Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2019 - 09:14 AM)

They aren't all cranky... sure, it's hard to find one in a good mood, but still.

@  unluckiness : (21 September 2019 - 09:12 AM)

Cranky geese is a hell of a tautology

@  wonko the sane? : (21 September 2019 - 09:07 AM)

... that's like the third flock of geese this morning. Do those cranky bitches know something I should know?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 September 2019 - 06:26 AM)

Isn't there a thread for that?

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2019 - 05:41 AM)

I took a few hours off from work so I could attend. Actually met two coworkers there.

@  Nevermore : (21 September 2019 - 05:41 AM)

Anyone else here who participated in a climate change rally yesterday?

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

In case anyone's wondering.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Also, she pronounces her own name "Zuh-see".

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 September 2019 - 03:04 PM)

I think I'd read a while back she was born in Berlin

@  TM2-Megatron : (20 September 2019 - 03:04 PM)

I thought Zazie Beetz was really fantastic in Deadpool 2. Really looking forward to seeing her in Joker.

@  Liege : (20 September 2019 - 12:05 PM)

Any sightings of Ratchet at U.S. Walgreens yet? A couple of stores around me have recently restocked their toy aisles but no Ratchets yet at those ones.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:54 AM)

You don't even hear a hint of an accent, and she only very rarely chooses some odd wording where she probably wasn't familiar with the more appropriate alternative due to its relative obscurity.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:41 AM)

Just watched what's possibly the most relaxed interview ever of a German Youtuber interviewing Zazie while walking around Berlin. Turns out she was born in Berlin and spent quite some time in Germany.

@  Nevermore : (20 September 2019 - 03:39 AM)

Actors and actresses I had no idea speak fluent German, part 4.231: Zazie Beetz from Deadpool 2.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:14 PM)

It's too bad it's like this because some of what they're doing with tiny cars is pretty cool, but I'm not willing to sign up for that f-ing hassle.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:13 PM)

At this point I'm trying to decide how much of a markup I'm willing to pay some scalper scum or if I should just say to hell with it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (18 September 2019 - 02:11 PM)

That is pretty much the constant story with Hot Wheels. Anything you might actually want has most likely been picked clean and marked up.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 02:02 PM)

I've been watching some Youtube Hot Wheels videos out of boredom and discovered there exists a new car that just came out maybe a month ago that looks just like one I had when I was little, and I've been looking around hoping to get it. Slim picking everywhere, but online there are a slew of sellers asking for 3 and 4x the retail price, plus a hefty shipping markup.

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 01:59 PM)

Oh, that explains the problem I've encountered with finding one little car

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 September 2019 - 01:31 PM)

Oh boy. I work at Target, and literally every single morning, there are two or three guys outside who make a beeline straight to the Hot Wheels.

@  Steevy Maximus : (18 September 2019 - 01:00 PM)

Hot Wheels

@  Benbot : (18 September 2019 - 12:25 PM)

Which collecting community has the worst scalpers?

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 September 2019 - 09:55 PM)

I've never read the source material and don't know much about it, but I enjoyed the first film quite a bit, and found the second alright

@  Sabrblade : (17 September 2019 - 09:49 PM)

The first movie was definitely not for me. I flat out hated it. Didn't even bother with the sequel.

@  Maruten : (17 September 2019 - 05:02 PM)

I liked the first movie a lot and enjoyed the original volume of the book, and the way they were developed in parallel was really interesting. It all got super extra unpleasant as soon as they went back though. I don't remember really whether the initial sequels are "good" or not, but either way both the second movie and the second run of the book quickly demonstrated that the property sure wasn't for me.

@  Paladin : (17 September 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i have a real hard time offering praise of anything connected to an utter shitstain like Mark Millar.

@  Rycochet : (17 September 2019 - 01:23 PM)

Kick Ass 2 was okay for what it was, a sequel to a film that was okay, just okay. It had a good performance from Nic Cage while the sequel had Jim Carrey who decided he didn't want to promote it after one of america's regularly scheduled massacres.

@  Benbot : (17 September 2019 - 12:20 PM)

Was Kick Ass 2 really that bad? I never got around to seeing it, but after watching the first movie again the other day, I'm thinking about it.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

Photo
- - - - -

I miss CHUG

47 replies to this topic

#1 ZacDeath

ZacDeath

I am not dead, I'm overwintering.

• Citizen
  • 1057 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:25 AM

I mean Combiner Wars trilogy was good, but it was just G1, I guess there was a few Japanese guys thrown in there. I liked the random assortment, of Transformers from every universe in the CHUG line. There was still so many great characters that could use updated figures. I just miss it. Stege can kiss my giant stripy abdomen.
WWOPD?

#2 SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster
  • Citizen
  • 512 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:50 AM

As much as I enjoy the linewide gimmickd if the last few years, that kinda thing is what the main cartoon supported line is for.

Generations is at its best when it doesn't ignore the S at the end if the title and gives us representations from all across the 35 years if Transformers fiction.
To this extent, The 2014 Generations line (also know as Thrilling 30) was perfect.
We got boring early g1 guys like Trailbreaker and Skids.
We got late g1 weirdos like Brainstorm and Scoop
G2, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Rid, Armada,Ehobby/Diaclone, and even new characters like Windblade and Centuritron.
It was a line dedicated to True Fans. And I miss it so

#3 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12177 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:32 AM

What, and acknowledge things happened in Transformers after 1986???

