Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

@  Trpodeca : (17 May 2019 - 11:09 PM)

I voted. Boy there are a worrying amount of parties which sound like fascists.

@  Pennpenn : (17 May 2019 - 06:55 PM)

For those in Australia, it is a federal election today. Go Vote! It's Mandatory!

@  TheMightyMol... : (17 May 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Humor? I 'ardly know 'or!

@  wonko the sane? : (17 May 2019 - 03:51 PM)

I was intemately familiar with humour... but she just wanted to be friends...

@  Maximus Ambus : (17 May 2019 - 12:10 PM)

BZT Time out! Time out! Time ooooooouuuuuut!!!

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 08:23 AM)

Yes. Are you familiar with humor?

@  Sabrblade : (17 May 2019 - 07:50 AM)

You are familiar with The Room, yes?

@  unluckiness : (17 May 2019 - 01:14 AM)

nah, tuxedos are formal wear

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 10:38 PM)

*...while dressed in a tuxedo*

@  unluckiness : (16 May 2019 - 09:22 PM)

*casually tosses kryptonite island at Lex*

@  Sean Whitmore : (16 May 2019 - 06:21 PM)

O hai Lex.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 04:31 PM)

You're just a little chicken! Cheep cheepcheep cheeEeeeEEEeeeep!

@  Nevermore : (16 May 2019 - 04:20 PM)

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 04:14 PM)

So I guess I shouldn't try to tie in The Room.

@  TM2-Megatron : (16 May 2019 - 02:29 PM)

I was just talking cheesy in a dated filmmaking sense, not mind-bogglingly god-awful.

@  Sabrblade : (16 May 2019 - 11:49 AM)

Well, certainly The Last Airbender is worse at being a Superman movie.

@  TheMightyMol... : (16 May 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Is that better or worse than The Last Airbender? I mean, they're both terrible, but....

@  RichardT1977 : (16 May 2019 - 09:28 AM)

And the worst Superman movie is "Dragonball: Evolution".

@  Paladin : (16 May 2019 - 08:01 AM)

the best Superman movie is "The Iron Giant." You cannot convince me otherwise.

@  RichardT1977 : (15 May 2019 - 10:16 PM)

At least even in the first Christopher Reeve movie, when he caught Lois that first time, the background kept scrolling down for a second to indicate it wasn't a sudden stop.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2019 - 10:10 PM)

I guess you had to have been there. I did like the beginning a lot, though; the stuff on Krypton and in Smallville. The movie just got so cheesy once it got to Metropolis, though, it's kind of painful

@  Sean Whitmore : (15 May 2019 - 06:25 PM)

The performances, the cinematography, the significance of a comic book adaptation being treated like a real movie. Silly stuff like that. :)

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2019 - 05:17 PM)

Yeah, I've never really understood what people loved so much about it. Other than the score, of course, which was one of Williams' finest

@  Paladin : (15 May 2019 - 04:06 PM)

and it's not even the dumbest part in that movie.

@  TM2-Megatron : (15 May 2019 - 03:16 PM)

Flying Lois around was fine; it was all the Can You Read My Mind nonsense that ruined the scene

@  Sabrblade : (15 May 2019 - 12:08 PM)

The recent Shazam! movie had Billy bumbling his way through learning his powers. But all or most of it was genuinely funny.

@  RichardT1977 : (15 May 2019 - 11:27 AM)

But yeah, in retrospect it makes me cringe the way he caught and carried the helicopter in his public debut in the first film...

@  RichardT1977 : (15 May 2019 - 11:25 AM)

(she wasn't in III long enough to be flown around)

@  RichardT1977 : (15 May 2019 - 11:25 AM)

You mean the Donner movie, the Donner/Lester movie, and The Quest for Peace (for which I don't know the director)?

@  unluckiness : (15 May 2019 - 11:09 AM)

At least he didn't try to fly lois around like in the Donner movies.

@  Cybersnark : (15 May 2019 - 10:45 AM)

My favourite is still from the first episode of the 90s Superman animated series, where Clark initially tries to catch the falling plane by its tail... which snaps off in his hands because physics doesn't work that way.

@  MEDdMI : (15 May 2019 - 09:46 AM)

I think it'd be boring if a hero could use their powers perfectly right off the bat and not have any unforseen consequences (though I also don't keep up with a lot of superhero stuff, so not familiar with those scenes)

@  Dekafox : (15 May 2019 - 09:23 AM)

Overseas, Kamen Rider Gaim did something similar after Kouta(the main character) got his transformation belt. He tried to do a whole bunch of mundane things with it cause he thought it'd make him better at them and they all go horribly wrong.

@  Paladin : (15 May 2019 - 08:59 AM)

superspeed causes enormous friction on fabric. the 1990 Flash had the same issue and it was mentioned in "The Incredibles" too...

