I only want movie Prime. Are they really not sold separately?
No seriously... I've compared images of the two, and I barely see any differences. Not nearly enough to warrant this purchase.
Standard retail (using both Hasbro and Takara images here under the impression that both figures are virtually indistinguishable):
Let's see, we have:
- Black paint on the tops of the shoulders removed.
- Autobot insignias added to both shoulders.
- Blue paint added to the backs of the hands.
- Red plastic hinges underneath the windows painted silver.
- Paint for the belly changed from silver to flat gray, some additional red highlights added.
- Paint for the sides of the belly changed from black to red.
- Paint for hip painels changed from black to silver.
- Paint for front of the crotch changed from black to flat gray to match the rest of the crotch.
- Red circles on shin panels changed to silver, matching the surrounding area.
- In alternate mode, it appears the only visible changes are the hip panels.
The two-pack's colors also look a little flatter, but that might just be due to the photo setup. Takara's photos (which I assume are still taken by Part One) are typicalle done against a dark backdrop, which is then digitally removed, which in turn sometimes results in a very artificial look, whereas Hasbro's photos are done against a white backdrop, resulting in a slightly more natural look.
Edited by Nevermore, 06 July 2019 - 06:22 AM.