Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (20 November 2019 - 04:14 PM)

Why has there been no new Minerva toys? I’m surprised at Takara. The Titan Master head doesn’t count.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 November 2019 - 01:05 PM)

On my shelf I have Ginrai donning the Star Convoy armor.

@  Liege : (19 November 2019 - 07:42 AM)

That he is.

@  Benbot : (18 November 2019 - 04:01 PM)

And a good boy

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Hound is at least a very good toy.

@  ThunderWear : (18 November 2019 - 09:11 AM)

Hound is the only other one that even comes close to Chromia in my area, and he ships in two separate waves.

@  Liege : (18 November 2019 - 08:58 AM)

This might be how they finally get rid of all the Chromias. I've not seen a shelfwarmer like that in ages.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 08:26 PM)

It's a good deal if you want a full set of Refraktor (and if they have them at your location)

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 November 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Here we can buy two and get one free, but at least two of them are gonna be the same toy, because lol distribution.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 01:01 PM)

In the U.K., it’s more like you but two, you only get one given how expensive they are.

@  RichardT1977 : (17 November 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Transformers are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week.

@  Bass X0 : (17 November 2019 - 04:29 AM)

2019 has been one long South Park episode.

@  Sjogre : (16 November 2019 - 10:46 PM)

Okay, that actually sounds pretty fun.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 12:49 PM)

It was set in the forties, featured Nazi's as the villains and had Kiko fight mostly Ice Age animals and a mythical dragon that now ruled the island guarding Kongs treasure.

@  Paladin : (15 November 2019 - 11:37 AM)

and it was ALSO eleven hours long.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 November 2019 - 10:55 AM)

In a alternate reality Peter Jackson made Son of Kong.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 November 2019 - 09:30 AM)

To be fair to boba: everyone else to go into the sarlacc was a sacrifice. Stripped almost naked and tossed, and didn't have body armor, a jetpack and a weapon.

@  TheMightyMol... : (15 November 2019 - 06:54 AM)

Nah, he just has to keep up his plot insurance payments so he can shoot his way out of the Sarlacc again.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (15 November 2019 - 02:59 AM)

Funny, but everyone knows he bounty hunts for Jabba Hutt to finance his 'Vette.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (15 November 2019 - 02:54 AM)

Okay.. Not sure why.. but streaming is harder than jsut playing the game.. even though that's pretty much what I was doing.

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

Photo
- - - - -

Unmade Animated S4 premiere - NEW detailed summary, pg. 2

72 replies to this topic

#1 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9911 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 July 2019 - 02:47 AM

Take all of this with a grain of salt:

For some time now the staff of TFNation have been dropping cryptic hints of something big to come. Fans have speculated that this year's TFNation could have an officially sponsored exclusive product.

The Twitter account of TFNation mascot Genny has tweeted about the resemblance of Brunt to the Mark V Guardian Droid from the Marvel G1 comic, though no identifiable plastic has been leaked on Chinese social media.

Now, the TFNation Twitter account has separately tweeted '10 years', '2 months', and '25 days', which has recently been interpreted by fans as the length of time between the finale broadcast date of Transformers Animated, 23 May 2009, and the first day of TFNation this year, 16 August 2019.

What could it be?

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#2 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 3033 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:10 AM

I love how nineties the Guardian units all look, given how they were early to mid eighties. Can't say I think any of them look like Brunt though.

#3 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29021 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 July 2019 - 08:47 AM

If anything, Brunt oughta get a simple redeco into this:

Stormbringer2_Centuriondroids.jpg

I mean, the idea practically goes without saying.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2135 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:22 AM

Here is my predictions, in order of likelihood:

1) Trial and Error, the unofficial fanmade graphic novel finale to Transformers Animated released at a previous TFnation, is getting reprinted, and said reprint has been officially approved by Hasbro, making it the canonical Animated finale.

2) Some sort of Animated revival, like a direct-to-tv movie finale is being produced, and it will be announced/have a trailer/have some early footage shown there.

3) Similar to the above, but it's been completed, and will have a surprise viewing there (less likely because we'd have heard of it).

4) An exclusive run of Animated toys is being released at the convention, perhaps the unreleased-in-the-west molds, like Wingblade Prime, Hydrodive Bee, and Blackout (if this was happening, we'd likely have seen some leaks by now).

Edited by Fear or Courage, 05 July 2019 - 09:22 AM.

#5 unluckiness

unluckiness

curry on rice

• Citizen
  • 19745 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:28 AM

Erector and whoever from that Micromaster two-pack

xOyvpt9.png

#6 The Phazer

The Phazer

Pipes LIVES.

• Citizen
  • 12439 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:34 PM

Seems like it's a script read performance of the Animated S4 opener.

Have to say, I really doubt Hasbro UK will ever be on the ball enough to actually produce an exclusive.

