Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (21 February 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I might need to update my software, or they face regional limitations, cause I found no evidence of either.

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 10:31 PM)

DUDE! Starcom and COPS are on Tubi too!

@  Steevy Maximus : (20 February 2020 - 09:29 PM)

Spiffy! The english dub of Bubblegum Crisis on Tubi. It's gotten so hard to find these oldies on modern streaming services.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:44 PM)

And now I know and now I know and now I know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me, know that you can hear me.

@  Nevermore : (20 February 2020 - 08:31 PM)

Oh, oh, people can you hear me? People can you hear me? People can you hear me?

@  Echowarrior : (20 February 2020 - 06:39 PM)

Let me go-o-o-o!

@  Telly : (20 February 2020 - 05:41 PM)

Galileo Galileo!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Very very fright-ning me!

@  Sabrblade : (20 February 2020 - 04:02 PM)

*thunder and lightning*

@  ▲ndrusi : (20 February 2020 - 03:46 PM)

Ah, ah, ah!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (20 February 2020 - 03:33 PM)

Already did. It didn't take long.

@  Dekafox : (19 February 2020 - 06:14 PM)

Count Zero?

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 February 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Oh boy, here we go.

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:34 PM)

Or do Japan's cultural values vary depending on exactly who you're trying to shut down?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:33 PM)

Could it be that, perhaps, these different cultural values might lead to a different approach seeming appropriate?

@  ▲ndrusi : (19 February 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Hm. Back when we were arguing about the Legends comic, I seem to recall being repeatedly told that Japan had different cultural values than the US (and therefore anyone who had a problem with anything at all was wrong to voice that opinion ever).

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM)

Plus, as much as I hate to admit it, every single anime character is built to suit the audience's tastes so they buy more merch/do other things that allow $$$ to flow in the production committees direction, so the authenticity is certainly not for representation's sake.

@  fourteenwings : (19 February 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Both those anime air at midnight and are aimed at a very specific audience in a whole other media landscape. Major projects have press releases about almost everything, and there are groups just waiting to pat anybody on the back for doing what they want (GLAAD, HRC, etc)

@  B-Fox : (19 February 2020 - 03:16 AM)

It's funny that a friggin' anime about zombie idols and an anime about a school of anthropomorphic animals can have really positive trans characters WITHOUT a press release about their inclusion in the series prior to the episodes airing or having the creators announcing it on social media and patting themselves on the back for doing a thing.

@  TriBlurr : (18 February 2020 - 10:26 PM)

Vegan meat needs bacon

@  Paladin : (18 February 2020 - 08:43 PM)

vegan meat must taste delicious. they're grass-fed and regularly exercised....

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 06:57 PM)

Vegans are better than kids if you don't talk to them. They'll keep the lawn trimmed anyway.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Do you want vegans? Because that's how you get vegans.

@  CORVUS : (18 February 2020 - 04:33 PM)

Hook up your sprinkler system to a canister of healthy organic carrot-juice. The kids won't be able to get off your lawn fast enough.

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 February 2020 - 03:59 PM)

Just use the hose.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 03:52 PM)

Ask bing. It'll be a FAR more effective answer.

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Google, how do I get those durned kids off my lawn?

@  TrnsfrmGod : (18 February 2020 - 03:26 PM)

Please ignore.  Old man here apparently doesn't know the difference between the "Search" field and the "Shoutbox" field.

Also doesn't know how to delete from the shoutbox

@  wonko the sane? : (18 February 2020 - 07:33 AM)

Huhn. Penny arcade was right, the division 2 is literally 3 dollars...

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 11:05 PM)

Oh, Wicked Cool Toys got the Halo toy license. This is a big year for Jazwares

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 February 2020 - 07:02 PM)

iTunes/Apple TV has the complete Cowboy Bebop series for just $5!

@  fourteenwings : (17 February 2020 - 12:41 AM)

The Samsung Galaxy B-TOOM!

@  Paladin : (16 February 2020 - 07:20 PM)

business is booming.

@  wonko the sane? : (16 February 2020 - 06:49 PM)

SAmsung has you covered. Exploding phones.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Modern problems require modern solutions.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 February 2020 - 05:21 PM)

Japan seems to have a tradition of murder things where cellphones facilitate the killing instead. Like King's Game and Doubt.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 05:17 PM)

Or there's just conveniently no reception, or all of their phones are dead at the same time. Or they're just stupid and forget about them.

@  Patch : (16 February 2020 - 04:41 PM)

Now the slasher villain has to go and knock over the nearest cell tower before butchering horny teenagers.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 February 2020 - 03:54 PM)

Think of all the horror and mystery movies that involve the bad guys cutting the phone line. Now think about how many people don't even have a land line to cut anymore.

