 08:29 PM)

I read an interesting observation on Twitter. If it is the natural course of a human to grow into Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud, but nostalgia also yields rose-tinted glasses for the likes of one's youth, then did Greatest Generation adults bemoan how Baby Boomer children loved box office flops such as The Wizard of Oz and It's a Wonderful Life?

@  Steevy Maximus : (02 May 2021 - 09:54 AM)

You’re traveling down a rabbit hole I dare not follow

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:26 AM)

At the same time, with my almost non-existent knowledge of Japanese and how oddly some things translate, seeing "Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges" made me wonder if that would make it "JoJoJo"... which now has my brain terrified of a weird Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo/Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Crossover. @[email protected]

@  Otaku : (02 May 2021 - 09:24 AM)

It is always weird when things align.  This talk of Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges in the SquawkBox reminded me of King Gorgeous Gorge on the FoxBox.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 May 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Nice

@  Nevermore : (01 May 2021 - 09:03 AM)

I got one even better: After that character by the name of Gorgeous Giorgios dies in a gorge, they name that whole area after him: The Gorgeous Giorgios Gorges.

@  tigerhawk : (30 April 2021 - 01:56 AM)

Paint apps did slide notably during TR, wave one's Titan Masters had detail but wave 2 onwards was absent of them. Wave 5's Ramhorn, Dreadnaut, Scorchfire and Aimless had detail but Murk and Hazard didn't, can't speak for Flameout as I got Legends Twintwist and Slugslinger.

@  kizudarake : (29 April 2021 - 04:50 PM)

Anyone here got any g1 jet fire parts for sale?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Other than a few overly tight joints, the paints apps are my single complaint about the generations line.

@  tigerhawk : (29 April 2021 - 02:25 PM)

I just saw Legends Leo Prime now I wish Titans Return Alpha Trion had a few more paint apps for ship mode.

@  walruslaw : (28 April 2021 - 09:33 PM)

dagrimbo

@  CORVUS : (27 April 2021 - 08:11 PM)

Indeed.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (27 April 2021 - 04:59 PM)

CORVUS: considering that reply, I'm pretty sure this was just another instance of Bass posting poorly-defined drivel as if it were profound.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 April 2021 - 04:24 PM)

Given the last year and a half or so, is it any surprise?

@  Bass X0 : (27 April 2021 - 04:12 PM)

People are snapping already it seems.

@  Kaon : (27 April 2021 - 12:15 PM)

I like the Shattered Glass Megatron's alt mode

@  CORVUS : (26 April 2021 - 07:30 PM)

I'd like to know what society he's talking about, and what qualifies as "nothing", TBH.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 05:09 PM)

I don't see the point in such a poorly defined "everyone is terrible" statement. He's not complaining about any specific people or specific problems.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (26 April 2021 - 05:06 PM)

I do not see anything about Bass's comment that felt a need for you to attack him.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (26 April 2021 - 04:35 PM)

Bass: does that "everyone" include yourself or are you just trying to act like you're better than everybody without actually proving anything?

@  wonko the sane? : (26 April 2021 - 04:10 PM)

Mostly it's "oh, don't say that right now" and "better learn when to duck".

@  Bass X0 : (26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM)

There's something to be said about society when everyones just an inch away from snapping over nothing.

@  Steevy Maximus : (26 April 2021 - 02:17 PM)

WalMart is a cruel mistress. Today she runneth over...tommorrow, she'll be barren as a desert.

@  -LittleAutob... : (26 April 2021 - 12:21 PM)

I love Wal-mart now- They have way more Transformers figures than Target- last night I came home with a WFC Authentic Wheeljack even though I was torn between wanting TFP Arcee and TF: The Movie Blurr, two figures I have never ever seen before-

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Spelling intended lol

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 April 2021 - 10:29 AM)

Curious Geogore

@  NotVeryKnightly : (25 April 2021 - 07:54 AM)

"My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio"

@  MEDdMI : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

New JoJo villain, GoGio

@  TheMightyMol... : (25 April 2021 - 07:52 AM)

Is this a Jojo?

@  Nevermore : (25 April 2021 - 06:49 AM)

Now I suddenly have a character with the name "Gorgeous Georgios" in mind.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 April 2021 - 04:00 PM)

H A -

@  Nevermore : (24 April 2021 - 01:58 PM)

Saint Georgios Day?

