Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:44 PM)

need some technical help.how do i charge my selfie stick without using my laptop? is there some kind of portable charger? i know it sounds like a dumb question, but i dont know very much about this stuff

@  MEDdMI : (08 June 2019 - 06:58 PM)

Different songs or overdosing don't work for me. My brain can play multiple songs at once. Best to do something else to distract me.

@  Xellos : (08 June 2019 - 05:36 PM)

Still, the worst is having the last song I hear before going into work being stuck in my head all day.

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Get a different song stuck in your head too. Let them battle for supremacy. Only the strong survive.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 03:53 PM)

Keep listening to it over and over until you got the lyrics memorized. By that point, it will start to fade out of your system.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

I've discovered the easiest cure for having a song stuck in your head is overdosing to the point of fatigue.

@  Steevy Maximus : (08 June 2019 - 12:27 PM)

Jedi Fallen Order sure does look a LOT like a Souls style game with Star Wars flavoring

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 06:18 PM)

I have a hard time believing that you speaking at length and with great detail is something you wouldn't be good at. Glad you had fun.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM)

Funny thing is I wasn't nervous at all. Might have helped that I was able to speak freely due to having assembled my speech from a lot of smaller segments I had previously told to my colleagues on the shopfloor, with a few punchlines added.

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM)

Allegedly I did well. Lots of applause, and was told I was leagues beyond the guy who spoke before me (though that wasn't difficult, that guy was dry as a river on Mars).

@  Nevermore : (07 June 2019 - 02:48 PM)

So I volunteered to hold a small speech at our strike assembly today (lots of Amazon employees, plus some people from IKEA, Smyths toys and some other local retailers).

@  Maximus Ambus : (07 June 2019 - 01:17 PM)

Today Dolly the Sheep and Super Salmon, tomorrow Neo Sapiens. We're through the looking glass people.

@  Kalidor : (07 June 2019 - 12:55 PM)

Happy birthday @Pinkcolliebot

@  Pinkcolliebot : (07 June 2019 - 12:03 PM)

Today's My Birthday!!!

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 June 2019 - 03:16 AM)

Think how many copies of Optimus Prime's brain could fit on that.

Photo

MCU After the Endgame

159 replies to this topic

#81 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.

• Citizen
  • 8507 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:21 PM

I'm hoping GOTG3 is just a conduit to get us to Thor: The Burning Galaxy.

https://mightythor.f.../Burning_Galaxy

#82 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:01 PM

I'm hoping that they were waiting for spoiler time to end before confirming Hemsworth for Guardians 3, just like with releasing the new Spider-Man trailer.  Although it still feels a little premature to talk about Guardians 3, since Gunn hasn't even started shooting Suicide Squad 2 yet :(

#83 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4087 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:26 PM

If they keep the not-quite-chiseled Thor, I can see Hemsworth being onboard. His biggest gripes with the character was the workout routine to get into/maintain the shape for the role.

Not to mention, Thor had one of the best stories in the run up to Endgame. Thor 2, despite being arguably the worst MCU film, was the catalyst that built upon Thor's story from Ragnarok through Endgame...it was a hell of a journey and Endgame made the payoffs worthwhile.

I'm certainly hoping this rendition of the Unworthy Thor turns up in Guardians 3.

EDIT: Actually I like the dichotomy the MCU finds itself in. The real heavy hitters have moved to the cosmic stage, and Earth's left with the talented and powerful...but not ridiculously powerful. Sets the stage well for both Galactus on the cosmic stage and Doom to become a legitimate power on Earth.

Hemsworth has also said that he would be interested in playing Thor again in some interviews leading up to Endgame.  He really started getting into the character thanks to Ragnarok, and had a great time playing Thor in IW and Endgame. Pretty much convinced me Thor was going to make it. 

One thing, Jim Starlin, the guy who created Thanos, has seen an early draft of GotG3 and said Thor is not in it.  However, with GotG3 so far off, maybe the final scrip will include Thor.

And I wouldn't say all the ridiculously powerful are not on Earth.  Wanda is still around, and she is pretty damn powerful.  If it wasn't for bombardment from the Sanctuary II, she would have ended Thanos.

#84 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10596 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:39 PM

Yeah, I was gonna say... although I enjoyed the first two Thor films... particularly the first one for the unique (for a comic book film) style Kenneth Branagh's direction brought to it, the Thor standalone films and the character himself didn't seem to become fully realized until Ragnorok aligned them more with Guardians of the Galaxy and its wonderfully weird take on Marvel's cosmic stuff. I absolutely understand why Hemsworth wouldn't want to hang up his axe quite yet in the same way that RDJ and Chris Evans do.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 06 May 2019 - 10:39 PM.