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#4 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 28536 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:41 AM

I mean Combiner Wars trilogy was good, but it was just G1, I guess there was a few Japanese guys thrown in there. I liked the random assortment, of Transformers from every universe in the CHUG line. There was still so many great characters that could use updated figures. I just miss it. Stege can kiss my giant stripy abdomen.

What you're referring to were specifically only the products of 2009 and 2014, which were the 25th and 30th anniversary years. Every other year was dominated by either G1 characters or heavily G1-inspired Aligned characters

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#5 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38977 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:59 AM

Did CHUG go anywhere? I am looking forward to adding a Reflector, Springer, Shockwave, and Ultra Magnus to my CHUG collection this year.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#6 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 2832 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:14 AM

Boy, I sure wish Hasbro would give us new toys of comic guys, third or fourth string guys and new characters like Barricade, Pteraxadon, Brunt, Sixgun, Powertrain, Greenlight, Impactor, Lionizer, Blackjack, Bigshot...

#7 Princess Viola

Princess Viola

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Supporter
  • 27495 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

siege is chug tho

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#8 unitremover

unitremover
  • Staff
  • 1468 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:13 AM

I think Titans Return was for the most part really good about character variety. Sure, post G1 characters like Nautica and Tidal Wave were shunted off into retailer exclusive box sets, but there were still a lot of mass retail toys of obscure, late G1 characters who'd never actually gotten new toys before. Even the requisite Optimus Primes were at least Powermaster and G2 Laser Prime homages.

Edited by unitremover, 29 May 2019 - 10:15 AM.

#9 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5448 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:26 AM

Say it with me

G1 WITH KNEES

#10 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8111 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:14 AM

What you're referring to were specifically only the products of 2009 and 2014, which were the 25th and 30th anniversary years. Every other year was dominated by either G1 characters or heavily G1-inspired Aligned characters

"Happy 25th anniversary, Transformers!  Here's some of the nicest character updates ever.  And for the non G1 characters, three of the worst toys ever made and a repaint of Cybertron Scourge as a toy only RID character nobody cares about."

#11 unitremover

unitremover
  • Staff
  • 1468 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

Say it with me

G1 WITH KNEES

i will not

#12 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 2832 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

The deluxe beasts they did were the worst examples of the Archer era's overambition when it comes to engineering, they decided to go with complexity and an unnecessary gimmick over making solid, appealing toys. I can't believe they looked at Cheetor and said 'yep, nailed it there' and put it into production.

You can see what they were going for with Cheetor and Dinobot, there's potential for a solid, decent looking toys but they spoiled it all by trying to do way too much.

Edited by Rycochet, 29 May 2019 - 02:39 PM.

#13 Fear or Courage

Fear or Courage

Do I compel you?

• Citizen
  • 2135 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:19 PM

Bruh the G in CHUG is still going.

#14 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 707 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:11 AM

"Happy 25th anniversary, Transformers!  Here's some of the nicest character updates ever.  And for the non G1 characters, three of the worst toys ever made and a repaint of Cybertron Scourge as a toy only RID character nobody cares about."

I object to that! Universe Dinobot was the best Dinobot toy we'd gotten to then, and I'd argue still a better 'toy' that MP Dinobot.

#15 ZacDeath

ZacDeath

I am not dead, I'm overwintering.

• Citizen
  • 1057 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:22 AM

I had bought more figures from the thrilling 30 line, than any other line, since Beast Wars. I was looking forward to more Beast Machines homages even though Tankor was disappointing.
WWOPD?

#16 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38977 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:44 PM

Speaking of missing CHUG, I am finally putting my CHUG toys back out on display! I have four large wall shelves we just put up in my office and I am rapidly filling them up with my CHUG figures that have been stored in a Tote for the past three years or so in the attic.

#17 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9743 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 01:02 AM

Did CHUG go anywhere? I am looking forward to adding a Reflector, Springer, Shockwave, and Ultra Magnus to my CHUG collection this year.

*shrug* As I am sure you are aware, some people narrowly define certain terms to only include certain years. I think ZacDeath has a point to be made.

siege is chug tho

Counterpoint: Studio Series has the Generations logo. Do you go around actively promoting this way of thinking with acceptance?

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#18 The Predaking

The Predaking

• Staff
  • 38977 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

Putting up my CHUG collection on my wall shelves, I have a large section of toys that are grouped together on side of Metroplex. They are the toys that have better CHUG versions out now. They Include:

Blaster, Hotrod, Kup, Ultra Magnus, Silverbolt, Powerglide, Grimlock, Wheelie, Springer, Ironhide, Blurr, and a few more...

*shrug* As I am sure you are aware, some people narrowly define certain terms to only include certain years. I think ZacDeath has a point to be made.

siege is chug tho

Counterpoint: Studio Series has the Generations logo. Do you go around actively promoting this way of thinking with acceptance?

If people only think CHUG figures are just from those four toylines, then I don't know what to say to them other than to buy a sticker that says Generations and slap it on the box.

#19 Princess Viola

Princess Viola

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Supporter
  • 27495 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:20 AM

siege is chug tho

Yes?

If you try to argue that something labelled and marketed as being part of Generations doesn't count as Generations because it doesn't fit whatever your nonsense categorization of Generations is then I'll say that you're being deliberately obtuse.

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#20 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 40302 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:01 AM

It's still CHUG.  It's just that it's CHUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users