@  Donocropolis : (23 April 2021 - 06:59 AM)

more like Saint GORGEOUS Day.

@  tigerhawk : (23 April 2021 - 04:59 AM)

Saint Georges Day.

@  Sabrblade : (21 April 2021 - 11:55 PM)

Glenn Morshower would agree. He goes to auditions with his shoes full of syrup.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 04:28 PM)

Please, maple syrup can only improve alot of content.

@  Donocropolis : (21 April 2021 - 03:33 PM)

Well, not release it into Canada, no. You'd just get maple syrup all over it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (21 April 2021 - 03:21 PM)

what bothers me most about Canadian rights is that, oftentimes, the rights holders for certain content don't even seem to have any interest in releasing it

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 April 2021 - 10:46 AM)

It'd be mostly the same even in a world with global copyright law, since even the shortest terms are very long.

@  wonko the sane? : (21 April 2021 - 10:39 AM)

You got me, I just want to watch cartoons without having to pirate them for once.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

HasLab Unicron

2465 replies to this topic

#2441 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19538 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:12 PM

K is there a parts list somewhere? Mine just arrived (to Vancouver, Canada!!) and I just want to make sure I have everything.

And what was the advice about getting him into the stand? Isnt there some panel I dont want to stress/break that isnt in the instructions?

There's a long, narrow cover plate on the bottom of the planet that you want to fold in to the planet mode, to attach the stand.  And to do that, you have to partially undo the panels on the bottom of the planet; the plate won't just push in smoothly by itself. The instructions do cover it, but backwards.  They initially suggest that you can just drop the planet onto the stand, but at the end of the book, there's a section dedicated to removing the stand and all the parts manipulation needed to cover up the gap afterward.

Anywho, I actually just got mine in today as well (same here, Vancouver gang), and whoo boy, it really cannot be said enough that pictures really do not encompass what it feels like to be in the presence of this toy.  Even if he's only a few inches taller than the Titans, his shear enormity in all other dimensions absolutely crushes them.

The "my god, what have I gotten myself into?" feeling really kicks into high gear from the moment you feel that bowling ball in your own two hands, and just steadily ramps up as he blossoms into an absolute behemoth of a robot.

The few odd controversial colour applications aside (that honestly really never bothered me), the final toy looks exactly how I wanted it to, especially with the revised colours compared to the original hand-painted sample.  The muted orange and grey-green colours are perfect, exactly as I remember him onscreen.

Also, a pleasant surprise on my end: for some reason, I was under the impression that he only came with enough screw covers to cover just the frontside holes.  So it was to my delight to discover that he indeed came with a paired set of each, to fully clean him up nicely.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 20 April 2021 - 07:13 PM.

#2442 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 9493 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 April 2021 - 10:00 PM

Right out of the gate, watch this video. The instructions don't tell you how to actually get Unicron onto the stand out of the box (it involves undoing and rearranging panels first).

heres the video again. probly the most posted vid in this thread!

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#2443 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 762 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:09 PM

Started rearranging my CHUG display:

Even the TV being a slavish replica of an old design seems excessive.
That TV, and the "wood" paneling, and the couches all came with the basement. :)

Basically the sellers decided they didnt want to even try to move any of the heavy fold-away bed couches or TV in the (very 1970s) finished part of the basement or big metal desk and workshop furniture in the unfinished part. So we got all that and another big upstairs couch free.

We don't use that TV at all, but it hasn't felt worth the trouble of trying to lug it upstairs to toss. Last time I moved a big tv that old its outer shell disintegrated under its own weight into lots of giant plastic shards. It was not fun.

-ZacWilliam, my first step to updating will probably be new lights. The drop tile ceiling is also pretty terrible but I'm less sure what to do about that...

Well, one idea for the tv: kick in the screen, pull all of the mechanical guts out, then fill the shell with cushions, and boom, instant cat bed. Assuming you have cats

#2444 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3977 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:07 AM

K is there a parts list somewhere? Mine just arrived (to Vancouver, Canada!!) and I just want to make sure I have everything.

And what was the advice about getting him into the stand? Isnt there some panel I dont want to stress/break that isnt in the instructions?

