Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM)

Corman did make an impressive number of barbarian films back in the day. If impressive is the word

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I mean, where else are you going to see the entire Roger Corman barbarian fantasy library (legally) for free?

@  Steevy Maximus : (17 June 2019 - 08:09 PM)

Oh Tubi TV, you are a haven for terrible films. Netflix, Hulu and Crackle all push for mainstream appeal and prestige, you got the guts to have ready access to dregs even the SyFy channel wouldn't air

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

Also you have Bayonetta and a bunch of Fire Emblem people.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 01:33 PM)

...I mean, Tales character. Probably up to/for it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 01:26 PM)

But what if I need to kill a god? Or several of them?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

Kratos is allowed, but only the one from Tales of Symphonia

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 June 2019 - 10:56 AM)

So no Kratos?

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:42 AM)

In any case I'd rather have another Fire Emblem character than another character from a PlayStation exclusive game who teeeeeechnically was in a spinoff.

@  ▲ndrusi : (17 June 2019 - 10:39 AM)

Kong had his name on the games first, but Mario was the protagonist first. It's debatable.

@  Rycochet : (17 June 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Wouldn't Mario be the one spun off from the Donkey Kong franchise, given that Kong was first?

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 05:19 AM)

I would count Wario and Yoshi, but not DK (might be because I wasn't even aware DK was spun off from the Mario franchise until I was in my mid-20s, but whatever)

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:13 AM)

But to be fair, Corrin is the only one I particularly dislike and it's really more boredom due to their blandness as characters

@  unluckiness : (17 June 2019 - 04:09 AM)

It would depend on whether or not you count DK, Wario and Yoshi as part of the Mario franchise or separate. Scratch that, there are more Mario characters even with just the mushroom symbol people but it's a close call.

@  Pennpenn : (17 June 2019 - 02:55 AM)

You'd figure Fire Emblem would have enough characters in Smash. Kinda feels like there's more FE characters than Mario characters.

@  unluckiness : (16 June 2019 - 01:20 AM)

And for hug's sake, I hope that the new Fire Emblem's PC isn't one of the DLC

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 June 2019 - 04:11 PM)

Smash Bros could never touch a new franchise again, and I'd still have laundry lists of side characters and villains I'd love to see included.

@  unluckiness : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

DINNER

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:36 AM)

cuz i wanna fight a boat

@  SG Roadbuster : (15 June 2019 - 09:35 AM)

if we must have another zelda character, id want the king of red lion

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 10:38 PM)

I would unironically love Tingle in Smash.

@  Paladin : (14 June 2019 - 02:06 PM)

they HAVE to put Travis Touchdown in at some point now, right???

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 June 2019 - 01:24 PM)

Right after Shaq.

@  Locoman : (14 June 2019 - 12:36 PM)

When will we get Bluster Kong in Smash?

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 08:20 AM)

The last three DLC characters are Tingle, Charles Barkley and L Tetris block with Reverse L Tetris block as an Echo fighter.

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Pipe dream Smash entry: The Prince from the Katamari series. :D

@  MEDdMI : (14 June 2019 - 06:35 AM)

The space/time around them gets frozen too! ....or something.

@  unluckiness : (14 June 2019 - 06:01 AM)

I still want to find out how freezing people suspends them in midair

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (14 June 2019 - 02:45 AM)

We really need Subzero or Scorpion in Smash. Violence aside, they are pretty big gaming icons as well.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 08:18 PM)

Given Nintendo's relationship with Tecmo, I'm still waiting for Ryu Hyabusa

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 June 2019 - 07:19 PM)

I'm still waiting for Doomguy.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2019 - 06:47 PM)

I just started watching High School DxD (don't judge me...) and I caught on the Nintendo Treehouse some request Rias for Smash lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 June 2019 - 11:25 AM)

I have having to watch a video to find out why someone wanted me to watch the video

@  Nevermore : (11 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

I remember when the TPB for The Dark Age 2 was delayed for an entire year...

