Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (23 August 2019 - 11:10 AM)

Morthrax in season 1, Morthrey in season 2 (and I spelled them phonetically; I don't know the official spellings)

@  Paladin : (23 August 2019 - 10:48 AM)

*WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!?!?!*

@  Sabrblade : (23 August 2019 - 09:22 AM)

MARTHAAAAAAAA!!

@  ▲ndrusi : (23 August 2019 - 08:44 AM)

Martia, Martia, Martia!

@  Maximus Ambus : (23 August 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Mor-taxian actually or Motheren, I forget.

@  Pennpenn : (23 August 2019 - 03:40 AM)

They're from Maritius?

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 August 2019 - 07:13 PM)

AK AK AKAKAK

@  RichardT1977 : (22 August 2019 - 07:08 PM)

He's a MARTIAN!

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 August 2019 - 02:35 AM)

No changes with me. To life immortal.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 August 2019 - 01:13 PM)

A French version named Eht Reht. Oh wait...

@  wonko the sane? : (21 August 2019 - 11:07 AM)

The most dangerous words in the english language: "I have money..."...

@  TheMightyMol... : (21 August 2019 - 04:43 AM)

Zombie version, Hot Rot.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 August 2019 - 01:58 AM)

A chef version named Hot Pot.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 August 2019 - 01:57 AM)

Does that hold true for the accent of any British Allsparkers here?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (21 August 2019 - 01:56 AM)

I was reading some GoBots + Transformers discussion on Twitter and saw a British user point out that "BuggyMan" can sound like "boogeyman".

@  Otaku : (20 August 2019 - 11:28 PM)

@Sabrblade Part of me wishes I had purchased the coffee cup with that comic when it was for sale.  The rest of me knows I didn't have the money for it. XD

@  Sabrblade : (20 August 2019 - 07:59 PM)

That's the Superdeformers version. He uses the MacGuffix to warm up his coffee.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 August 2019 - 07:56 PM)

A bodybuilder version named Hot Bod.

@  unluckiness : (20 August 2019 - 07:43 PM)

A psychedelic-colored repaint named Pot Rod

@  Sean Whitmore : (20 August 2019 - 07:42 PM)

Runner-up dumb idea: A Bizarro-like clone of Hot Rod named Not Rod.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 August 2019 - 06:25 PM)

One of the dumbest TF ideas I ever had: Hot Rod (by whatever means) produces a son, who is named "Go-Cart".

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 06:06 PM)

In its current form, DS9 is eventually going to fade from the public consciousness. Even on modern top-of-the-line displays, those old SD masters look like trash, and there's only so long younger generations will be able to stomach them. I can only imagine how they'll look when everyone has ultra-short throw projectors casting 120" images on their walls

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 06:05 PM)

It's definitely offputting, but Trek is one property I'd be willing to hold my nose and open my wallet for. I care far more about DS9 being available in the long-term, and for future generations, than my distaste for corporate greed

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:39 PM)

'Pay up now and fund this remaster we'll be able to profit from for decades, as this will be your only chance to get that show you like on BluRay... Until the superdeluxe re-release with even more stuff and a metal box.'

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:14 PM)

Stuff they're intending to remaster anyway for their streaming service would become crowdfunding projects.

@  Rycochet : (20 August 2019 - 05:09 PM)

I love DS9, but there is something offputting about giving money direct to Viacom for a project like this, probably because it would set a bad precedent. Given how moneygrubbing they are, it would quickly become their go-to solution for any old show they want remastered rather than dipping their hands in their own deep pockets.

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 August 2019 - 02:48 PM)

A crowdfunding probably wouldn't be that outrageous. The DS9 Documentary "What We Left Behind" that was recently released on blu-ray managed to raise nearly $650,000 on IndieGoGo. Imagine how much fans might contribute if it were guaranteed the remaster would happen provided the goal was reached.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 August 2019 - 04:10 AM)

Let me call on my friend Dr Rockso, the Rock 'n Roll Clown. (He does cocaine.)

