Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Rycochet : (05 March 2021 - 02:33 PM)

Better than my techniqueccutting off the outside world entirely and curling up in bed for months, barely eating or doing anything but sleep.

@  electricidad : (05 March 2021 - 09:03 AM)

WandaVision's message: Dealing with grief? Curl up with a good book.

@  tigerhawk : (05 March 2021 - 06:21 AM)

There's more S.cots in Appalachia then Scotland.

@  Stepwise : (04 March 2021 - 09:07 PM)

Wonko - I'm really sorry - I've been in that spot where everything is falling apart at the same time.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 04:49 PM)

a minivan which NOW sounds like it's on it's last legs. Christ, why is everything breaking now?!?!?

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 02:45 PM)

He's willing, but it's our parents minivan, and I'm half the labour.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 March 2021 - 02:34 PM)

Like anything; if they're willing to haul it away it's theirs.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 March 2021 - 12:44 PM)

And now my brother wants the old fridge, so instead of letting the delivery folk deal with it, I need to move it.

@  NovaSaber : (04 March 2021 - 11:53 AM)

I take objection to the idea that public health is "politics" just because some politicians don't listen to the experts.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:59 AM)

I was only replying to the general sentiment of the last three posts before mine.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

The person you replied to specifically gave the example of "limiting the amount of people in a facility".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:58 AM)

This wasn't about "lock[ing] everyone in the country down".

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:57 AM)

All I'm saying is there are lockdown and anti-lockdown people and hashing it out in the shoutbox on a toy forum is dumb.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

You don't have to lock everyone in the country down to mitigate risks in one population.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:56 AM)

Of course older people have it worse, but America is one of those countries where people ship their old people to homes far away from the action anyways.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

What ar you even trying to say, anyway? That we shouldn't complain about others increasing the danger more than necessary?

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:55 AM)

Frankly, there's a lot to say on this issue that can't be encompassed on the shoutbox and I really really don't want to have to deal with politics every single time I check the forums.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:54 AM)

To claim that this is about the people in the 20-40 range is also disingenuous.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:53 AM)

Essential workers and such are pretty fit on average which is an extra boon for them.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:51 AM)

It's not really a personal choice issue, it's a risk versus well, anything you want to do issue. Literally leaving the house results in potential exposure, mask or no. Overall, most of us who hang out here are 20-40, and our survival rate is comparable with some pretty out there statistics.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:39 AM)

Anybody who has to go out because of work or groceries or whatever can't just choose to avoid any potential disease-spreaders, for one thing.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (04 March 2021 - 10:38 AM)

Kind of disingenuous to frame this as just a personal choice issue.

@  fourteenwings : (04 March 2021 - 10:22 AM)

This whole "I can't handle people not me having the choice to not put on masks" thing's a bit much.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 March 2021 - 09:14 AM)

Hey, Florida is one of the most infected states, and we won't even shut down. We may use masks, but restaurants, clubs, you name it, those are still wide open. Also, what's limiting the amount of people in a facility again? :p

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 March 2021 - 08:57 PM)

Oklahoma is right there, apparently. Dang bible belt. Nice people, but not the smartest cookies I've seen.

@  Hg Dragon : (03 March 2021 - 08:52 PM)

Don't worry! COME TO TEXAS WHERE OUR IDIOT GOVENOR DECALRED THE STATE 100% OPEN AND ENDED THE MASK MANDATE!!!

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

Beyond just the not even being able to walk into most stores

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:21 PM)

No kidding, but right now: unless it's physically on the shelf in front of you: there's no clear idea when it'll be available. And that goes for just about everything.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 04:18 PM)

I've heard new appliances are hard to get, for some reason

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 04:13 PM)

And the new one we settled on is backlogged up to two months. Even better.

@  TM2-Megatron : (03 March 2021 - 11:59 AM)

I mean, it's not all bad. Disney's releasing Speed remastered on 4K

@  wonko the sane? : (03 March 2021 - 08:48 AM)

And now the fridge has died. So far 2021 has been WONDERFUL.

@  Hg Dragon : (01 March 2021 - 08:49 PM)

I'm upset I can't "Like" a shout...

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 February 2021 - 09:39 AM)

The US election? *rimshot*

@  Paladin : (28 February 2021 - 09:19 AM)

WHICH 2016 clown panic?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (28 February 2021 - 07:22 AM)

Didn't that come right after the 2016 clown panic? No way to make clowns not disturbing at the time, surely.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:26 AM)

The clown guise is supposed to lure kids in, it's no good if it looks sus in one glance.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:15 AM)

The new one tries too hard to be unsettling from the start. Curry's look is just a plain old clown, until he very much is not.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 February 2021 - 04:14 AM)

And Curry has a far more disturbing look at times than the newbie.