#7 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40538 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:36 PM

snippet of Sari's hair

#8 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9911 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:41 PM

https://twitter.com/tfnationltd/status/1147203633701896195

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#9 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9911 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:55 PM

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#10 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29021 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Welp, sucks for all of us who can't go overseas to attend this. :(

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#11 HellCat

HellCat

Opinionated idiot

• Citizen
  • 28707 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

Welp, sucks for all of us who can't go overseas to attend this. :(

Oh hey, it's me with practically every hugging geek thing of interest ever. Especially in the last 3 years.

#12 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9911 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:58 AM

TFW2005 admin Sol Fury's bullet points from "The Trial of Megatron" season premiere outline reading:

• The Protoforms are handed over to the Cyber Ninjas and their new sensei, Dai Atlas.
  • Sari is not one of the protoforms. She’s something else.
  • A wake is held for Prowl.
  • Ultra Magnus dies and names Optimus Prime as his sucessor.
  • Sentinel Prime bribes Bumblebee with a spot on the Elite Guard to endorse him as Ultra Magnus’ successor. This drives a wedge between him and the rest of the team. He later reconciles by refusing to follow along with Sentinel’s bribery.
  • Ratchet and the other science bots build Sentinel Prime a “Powermaster” armor suit.
  • Ironhide and Jazz become members of Team Prime.
  • Omega Supreme has a hard time fitting in on Cybertron as people view him as a weapon of mass destruction. Omega decides to dedicate himself to saving lives.
  • The Decepticons attack the Energon farm Bulkhead came from. Obsidian leads the attack. A later raid sees Team Prime sans Bumblebee fight Strika’s Team Charr.
  • Sentinel gets played by Megatron, first leading the Elite Guard on a wild goose chase then distracting everyone with a public trial.
  • Rattrap (here named Rattletrap) is Megatron’s defence attorny. He gets Megatron off all charges.
  • Megatron launches Trypticon Prison into space.
  • Optimus (using the Powermaster armour) leads his team on Omega Supreme in pursuit. Bulkhead stays behind on Cybertron to fix the damage Trypticon launching caused.
  • Omega VS Trypticon leads to Omega being damaged and remaining in ship mode.
  • Optimus and crew (minus Ratchet) break into Trypticon prison and knock the rocket city’s power offline by overloading the power grid.
  • Megatron throws his soldiers into the city’s reactor in a desperate bid to keep the prison powered (Lugnut jumps in willingly)
  • After a showdown with Optimus Prime, Trypticon prison crashes to Earth – landing on top of Dinobot Island.

And a few more bits of information from Marty Isenberg's Sunday panel, some of which have already been published in the AllSpark Almanacs.

• Powermaster Prime was a Hasbro request to allow Hasbro to release a larger size / priced character. Marty worked it into the premiere.
  • Hasbro also requested flames on Optimus, movie-style. This would have been a repaint on the toy. It popped up in the outline as signifier of a high honour awarded to Optimus.
  • Focus would have been on Mini-Cons, but the other Decepticons would have eventually come back.
  • Megatron was completely losing it at this point in the story. Described as "not quite Beast Machines genocidal, but on the way there"
  • Marauder Megatron was a Hasbro request, they wanted a triple changer design. Intended to make Megatron a huge threat to the point he didn't need minions.
  • Writers never figured out exactly where Sari was going. But her journey was the story of Transformers Animated - idea was the finale would have been the end of her journey.
  • Beachcomber was intended for Season 3. He was supposed to catch Longarm turning into Shockwave. His reaction? "Dude, not cool". Then Shockwave kills him. This was cut for time.
  • Beachcomber was then intended for a scene in Season 4. Blackout would have killed him.
  • If the Beachcomber scene hadn't happened in Season 4, he'd have died in Season 5. Marty didn't like Beachcomber.
  • Unicron considered "too big for Animated"
  • No plans to have had Megatron become Galvatron in Animated.
  • Shattered Glass episode was intended for Season 3. It got bumped when the Season 3 opener was made into a three party.
  • Marty doesn't remember who would have been on Slipstream's own team of Decepticons.
  • Optimus as a young leader was Marty's idea. He likes writing underdogs and characters with something to prove rather than big heroes.
  • Blitzwing as a character was born from Marty wanting to write a character who turns into anything. Because that didn't work as a toy, Derrick Wyatt suggested using a triple changer. Marty then came up with three personalities. Derrick was then inspired by He-Man's Man-E-Faces. In-show origin would have involved Blackarachnia and been told in Season 4.
  • There was a running joke about having a transforming character called "Tractor". He'd have been an Energon farmer.
  • Blurr was not intended to come back - he was "gone and dead" as far as Marty was concerned. But, the Botcon story where Blurr is revived "is canon. Sure. Why not?"
  • Team Charr were not specifically planned to be used (no stories built around them) but Marty thinks they would have "inevitably" been used.
  • Ratchet probably ran off with Omega Supreme as the Ark, and nobody else knew rather than him being intentionally given to Optimus.
  • Characters like Red Alert and Rodimus would have been recurring characters.
  • Marty thinks Obsidian in the treatment may have been a slip on his part, and could have been Strika in the final cut.
  • No plans for more flying Autobots.
  • Human villains were phased out - "fell by the wayside" - as the series progressed. Not a Hasbro pushback.
  • The timeslot for the Unicron Trilogy and Animated was based on a deal. The first run was on a decent timeslot but if the ratings were not good, it'd be moved to an earlier timeslot.
  • Cartoon Network wanted Marty and the crew to "age up" the show for season 3, to reflect the network's other shows at the time (specifically the new Ben 10 and Clone Wars)
  • Bulkhead was the first character Derrick Wyatt designed.
  • Lockdown was based on wanting a version of Death's Head that Hasbro could own.
  • Chances of actually seeing a new season "slim to none". Comic a smaller investment, but up to IDW to decide if they want to do it. Marty would be happy to write it.
  • Marty says if you want to know more, get the Allspark Almanacs.

