Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

@  PlutoniumBoss : (31 July 2020 - 03:04 PM)

Bueller? Bueller?

@  Jet : (31 July 2020 - 11:31 AM)

DONKEY!

@  Maximus Ambus : (31 July 2020 - 06:55 AM)

Spanner

@  Xaaron : (31 July 2020 - 06:49 AM)

Jetstorm

@  Nevermore : (31 July 2020 - 05:33 AM)

Tankor

@  SG Roadbuster : (31 July 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Overrun

@  lastmaximal : (31 July 2020 - 01:33 AM)

Buckethead

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 July 2020 - 07:15 PM)

Now I wonder how many Transformers we can name with the fewest possible different names.

@  Nevermore : (30 July 2020 - 06:38 PM)

Ransack. That's like another 20 or so.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

HasLab Unicron

1998 replies to this topic

#1981 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8740 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:34 PM

still looks better than mp arcees odd placement

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#1982 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30605 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:17 PM

That eight-pack still looks ridiculous. It was a six-pack in the movie and everywhere else, that would have been fine. With two more on top, it now extends way too high into his upper torso.

Do you even cut bro? Six packs are for quitters.

Man, I've a flabby zero-pack and darn proud of it! :D

Edited by Sabrblade, 23 May 2020 - 10:17 PM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1983 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52589 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 23 May 2020 - 10:33 PM

Ill be selling a 3rd party add-on to improve the look of the figure that covers the top two abs.

Its 75 cents worth of plastic so Ill be charging a mere $35

card-strongarm.jpg

#1984 Agent X

Agent X

These Ponies are holding on my heart like a handgrenade.

• Citizen
  • 2503 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 24 May 2020 - 02:44 AM

That eight-pack still looks ridiculous. It was a six-pack in the movie and everywhere else, that would have been fine. With two more on top, it now extends way too high into his upper torso.

Do you even cut bro? Six packs are for quitters.

Man, I've a flabby zero-pack and darn proud of it! :D

Wouldn't that just be "Planet mode"?

"Some people collect other characters like Jazz or Hot Shot and its encouraged, but I stockpile Cybertron Crosswises and that makes ME the strange one."

#1985 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3999 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 12:50 PM

Ill be selling a 3rd party add-on to improve the look of the figure that covers the top two abs.

Its 75 cents worth of plastic so Ill be charging a mere $35

Are you sure you don't want to charge $100? Minus P&P?

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#1986 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52589 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 08:21 PM

Oh its only $35 for the members here because Im a nice guy.

Regular price is $85

Edited by MrBlud, 24 May 2020 - 08:21 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#1987 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30605 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:32 PM

Keep us posted. When the big guy comes, you may have a few interested customers, here.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#1988 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19729 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:12 AM

I think it was a joke.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1989 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52589 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 01:18 PM

It most definitely was a joke.

Never thought you could Poes law stupid 3rd party addons but here we are. :D

card-strongarm.jpg

#1990 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4585 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 10:49 PM

If someone designs them for me, I can print them and sell them at my cost to Allsparkers.

#1991 CVReynolds

CVReynolds
  • Citizen
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:07 PM

Ridiculous or not, the 8-pack going that far up the torso is accurate to what such a thing looks like in real life. Google "Tony Nese" and be sure to include the quotes. In fact I made a "premier athlete" joke a bit back on here, but I don't think anyone got it...

But yeah, movie accuracy says he SHOULD have had the 6-pack. And that's how I would have designed it. I don't mind it, though. Movie accuracy also says he shouldn't have had any teeth in robot mode. I definitely like and want the teeth in robot mode.

#1992 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30605 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:10 PM

Movie accuracy also says he shouldn't have had any teeth in robot mode. I definitely like and want the teeth in robot mode.

This toy's teeth are optional, as one can choose to display them in the mouth or fold them away from view. It's a nice either-or option for those who wish choose between the toothless cartoon look or the toothy comics look.

#1993 CVReynolds

CVReynolds
  • Citizen
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:14 PM

Movie accuracy also says he shouldn't have had any teeth in robot mode. I definitely like and want the teeth in robot mode.

This toy's teeth are optional, as one can choose to display them in the mouth or fold them away from view. It's a nice either-or option for those who wish choose between the toothless cartoon look or the toothy comics look.

That is cool. Thank you for letting me know. It adds more to the extensive list of things Unicron can do. I wonder why I haven't seen any pictures of the teeth folded away, though? Did I miss it or did they not show what it looks like yet?

#1994 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18534 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:28 PM

070ece177b39c1e806ffb9728a9b6dd4.jpg

#1995 Telly

Telly

Kelp of discontent

• Retired Staff
  • 8740 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

4 or 6, i dont really care. its such a minor detail

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#1996 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30605 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:46 PM

That is cool. Thank you for letting me know. It adds more to the extensive list of things Unicron can do. I wonder why I haven't seen any pictures of the teeth folded away, though? Did I miss it or did they not show what it looks like yet?

It was in one of the early demonstrations of the figure's gimmicks. It's probably buried somewhere way back in this thread.

#1997 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19729 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:01 PM

It was in one of the early demonstrations of the figure's gimmicks. It's probably buried somewhere way back in this thread.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

#1998 CVReynolds

CVReynolds
  • Citizen
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:00 PM

Is it possible to have Unicron's mouth open and toothless at the same time, though? In the video I only see that the teeth can move up and down. Someone in the video even asks if the teeth are only springloaded or if they can stay down, but the other guy doesn't know.

#1999 Dake

Dake

Resident resident

• Supporter
  • 19729 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 08:45 AM

I suspect not. They definitely seem spring-loaded to come out as the mouth opens.

8ZSy6aw.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users