Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

Photo
- - - - -

Unmade Animated S4 premiere - NEW detailed summary, pg. 2

72 replies to this topic

#41 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30386 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:21 AM

And now, Wiki pages are being written up for these.

https://tfwiki.net/w...egatron,_Part_1

https://tfwiki.net/w...egatron,_Part_2

https://tfwiki.net/w...egatron,_Part_3

Though, since both "Transform and Roll Out" and "TransWarped" are given singular pages despite their each being three-parter episodes, shouldn't the same be applied to "The Trial of Megatron"? After all, even though it never aired, it was still presented at TFNation as one feature.

Consistency is I'm suggesting.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#42 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9304 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:52 AM

In point of fact, the reading was actively split up into three "episodes" at the convention, with "commercial breaks" in between for people to get drinks, etc.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 02 September 2019 - 10:53 AM.

#43 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:57 AM

It would also be overly-long if all 3 parts were presented in one article.

#44 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23770 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:03 PM

The page for Transform and Roll Out is way huge from having all three parts together, though. It's like three times as long as Trial Part 1's page.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 02 September 2019 - 01:04 PM.

#45 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 4021 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:16 PM

Why is that, anyway? Isn't wiki convention supposed to split them out by episodes?

#46 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:22 PM

No, they were aired as one singular thing and that'd be dumb.

#47 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23770 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:35 PM

Doesn't the same apply to Trial, then? I'm not sure how the breaks are a point of distinction unless the show premiere aired without commercial breaks.

#48 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9212 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:45 PM

Wasn't Transform and Roll Out produced as one movie and then chopped up for subsequent airings? (Same with Transwarped.)

#49 Jenny

Jenny
  • Citizen
  • 23046 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

Pretty sure, yes

#50 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30386 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

I recall reading/hearing/seeing that the third part was actually added to the story once it was decided to make it a TV movie, as originally it was only going to be the first two parts.

Edited by Sabrblade, 02 September 2019 - 04:43 PM.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#51 wadapan

wadapan
  • Citizen
  • 81 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:46 PM

wow, wasn't expecting the decision to make three pages instead of one to be controversial! I was initially back-and-forth on it myself, but upon seeing the sheer length of what we'd put together I realised it just wouldn't be manageable, and took the fact that - had these episodes aired - they probably would've been three separate things as an excuse to just split them out. In particular, the "quotes" section for any given episode usually just consists of highlights, but - for the purposes of having a historical record - I personally thought it was important to throw in literally every quote I managed to get down at the panel. Putting all of those together on one page would be absolutely monstrous, I think

(by the way, if anyone was at the panel and thinks we missed/misrepresented anything, please tell us or make the edit!)

anyway I didn't actually know I wanted a fourth season of Animated until I heard this outline - there's some stuff that feels like Beast Machines influence, which I'm super into

#52 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30386 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:42 PM

I was only asking about it because when the Season 1 and Season 3 three-part openers each aired as compilation movies first and then were split back into their individual episode formats during reruns, the Wiki pages for both of them were kept as single pages, and so I figured that had Season 4 been made its three-part opener may have likewise been first aired as one piece before getting rerun later as separate episodes.

Edited by Sabrblade, 02 September 2019 - 10:43 PM.

#53 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30386 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:27 AM

Reading through Part 3, this bit caught my attention:

“Okay city – talk to me,” says Sari as she uses her technopathy to commune with Kaon.

Had this episode made it to air, you just know that so many people would have been clamoring for this to be a sign that Trypticon Prison would later be revealed to actually be alive and transform into its dinosaur mode, just as they all wished for the Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be more than the mere buildings that they were.

Edited by Sabrblade, 03 September 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#54 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9304 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:32 AM

To be fair, when this one's plot involves the city transforming itself a set of rocket boosters so it can fly off the planet - which I interpreted as the Mini-Cons actually reconstructing it to be able to do this, though the text doesn't specifically state this, mentioning only them working in an "operations center" with schematics of the city - the idea of it being able to transform (or rebuilt to transform) into series-ending-level threat isn't that implausible.

Edited by Chris McFeely, 03 September 2019 - 10:40 AM.

#55 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 23770 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:37 AM

wow, wasn't expecting the decision to make three pages instead of one to be controversial! I was initially back-and-forth on it myself, but upon seeing the sheer length of what we'd put together I realised it just wouldn't be manageable, and took the fact that - had these episodes aired - they probably would've been three separate things as an excuse to just split them out. In particular, the "quotes" section for any given episode usually just consists of highlights, but - for the purposes of having a historical record - I personally thought it was important to throw in literally every quote I managed to get down at the panel. Putting all of those together on one page would be absolutely monstrous, I think

I'm not sure why huge size would really be a reason to split articles like this. I mean, the '86 movie and some (all?) of the live-action ones have absolutely massive articles. Plus, "probably would have" just feels like odd reasoning since it's not what actually happened.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 03 September 2019 - 10:38 AM.

#56 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1816 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 03 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

Re: Citybots -- On a large enough time horizon, I feel certain we would have seen any citybot introduced transform.

Re: split vs together -- is there any actual ADVANTAGE to having it all on the same page that I'm not seeing?

#57 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 52537 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

Reading through Part 3, this bit caught my attention:

“Okay city – talk to me,” says Sari as she uses her technopathy to commune with Kaon.

Had this episode made it to air, you just know that so many people would have been clamoring for this to be a sign that Trypticon Prison would later be revealed to actually be alive and transform into its dinosaur mode, just as they all wished for the Metroplex and Fortress Maximus to be more than the mere buildings that they were.

And Omega was the ship...until he wasn't.

Giving buildings the names (and designs!) of Transformers that convert from buildings into robots is done 100% with the purpose of driving fans to "clamor for ____ to later be revealed to transform"

Otherwise you wouldn't do it in the first place. It's like complaining about people saying they want Devastator after you reveal two Constructicons.

No duh.

Edited by MrBlud, 03 September 2019 - 05:04 PM.

card-strongarm.jpg

#58 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 654 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:57 AM

Was this recorded?

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, TFNation specifically prohibited recording of "The Trial of Megatron" reading.

Hopefully they recorded it.  Reminds me of many similar BotCon events that we were told not to record but never ended up online from the official source either...  :(

At least the scripts of those many script readings were put online years later. This one sounds like it'll never see a wider release. :(

Same with those last two Animated shorts that only played at BotCon 2009 and 2012. :wtf

I was at Botcon 2012. there is no "Good version" of that recording, official or otherwise because the microphones were busted at the panel.

sure would be nice if a former funpub employee could leak out a script, if only for archival reasons and the preservation of art/history. (especially since Buster Jones is no longer with us)

#59 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30386 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

I was at Botcon 2012. there is no "Good version" of that recording, official or otherwise because the microphones were busted at the panel.

sure would be nice if a former funpub employee could leak out a script, if only for archival reasons and the preservation of art/history. (especially since Buster Jones is no longer with us)

The post that you quoted already said that all of the scripts did get released, and was lamenting the lack of release for the Animated shorts "Logo" and "Starscream's Fantasy".

#60 Wildwade

Wildwade

No, no. Finish sounding dumb, I'll wait.

• Citizen
  • 2767 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 03:02 PM

Read the summaries.  Very interesting stuff, (and thanks to the people who compiled it.)

A good setup for would-be S4, although I'm not sure I care for Megatron just tossing all his loyal troops away.  That seems a more BW Megatron thing to do- I thought better of Animated Megs.  Was Sentinel intended to be killed after being strapped to the POKE and fired off like that?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users