@  Nutjob R/T : (20 August 2019 - 12:48 AM)

New crowdfunding project: We need to get enough nose candy for the Paramount execs to keep 'em up long enough to get DS9 squeezed out

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 04:36 PM)

They're hideously cheap. I'm just glad some decision maker in the upper echelons stayed high as a kite for long enough for us to get TOS, TNG and TAS on blu-ray

@  Rycochet : (19 August 2019 - 04:16 PM)

Paramount are kinda cheap and Ds9 isn't popular enough for them to go all out on a remaster.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:37 PM)

Or hell, they could just shorten a season of Discovery by 2-3 episodes and that'd pay for the DS9 remaster in full (assuming the 8 to 8.5 million per episode for Discovery that was reported a while back is accurate)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Redoing some of the more simple effects like phasers and transporters and whatnot (basically what they've already had practice doing for TNG)

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 August 2019 - 03:30 PM)

They could scan and rebuild the film elements, and then upscale the original CGI only (provided it still exists as separate footage)

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:33 PM)

Basically its in the same situation as DS9 IIRC with loss of models and how the CGI was applied to the existing footage.

@  Dekafox : (19 August 2019 - 02:32 PM)

Not gonna happen unless they recreate all the CGI from scratch, unfortunately. Or just upscale the broadcast masters, which would be basically pointless.

@  Maximus Ambus : (19 August 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Babylon 5 must come to Blu Ray.

@  MEDdMI : (19 August 2019 - 07:28 AM)

Even in the winter, he has to clear the roads of snow.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 August 2019 - 03:46 AM)

His work is never done.

@  Pennpenn : (19 August 2019 - 03:06 AM)

Everyone quickly gets sick of flubbing the name and collectively agree to just call the combiner "Roadworks"

@  Sabrblade : (18 August 2019 - 09:34 PM)

For some reason, I've always wanted to see a "Menastator", all five Stunticons and all six Constructicons in an 11-piece combiner.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 01:35 PM)

Dunno what we'd call a Megatron combiner, we almost got a Megastator in IDW but nothing in Combiner Wars.

@  Paladin : (18 August 2019 - 01:30 PM)

somehow read that as "Megachronic." wonder if Decepticons get the munchies...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 August 2019 - 11:30 AM)

Skywarp can barely form a coherent sentence half the time.

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 August 2019 - 11:24 AM)

If Cyclonus combines into Galvatronus, does Skywarp form Megatronic?

@  Pennpenn : (18 August 2019 - 09:12 AM)

There's something weird about starting to type Good Omens into a media store's search bar and having it come up with Queen's greatest hits compliations.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (18 August 2019 - 12:07 AM)

Well then they need to re-release Vector Prime. :D Of course I would accept Vector Prime Headmaster with Alpha Trion as the head.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

That said, the bendy sword is ridiculous.

@  unluckiness : (18 August 2019 - 12:05 AM)

I dunno, the old one is still pretty good by modern standards and the clunkiness is somewhat in-character.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (17 August 2019 - 08:37 PM)

We need a new vector prime

Photo
- - - - -

making a poll about anime; let me know what you think about anime by answering the poll

anime poll i miss my wife karen come back im sorry for calling you a tsundere when you got mad that i spent the entirety of the kids college fund on anime and anime merchandise please forgive me

30 replies to this topic

Poll: making a poll about anime; let me know what you think about anime by answering the poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Is anime "cool" or is it "for nerds"

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What is your favorite anime?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Who's your favorite character in Naruto?

Did you enjoy this poll?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8736 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:38 AM

Hey guys, I'm making a poll about anime. Please answer the questions and let me know what you think, and feel free to discuss the poll and/or anime in general in the comments below. Thanks for watching; remember to like, comment, and subscribe!

#2 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

ready to punch a shark in the arctic who is actually a whale

• Supporter
  • 61994 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:03 AM

this poll, while good -seems biased toward a particular show, but otherwise Anime is cool. 

#3 MEDdMI

MEDdMI

Is It October Yet?

• Supporter
  • 13511 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:12 AM

NULL VOTE
Maybe now Karen will come back

#4 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

ready to punch a shark in the arctic who is actually a whale

• Supporter
  • 61994 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

who's Karen? was She cute? 

#5 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 27269 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:22 AM

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#6 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knights Final Fantasy!

• Staff
  • 13245 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:03 AM

this poll, while good -seems biased toward a particular show, but otherwise Anime is cool.

And its probably the one show i've never watched anything of, except the abridged paradies. :)

One Punch Saiyaman sounds cool though. ;)

I wonder if his finall would be the Kame Hame Normal Punch.