@  Telly : (16 February 2020 - 03:47 PM)

its like that scene in commando. the bad guy has to get to a phone to call the big bad to tell him arnold isnt on the plane. that wouldnt happen today

@  Rycochet : (16 February 2020 - 03:18 PM)

Watching early episodes of the x-files will make you feel super old once you start to notice the techology they use, and the technology they lack.

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 February 2020 - 01:00 PM)

This guy.

@  Roddie Luver : (15 February 2020 - 10:55 PM)

Hey

@  Kalidor : (14 February 2020 - 03:01 PM)

The ones that get me are the "Uploaded 12 years ago" ones

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 02:49 PM)

Makes you feel old, don't it?

@  Maximus Ambus : (14 February 2020 - 02:38 PM)

While browsing Youtube vids I read these comments: 'The X Files is such an underrated show' and another 'Brent Spiner is a underrated actor' I want to punch something.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:16 PM)

Besides: cupid freaks me out. "Find someone to love, or I'll SHOOT YOU".

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 February 2020 - 12:11 PM)

It's just the day before Cheap Chocolate Day.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 February 2020 - 12:08 PM)

Meh, just more game time.

@  Paladin : (14 February 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Valentine's day. Bummer.

Photo
- - - - -

Sunbow Productions and Marvel Productions script archive

51 replies to this topic

#41 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:17 PM

While there is nothing new on the horizon in terms of production material, I've gone a bit extreme these past few days with adding information.  Added sections detailing TF scene/dialogue cuts and TFTM storyboard cuts that I've posted here and on other forums.  Currently working on Visionaries dialogue cuts, should have the series done in the next couple of days.  Also added production order lists for shows that lasted long enough to go to weekday afternoons and thus production order doesn't line up with broadcast order. 

As part of what forays I can make into Sunbow's 1990's output, I've Included a list for Conan The Adventurer.  Where Jean Chalopin dubiously claims to have written 52 half-hours of TV in six months, I've trawled the copyright office records for the writers who have the *cough cough* "Adapted By" credit.

The Sunbow and Marvel Productions script/storyboard archive, chronicling ten years of animation history: https://sunbowmarvel...e.blogspot.com/

#42 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:37 PM

Put up something I probably should have added early on:  a guide to programming, organised by TV season, covering from the beginning of Marvel Productions in 1981 to the shutting down of Sunbow in 2004:

https://sunbowmarvel...-tv-season.html

Kinda sad to read the decline of the respective companies in two separate decades.  Beast Wars basically was the beginning of the end for Sunbow in the nineties.  As they didn't get any more Hasbro properties after that, and no comic or movie adaptations were coming their way either.

Edited by Greebtron, 15 December 2019 - 06:43 PM.

The Sunbow and Marvel Productions script/storyboard archive, chronicling ten years of animation history: https://sunbowmarvel...e.blogspot.com/

#43 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:18 AM

The first of a series of articles I'm doing on the writing and production process, using what I've brought together.  First up, the three-step process of scripting, using the only available example of both an outline and script for the same episode: Cobra Stops The World

https://sunbowmarvel...ript-cobra.html

#44 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:42 AM

Second article up, taking a look at story-editing using the recent arrival of Cosmic Rust: https://sunbowmarvel...ry-editing.html

#45 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:41 PM

An offer I got over the weekend to have my own set of TFTM storyboard scans for the archive means I can now hive off all the movie material into it's own section: https://sunbowmarvel...mers-movie.html

#46 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:33 AM

Third article is up.  Something a bit more of a feast for the eyes as it looks at storyboards, slugging and the exposure sheets.  With storyboard samples taken from TF, D&D, DoE, Jem and Amazing Friends

https://sunbowmarvel...ng-process.html

#47 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

Fourth article ready and probably the last one for the time being.  Looking at the dialogue recording sessions, the drawing up of dialogue scripts and the change that was made to the production schedule halfway through TF.  Also, links to the existing deleted audio and photos showing a major change made to Five Faces Of Darkness: https://sunbowmarvel...-recording.html

#48 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:55 AM

Another unproduced project come to light.  An ebay script store is selling pretty much everything from Misty Taggart's career and I'm waiting for her two Jem scripts to pop up.  While I'm waiting, it turns out that she had the gig of developing and pitching a combined Hulk/She-Hulk series.  Maybe a last ditch effort to retool the existing series for renewal?

https://www.ebay.com...i0AAOSwADReMAAW

s-l1600.jpg

#49 JonT

JonT
  • Citizen
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:21 AM

Many thanks for bringing this to attention. There are a few interesting items on the excerpts shown, such as Marvel considering the original 1982 Hulk series something of an underperformer since the Hulk wasn't more like the live-action version. It's a little strange to then read that, while making the Hulk less verbose, She-Hulk was proposed as an additional regular.