There's a long, narrow cover plate on the bottom of the planet that you want to fold in to the planet mode, to attach the stand.  And to do that, you have to partially undo the panels on the bottom of the planet; the plate won't just push in smoothly by itself. The instructions do cover it, but backwards.  They initially suggest that you can just drop the planet onto the stand, but at the end of the book, there's a section dedicated to removing the stand and all the parts manipulation needed to cover up the gap afterward.

Anywho, I actually just got mine in today as well (same here, Vancouver gang), and whoo boy, it really cannot be said enough that pictures really do not encompass what it feels like to be in the presence of this toy.  Even if he's only a few inches taller than the Titans, his shear enormity in all other dimensions absolutely crushes them.

The "my god, what have I gotten myself into?" feeling really kicks into high gear from the moment you feel that bowling ball in your own two hands, and just steadily ramps up as he blossoms into an absolute behemoth of a robot.

The few odd controversial colour applications aside (that honestly really never bothered me), the final toy looks exactly how I wanted it to, especially with the revised colours compared to the original hand-painted sample.  The muted orange and grey-green colours are perfect, exactly as I remember him onscreen.

Also, a pleasant surprise on my end: for some reason, I was under the impression that he only came with enough screw covers to cover just the frontside holes.  So it was to my delight to discover that he indeed came with a paired set of each, to fully clean him up nicely.

Thanks!

Are you on the Vancouver FB group? Its been great this past Covid year. I posted my unicron box pic today but so far nobody else has.

#2445 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19538 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:59 AM

So, here's an aspect about Unicron I don't see talked about much, if at all:

I just transformed him back into planet mode for the first time, and I just realized the subtle brilliance of Unicron's panel design.  With panels that big and that weighty, more rigid tab connections between plates would've been too fragile.  Put a bit too much force along a panel break, and tabs/pegs would snap like a wafer.  So instead, they went with that bevelled "zipper" design that provides sturdy arch support, but easily folds in on itself, with plenty of give, until it's properly braced during the point of final assembly.  The bevelled trapezoidal shapes mean that there's no fine-tuning massaging needed: the tabs hook and channel themselves into their respective slots practically by themselves, once you've got them reasonably aligned.  For the central "ring" that forms the poles and maw (and the robot backpack), all you need to do is string the panels together, and once you've tabbed the assemblies into the two locking points on the crotch and on the arms, they form a solid, self-supporting arch structure.  And then for the remaining quadrant pieces, you just hook the perpendicular tabs in at the back of the planet, and then the whole assemblies practically guide themselves into place, where all you need to do is press in the straight tabs near the maw to complete the package.

It's absolute design perfection, as far as shell-forming can be concerned.  Absolutely none of the fuss usually associated with that design ethos, and there's a remarkably smart use of force distribution and arch/dome mechanics in play that maximizes the structural stability during what could be a frustrating transformation step, and makes it utterly painless.

TLDR; the shell pieces are flexible and forgiving when maneuvering them into place, rock solid once you've tabbed them in, and are not fiddly in the slightest.  Genius.

Minus points then, that such brilliant engineering is in rather stark contrast to that mildly worrying floating shoulder plate.

Thanks!

Are you on the Vancouver FB group? Its been great this past Covid year. I posted my unicron box pic today but so far nobody else has.

Nope.  I avoid Facebook (and all social media services, other than message boards like The Allspark) like the plague.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 21 April 2021 - 05:33 AM.

#2446 Msol

Msol

Grade killer.

• Supporter
  • 3977 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:36 AM

So, here's an aspect about Unicron I don't see talked about much, if at all:

I just transformed him back into planet mode for the first time, and I just realized the subtle brilliance of Unicron's panel design.  With panels that big and that weighty, more rigid tab connections between plates would've been too fragile.  Put a bit too much force along a panel break, and tabs/pegs would snap like a wafer.  So instead, they went with that bevelled "zipper" design that provides sturdy arch support, but easily folds in on itself, with plenty of give, until it's properly braced during the point of final assembly.  The bevelled trapezoidal shapes mean that there's no fine-tuning massaging needed: the tabs hook and channel themselves into their respective slots practically by themselves, once you've got them reasonably aligned.  For the central "ring" that forms the poles and maw (and the robot backpack), all you need to do is string the panels together, and once you've tabbed the assemblies into the two locking points on the crotch and on the arms, they form a solid, self-supporting arch structure.  And then for the remaining quadrant pieces, you just hook the perpendicular tabs in at the back of the planet, and then the whole assemblies practically guide themselves into place, where all you need to do is press in the straight tabs near the maw to complete the package.