Edited by GodSentinelOmega, 26 June 2019 - 11:04 AM.

fslookup.jpg

#7 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8736 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:52 PM

God I forgot i made this thread. why did i do this

I've never even watched Naruto 

#8 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 27269 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

german naruto theme

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#9 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7112 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:59 AM

sure

SURE

WsuGTl1.jpg

#10 Patch

Patch
  • Retired Staff
  • 34730 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

sure

SURE
Hey, I

Spoiler

#11 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8736 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:33 PM

Naruto was just the most normie anime i could think of, so i leaned into it and wrote the poll under the concept of being a person who hasn't heard of much anime outside the mainstream

My Hero Academia would've be a more topical and recent one to reference but i haven't picked up any of the character names through osmosis for that one so it was more limited in what i could do with it. Plus Naruto is more of a meme

#12 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 27269 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:44 PM

um actually the proper title is my no boku hero academia

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#13 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 25949 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:46 PM

Ghost Rider.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#14 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8736 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:02 AM

oh yeah, another piece of bonus lore for this thread: i was originally going to make one of the answers to question two "Neon [name of a sega console] Evangelion". I scrapped the idea because I'd set up a conceptual voice for the poll as a person who wasn't aware of very much anime outside of things that have achieved mainstream popularity with an english speaking audience. While Evangelion fits the bill in that respect, especially with recent netflix release, the very self aware and intentional nature of swapping the word Genesis for a different sega console clashed with the more "the poll author is the butt of the joke" nature the other entries, so i decided against the inclusion of that particular gag. However, I did consider it long enough that i looked up various sega consoles to see which one had a name that most easily replace "Genesis" while keeping some semblance of the rhythm that Evangelion's title is spoken with, hence my discovery of the tidbit about the Master System's success in Brazil and that tidbit's subsequent inclusion in the poll.

don't say i never put any thought into these

#15 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 49799 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:22 AM

Foffy you're the best. X] Hugs

Edit: Oh my god the tags

Edited by Copper Bezel, 28 June 2019 - 04:24 AM.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#16 tec

tec

My love to KyoAni

• Supporter
  • 30745 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:47 AM

First question

Anime is fine its fun form of entertanment

Second Question

Top 5 anime series are

Tenchi...any of them

Burst Angel

Kiddy Grade

Clannad

Ghost in the Shell SAC

Fave characters in anime are

Mihoshi

Cumin from Love Chiboro and other delusions

Eclare

Major Kusinagi

Last question

I did not enjoy the poll it focused on anime and characters I don't like and would never watch

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#17 unluckiness

unluckiness

That's me!

• Citizen
  • 19356 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:44 AM

Naruto is garbage saved from being the worst shonen ever by the fact that One Piece is somehow still chugging along.

Speaking of garbage wow, wtah are those lists above this post. It's like rage clickbait but I didn't even mouse over it before being assaulted with poor taste. 

Semi relevant:

Edited by unluckiness, 28 June 2019 - 06:45 AM.

xOyvpt9.png

#18 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1732 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:06 AM

I just came in to ask how this thread had gone this long without mentioning the best anime in the whole world at all.

Do you want to know what it is?

Well TOUGH LUCK

Spoiler

Second Question

Top 5 anime series are

Tenchi...any of them

Burst Angel

Kiddy Grade

Clannad

Ghost in the Shell SAC

Do you only watch things from when Funimation was obsessed with making people from Osaka sound like Texans.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Elon Musk's 'Biggest Fan'✰

#19 tec

tec

My love to KyoAni

• Supporter
  • 30745 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:40 AM

First thing my taste are not bad there different been watching anime for a very long time I form my own opinion about it I am not a sheep rarely do I watch anime that is "a crowd favorite" I like to reach for something a bit different

Second I have no idea that Ghost in the Shell had a character with a "Texan draw"

Burst Angel dose but that because is has a slight western slant the main mecha is called Jango for crying out loud Meg wears a Cowboy hat so I think the that its kinda allowed in that situation

Clannad has nothing like that

And I'm not sure about Kiddy Grade they go to a ton of different planets one might be that way

Most of Tenchi was not even done by Funamation

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#20 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22439 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:51 AM

Second I have no idea that Ghost in the Shell had a character with a "Texan draw"
Burst Angel dose but that because is has a slight western slant the main mecha is called Jango for crying out loud Meg wears a Cowboy hat so I think the that its kinda allowed in that situation
Clannad has nothing like that
And I'm not sure about Kiddy Grade they go to a ton of different planets one might be that way
Most of Tenchi was not even done by Funamation

He isn't saying that those specific shows are ones with Texan accents and Funimation dubs, just that they're all from approximately the same time period as many(?) such shows.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 28 June 2019 - 09:51 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, poll, i miss my wife, karen come back, im sorry for calling you a, tsundere when you got mad, that i spent the entirety of, the kids college fund on, anime and anime merchandise, please forgive me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users