Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 May 2019 - 03:51 PM)

I was intemately familiar with humour... but she just wanted to be friends...

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 May 2019 - 12:10 PM)

BZT Time out! Time out! Time ooooooouuuuuut!!!

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM)

Yes. Are you familiar with humor?

@  Sabrblade : (17 May 2019 - 07:50 AM)

You are familiar with The Room, yes?

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 01:14 AM)

nah, tuxedos are formal wear

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 10:38 PM)

*...while dressed in a tuxedo*

Photo
- - - - -

Beast Wars Neo [English Subtitled] - Now available

karyuudo fansub

65 replies to this topic

#1 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 317 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:17 PM

Box%2Bcover%2B-%2BBW%2BNeo.jpg

We are pleased to announce that Beast Wars Neo is now available.

To download this release click HERE.

What this set includes:

Beast Wars Neo DVD Box Set in MKV format
  • All 35 episodes + 1 trailer in the original Japanese language with 2 optional sets of English subtitles
  • The 1st set is with the original Japanese faction names, honorifics, and translated command code for changing modes
  • 2nd set is for casual fans which replaces the Japanese factions names, honorifics, and command code for changing modes into the Western names. Character names remain the same.

Blue Big Convoy - Transformers EX Manga Side Story in JPG format
  • A two page backstory story bridging the events of Beast Wars Returns and Beast Wars II / Beast Wars Neo.  This story is translated in English.

A Complete Reference Guide
  • A PDF Format Guide explaining translations, cultural references and information about the series.

Extras

CD Singles (FLAC format)
  • LOVE FOR EVER - Sung by:  M.C.R.
  • Te no Naka no Uchuu - Sung by:  Hitomi Yuuki

Videos (Various formats)
  • Beast Wars Neo Commercials
  • Beast Wars Neo Clean Opening and Endings

Books, Magazines and Images (CBR format / JPEG format)
  • Beast Wars Neo DVD Box Set Scans
  • Beast Wars Neo VHS Cassettes Scans
  • Beast Wars Neo CD Single Scans
  • Beast Wars Neo Model Sheets
  • Beast Wars Neo Episode 22 Script Scans
  • Beast Wars Neo Super Encyclopedia
  • Beast Wars Neo Trading cards
  • Beast Wars Neo Manga Scans
  • Beast Wars Neo Mini Comic Scans
  • Beast Wars Neo Secret Illustration Book
  • Beast Wars Neo TV Magazine Profiles

FAQ (Also known as please read first before asking questions) :)

Question: What do I need to download this?
Answer: To be able to download these, you will need a BitTorrent client. We recommend either qBittorrent or Deluge.  Both BitTorrent clients will do the job with no advertisements or hidden surprises.

Once you install the application, you're ready to download from the torrent. Download and open the .torrent file, add it to your torrent program, and the application will do the rest.

Once your download is complete, you can view this release with VLC or Media Player Classic

Question: Will you release these on DVDs?
Answer: Sorry, we have no plans to do this.

Question: What are you planning on subtitling next?
Answer: No idea at the moment, but since there’s lots of untranslated material out there, I’m sure we’ll find something.

Question: Was this series very difficult to translate?
Answer: Yes and no. If a non-native Japanese were to translate this series on their own, there would probably be something lost or misinterpreted in the translation. Thankfully for our team, we have a wonderful friend and teammate named Taka-chan, who is a native born Japanese and fluent in both languages. She, like all of us, is a huge Transformer fan, and took a lot of time out of her busy schedule over the past year and a half to script and translate each episode. If there’s anyone you should be thanking for this series to have been translated, it’s her. :) On top of translating, there’s research that was needed to be done, since sometimes there’s references to old TV shows and movies in the series, and this needed to be explained. All of these instances have been recorded in the translator notes.

Question: Why are some of the character’s names different than certain Transformers fan and resource sites as well as from the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook?
Answer: There are many Transformers fan sites out there which are great resources, with many fans devoting much time to put the information out there to help others understand / fill in the gaps on many different Transformers series. With respect to everyone, fan sites are not official (and neither are we) on how the character’s names are written. There is also some disagreement with how the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook was created; and how many fans didn’t agree with the way some of the character’s names were spelled and their bios’ were written, since most of reference material was based from a fan page. For example, Colada is spelled Cohrada in the IDW Sourcebook.  This is due to Ben Yee’s writing the character profiles based off an early VHS sub of a few episodes almost 20 years ago.  After some discussion and a poll on the Allspark forums, it was decided to correct this by using the spelling which is named from the second of Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar’s (El Cid) swords, the Colada.  At the end of the day, it’s how one interprets it based on the katakana characters.

Question: I would like to customize the subtitles for myself; how do I do that?
Answer: There’s a site called MKVToolNix which hosts various tools to extract the subtitles with. Once to extract the files you can edit them with a subtitling program called Aegisub. We’ve also included the fonts we used in the package so that they appear the same in your customized authored version. Generally speaking, most fan groups like to burn or hard subtitle their files into the video to prevent others from using them. However, we don’t follow this same practice and leave ours as soft subtitles, allowing one to turn them on or off while watching.