It's absolute design perfection, as far as shell-forming can be concerned.  Absolutely none of the fuss usually associated with that design ethos, and there's a remarkably smart use of force distribution and arch/dome mechanics in play that maximizes the structural stability during what could be a frustrating transformation step, and makes it utterly painless.

TLDR; the shell pieces are flexible and forgiving when maneuvering them into place, rock solid once you've tabbed them in, and are not fiddly in the slightest.  Genius.

Minus points then, that such brilliant engineering is in rather stark contrast to that mildly worrying floating shoulder plate.

Thanks!

Nope.  I avoid Facebook (and all social media services, other than message boards like The Allspark) like the plague.
Gotcha. Well, Ill shoot you a PM next time we get together for a big event like in the before-times. Im work-from-home, so its been a good outlet for us (plus we keep an eye on tough-to-find stuff - - I actually managed to get Netflix Soundwave for two guys there at cost), good little community.

Edited by Msol, 21 April 2021 - 10:37 AM.

#2447 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 2167 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:08 AM

That comment about the shoulders reminds me. I saw something about a switch that needs to be pressed while trying to lock the shoulders into place. I didn't notice anything in the instructions when I was transforming him, and I didn't notice any switch when I was doing that step. I remember having a lot of trouble with it, and eventually something clicked into place. I still need to take a good look at those shoulders and try to figure out what the deal is with them.

#2448 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19538 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:40 PM

No "switch". You're probably referring to that spring-loaded clasp at front.  There's a release lever under his armpit for disconnecting it when going back to planet mode.

Edited by mx-01 archon, 21 April 2021 - 01:34 PM.

#2449 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32406 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:12 PM

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2450 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 32406 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:29 AM

Flint Dille and Ron Friedman to work on an as-yet-undecided Unicorn project... *IF* this monstrosity funds.

https://www.facebook...57683172371095/

This seems to be what it was:

https://www.facebook...515279458688161

"Revenge: The Return of Unicron"

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#2451 Blindmouse

Blindmouse

Ya need a cookie?

• Supporter
  • 6720 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 26 April 2021 - 12:53 PM

Anyone know what the point of the moving eyes are?

You can't really even see it in bot mode.

If they lit up it would be amazing, but as it is... It really seems like a lot of work for nothing.

#2452 Sciflyer

Sciflyer

Tomorrow's Harvest

• Citizen
  • 3843 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:22 PM

Maybe they originally intended for the eye covers to be clear?  Idk, it is a cool feature but it definitely gets lost regardless of which face you have attached.

#2453 Mouse_Pad

Mouse_Pad

Maker of Toy Box Comix

• Citizen
  • 9675 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 03:40 PM

When you don't have the face attached, he can look around to find his face.

#2454 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 9293 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:17 PM

They decided to give the guy who did the same gimmick on Metroplex a second chance. "It won't be completely pointless this time, I promise!"

#2455 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 3107 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:42 PM

Well, there was the scene in the episode where Starscream stole Metroplex and Trypticon's eyes that had the 'inside' of Unicron's face with the eyes rotating in to look at him and Scourge.  Maybe it's a reference to the inside of his head.  Or I might just be assuming at this point that everything in Transformers is a reference to something else and I'm not even close.

51140177817_7a9fe4e919_o.jpg

Edited by Platypus Prime, 26 April 2021 - 04:46 PM.

#2456 PlutoniumBoss

PlutoniumBoss

In whatever heinous realm that it squats...

• Citizen
  • 7429 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 26 April 2021 - 06:58 PM

The eye covers not being clear is only half of it. The eyes themselves don't have a lot of contrast. If you darken the pupil and brighten the iris, it might be more visible.

In need of BW Bonecrusher's missile, PM me if you have a spare.

#2457 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 3107 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 27 April 2021 - 02:59 PM

Anyone get their Unicron from BBTS yet?

"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#2458 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent