Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Nope. Forgot entirely, had to make another trip.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 December 2019 - 04:04 PM)

Well, did you get water?

@  wonko the sane? : (14 December 2019 - 01:56 PM)

Went to the bathroom, shaved, baked a cake... wait, I only got up to get some water...

@  unluckiness : (14 December 2019 - 09:01 AM)

That's a common misconception. You see compared to the first run, it's a new mold.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM)

Wouldn't that just add packaging authenticity? :D

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (14 December 2019 - 01:44 AM)

I read a anecdote of someone recently receiving a Glacialord with mold because apparently online stores' warehouses have been sitting on Fansproject products like that for years.

@  Rycochet : (13 December 2019 - 11:56 AM)

Unlike many of his peers, Morton diesn't seem to have gone out of his way to try and take every drug going so he's aged remarkably well.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:39 AM)

Doesn't seem to have been a market for it, which is too bad, because it perfectly does what it sets out to do.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Just opened it and suddenly I'm 9 years old again.

@  Donocropolis : (13 December 2019 - 11:38 AM)

Bought myself Fansproject Glacialord for my birthday during their Black Friday sale.

@  Nevermore : (12 December 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Morten Harket of A-ha might have aged 35 years on the outside, but his voice is still pretty much the same as it was in 1984. That's some great training and exercise for you.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 December 2019 - 06:59 PM)

Depends entirely on how badly you cooked them. What?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Can it raise the dead?

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Cheddar can do just about anything.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Cream cheese has to be on a bagel or crackers.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:31 PM)

(for example: I like Swiss cheese on sandwiches, but find it merely tolerable by itself)

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 05:30 PM)

I mean are you eating it by itself? With crackers? On a sandwich?

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

I would ask, but I'd rather not know.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 03:38 PM)

With my mouth, usually.

@  RichardT1977 : (12 December 2019 - 08:48 AM)

Depends on how you're eating it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (12 December 2019 - 01:40 AM)

Havarti, without a doubt.

@  Greebtron : (12 December 2019 - 01:28 AM)

Not Don, thanks. I'd like a writer who actually cares enough to do the job properly

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 09:34 PM)

What's your favorite cheese? I'm not sure, but it's hard to beat muenster.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:10 PM)

Man I wish IDW could do a season 2.5 with a few writers like Michael Charles Hill or Donald F Glut or Paul Davids involved.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 04:33 PM)

They were looking for Skids, but the animators forgot he existed again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 02:58 PM)

He regrouped with Omega Supreme, the Dinobots, Skyfire and the Protectobots.

@  Benbot : (11 December 2019 - 08:20 AM)

Did he get infected with the rest of the Autobots or did he smartly remain off-planet?

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 December 2019 - 05:38 AM)

He really just went to the beach for a couple of days, then called it in. Who's gonna follow up on it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 December 2019 - 05:05 AM)

Anyone really believe Cosmos searched far enough for more ingredient for Corrostop?

@  Nevermore : (11 December 2019 - 03:48 AM)

Oh, we are pretty good at "forgetting" about that. Insisting on sending people home on their overtime, THEN suddenly rushing to do the "backlog" stuff when it's really overdue.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 December 2019 - 05:43 PM)

I've yet to find an organization which didn't have a backlog of "stuff" that needs to be done, but isn't important enough to put on the schedule proper.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM)

I'm sure most good/bad (depending on your POV) bosses would be able to find something for the worker to do, in most cases, even if it's spending 8 hours pretending to push a broom around

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (10 December 2019 - 04:39 PM)

Still better than American jobs. x.x;

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM)

I'm pretty sure you've already mentioned this before. Especially that last one.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:05 AM)

That can be fun if you're strong-willed enough. "Hey, you want to go home? Overtime reduction, there's nothing to do..." - "Nah, not today. I want to work."

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:04 AM)

This applies to the field of work as well. Meaning, your boss orders you to show up for a full shift, you show up on time and are absolutely willing to work, and then your boss realizes he has no work for you, your boss has to pay you for a full shift even if you don't work at all.

@  Nevermore : (10 December 2019 - 11:03 AM)

Fun fact: German law has a concept named "default in acceptance", which postulates that if there is a "service for payment" contract, the party that should provide the service correctly offers their due service, and the party that should pay fails to accept the service within due time, the second party still has to pay the first party even if there was no service delivered.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:54 PM)

If it's seasonal affective disorder, check with your doc about vitamin D supplements.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:46 PM)

That's what I was thinking too, It's the christmas rush and if that's not stressful enough the cold weather can also impact mental health.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 12:41 PM)

Might be a stupid question given the comment, BUT: have you done anything outside the ordinary lately? Might just be a stress reaction.

@  Maximus Ambus : (08 December 2019 - 12:29 PM)

I've experienced sleep paralysis with ghostly images and similar things in the past and can snap out of it through moving my fingers. I've definitely hallucinated before and members of both sides of the family have had similar experience, some suffered forms of mental instability in two cases schizophrenia.

@  wonko the sane? : (08 December 2019 - 10:47 AM)

So... either a hallucination or night terrors. Are you prone to this kind of thing?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:55 PM)

It kept repeating until I sat up.

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 11:54 PM)

I've been up since three and when sheepish I was hallucinating something knocking twice against my bedroom door.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 December 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Then repaint Apeface and Snapdragon as Transmetal Optimus Primal and Megatron. It's crazy enough to work.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 December 2019 - 05:32 PM)

Moral imperative.

@  Nevermore : (07 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Wishful thinking, rumor or leak?

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 December 2019 - 04:48 PM)

Snapdragon for Earthrise.

@  TM2-Megatron : (04 December 2019 - 10:22 PM)

Still not the weirdest thing a Nic Cage character has done in a film

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 December 2019 - 04:00 PM)

Couldn't be worse than him pissing fire as Ghost Rider.

Photo

Eh3 2019

74 replies to this topic

#41 MsVirion

MsVirion
  • Retired Staff
  • 18845 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:59 AM

Even wilder it's getting a full on remake as well!

#42 tec

tec

Ritsu a Merry X-Mas

• Supporter
  • 31442 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

Well at least Nintendo did not disappoint

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#43 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11077 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:56 PM

To quote a youtuber I just watched "Just goes to show how dedicated nintendo is to games.. We have a netflix game on the switch before we have netfix!"

And my addition.

Ubisoft: "We have a tv show about games."

Nintendo: "We have a game from a tv show!"

#44 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 562 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:51 PM

Man so many games getting physical releases!

Probably going to pick up Freedom Planet for the Switch.

Sadly the two games I was kinda hoping for. "Mummy Demastered and Mighty Gunvolt Burst" aren't coming yet.

Also seems they'll be doing a bunch of old Star Wars games.

Also Also, they announced they have the exclusive rights to sell Shenmue 3 collector's edition. So if you love the franchise and want the collector's edition, it's through them only.

I was kinda hoping for Blossom Tales, myself.  Maybe one of the other companies got it?  Here's hoping it's Special Reserve, since they usually have a longer pre-order window for their games.  And that Power Rangers limited edition with the magnetic Power Coins Steelbook case is tempting...but probably not for that price.

But, Freedom Planet, Transistor, and eventually Night in the Woods are all on my want-list.

One title I wasn't so happy about was Blaster Master Zero getting a physical by itself.  I was kinda hoping it would get a retail two-pack with the sequel ala the Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack or the upcoming Guacamelee two-pack.  *sigh*  I guess the industry probably just doesn't reward that right now, though.

To quote a youtuber I just watched "Just goes to show how dedicated nintendo is to games.. We have a netflix game on the switch before we have netfix!"

And my addition.

Ubisoft: "We have a tv show about games."

Nintendo: "We have a game from a tv show!"

Yeah, between this and the Stranger Things game, Nintendo seems to have a pretty good relationship with Netflix...barring actually getting Netflix on the system  :doh

There's a new Commander Keen game coming?!  On mobile?!  Eh, the theme song was so 90s, I can't really hate it.

Cris Tales looks like one to watch...hopefully it gets a Switch port someday.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for time-travel and unique art styles.

The Xbox conference showed off a lot of interesting indie games like Spiritfarer (looks gorgeous), Legend of Wright (really unique sketchbook art style...that looks like it belongs on the Switch due to Gameboy and SNES controller references), and Way to the Woods (charming concept...the little deer is so cute!).  

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order looks pretty good.  Waiting on reviews because of everything else EA's pulled over the years, but definitely promising.  The new Lego Star Wars game looks like it's going back to pantomime for the new trilogy...I like that.  I think Lego games work best WITHOUT voice acting, actually.

Forza Horizon 4's Lego expansion looks like fun.  Hopefully, this eventually leads to a Lego Racing game, since this looks like fun.  (...why'd Lego have to make the theme song to their dystopian dictatorship so catchy?)

Tales of Arise might be good.  Tales games tend to be a little hit or miss for me, though.

Phantasy Star Online 2 has a  really cool trailer.  Probably not interested in a MMO, but I wouldn't might a actual Phantasy Star V in this style.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks like it might be interesting.  Same goes for Outer Worlds and Borderlands 3.

And Battletoads looks solid.  Even though the new designs feel a little "Nickelodeon" inspired to me.  Not a bad thing really.

And a whole new system:  Xbox Scarlett (for now)!  I'm really more of a Nintendo/Playstation guy, but this is interesting news.

Psychonauts 2 is probably the biggest news for me.  Looks to have all the charm of the original.  Hopefully, Nintendo's newfound friendship with Xbox means it'll eventually get ported to the Switch, since...I'm probably not getting an Xbox anytime soon.  (Both Ori games would be good, too, in that regard)

Biggest disappointment was probably that Halo Infinite is probably going to be a Scarlett exclusive.  After the hype LAST E3, it feels a little cheap to have this come out for the new system.

The Nintendo direct was the winner so far for me.  

Trials of Mana/Mana 3 FINALLY getting a official release after all this time is the biggest highlight for me.  Here's to hoping the Collection of Mana gets a physical release one way or another.  Now if only we could get Mother 3...

New Smash Bros characters look great!  I liked seeing more from Daemon X Machina, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Astral Chain.  And Luigi's Mansion 3 looks to be shaping up to be solid.

The new Contra and the Contra Collection are now on my radar.

Panzer Dragoon on Switch...I'm not sure if this is a remake or a new game entirely, but either way, I'm interested.

No More Heroes 3 was a nice surprise.  

Oh, yeah, and a little game called...Breath of the Wild 2!  (I dub thee...Death of the Wild...because zombies, I guess...at least until we get an official title).  That's a welcome surprise.  I wouldn't really expect it until 2021, at the earliest, really.  But still, that's a fun teaser.

Also, news from the Pokemon Treehouse segment, if you didn't stick around for that.  You won't be able to transfer Pokemon not in the Galar-region Pokedex to SWSH.  You'll still be able to move them to Home, but you won't be able to use, say Giratina, in SWSH IF Giratina isn't in Galars Regional Pokedex.  I could see them patching them in later, though.  Not sure if Nintendo would do that or not, but...I feel like it's possible.  Not likely, but possible.

And the Link's Awakening remake will have a make-you-own-dungeon/dungeon randomizer game added.  And it's still absolutely adorable!  New Amiibo, too.  

I'm a little disappointed that Bayonetta 3 didn't even get a mention, but...they might very well be saving that for it's own Direct down the line, so no big deal really.

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 11 June 2019 - 03:52 PM.

#45 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11077 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:59 PM

Considering a LOT of the material in Mother 3.. I really doubt we'll ever get an US release unless Nintendo somehow makes an offshoot company like Mirramax is to disney.

I just don't think in the US a game with racial issues, child abuse, and even child murder is going to successfully be released by Nintendo without every press group going after them almost viciously.

#46 ChessPieceFace

ChessPieceFace

I have approximate knowledge of many things

• Retired Staff
  • 23078 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

I'll be heading over to check out the E3 floor in an hour or so, using a borrowed badge. Seems like it'll be an odd one, since there's no official Sony or Microsoft booths. There won't even be a new Destiny demo to play, which was my main draw in 2017 and 2018. Hopefully the smaller developers have some fun stuff to check out.

As for the big video announcements so far, I'm always all in for another Animal Crossing, and I don't mind a few months' delay. Last year I was very excited by the Cyberpunk 2077 announcement, but this new video kind of leaves me cold... it looks more generic and less delightfully retro-futuristic fun than it did before, and I fear the Keanu Reeves role will be a creepy uncanny-valley distraction like that Death Stranding game. Nothing else has really stood out to me.

#47 Maximus Ambus

Maximus Ambus
  • Citizen
  • 6328 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

I did find it amusing how in Nintendo Direct they kept snapping their fingers to many announcements, this action in the past year has often been a reference to Thanos snapping his fingers in Avengers Infinity war.

Edited by Maximus Ambus, 11 June 2019 - 03:27 PM.

14424580661_11292a86a0_n.jpg

#48 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11077 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:21 PM

Nintendo's snapping was just balancing out E3.. MAKING good announcements compared to the bad ones earlier. ;)

#49 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 28226 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:00 PM

*sets up Direct Deposit to Nintendo*

Ironbite-what?  It's easier.

xC9l3eY.gif

#50 videomaster21XX

videomaster21XX

I wanna sing a song!

• Citizen
  • 5299 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

I wish I could be more excited for Breath of the Wild 2, buuuuuuut...

Look just give me some actual dungeons this time. The four beasts didn't do it for me, and if they can somehow find a way to do more story in an open world, I'm all for it, but for as big as BotW world was. It just felt kinda THERE.

I miss the days when I could walk into Kakariko village and stumble upon a great evil escaping the well.

It's a secret to everybody

Spoiler

#51 Lisbon Virgo

Lisbon Virgo

Meow and some such

• Supporter
  • 4609 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:54 PM

Electric corgi! Corgicorgicorgicorgicorgicorgi!
WHAT AM I REACTING TO AND IS ANGER APPROPRIATE?!
Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-0862-6998-0098
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 5155-3611-9787
Pokémon Go friend code: 2931-9170-4345
Actual friends: um....

#52 Creedence

Creedence

borf borf

• Citizen
  • 9157 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

Considering a LOT of the material in Mother 3.. I really doubt we'll ever get an US release unless Nintendo somehow makes an offshoot company like Mirramax is to disney.

I just don't think in the US a game with racial issues, child abuse, and even child murder is going to successfully be released by Nintendo without every press group going after them almost viciously.

When was the last time the news cycle has cared about a video game? If you think something as obscure as Mother 3 is going to be blasted for "racial issues" or violence (presented in a cartoony style, no less), you're really overreacting.

#53 mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon

Hello, world

• Supporter
  • 19338 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:09 PM

Catching up on random E3 stuff right now.  Finally saw the Trials of Mana reveal and I'm cautiously optimistic.  Seiken Densetsu 3 was a brilliant game for its time, and sadly un-localized due to the impending death of the SNES platform.  While the Secret of Mana remake wasn't very well received, this looks like a far more in-depth overhaul, rather than just porting the old game over to a new graphics engine, with many of the old faults still intact.

I'm kinda wondering how much of a "remake" approach it'll take to the character-growth system, though, because the original game's Class system gets pretty "guide dang-it" in the endgame.  Modern gamers aren't too appreciative of randomly borking their playthroughs due to lacking information.

Gotta say, I'm super looking forward to the re-orchestrated music here.  The original soundtrack was fantastic, but somewhat hampered by a tinny-sounding sound font.  This should be suitably amazing.  We've gotten a small taste before, with Reisz's guest appearance in the Million Arthur fighting game.  More of that please.

Fighting the endgame bosses with that new, lower perspective is gonna be some intimidating shit, I think.

The waifus are looking pretty gorgeous here...

Edited by mx-01 archon, 11 June 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#54 Exatron

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon

• Citizen
  • 1725 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:05 PM

Trials of Mana/Mana 3 FINALLY getting a official release after all this time is the biggest highlight for me.  Here's to hoping the Collection of Mana gets a physical release one way or another.  Now if only we could get Mother 3...

Collection of Mana physical release is coming August 27th. It's available for pre-order now. I got mine ordered from Best Buy a little while ago.

#55 Dave Zero1

Dave Zero1
  • Citizen
  • 2489 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Best Buy Canada was pr-ordering them too, got mine locked in.

#56 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 562 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

*Looks it up on Amazon*

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-9

Well, hot dawg!  It's not even an limited run exclusive!

Edited by ZakuConvoy, 12 June 2019 - 05:08 PM.

#57 HomelessOne

HomelessOne

Veda Terminal

• Citizen
  • 4741 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:07 PM

YDNQZ1L.png

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#58 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 39120 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:23 AM

Here are my notes from the Big presentations:

Microsoft E3 briefing 2019

Nice Game Studios intro

The Outer worlds looks like a mix between Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Firefly. Could be interesting.

Bleeding Edge looks like a 3rd person overwatch Knock off.

Ori and the Willof the Wisps looks awesome! I don't think I will ever get tired of this franchise. Coming In feburary 2020.

Minecraft Dungeons looks like it was made for me and my house. Minecraft meets Diablo! So there! Spring 2020!

Jedi Fallen Order looks awesome! Could be a fun game, but well see.

Blair Witch video game. Ehh. Not for me.

CyberPunk 2077. Another cool Cinematic, but no new gameplay. Keanu shows up in it, and he's there at the Presentation. Announces it's coming out April 16th 2020. I feel like this game is going to find it hard to live up to its hype.

SpiritFarer looks neat. Like a mix between Open world exploration on the sea and Fallout Shelter.

Battletoads! Looks like a nice updated version of the orignal gamestyle! Cool three player co-op.

RPGTime! The Legend of Wright looks to be an interesting game with a mix of different style between hand drawn on notebook paper to crafted worlds. Coming out next year.

A bunch of ID @ Games. Neat stuff, but nothing worth mentioning. They will all be available on Game pass. They are really pushing this service. Meh. Now available for PC, can combine it all with GOld and PC for $14.99 a month. $1 starting fee.

Microsoft Flight simulator is back. Looks neat, but not my bag.

Age of Empires 2 definitive edition, 4K fully remastered with a new campaign, comes out this fall! Woot!

Wasteland 3, not really my thing.

Double FIne Productions is now owned by Microsoft. Psychonauts 2 is coming to Xbox One and PC. Looks like a lot of fun.

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Story looks awesome! Definitely on my short list to get! All 90 movies in one new game, comes out next year.

Dragonball Z Project Z RPG Game. Looks pretty, but despite my love for Dragon Quest, I never really cared for Dragon Ball.

12 minutes, a game where you a trapped in a time loop. It looks pretty awesome!

Way to the woods. Two deer using lights to travel through railways and shopping malls in a post-apoclaypse setting. Could be good.

Gears of War time! Looks kind of trippy. I still need to play the last one. Comes out September 10th, play 4 days early with Game Pass Ultimate. This summer they are showing off new multiplayer modes. Escape mode cinematic was awesome! 3 player co-op where you escape a hive with encroaching Gas from behind. Terminator Character Pack as a pre-order bonus or with Game Pass.  Looks awesome!

New Elite controller. Still over priced. Pre-order available now.

Dying Light 2. Looks like it could be neat.

Forza Horizon 4 time, now with Legos. Could be fun.  

Gears of War Pop mobile game looks neat. Nothing original though.

State of Decay 2 Heartland expansion. Looks neat, but I haven't played that series before and they didn't show off any gameplay. Out now, free in gamepass.

Sega is bringing an online RPG to Xbox, Phantasy Star Online 2. Neat Cinematic, but no gameplay. WIll have cross play.

Smilegate is bringing Crossfire X to Xbox on 2020 as a console exclusive. Never heard of it.

Tales of Arise. out in 2020. Looks like another franchise that I can't recall the name of.

Borderlands time now. 9/13/19. Looks fun! Get a prequel that leads into it with the Handsome collection.

GRRM has a game now. Elden Ring. No gameplay, just a cinematic that has a strong Lord of the Rings influence.

Console Streaming coming the fall.

Now on to Scarlett. All about games.  Holiday 2020. Sucks for me, as that means I have to wait until then to replace my original Xbox One. No sense in buying an X right now for just a year.

Halo infinite will launch next year on the Scarlett. Cool cinematic for it.  It looked like it showed a little bit of ingame footage there for a second. Could still be a ciniematic though.

Nintendo Direct Notes

Dragon Quest Heroes from DQ1, DQ4, DQ8, and DQ11 are coming to SMASH! Woot! I am going to get a Switch for this game and pre-order any amiibo of them. It looked like they had a special attack where they use the heroes from the other games as well. I won't lie to you. Nintendo has already won E3 for me. Coming this summer!

Followed up with DQ11 Definitive edition for the Switch. The orchestral sound track is awesome and to get an English version of the 3DS game is awesome! Comes out September 27, 2019.

So they made the Bowser joke with their new boss Doug Bowser. Really neat.

Lugi's Mansion 3. It actually looks like a lot of fun. Comes out this year.

A Dark Crystal Tactical game called The Dark Crystal Age of Resistance Tactics. Comes out this year. Looks like a decent tactics game.

Links Awakening! Woot! September 20, 2019! It even has a Dungeon builder in it! Woot!

Trials of Mana. Looks like neat action RPG. COmes out early 2020. The oringal three games  in this series are already out in one collection, FInal Fantasy Adventure(Loved that as a kid, and still have the game saved before the final boss), Secret of Mana, and Trials of Mana.

Witcher 3 complete is coming to the Switch this year.

Fire Emblem 3 houses. Just some anime cutscenes shown off, releases July 26th 2019.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 are coming to the Switch, 0, 1, and 4 are already on it.

No more Heroes 3. 2020.

Some kind of shooter, Contra corps, also the Contra collection.

Daemon X Machcina. A neat looking Gundam like game. Comes out 9/13/2019.

Is that Panzer Dragoon? Yup. Looks neat! Comes out this winter.

Pokemon Sword and Shield come out 11/15/2019

Astral Chain looks like one of the games that looks entertaining, but  feel will be a let down once I get. I hope that I am wrong though. Comes out 08/30/2019.

Empire of Sin is a top down shooter based in the 1930s. Could be neat, but most of the trailer was a cinematic. Spring 2020.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 The Black Order! Looks awesome! Comes out 07/19/2019 Has three expansion pack coming out this fall.

Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the Necrodancer looks awesome! Comes out in a few days and I definitley want to pick that up!

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 looks quite fun!

Animal Crossing New Horizons. Basically you get dropped off on a deserted island and you build up from a tent to an entire community. Comes out 03/20/2020.

Upcoming games Highlight reel time:

Spyro. Hoolow Knight, Ni no kuni, Minecraft Dungeons, Elder scrolls Blades, My friend Pedro, Doom Eternal, The Sinking City, Wolfenstein Young Blood, Dead by daylight, Alien Isolation,  Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Stranger Things Season 3, Just Dance 2020, Catan, New Super Lucky's Tale, Dauntless, Mario Maker 2.

Banjo and Kuzooy are coming to Smash Bros. Nice cinematic to introduce them! Fall 2019.

And they are working on a sequel to Zelda Breath of the Wild! Nice!

Square Enix Presentation Notes

FF7 Remake! Woot! It looks nice! I definitely want to play it, even if they changed the combat style up a bit. Comes out 03/03/2020 for the PS4. That Steelbook looks awesome, and the Cloud on the Bike special edition looks awesome. Someone seeing in that in the audience yelled out, "Take my wallet!"

Life is strange 2, out today.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles remastered edition! Online Multiplayer mode! On smart phones, PS4, and Switch this winter.

Octopath Traveler. A nice paper RPG that is out on Steam now.

The Last Remnent Remastered. Available on the Switch now.

Dragon Quest Builders 2! Woot! This game is just a massive improvement over the original. Regular scale, first person view, Underwater areas, flying, NPC builders, and farming. Four player online co-op! Available July 12th, Demo on the PS4 on June 27th.

Dragon Quest 11 Definite Edition S for the Switch will have the Orchestral soundtrack and the 16 bit mode from the 3DS game. Comes out this Fall.

Indie game time.
Circuit Supstars. Top down racing game. Coming 2020.
Battlion 1944. Basically Call of Duty 5 multiplayer. Available now on Steam.

Cute little video announcing that Square Enix is releasing their music on streaming services.

More Kingdom hearts DLC coming this winter.

FF14 Online Shadowbringers. Comes out July 2nd.

Dying Light 2 Spring 2020. Lots of Parkour.

Romancing Saga 3 and SaGa scarlet Grace Ambitions are coming to the west for the first time.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius gets a expansion/Sequel called "War of the Visions".

Outriders. New Game from People can fly studio. Looks like Destiny and Doom had a baby. Coming out 2020. No gameplay shown.

Oninaki. Some weird incarnation game. Watchers hunting ghosts in an action RPG styled game with Anime style cinematics. 08/22/2019.

FF8 is getting remastered in 2019. Woot!

Avengers. Yeah it might be a good story with decent gameplay, but the faces and voices are way off. Like they are trying to reference the MCU versions, but they look so off from them. I mean, the voice cast is great, but if you invoke the style and costumes from the MCU, then you need the faces and voices of the MCU. Game comes out 05/15/2020

Bethesda E3 Presentation:

This intro music seems like a really bad choice given how big a disaster Fallout 76 was.

Todd Howard is out now. Made a joke referencing how bad they screwed up on FO76. Now he is talking about it.

Elderscrolls Blades is coming out on the Switch.

More FO76 content now. Wastelanders, Human NPCs, New Main Quest, Choice & Consequences, and new weapons and gear. It will be free DLC coming fall 2019.  Frial Trial for FO76 June 10-17th. New game mode. Nuclear Winter.  Vault 51. Looks like a Battle Royale mode. 52 person Battle Royale mode where you can level up with perks to claim the role of Overseer. Free addittion to the game.

Ghostwire Tokyo. Action Adventure game. No gameplay shown.

Elder scrolls online now. Cool cinematic of them fighting a dragon.

Commander Keen looks very interesting! iOS and Android game.  Billy and Billie build wacky weapons from household objects. Awesome intro cartoon. Comes out this summer.

Rage 2 gets DLC and a great 90s TGIF intro video.

Wolfentstien cyber pilot, where you pilot war machines in VR. Wolfenstain Youngblood coming 07/26/2019. Set in the 1980s, twin daughters look for their dad. Co-op designed game.

Deathloop. Stuck in a time loop with one other assassin on Black Reef. Looks neat, but no gameplay shown.  

Now on to new Technology. Showing off all their old tech advances. new tech is Orion streaming tech that improves cloud gaming. Streams 20% faster with 40% less bandwidth.

Doom Eternal. If you like the last Doom, then you will love this one. Comes out this November.

Ubisoft Press Conference

Watchdogs Legion. Watchdogs in the UK, looks like it could be fun but I haven't played the series before. I like the whole recruit mechanic. Comes out 03/06/2020.

Apple TV+ is getting a show about game developers from the stars and producers of Always Sunny in Philidelphia.

Rainbow Six Siege Updates for its Fourth year.

Brawhalla gets Adventure Time characters Jake, Finn, and the Princess.

Now Shane from the Walking Dead is giving a pep talk to some soldiers in a cinematic. Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Now he is on stage. Lots of plugging this game, it seems that they really want it to be a long term hit.

Now they showed off a mobile game called Tom Clancy's Elite Squad with characters from the Division and Splinter cell.