@  Trpodeca : (11 June 2019 - 03:55 AM)

I just wish they'd release the Astro City paperback trades.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:31 AM)

As an open-minded heterosexual, I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

@  Nevermore : (10 June 2019 - 05:29 AM)

Currently in the process of re-reading Kurt Busiek's Astro City. Big props for the issue featuring the "Dancing Master" and its portrayal of non-stereotypical gay characters.

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 June 2019 - 05:25 AM)

Don't phone charges often contain special rapid charge circuitry, though? The voltage might be higher too, given the selfie stick probably has a very basic battery.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 11:28 PM)

Glad to be of assistance!

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM)

*checks selfie stick and phone charger* huh. perfect fit. thanks!

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (09 June 2019 - 09:58 PM)

I would use the USB-to-AC adapter that came with my iPhone, though I gather you must have a different brand of cell phone.

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:42 PM)

In that case a generic adapter is probably your best bet, then. Keep in mind a lot of hotels now have plain USB outlets in rooms too, though; but I guess that's not guaranteed

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 05:31 PM)

yeah, i just need something small to plug into the wall. im not sure im taking my laptop on my trip later this year and i want a way to charge my stuff

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:04 PM)

They also have wall outlets with built-in USB in addition to the two regular plugs; I installed those around my place so I have USB ports everywhere

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:02 PM)

You might be able to get a generic adapter to use with it at Radio Shack if you know the appropriate voltages or whatever

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:01 PM)

It came with a USB cable with no AC adapter? A lot of lower priced electronics do that, presumably assuming that USB is pretty ubiquitous

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 05:00 PM)

Yeah, must be, I guess.

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:59 PM)

maybe having bluetooth has something to do with it?

@  Telly : (09 June 2019 - 04:58 PM)

the one i got has an on/off button, and came with a usb to attach to my laptop to charge it. its this one https://www.walmart....ility/432985497

@  TM2-Megatron : (09 June 2019 - 04:51 PM)

Selfie sticks have power? I thought they were to just hold the phone away from you

Photo

MCU After the Endgame

159 replies to this topic

#61 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1370 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:29 AM

I'm more than ok with this.

MCU did begin with real as you say, but they've been really clever is making the public accept it's a timey wimey wibbly wobbly kind of place of mystery

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#62 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11110 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:59 AM

Though the X-mythos also relies on mutants being feared and hated, while existing side-by-side with beloved aliens, enhanced humans, and gamma monstrocities.

It makes very little sense even within its own premise.

#63 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16962 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:05 AM

Bigotry and racial hatred has never been logical or intelligent in its choice of victim. It is by its very nature illogical and ignorant and unjustified.

-ZacWilliam, honestly I think that conflict between cheered Superhero and hated Mutant makes the "Mutant Metaphor" even stronger.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 05 May 2019 - 08:07 AM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#64 Foffy

Foffy

Ray of chaotic sunshine

• Citizen
  • 8659 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:36 AM

Spider Woman is likely off the table due to Sony.

Disney should just buy them too.
I really don't want the disney entertainment monopoly getting any more massive than it already is tbh. plus they literally already have Spider-Man in the mcu. That already happened without disney buying sony. I'm sure if anyone cared enough to make a spider-woman movie they could do that too.

besides Sony made Into the Spider-Verse, which is objectively the best superhero film ever made. so it'd be baffling to want to throw that away even it wasn't for something that we already have

Edited by Foffy, 05 May 2019 - 08:36 AM.

#65 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14110 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:13 AM

Heroes are out there.  In costume.  You can see them, you can recognize them.  Those damn dirty mutants could be anywhere.  They could be anyone.  They could be in your head right now and you wouldn't even know it.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#66 Daniel Adkins

Daniel Adkins
  • Retired Staff
  • 1640 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:43 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did the exact same thing the first X-Men movie did. Just open with someone giving a lecture about how people with this new gene have been popping up in recent years. Treat mutants and the x-gene as something that has been around for some time, but is an only recently discovered phenomenon. Like something that researchers have only just recently been able to identify and classify. And I think you can expand on the idea of how prejudice against mutants differs from public heroes like The Avengers.

I drew up a speculative list of upcoming releases based on announced shooting dates and confirmed news:

May 1, 2020 - Black Widow

Nov 6, 2020 - The Eternals

Feb 12, 2021 - Shang-Chi

May 7, 2021 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Nov 5, 2021 - Doctor Strange 2

Feb 18, 2022 - Black Panther 2

May 6, 2022 - ???

Jul 29, 2022 - ???

We also know Thor 4 and Captain Marvel 2 are being discussed as well, but until we get more info about a confirmed deal, it's hard to place them. Plus, things could always change.

Personally, my wish/pitch list includes:

Nova - Using Infinity War as a chance to recreate the Nova Corps with Rich Rider's original origin and some elements from the Annihilation crossover (featuring John C. Reily as Rhomman Dey/The Worldmind). Also, throw Chris Powell in this movie.

Fantastic Four - Use either Super-Skrull, Molecule Man, Kang, or Awesome Andy just DON'T USE DOCTOR DOOM AS THE MAIN VILLAIN. Have him be in a supporting role that Reed has to turn to in order to defeat the main villain. 

Ant-Man and the Wasp vs. Ant-Man and Atlas - Scott and Hope face off against Eric O'Grady and Erik Josten. Heck, throw Tom Foster and Raz Malhotra in there too.

Squadron Supreme - Literally just make a Justice League movie, Marvel. 

Spoiler

Edited by Daniel Adkins, 05 May 2019 - 11:45 AM.

#67 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34216 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

Marvel started with its least meta heroes and villains.  I think what we have in store now is to become more comic book.  Captain Marvel just coming out of the gate and in a few weeks Spiderman will be fighting people who are water and stuff.  I really think the X-Men are going to be folded in somehow, though maybe not in a way that we expect.  But I am more sure that the Fantastic Four will be along as soon as they can get it done.

#68 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16962 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:09 PM

I'm kinda hoping Kang is the next big villain. He just has a lot of connections that make sense: Time Travel just introduced. Huge Avengers Villain. Nathanial Richards/Rama Tut connections to the FF, Iron Lad connection to Iron Man, Vision and the Young Avengers. Heck it's only a tiny stretch to tie him to Days of Future Past via Franklin Richards.

He'd be a good way to connect all the toys. And you could have a lot of fun with all his differing personas with different goals (Kang, Rama Tut, Immortus, Iron Lad, Scarlet Centurion, Victor Timely, etc all)

-ZacWilliam, either Kang or Secret Wars/Beyonder is what I would eventually build to next.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 05 May 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#69 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27634 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:39 PM

I'm really hoping for a new Iron Man.  Either the kid from 3 or Morgan Stark stepping into her dad's boots.

Ironbite-with RDJ making a cameo as the voice of her armor's AI.

xC9l3eY.gif

#70 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45593 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

...I mean...

Rhodey's literally right there.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#71 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27634 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:10 PM

Also a solo War Machine movie.

Ironbite-wonder how many movies Cheedle's got on his contract then.

xC9l3eY.gif

#72 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10596 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:30 PM

While it sure would be cute to see an Iron Toddler Morgan tearing up the town, I think we may be at least a few years away from seeing her again, unfortunately. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Tony left her a gift of armor she'll inherit later on, though.

