For the past three weeks, I've been having some difficulty with both accessing and navigating this site... from just a single room of the house: My bedroom.
The site runs slower, with each webpage taking longer to load or even crashing before completion, requiring me to refresh each page multiple times over in order to get them to load properly. Pages with lots of images (particularly those uploaded directly to the site as attachments) are especially troublesome since, even if I can get the pages to load, the images take an extra bit of time and are just as prone to crashing, themselves, becoming broken on my end. Or, if both the pages and their images load all the way, if I click on the images to see their full size, their full-sized versions might not load and instead freeze up the page.
Other issues include:
- Trying to submit posts from the Quick Reply boxes and said posts hesitating to submit, requiring me to hit the "Post" button mutliple times.
- Trying to edit an already-made post and the Quick Edit box doesn't load all the way, requiring me to refresh the whole page all over again to get it to work.
- Trying to insert an image into a post via the Image button and the Image Properties box taking its time to load or not loading at all, requiring me to type out the img tags instead.
- Trying to insert a link into a post's selected text via the Link button and the Link box taking its time to load or not loading at all, requiring me to type out the url= tags instead.
- Some of the Smileys taking their time loading, or not loading at all, in the Smiley drop-down menu.
Now, as I said, these issues are only happening when I try to access the site from my bedroom. When I take my laptop out into the TV room, the kitchen, the dining room, etc., everything works fine. Likewise, when accessing the site from at work or the university, no problems whatsoever. It's only when in my bedroom that these problems arise, and I can't figure out why.
My bedroom is even only one wall away from the dining room and TV room, so it's not like they're at opposite ends of the house. And the problems occur regardless if my door or open or closed.
What's more is that these problems only started occurring three weeks ago (back when I made that Tempspark thread) so it's only a recent development. I've been coming to this site for years and accessing it via the same room, and there haven't been any changes made to the walls or overall structural integrity of the room since these issues started.
Granted, some cosmetic changes have been made, but only in the sense that some new picture frames have been hung on the walls and a new dresser has been added to the room, but I can't imagine things like that creating such problems for my accessing a website.
And while I could just take my laptop out into another room, my bedroom is my preferred workspace so I'd like to be able to continue accessing this site from there.
So, yeah, this is darn peculiar.
Edited by Sabrblade, 04 May 2019 - 10:06 AM.