Now on to Just Dance, celebrating it's ten year anniversary. Coming out this November, and even has a version for the Wii. Wow.

For Honor gets an expansion. I don't really know much about that game series.

Rainbow Six Quarantine. 3 player tactical CO-OP game coming in 2020.

Now on to more Division 2 content.

And they are announcing Uplay+ a subscription service for PC players. $14.99 a month. Starts in September 2019. Will be on Stadia next year.

And A roller derby type game called Roller Champions. Looks neat.  

And finally one last game, inspired by mythology. Gods and Monsters. Comes out Feburary 2020.

EA Play Press Conference

Start off with Jedi Fallen Order. Looks neat, lots of Parkour, good use of force powers and Lightsaber combat, nice music, it really does feel like a star wars game. BD1 looks awesome.

Apex Legends. Season 2 of the Battle Royale game. New legend called Watson.

Battlefield V.  New content coming in July.

Sports Games. You know what to expect here.

Sims 4 Never really got into this series but I know a lot of people like it.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#59 Undead Scottsman

Undead Scottsman

THANOSCOPTER

• Citizen
  • 10400 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:14 PM

My quick thoughts

EA: EA has a single new game to show off and widely botched it. That 15 minute demo looked pretty bland. If it weren't for people getting to see it on the show floor and talking about how it has elements of Dark Souls, Metroidvanias and even a ship mechanic that allows to travel around as you want, I probably would have written that thing off.

Microsoft: They had a big opportunity here with Sony a no-show, but wound up kinda just doing what they've been doing for a few years now. Lack of Gears campaign was bad, given that is apparently where they've put a lot of time trying to reinvigorate the franchise. Scarlett tease is almost beat for beat the same as the Scorpio tease from 2016. They really needed to go into more detail about xStream. Hopefully the Double Fine aquisition works out; they've been in desperate need of financial stablity for awhile and hopefully MS can give it to them. (ANd hopefully Xbox doesn't drop the ball, get a massive budget cut from MS and are forced to close a bunch of studios. Again.)

Bethesda: Kind of a poor showing; they really haven't made a great case for why they're going to get things right with Fallout 76 this time around, which makes the lack of Starfield even more cutting. Youngblood's trailer was a great disservice to that game, especially compared to the story trailer they put out a few months ago. Doom looked cool, but it looked just as cool back at Quakecon last year. Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop could be cool, but I'd need to see gameplay. And stop ressurecting beloved dead ip's to push mobile gatcha games, good lord.

Ubisoft: Worst Ubisoft conference in years. Started off fantastic with an impressive showing of Watch Dogs: Legion... and then just wallowed in a miasma of Tom Clancy game after Tom Clancy game. Even the Just Dance segment was less fun than in previous years. And the cherry on top was a non-gameplay trailer for a game that's coming out in less than a year? What on earth are you doing?

Square-Enix: If you like remakes and remasters, this was the conference for you! If you like the Avengers, I am SO sorry! Seriously, they needed to get out and say what the heck that game was and completely failed at it. FF7 remake looks sweet at least.

Nintendo: Probably the best one at E3, but announcing a sequel to Breath of the Wild will do that for you. Lots of stuff here, though not as many out-of-the-blue announcements as I'd like. Banjo/Kazooie in smash is cool, but I'd rather have a new Banjo-Kazooie game.

Definetly a lower-key transitional year for E3 as everyone is hunking down for the 18 month sprint towards new consoles. Next year should be interesting.

MSzBav1.jpg

#60 Shadewing

Shadewing

Artichoke of Misery

• Supporter
  • 36512 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

So, everyone remembers how this year was kinda disapointing and the only thing people REALLY remember is "OMFG Keanu Reeves!"? Well, so does E3... and they've decided to go ALL IN on this for next year:

3DS Friend Code: 0387-9040-3532

Twitch Channel

Youtube Replays

VOTE for what I play on 8/30!

Friday: Sonic Generations - Sunday: Transformers WFC - Tuesday: Little Inferno

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users