#73 Axaday

Axaday
  • Supporter
  • 34216 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:50 AM

Several weeks ago I took the Spider-man trailer as rumor confirmation.  Spider-man 1 had Tony looking over his shoulder the whole time.  Spider-man 2 has Happy doing some kind of handling on him and Nick Fury telling him to step up.  Iron Man is one of the happy positions that they CAN plug someone else straight into, but it is more interesting if they take a breather first and then replace Tony with someone a lot different.  I think we're going to have a flying Captain America next time out and that Spider-man was already Tony's protege and he won't be Iron Man, but he will be asked to take up some of Tony's slack for now.  Having the kid from Iron Man 3, about Peter's age, slip right into Iron Man armor steals a lot of the investement they've put in Peter.

#74 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16962 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:18 AM

It'd be interesting to see Iron Man 2020 show up (though I doubt it'd be fast enough to happen in actual 2020).

-ZacWilliam, also mostly unrelated I'd be super happy if Guardians 3 that has Thor in Space would introduce Beta-Ray Bill.

#75 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4087 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:42 AM

I'm kinda hoping Kang is the next big villain. He just has a lot of connections that make sense: Time Travel just introduced. Huge Avengers Villain. Nathanial Richards/Rama Tut connections to the FF, Iron Lad connection to Iron Man, Vision and the Young Avengers. Heck it's only a tiny stretch to tie him to Days of Future Past via Franklin Richards.

He'd be a good way to connect all the toys. And you could have a lot of fun with all his differing personas with different goals (Kang, Rama Tut, Immortus, Iron Lad, Scarlet Centurion, Victor Timely, etc all)

-ZacWilliam, either Kang or Secret Wars/Beyonder is what I would eventually build to next.

One interesting tidbit,  one of the potential names for "Endgame" was "Secret Wars", but the Russo bros. decided not to use it since a lot of people working on the MCU want to do it as a potential film.

Spoiler

That being said, I would expect any film adaptation of "Secret Wars" to be different then the original story.  The MCU films have done some diverging from the source material, for the better, so I look forward to seeing what they could do with it.

#76 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8269 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

With Captain Marvel and Thor out in the cosmos, I suppose Guardians of the Galaxy will be the defacto 'Avengers' until they finish restructuring on Earth?

I'd rather Thor have his own adventures than staying with the Guardians though.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#77 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14110 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

The new trailer for Spider Man deals with the world after Endgame.  I think we'll get a lot of questions answered in Far From Home. 

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#78 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6901 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:23 PM

Have we had any kind of confirmation that Thor will actually be in GotG 3? Of course it's the obvious assumption after Endgame, but I find it hard to imagine that Hemsworth would be interested in doing that. I just kind of assumed that like RDJ and Evans he's probably had enough. 

it would sure add some fun to the movie though. Not that the original Guardians crew need help with that.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#79 Rust

Rust

all that was real is left behind

• Supporter
  • 45593 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:27 PM

If they keep the not-quite-chiseled Thor, I can see Hemsworth being onboard. His biggest gripes with the character was the workout routine to get into/maintain the shape for the role.

Not to mention, Thor had one of the best stories in the run up to Endgame. Thor 2, despite being arguably the worst MCU film, was the catalyst that built upon Thor's story from Ragnarok through Endgame...it was a hell of a journey and Endgame made the payoffs worthwhile.

I'm certainly hoping this rendition of the Unworthy Thor turns up in Guardians 3.

EDIT: Actually I like the dichotomy the MCU finds itself in. The real heavy hitters have moved to the cosmic stage, and Earth's left with the talented and powerful...but not ridiculously powerful. Sets the stage well for both Galactus on the cosmic stage and Doom to become a legitimate power on Earth.

Edited by Rust, 06 May 2019 - 06:31 PM.

Don't fight it, it's coming for you, running at ya / It's only this moment, don't care what comes after
Your fever dream, can't you see it getting closer / Just surrender 'cause you feel the feeling taking over
It's fire, it's freedom, it's flooding open / It's a preacher in the pulpit and you'll find devotion
There's something breaking at the brick of every wall, it's holding All that you know
So tell me do you wanna go?

#80 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64823 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

He said he would be interested in Thor 4 with Taika Waititi behind the helm again.

ACItEK8.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users