#85 Kup

Kup
  • Supporter
  • 3003 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

Speaking of those two...post MCU what would you do? Retire? Youve went out on such a high note, career wise, why not just live off of what youve earned and get some of that life Tony was talking about
"Someone once told me that Time is a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I'd rather believe that Time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment -- because they'll never come again."

#86 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45578 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

I certainly hope Chris Evans' hopes of going behind the camera as a director gets reflected in the MCU down the line at some point. I certainly understand if he doesn't want to be known as "That Marvel Director", but I'd love to see what a guy with his history with comic book movies in general could bring to the medium.

...especially say, I don't know, if he was to revisit his roots and be tapped to direct the MCU Fantastic Four film....?

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#87 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12876 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

I've got to be honest,
Spoiler

fslookup.jpg

#88 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

• Citizen
  • 8507 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

Man, if they're going to bring mutants into the MCU then I could totally see the Sokovia Accords being a huge problem...

That's assuming it's still being enforced after the snap, of course.

Edited by Pale Rider, 07 May 2019 - 11:37 AM.

#89 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27626 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

I've got to be honest,

Spoiler

You did see him going full viking warrior right?

Ironbite-though yeah I would've loved for the lightning to have blown off the fat as well.

xC9l3eY.gif

#90 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45578 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:44 PM

I'm actually glad they didn't go that route. Just because Thor was over the worst of his funk, that shouldn't magic away the consequences of it. That's reinforcing the stupid idea that once a person gets over their depression, everything is "fixed".

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#91 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4087 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 03:35 PM

I'm actually glad they didn't go that route. Just because Thor was over the worst of his funk, that shouldn't magic away the consequences of it. That's reinforcing the stupid idea that once a person gets over their depression, everything is "fixed".

Yeah, I was happy they kept Thor that way.  It also powered him down a little bit, since Thor in his Prime would have been able to kill Thanos without the gems pretty quickly.

I am thinking next time we see Thor he will be thinner, probably with Hemsworth's normal proportions.  So so pretty fit, but not to the extreme he had to go through before for the role.

#92 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The New Year brings New Powers!

• Staff
  • 12876 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:22 PM

I've got to be honest,

Spoiler

You did see him going full viking warrior right?

Ironbite-though yeah I would've loved for the lightning to have blown off the fat as well.

Oh yeah, Thor going full viking warrior in the final battle is great. It's simply the fact he stays fat.

fslookup.jpg

#93 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:24 PM

Even a god can't undo a beer belly over night. Or in like a second.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#94 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34216 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:42 PM

I told someone the other day that I don't seem to enjoy trailers anymore.  They are confusing and unsatisfactory and often wind up intentionally misleading.  But that Spider-Man trailer that dropped today is satisfying.

#95 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32686 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:43 AM

If they had undone Thicc-Thor with magic, or a montage, I'd have been pissed as all hell. It took time for him to get that way, it should take time to reverse. He's Thor, not the Beyonder.

Your depression, and symptoms of same, do not make you less worthy.
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#96 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

• Citizen
  • 8507 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

If they had undone Thicc-Thor with magic, or a montage, I'd have been pissed as all hell. It took time for him to get that way, it should take time to reverse. He's Thor, not the Beyonder.

:D

I've been thinking the same thing since it was first suggested.

Spoiler

#97 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11808 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

couple places claiming Nova will be the big new push character for Phase 4.

https://wegotthiscov...-on-nova-movie/

I have some faith in the MCU but i am NOT looking forward to the endless clickbaity articles saying "No, really- his name is Dick Rider."

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#98 NICK NEMESIS

NICK NEMESIS

Www.scatterville.com

• Supporter
  • 16848 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:18 AM

I mean they have to address the destruction of Xandar somehow.
Http://www.scatterville.com

#99 Pale Rider

Pale Rider

• Citizen
  • 8507 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

Apparently it was only half the population that was destroyed, not the planet itself.

https://marvelcinema...com/wiki/Xandar

#100 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10217 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:12 PM

Man, if they're going to bring mutants into the MCU then I could totally see the Sokovia Accords being a huge problem...

That's assuming it's still being enforced after the snap, of course.

At this point, I imagine that the Sokovia Accords were pretty much ripped up and thrown away. Ignoring everything that was brought up in that video, there's also the fact that somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.5-4 billion people were wiped out, and a lot of people are going to wonder what hindered efforts to prevent that. All but the most die hard supporters of the Accords are probably going to think that, had it not been in place, the Avengers and their allies would have had a much easier time fighting off the forces Thanos sent to Earth.

Plus at this point, I'm willing to bet that the people really pushing it were all wiped out by the Snap. We never did get firm word if Ross vanished or not, did we?

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users