Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (25 June 2019 - 07:06 AM)

I reject your canon and substitute my own

@  unluckiness : (25 June 2019 - 12:32 AM)

Answer: It doesn't matter because even if there was one, it was never relevant in S1 and it got blown up with his original body

@  PlutoniumBoss : (24 June 2019 - 10:55 PM)

Most people think Transformers canon is a series of discrete parallel lines, really it's more like a big ball of canony-wanony... stuff.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (24 June 2019 - 06:31 PM)

Hate to say this, but the simple answer is that you are thinking too hard and realistically, it does not matter.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 June 2019 - 04:57 PM)

Don't tell me what to do.

@  Paladin : (24 June 2019 - 04:16 PM)

don't cross the streams.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM)

Or is this what AVP meant when he said that condradictory streams formed the JG1 timeline?

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:25 PM)

I don't like that idea.

@  tffan01 : (24 June 2019 - 02:24 PM)

In Ask Vector Prime, it was mentioned that in the Beast Wars 2 universe, Convoys all have Energon Matrices and that when Optimus Primal from the Japanese Beast Wars stream was transported to the Beast Wars 2 stream, his history was subtly altered that he too possessed an Energon Matrix. What does this mean? That Beast Wars 2 is actually not canon to the Japanese Beast Wars?

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 08:54 AM)

yeah, I've got a few others that I need to check out/get removed. The nose one is small but annoying since I hit it every time I blow my nose.

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 08:46 AM)

Try to get a histopath examination if it isn't too expensive over there. It's probably just a mole but I'd think certainty would be better.

@  MEDdMI : (24 June 2019 - 07:59 AM)

@unluckiness I know, plan to get it removed but gotta get an appt first

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

oops... typed that in the wrong field. :)

@  Gizmoboy : (24 June 2019 - 07:50 AM)

gizmoboy

@  unluckiness : (24 June 2019 - 03:18 AM)

That is not a good thing, especially in the long term

@  MEDdMI : (23 June 2019 - 10:17 PM)

So who wants to hear about this mole on my nose that I keep scratching open

@  NotVeryKnightly : (23 June 2019 - 09:24 PM)

Yeah, it's kind of defeating the purpose of making political discussions more restricted if you're just gonna go at it elsewhere on this site.

@  Telly : (23 June 2019 - 07:06 PM)

that would probly fit better in the p & r thread. its there for things just like this

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:29 PM)

The citizens resisted by buying up all the town's beer reserves so the Nazis would have to stay sober the entire time.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:28 PM)

Meanwhile, congratulations civil resistance, part 2: So a group of Nazis were holding one of their Good Old Times Reenactment festivals in a small East German town.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:26 PM)

It's basically like an anti-Trump candidate winning Texas.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:25 PM)

The mayoral elections of Istanbul are considered to be a key indicator for the political climate in the entire country.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:24 PM)

This time, it was a landslide victory for the opposition's candidate.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:23 PM)

After president Erdogan had a court revoke the results of the mayoral election of Istanbul after the opposition party's candidate had won by a small margin, the election was repeated today.

@  Nevermore : (23 June 2019 - 03:21 PM)

Congratulations, democracy part 1: Today is a historic day for Turkey.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 June 2019 - 02:31 PM)

Convert, does he timeout?

@  unluckiness : (23 June 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Did he form the feet and legs or the arms and body?

@  Patch : (22 June 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Nah, he was one of the Lions

@  MEDdMI : (22 June 2019 - 04:45 PM)

Is he a Shellformer

@  Nevermore : (22 June 2019 - 12:38 PM)

Supposedly it's about that football player Calvin Johnson.

@  Pennpenn : (22 June 2019 - 07:03 AM)

I'm vaguely confused why there is a Nicki Minaj song in my youtube reccomendations, but even more confused as to why that song (which appears to be from an official account) is called "MEGATRON".

@  Liege : (21 June 2019 - 10:03 PM)

Alpha Q all night long.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 10:44 AM)

Only if you ask nicely, Silv.

@  RichardT1977 : (21 June 2019 - 09:42 AM)

1998 Zilla is the Gaijin era.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (21 June 2019 - 01:59 AM)

Alpha Q?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (21 June 2019 - 01:16 AM)

Alpha Q, and U, but not U.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 June 2019 - 08:55 PM)

KISS Players

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 07:15 PM)

Ultra Q

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 June 2019 - 03:15 PM)

So which series is 90s American Godzilla?

@  Dekafox : (20 June 2019 - 03:12 PM)

So G1 Marvel would be Showa Transformers then

@  NotVeryKnightly : (20 June 2019 - 12:37 PM)

Yes.

@  RichardT1977 : (20 June 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Is it weeby of me to refer to the two IDW TF continuities as Heisei and Reiwa? I mean, the switchover almost perfectly lines up with the change of eras...

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM)

I hate when the spicy version of something isn't spicy!

@  Pennpenn : (20 June 2019 - 08:43 AM)

I hate it when the spicy version of something is in almost identical packaging to the non-spicy version. Especially when I don't notice until I've got home.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 June 2019 - 05:44 PM)

They make a lot of pills for that.

@  Nevermore : (19 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

I got the results of the test back. I definitely have no sense of humor.

@  Paladin : (18 June 2019 - 05:59 PM)

so anyway how is your sex life?

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 June 2019 - 10:50 AM)

These jokes are tearing me apart.

@  unluckiness : (18 June 2019 - 08:55 AM)

Only if the customer reviews give it all high marks.

@  Patch : (18 June 2019 - 04:42 AM)

Are they going to call it "I-Did-Nawtflix?"

Photo

Frank Miller's "SUPERMAN"

16 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11838 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:57 AM

in which Clark Kent joins the Navy SEALS & Lana Lang is nearly gang-raped.

Seriously.

https://geekdad.com/...ker-smallville/

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#2 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16977 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:52 AM

"Frank Miller's Superman."

What are "Things that should never exist or be published for 500" Alex?

-ZacWilliam, seriously high on the list of guys I have no desire to see touch Superman.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#3 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45641 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

*sigh* Why does Superman need an edgy backstory? Is it so hard to write him as an orphaned immigrant, adopted by loving parents who instilled into him virtues and encouraged him to discover more about himself and grew up in a quiet nowhere where his more...peculiar...traits never really went noticed because the closest neighbors were miles away?

Edited by Rust, 19 June 2019 - 08:00 AM.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#4 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12919 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:17 AM

Because optimism, compassion, truth and unadulterated altruism are apparently, alien concepts at the moment. And the idea of 'Tge Big Blue Boy Scout' is seemingly antithetical to their modern view of an edgy, angst fuelled, morally grey 'Superman'.

It is very sad.

fslookup.jpg

#5 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38613 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:55 AM

Look, Frank Miller was replaced by an angry talentless alien or something back around 2000, so I don't know why his name carries any weight still.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#6 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4461 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

giphy.gif

#7 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1168 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:41 PM

"Frank Miller's Superman."

What are "Things that should never exist or be published for 500" Alex?

-ZacWilliam, seriously high on the list of guys I have no desire to see touch Superman.

Shouldn't it be:

What are "Things that should never exist or be published for 300" Alex?

And some say I have quite the Spartan sense of humor.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#8 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 7930 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:46 PM

Frank Miller in his prime writing a Superman Year One would sound like a bad idea.

Today's Frank Miller? It has the potential to be hilariously awful, and if it is, I'm there for that*. Hurt me, DC, so at least I'll feel something.

*When it's on sale someday. $8 for the first issue, they must be well and truly outside of their goddamn minds.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#9 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!

• Supporter
  • 18043 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:02 AM

*sigh* Why does Superman need an edgy backstory? Is it so hard to write him as an orphaned immigrant, adopted by loving parents who instilled into him virtues and encouraged him to discover more about himself and grew up in a quiet nowhere where his more...peculiar...traits never really went noticed because the closest neighbors were miles away?

To be fair, the image of rural upbringing as a progenitor of honest, decent thinking is kind of hard to take seriously anymore. Framed from a modern perspective, it's hard to believe Clark isn't a racist, homophobic, bible-thumper who thinks unions are the devil.

Not to say that this is a better option, just that Superman is in dire need of an updated, less whitewashed backstory. And Frank Miller nowhere in sight.

nzo8WYb.png

#10 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 38613 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

Superman, as raised by Fox News.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#11 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3707 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:04 AM

it was...almost completly terrible.  There were tons of weird stilted moments in the text...like Pa talked like a 30's hick, but i have no idea when it takes place. The gang rape scene...i'll sort-of accept, because atleast lana isnt a high school prostitute...these are the kinds of concessions that must be made with a current Frank Miller book.

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#12 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45641 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

To be fair, the image of rural upbringing as a progenitor of honest, decent thinking is kind of hard to take seriously anymore. Framed from a modern perspective, it's hard to believe Clark isn't a racist, homophobic, bible-thumper who thinks unions are the devil.

Not to say that this is a better option, just that Superman is in dire need of an updated, less whitewashed backstory. And Frank Miller nowhere in sight.

I get where you are coming from, but honestly I think that's the untapped potential in Supes' backstory because "whitewashed" rural America is changing fast. So the concept of the immigrant/alien wanting to adapt to their new surroundings while not losing what they were...has some legs even without altering the fundamentals of Superman's upbringing.

But it may be that I'm a bit more jealous regarding said backstory since I pretty much live in Clark's backstory or as damn close to it as one can without the superpowers. I might not have been adopted but my wife was, so his backstory resonates. As for the more unpleasant aspects of rural life...again there's story potential there.

The typical teenager weekend involves copious amounts of alcohol and long stretches of road. A kid that's virtually indestructible and powerful? You've got a lot of chances for the beloved modern tragedies that teach valuable life lessons. Plus it'd be a hell of a thing for Clark to find out he's a mean drunk as a hormone raging teen.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#13 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

FF7 sold me another Playstation

• Supporter
  • 61367 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:48 PM

at this point I can't even blame Frank... this is on the editors and EiC or whoever at warners actually tells them what to do at this point.

Frank's going to write what frank's always writing these days. but somebody approved it for publication 

"Does the Boss look different to you?" "She Looks Hot." "So that's a no then?"

#14 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32696 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:22 PM

SUPERMAN! Fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and WHORESWHORESWHORES!!
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#15 Devcon

Devcon

'Sup?

• Retired Staff
  • 11829 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

I eagerly await Clark imprisoning Jimmy Olsen in the Fortress of Solitude forcing him to hunt, kill and eat vermin to survive.

"I'm the Goddamn Superman"!
From the Page of Cage!

#16 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12919 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:27 PM

And Lois Lane walking around her apartment in her underwear for absolutely no reason other Frank wanting to 'make the readers drool'.

fslookup.jpg

#17 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

FF7 sold me another Playstation

• Supporter
  • 61367 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:43 AM

Lois Lane... feminist Icon.... oh boy, I don't even want to think about how badly this is going to go    

"Does the Boss look different to you?" "She Looks Hot." "So that's a no then?"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users