Edited by SHIELD Agent 47, 20 August 2019 - 03:01 AM.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

#13 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16877 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:23 AM

"Rattletrap gets Megatron acquitted" is clearly the most interesting part of all that.

"We never really had an endgame for Sari" is the most disappointing.

#14 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 26944 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:20 AM

No part of this is satisfying. It might have been in its originally expected context of being followed by the whole season of episodes it was setting up for, but as things stand I feel like I was happier not knowing.

#15 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 66029 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:22 AM

Was this recorded?

ACItEK8.png

#16 Jalaguy

Jalaguy

won't hold Six Shot upside-down.

• Staff
  • 9621 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:51 AM

Something Marty talked about a bit was that "The Trial of Megatron" and the status quo it sets up don't represent the original concept for a fourth season - there had already been a bunch of back and forth with Hasbro by the time the treatments got written.

The crew's early intent back when the show was starting was that it would transition towards being more Beast-Era-y around S3, S4, and when the time came to properly develop S4, initially they were like "okay, Megatron is done now, let's move onto a new threat, maybe Predacons", but Hasbro wanted to keep Megatron, and more generally to keep things as mostly vehicular Autobots vs. Decepticons. Having enjoyed "This Is Why I Hate Machines", the crew also then considered a season 4 that would be primarily Cybertron-based, but again there was Hasbro pushback.

Ultimately, for the idea of the show continuing to even be entertained, Hasbro needed it to hew as close to the 2007 film as possible, so the crew essentially ended up constrained to "the five Autobots from the movie versus Megatron on Earth". Hasbro created some mockups of the five Autobots (seen in the Almanac!), including Ratchet in green and Optimus with flame deco. The crew didn't really want the flames, so wrote Optimus as getting them only temporarily during the opening episodes.

Edited by Jalaguy, 20 August 2019 - 07:53 AM.

#17 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 29021 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

And now there's a petition going to get IDW to make Animated Season 4 in comic form.

https://www.change.o...season-4-comics

#18 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1794 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

Marty also stress that this was very much a first draft. They would have needed to hammer it into shape to fit into a real 3 episode structure, they would have needed to get all the proper Hasbro approvals. The lack of action in episode 1 I think would have had to change.

#19 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22909 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:13 AM

Is it like, standard practice for Hasbro to make specific demands even before they could confirm whether or not it's actually getting made?

#20 Jim S

Jim S

Evil Genius

• Citizen
  • 1794 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:25 AM

No part of this is satisfying. It might have been in its originally expected context of being followed by the whole season of episodes it was setting up for, but as things stand I feel like I was happier not knowing.

I feel like you're perhaps coming at this with the wrong mindset. Like, this is NOT designed to provide any closure. Far from it. It's designed specifically to blow open the rather closed ending that we DID get. Season premier and all that. It's not SUPPOSED to be satisfying, it's supposed to be intriguing and make you wonder what's going to happen next.

Contrast to, say, Trial and Error, which Chris and I did unofficially. That project took some of the same broad brushstrokes (Sari's encounter with Prowl from the AllSpark, Megatron on trial, attacks on the Energon Farms) but specifically tried to tie it all up and put a bow on it. Different goals, so we produced a different story.

Is it like, standard practice for Hasbro to make specific demands even before they could confirm whether or not it's actually getting made?

100%. Hasbro generally asks for quite a bit of development before a project gets to the place where they're comfortable giving the green light.

"Rattletrap gets Megatron acquitted" is clearly the most interesting part of all that.

It played very well. It also highlighted a little in-joke in the Trial and Error book that I rather enjoyed. Marty had asked me not to share info about Rattletrap as the defender, so we of course respected that. But we did have Sentinel object to Optimus as defense counsel, with the line "we have perfectly good public defenders" while gesturing to a clearly overwhelmed Rattletrap dropping his notes. The joke works on its own I think, but has an extra layer once you find out that indeed that was another likely path for the multiverse to take.

Edited by Jim S, 20 August 2019 - 11:28 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users