Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM)

Oh the end of the Ottoman Empire of course.

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 10:14 AM)

*ahem* 4th of July....

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 08:14 AM)

Nothing of importance has happened before, and nothing of importance will happen again.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 08:12 AM)

Nothing of importance happened today.

@  Telly : (03 July 2020 - 09:54 PM)

i want a "i survived 'rona and all i got was this lousy t-shirt"

@  TheMightyMol... : (03 July 2020 - 03:42 PM)

Slogan for 2021: "I Lived, Bitch."

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

They should make the next book in the Survivors series 'I SURVIVED CORONA VIRUS 2020'

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 July 2020 - 03:23 PM)

YEEEE I'M A SURVIVOR-

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:59 AM)

Probably gonna assemble Devastator after work.

@  Nevermore : (03 July 2020 - 06:58 AM)

Ooooh. Overload arrived. He's surprisingly fun.

@  Bass X0 : (02 July 2020 - 04:00 PM)

He's sweeter than the average bear.

Photo

MCU After the Endgame

239 replies to this topic

#121 ultra magnus13

ultra magnus13

Razzaroo

• Citizen
  • 6831 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 13 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

Is it just me or was Fury not present in the final battle either?
I finally got rid of that big white box.

#122 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10809 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

He wasn't clearly visible, but given the fact that Howard the Duck popped up, it wouldn't surprise me if Fury and Maria Hill were somewhere in the background shooting up Sakaarans, Chitauri, Outriders or whatever else Thanos brought with him.

Of course, by that same logic, everyone from all the Netflix shows could have shown up too, so take that as you will.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#123 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47887 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:56 PM

Let's be honest, what would Daredevil do in a fight like that? Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, heck even the Punisher I could see...but DD? As much as I love DD he'd get torn to shreds in seconds.

*Meanwhile in Rust's mind, there's an image of Ebony Maw getting his head caved in by Kingpin and a Car Door*

Edited by Rust, 13 May 2019 - 08:57 PM.

#124 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34894 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:45 PM

Matthew would be coordinating other people.

#125 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10043 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:16 PM

Relatedly, this meme comes to mind:

nfh83gt2bnw21.jpg

https://www.reddit.c...ents/blgran/oc/

#126 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33516 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:16 PM

Let's be honest, what would Daredevil do in a fight like that? Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, heck even the Punisher I could see...but DD? As much as I love DD he'd get torn to shreds in seconds.

Oh please. If Okoye, Natasha, M'Baku, and Clint can fight those battles in Infinity War and Endgame, than DD could too. 

"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is…umm…really, really dumb and bad. " - Strong Bad

#127 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7616 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:36 PM

Yeah, Punisher's going to run out of bullets a long time before Daredevil runs out of devillydares.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#128 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9141 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:51 AM

He wasn't clearly visible, but given the fact that Howard the Duck popped up, it wouldn't surprise me if Fury and Maria Hill were somewhere in the background shooting up Sakaarans, Chitauri, Outriders or whatever else Thanos brought with him.

Of course, by that same logic, everyone from all the Netflix shows could have shown up too, so take that as you will.

Howard the Duck was in Endgame?!? Where?!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#129 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47887 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:56 AM

Oh please. If Okoye, Natasha, M'Baku, and Clint can fight those battles in Infinity War and Endgame, than DD could too. 

...fair point, actually. My brain's decided in addition to wanting a scene with Kingpin taking it to Thanos minions who "embarrassed" him to supply that brilliant long take hallway fight but substitute Chitauri and yeah...it's kind of glorious.

Yeah, Punisher's going to run out of bullets a long time before Daredevil runs out of devillydares.

And now I'm going to refer to DD's baton as his "Devilydare" henceforth.

#130 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34894 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:26 AM

All of those rely less on fists than Dare Devil does.

But the whole topic narrowly ignores how unSUPER the MCU is.  Captain America is only vaguely super.  Iron Man is only super because he builds fancy weapons, which puts him in a boat with Shuri and arguably Clint.

I have an ongoing unease with the MCU-nugget that even without Iron Spider, which I guess MCU Spider-Man won't be without, every suit except the hoodie was provided by Iron Man. Anyone can have super strength in a suit provided by Tony Stak or the various people who will follow him in his work.  Infinity War showed us Peter has his spider sense, but it also showed us that Iron Spider can deploy its legs and rescue him from going out a hole in a spaceship.  The suit amplifies Peter's natural super-ness in ways that it could give that super-ness to anyone.  Maybe Captain America doesn't wear an armor because he refused to do so.  But Clint?  Natasha?  Why aren't they wearing Iron Man armor?  Banner did when he went to Wakanda.  Rhodey does all the time.  Wouldn't Sam and Bucky benefit from it?  Why doesn't everyone willing to stand up on the field against super villains get supered by Stark Enterprises?

#131 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47887 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:03 AM

Because Steve, Clint, and Natasha were kind of on Tony's shit list following Civil War?

Also post-Endgame, I think the door is open for actual supers in a way it wasn't before specifically because Tony won't be around to armor up everyone. The Iron Spider, the Rescue suit, and Rhodey's last suit are literally all that's left.

Edited by Rust, 14 May 2019 - 06:11 AM.

#132 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34894 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:37 AM

Because Steve, Clint, and Natasha were kind of on Tony's shit list following Civil War?

Also post-Endgame, I think the door is open for actual supers in a way it wasn't before specifically because Tony won't be around to armor up everyone. The Iron Spider, the Rescue suit, and Rhodey's last suit are literally all that's left.

Is the Rescue Suit what Pepper was wearing?

Tony has been tinkering in his garage for 5 years.  I'll bet there are some armors there.  But more than that, I'll bet his computer is still there and there are people who can run with it.  Shuri and Banner among those that we KNOW, but someone we don't know too.  I think Tony's computer can make anything from Mark 2 to Make 85 just by being told to do it and all of those suits would be very useful even if nothing new got invented.

#133 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47887 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:50 AM

Is the Rescue Suit what Pepper was wearing?

Tony has been tinkering in his garage for 5 years.  I'll bet there are some armors there.  But more than that, I'll bet his computer is still there and there are people who can run with it.  Shuri and Banner among those that we KNOW, but someone we don't know too.  I think Tony's computer can make anything from Mark 2 to Make 85 just by being told to do it and all of those suits would be very useful even if nothing new got invented.

Yup, Rescue is Pepper's armored alter ego.

As for Friday, I remember Pepper saying something during that scene, and I seem to remember it was akin to "Friday, shut down" or something. I can't recall exactly, but I felt like the implication was the power surge effectively fried her.

Ultimately, I just hope the MCU takes advantage of the situation and move things away from Tony's sphere of influence. Maybe in five years or so have an Armor Wars event where Stark's designs are released into the wild or something, but for a bit not focus on Stark Tech (Or Shuri tech for that matter).

#134 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67283 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

howard-the-duck-in-avengers-endgame.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#135 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4160 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

Do we even know if Tony was still maintaining Rhodey's suit all those years in between?  Tony was retired at that point, and I doubt he had much contact with any of the other Avengers.  I would think  Rhodey had someone else help with the maintenance during those years.  His suit does not have a lot of the really fancy weapons Tony's and the Rescue Suit do, most of his armaments were more standard ballistics, and the rest looks like it is his older, more conventional, suit.

Rhodey certain is going to need someone to do work on the his suit now anyway.

#136 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47887 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

Rhodey certain is going to need someone to do work on the his suit now anyway.

I sort of assumed Rocket was his go-to guy.

#137 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9141 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

howard-the-duck-in-avengers-endgame.jpg

OMG! Whoa!!! That's pretty rad, hehe

Going on about the Armor Wars talk, pshaw, some folks might prefer Black Panther's nanotech over Starks. Shame they can't fly. But put Shuri on it and she'll make it happen. She's still the best Disney Princess.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#138 Rust

Rust

Slightly Off

• Supporter
  • 47887 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

Wakanda tech ought to stay Wakanda tech.

Although, an Armor Wars event that sees Stark-tech go native that ends up being the result of a cyber attack from a unassuming Eastern European Dictatorship like say...Latveria?

#139 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33516 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

All of those rely less on fists than Dare Devil does.

Turn that around. They all rely on their weapons more than Daredevil does. Matt can always pick up a sword or piece of rebar. His strength is that he's honed his body itself into a weapon, and that's doesn't always have to rely on a traditional weapon.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is…umm…really, really dumb and bad. " - Strong Bad

#140 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9141 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:19 AM

?!?

I didn't think about an MCU Armor Wars that involves Dr. Doom! That would rock! (Wait, wrong element. That would be Metal!). Buuuuut it wouldn't be right without Tony. I suppose Morgan could take the lead though, that would be cool.

Btw, I'm sure other folks would have noted it already but, on the action figure front, where is FAT THOR?!

And what the hex is this misleading piece of plastic? It shows the Titan Hero Series Thor in his time heist suit and he's NOT FAT!

Must be like the fake trailers and stuff. Thor looks cool in the heist suit but... not movie accurate.

A casual Fat Thor in-action figure would be pretty nifty.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

Episodes here

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users