@  Sabrblade : (28 February 2021 - 02:22 AM)

And the original was a showcase of Tim Curry's delightfulness as an actor. 'Nuff said.

@  unluckiness : (27 February 2021 - 10:19 PM)

first one was a decent horror flick but the second was a mess plotwise and even the scares were worse

@  tigerhawk : (27 February 2021 - 04:57 PM)

Never understood the hype for the IT movies, too many floppy zombie chases, They're not in the least unsettling.

@  Maruten : (25 February 2021 - 06:00 PM)

It's better than the last one!

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:30 AM)

The new Wizards of the Coast logo looks stupid

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 February 2021 - 11:29 AM)

It's really rather shocking watching the Investor Day presentation and seeing how much Hasbro actually owns now.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 February 2021 - 10:26 AM)

If everyone had COMMON SENSE, then things would maybe go a little better-

@  repowers : (24 February 2021 - 05:33 PM)

If everyone would just have the exact same opinions as me then we wouldn't have this problem

@  Kalidor : (24 February 2021 - 01:49 PM)

It just depends on what it is. It is preferable to take it to P&R though. But sometimes current news as it's happening is less restrictive.

@  fourteenwings : (24 February 2021 - 12:18 AM)

Huh, good point (x3)

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 February 2021 - 11:46 AM)

Yeah. 1. People treat it like Twitter. 2. There's no "take it to P&R" since there's no P&R for the Shoutbox. 3. There's similarly no way to avoid either subjects or people in the Shoutbox since there's no division and it doesn't respect the ignore function, so people end up engaging when they normally wouldn't.

Photo
- - - - -

Unmade Animated S4 premiere - NEW detailed summary, pg. 2

72 replies to this topic

#41 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31983 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:21 AM

And now, Wiki pages are being written up for these.

https://tfwiki.net/w...egatron,_Part_1

https://tfwiki.net/w...egatron,_Part_2

https://tfwiki.net/w...egatron,_Part_3

Though, since both "Transform and Roll Out" and "TransWarped" are given singular pages despite their each being three-parter episodes, shouldn't the same be applied to "The Trial of Megatron"? After all, even though it never aired, it was still presented at TFNation as one feature.

Consistency is I'm suggesting.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#42 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9334 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:52 AM

In point of fact, the reading was actively split up into three "episodes" at the convention, with "commercial breaks" in between for people to get drinks, etc.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 02 September 2019 - 10:53 AM.

#43 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:57 AM

It would also be overly-long if all 3 parts were presented in one article.

#44 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24642 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:03 PM

The page for Transform and Roll Out is way huge from having all three parts together, though. It's like three times as long as Trial Part 1's page.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 02 September 2019 - 01:04 PM.

#45 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4024 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:16 PM

Why is that, anyway? Isn't wiki convention supposed to split them out by episodes?

#46 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:22 PM

No, they were aired as one singular thing and that'd be dumb.

#47 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24642 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:35 PM

Doesn't the same apply to Trial, then? I'm not sure how the breaks are a point of distinction unless the show premiere aired without commercial breaks.

#48 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9217 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:45 PM

Wasn't Transform and Roll Out produced as one movie and then chopped up for subsequent airings? (Same with Transwarped.)

#49 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23047 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

Pretty sure, yes

#50 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31983 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

I recall reading/hearing/seeing that the third part was actually added to the story once it was decided to make it a TV movie, as originally it was only going to be the first two parts.

Edited by Sabrblade, 02 September 2019 - 04:43 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#51 wadapan

wadapan
  • Citizen
  • 81 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:46 PM

wow, wasn't expecting the decision to make three pages instead of one to be controversial! I was initially back-and-forth on it myself, but upon seeing the sheer length of what we'd put together I realised it just wouldn't be manageable, and took the fact that - had these episodes aired - they probably would've been three separate things as an excuse to just split them out. In particular, the "quotes" section for any given episode usually just consists of highlights, but - for the purposes of having a historical record - I personally thought it was important to throw in literally every quote I managed to get down at the panel. Putting all of those together on one page would be absolutely monstrous, I think

(by the way, if anyone was at the panel and thinks we missed/misrepresented anything, please tell us or make the edit!)

anyway I didn't actually know I wanted a fourth season of Animated until I heard this outline - there's some stuff that feels like Beast Machines influence, which I'm super into

#52 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31983 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:42 PM

I was only asking about it because when the Season 1 and Season 3 three-part openers each aired as compilation movies first and then were split back into their individual episode formats during reruns, the Wiki pages for both of them were kept as single pages, and so I figured that had Season 4 been made its three-part opener may have likewise been first aired as one piece before getting rerun later as separate episodes.