When I first got to the note that made it explicit that Jen Walters and Bruce Banner weren't cousins, I knew what this was in aid of, and the suggested plots confirm her being added as another love interest. In similar fashion to "Spidey Goes Hollywood" and the subsequent 1982 Hulk series, "Enter: She-Hulk" would also appear to be subject to retconning.

I would imagine any references to Jen and Bruce being cousins would have simply been edited out of the proposed re-edits of the previous season.

Again, Marvel re-editing episodes was not unprecedented, with later NBC airings of the first season of Amazing Friends having Stan Lee narration added to them, on at least one occasion with an edit to a character's dialogue.

Obviously the proposed retooling wasn't enough, as no new Hulk episodes were produced for the 1983 season, despite Amazing Friends continuing to be broadcast with pre-existing Hulk episodes in a block.

#50 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:26 AM

Many thanks for bringing this to attention. There are a few interesting items on the excerpts shown, such as Marvel considering the original 1982 Hulk series something of an underperformer since the Hulk wasn't more like the live-action version. It's a little strange to then read that, while making the Hulk less verbose, She-Hulk was proposed as an additional regular.

When I first got to the note that made it explicit that Jen Walters and Bruce Banner weren't cousins, I knew what this was in aid of, and the suggested plots confirm her being added as another love interest. In similar fashion to "Spidey Goes Hollywood" and the subsequent 1982 Hulk series, "Enter: She-Hulk" would also appear to be subject to retconning.

I would imagine any references to Jen and Bruce being cousins would have simply been edited out of the proposed re-edits of the previous season.

Again, Marvel re-editing episodes was not unprecedented, with later NBC airings of the first season of Amazing Friends having Stan Lee narration added to them, on at least one occasion with an edit to a character's dialogue.

Obviously the proposed retooling wasn't enough, as no new Hulk episodes were produced for the 1983 season, despite Amazing Friends continuing to be broadcast with pre-existing Hulk episodes in a block.

The general sense of desperation here does lend some credence to something else that was said to be happening in the same timeframe.  In his interview for the Dungeons & Dragons DVD, Mark Evanier talks about how Marvel were calling him up and basically begging him to write the development bible and the pilot.  He was told that if they couldn't sell D&D to a network, Marvel Productions would be shut down.  Even then, he wasn't interested as he was doing a pilot for somebody else.  It was only when one of the top network executives called him and said they would delay the up-fronts (the announcements of the next season's programming) if he could do it, that he finally came onboard.

Edited by Greebtron, 28 January 2020 - 09:48 AM.

#51 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:51 PM

Asked and been given permission by MP storyboard artist Michael Swanigan to add the various storyboard samples he has posted on facebook to the archive as pdfs.

Spider-Man And His Amazing Friends

6018 A Firestar Is Born (5 pages)

The Incredible Hulk

07 The Creature And The Cavegirl (9 pages)

Dungeons & Dragons

01 The Night Of No Tomorrow (21 pages)

03 The Hall Of Bones (21 pages)

22 The Dragon's Graveyard (25 pages)

G.I Joe

4007 The Worms Of Death (The MASS Device, part 3)  (10 pages)

21 The Greenhouse Effect (9 pages)

Fraggle Rock (Animated)

02A Big Trouble For A Little Fraggle (20 pages)

04A A Fraggle For All Seasons (20 pages)

10A Mokey's Flood Of Creativity (20 pages)

Edited by Greebtron, 30 January 2020 - 09:51 AM.

#52 Greebtron

Greebtron
  • Citizen
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:47 AM

Another round up of storyboard added to the archive

MP 4000 Specials, pilots, miniseries and movies

4064 Pryde Of The X-men storyboard samples

MP 6000 Spider-man And His Amazing Friends

6007 Videoman partial storyboard (27 pages)

MP 600 GI Joe

Marvel Comics issue 14 commercial storyboard (Debut of Destro)

31 Cobra Quake partial storyboard (17 pages)

37-41 Pyramid Of Darkness miniseries main title storyboard (missing 5 pages, became main season 1 title)
Battleforce 2000 commercial storyboard (1988 toyline)

MP 900 Defenders Of The Earth
01 Main title full storyboard

MP 5205 Jem
4041-MT Main Title storyboard: first draft and revised final

26 Glitter And Gold (music video) storyboard: roughs and final of first four pages.

59 The Stingers Hit Town, part 2: Now full storyboard: roughs and final

Also souped up the place a bit by linking clips and music videos from the relevant episodes from official channels.  Plus in the case of Defenders, full episodes as King Features Entertainment has given up on monetizing the show and are putting it up for free.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users