Question: I’d like to use your subtitles and translate this show into my native language and publicly release this. Are you OK with me doing this?
Answer: Absolutely! We kindly ask that you contact us either by PM, or on our Facebook page before doing so, as well as providing us the credit in the subtitles with your release. The more that others can get to watch and enjoy this series in their native language, the better it is for the entire community. :)

Question: For some reason, it doesn’t look like VLC is using the fonts properly. How can I fix this?
Answer: You can either copy all the fonts provided in the Extras folder into your fonts folder within C:\Windows\Fonts or right click on each of them included in the package and install them. Unfortunately, since we don’t use either OSX or Linux, we cannot provide any advice on how to install these on those operating systems. However Google can help you with that :)

Question: Are you getting compensated somehow?
Answer: No. Just as we did Car Robots, Zone, Legends of the Microns, and Beast Wars II, we do these projects for free and for fans to enjoy, and are not to be sold in any shape or form. This series in particular is considered one of the last holy grail's among fans, and we’re excited to be able to finally share it with everyone. We hope everyone appreciates the hard work and hundreds of hours that went into creating this.

Question: I have something I want to ask that wasn’t covered here.
Answer: By all means, do ask, and we’ll do the best we can to answer.

#2 Vexwing

Vexwing

You are being deceived

• Staff
  • 3670 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:26 PM

Woo! 

Thank you so much for you and your team's hard work on this! You've once again given and incredible gift to this fandom and it's greatly appreciated!

35806863916_c3f0822359_o.jpg
I'm on twitter for some reason! Hell if I know why.
@vexwing

www.flickr.com/vexwing

#3 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

Woo! 

Thank you so much for you and your team's hard work on this! You've once again given and incredible gift to this fandom and it's greatly appreciated!

You're very welcome!  It's been our pleasure!  We hope you enjoy the show!

#4 ZakuConvoy

ZakuConvoy
  • Citizen
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

I feel like I've been waiting 20 years for this day!  You guys should be proud of yourselves.  You've done what...at least 3 other fansub teams that I'm aware of never managed.  Finally, I can watch this piece of Tranformers history.

Thank you for your hard work.  And I'm looking forward to what you do in the future.  After a healthy rest, of course.  

#5 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27642 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:12 PM

Love Is Here!!

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#6 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:34 PM

I feel like I've been waiting 20 years for this day!  You guys should be proud of yourselves.  You've done what...at least 3 other fansub teams that I'm aware of never managed.  Finally, I can watch this piece of Tranformers history.

Thank you for your hard work.  And I'm looking forward to what you do in the future.  After a healthy rest, of course.  

Thank you so much!  We really hope you enjoy the show.  We're very proud of our work. 

Love Is Here!!

That it is! :) 

#7 KidTDragon

KidTDragon

Unmotivated Webcomicker

• Supporter
  • 2111 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

You guys are the hugging best. Seriously.

Almost Comics!
When you're done laughing, visit the store!

#8 RCX

RCX
  • Retired Staff
  • 2792 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:23 PM

Thank you Kary & team, I'm remember years ago when you announced you were going to start this show!

Can't wait to give it a watch.  Thank you so much.

"I am stronger than you know."
- Rattrap, The Weak Component

#9 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:28 PM

Thank you Kary & team, I'm remember years ago when you announced you were going to start this show!

Can't wait to give it a watch.  Thank you so much.

You guys are the hugging best. Seriously.

Hope you guys enjoy it!  

#10 Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75

That's what I do. I drink, and I know things.

• Supporter
  • 5274 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:30 PM

Question; where do I find the subtitles to add to the episodes? They're not in any of the folders.

*Edit*

Nevermind!

Edited by Shockwave 75, 10 May 2019 - 08:32 PM.

"The objective truths of the world are controversial only to people who are both under-informed and who like to argue." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

#11 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

Question; where do I find the subtitles to add to the episodes? They're not in any of the folders.

*Edit*

Nevermind!

LMFAO!!  I was about to say...  

#12 Blade Raider

Blade Raider
  • Citizen
  • 2236 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:52 PM

Awesome! Thank you!

#13 kary

kary

Karyuudo Fansubs

• Citizen
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:53 PM

Awesome! Thank you!

You're welcome! :) 

#14 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27642 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

Beginning the download now. May have to let it run overnight.

On a different note, I propose a challenge to anyone here that A) is planning to binge-watch this show subbed all the way through from start to finish (preferably those who have not already seen all or nost of this show in raw, unsubbed form), and B) is going to be at RoboCon in June.

The challenge is to see if you can complete watching all 35 episodes before RoboCon officially begins at 3:00pm on Friday, June 14, 2019. Starting now. :thumbsup

Edited by Sabrblade, 11 May 2019 - 09:24 AM.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#15 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 7949 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 05:51 AM

I had forgotten how weird the ending of Second was. I'm glad they seem to be picking up on it.

#16 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64629 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:20 AM

This is so awesome! Thank you kary!

ACItEK8.png

#17 Chip

Chip

Machine Saurer, my strength / Only you can understand my heart.

• Citizen
  • 7949 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

Kary, thank you to you and your team. It's great being able to finally watch this.

#18 MrBlud

MrBlud

Goes down smooth...

• Retired Staff
  • 51635 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:43 AM

Thank you kary!

card-strongarm.jpg

#19 Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely

That was then, this is now.

• Citizen
  • 9218 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

Aw YEAH! I'm gonna get stuck into this as soon as I can! What a time to be alive! 

#20 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3875 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 08:28 AM

Onto episode 3, and...

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users