Edited by Sabrblade, 02 September 2019 - 10:43 PM.

#53 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31983 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:27 AM

Reading through Part 3, this bit caught my attention:

“Okay city – talk to me,” says Sari as she uses her technopathy to commune with Kaon.

Had this episode made it to air, you just know that so many people would have been clamoring for this to be a sign that Trypticon Prison would later be revealed to actually be alive and transform into its dinosaur mode, just as they all wished for the Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be more than the mere buildings that they were.

Edited by Sabrblade, 03 September 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#54 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9334 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:32 AM

To be fair, when this one's plot involves the city transforming itself a set of rocket boosters so it can fly off the planet - which I interpreted as the Mini-Cons actually reconstructing it to be able to do this, though the text doesn't specifically state this, mentioning only them working in an "operations center" with schematics of the city - the idea of it being able to transform (or rebuilt to transform) into series-ending-level threat isn't that implausible.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 03 September 2019 - 10:40 AM.

#55 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 24642 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:37 AM

wow, wasn't expecting the decision to make three pages instead of one to be controversial! I was initially back-and-forth on it myself, but upon seeing the sheer length of what we'd put together I realised it just wouldn't be manageable, and took the fact that - had these episodes aired - they probably would've been three separate things as an excuse to just split them out. In particular, the "quotes" section for any given episode usually just consists of highlights, but - for the purposes of having a historical record - I personally thought it was important to throw in literally every quote I managed to get down at the panel. Putting all of those together on one page would be absolutely monstrous, I think

I'm not sure why huge size would really be a reason to split articles like this. I mean, the '86 movie and some (all?) of the live-action ones have absolutely massive articles. Plus, "probably would have" just feels like odd reasoning since it's not what actually happened.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 03 September 2019 - 10:38 AM.

#56 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Re: Citybots -- On a large enough time horizon, I feel certain we would have seen any citybot introduced transform.

Re: split vs together -- is there any actual ADVANTAGE to having it all on the same page that I'm not seeing?

#57 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52855 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

Reading through Part 3, this bit caught my attention:

“Okay city – talk to me,” says Sari as she uses her technopathy to commune with Kaon.

Had this episode made it to air, you just know that so many people would have been clamoring for this to be a sign that Trypticon Prison would later be revealed to actually be alive and transform into its dinosaur mode, just as they all wished for the Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be more than the mere buildings that they were.

And Omega was the ship...until he wasn't.

Giving buildings the names (and designs!) of Transformers that convert from buildings into robots is done 100% with the purpose of driving fans to "clamor for ____ to later be revealed to transform"

Otherwise you wouldn't do it in the first place. It's like complaining about people saying they want Devastator after you reveal two Constructicons.

No duh.

Edited by MrBlud, 03 September 2019 - 05:04 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#58 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 738 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:57 AM

Was this recorded?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, TFNation specifically prohibited recording of "The Trial of Megatron" reading.

Hopefully they recorded it.  Reminds me of many similar BotCon events that we were told not to record but never ended up online from the official source either...  :(

At least the scripts of those many script readings were put online years later. This one sounds like it'll never see a wider release. :(

Same with those last two Animated shorts that only played at BotCon 2009 and 2012. :wtf

I was at Botcon 2012. there is no "Good version" of that recording, official or otherwise because the microphones were busted at the panel.

sure would be nice if a former funpub employee could leak out a script, if only for archival reasons and the preservation of art/history. (especially since Buster Jones is no longer with us)

#59 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 31983 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

I was at Botcon 2012. there is no "Good version" of that recording, official or otherwise because the microphones were busted at the panel.

sure would be nice if a former funpub employee could leak out a script, if only for archival reasons and the preservation of art/history. (especially since Buster Jones is no longer with us)

The post that you quoted already said that all of the scripts did get released, and was lamenting the lack of release for the Animated shorts "Logo" and "Starscream's Fantasy".

#60 Wildwade

Wildwade

Stupid idiots won't let me in their crappy club for jerks.

• Citizen
  • 2846 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

Read the summaries.  Very interesting stuff, (and thanks to the people who compiled it.)

A good setup for would-be S4, although I'm not sure I care for Megatron just tossing all his loyal troops away.  That seems a more BW Megatron thing to do- I thought better of Animated Megs.  Was Sentinel intended to be killed after being strapped to the POKE and fired off like that?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users