@  fourteenwings : (15 May 2019 - 08:45 AM)

Arrow didn't have one (though Oliver got hurt a lot in flashbacks), Supergirl already had her powers, LoT gang also already had their powers mostly and in Black Lightning discovering your powers seems to be more associated with emotional trauma than anything comedic

@  fourteenwings : (15 May 2019 - 08:43 AM)

In the Arrowverse shows... I guess The Flash accidentally ran so fast he shredded his clothes? (totally not a chance to showcase Grant Gustin's "I'm not Glee kid anymore!" physique)

Photo

MCU After the Endgame

161 replies to this topic

#21 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8208 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

Mr. Fantastic fills the 'daddy' role. Tony Stark only got into it when Peter came along. Thanos is a bad guy too.

Ugh, I realize it's almost impossible to get a new FF movie in the MCU without starting with the origin. Again. Ugh.

And it'll be a phase or two before Franklin gets born, darn!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#22 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9319 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

.....I was going to make a thread like this, but I was waiting for 2 May to coincide with the U.S. release anniversary of Iron Man.

Oh well, I suppose this thread will do.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#23 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10489 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

I also remember seeing somewhere (can't remember where so no source), that this was 'it' as far as avengers movies go.

Not to say we won't get cross over, but certainly the Avengers movies are done.

but the actress isn't sitting well with many people including her Co-stars for End Game.

Source?

This. A reputable source, or GTF off this tangent of yours.

And cosmic-book news? Not a reputable source. That site us a misogynistic joke, so if that's where you're getting your info, don't bother.

His source is himself.. 

According to CBR..  https://www.cbr.com/...emale-avengers/

While filming was underway on Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame, it was revealed that Scarlett Johansson, Zoe Saldana, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Tessa Thompson and Brie Larson all approached Feige about an A-Force/Lady Liberators-type film. And despite nothing have come it yet, they did state Feige seemed generally interested in their ideas.

And the only thing I can find about the cast 'not liking her' are jokes on late night and youtube videos from butt hurt in-cels.

#24 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32651 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Same here. I just did a google crawl, just to be sure, and checked out some articles from several sites, and none of them featured comments about displeased co-stars. In fact, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, and Samuel L. Jackson had all worked with her before she became part of the MCU. 

The hate is, as I suspected, coming from the loud, sad contingent of sexist keyboard-warriors.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#25 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

May Mayhem

• Supporter
  • 61153 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:04 PM

I'd like to eventually get some Defenders going... but the set up for Silver Surfer might take a phase 

"Does the Boss look different to you?" "She Looks Hot." "So that's a no then?"

#26 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16904 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:53 PM

Question - Has anyone seen Marvel address She-Hulk at all. My brother asked me if she was part of the same situation with the Hulk where if he headlines a movie disney has share the proceeds. I told him not as far as I know but I also said I don't think I've ever heard Marvel talk about her rights at all and wether they are tied to her cousin.

-ZacWilliam, she'd be the first on my list if Marvel ever did a "New Avengers" down the line. I'd probably go Black Knight, Crystal, She-Hulk, Hercules, Beast and Justice and Firestar.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 29 April 2019 - 04:53 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#27 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12375 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Question - Has anyone seen Marvel address She-Hulk at all. My brother asked me if she was part of the same situation with the Hulk where if he headlines a movie disney has share the proceeds. I told him not as far as I know but I also said I don't think I've ever heard Marvel talk about her rights at all and wether they are tied to her cousin.

-ZacWilliam, she'd be the first on my list if Marvel ever did a "New Avengers" down the line. I'd probably go Black Knight, Crystal, She-Hulk, Hercules, Beast and Justice and Firestar.

I'm confused by the question. Disney OWNS Marvel...

#28 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1148 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:56 PM

I think he meant Universal, as I believe they have the Hulk standalone and/or title license.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#29 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16904 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:57 PM

Hulk has a pre-existing deal with Universal from back in the pre MCU dark ages. Marvel/Disney has the rights to use him in movies, but if they do a "Hulk" movie, where it's *his* film, Disney has to let Universal distribute it and share the proceeds with that company. (Which is largely why that hasn't happened in the MCU.)

Those sorts of deals tend to be for Character Families (Sony had the FF and related characters the FF Family.) My brothers question was whether She-Hulk as a "Hulk family" character was covered under those Universal rights.

-ZacWilliam, could Marvel/Disney do a She-Hulk film without Universal's distribution or would they only be able to include her in films she wasn't headlining...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 29 April 2019 - 06:06 PM.

#30 Glenn

Glenn

The fault in our Stars(Lord)

• Supporter
  • 10489 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

I want a moon knight movie..

#31 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64618 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

Probably not with She-Hulk. I read a rumor that a Disney+ show was being considered, but who knows if there is any credence to the rumor.

ACItEK8.png

#32 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6411 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:52 PM

Some people are speculating the deep sea earthquake mentioned briefly in Endgame might be a hint at Namor and Atlantis being the main antagonists in the next Black Panther film.

#33 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16904 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

Apparently Hulu just announced Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Damian Hellstorm TV Shows so I guess they're off the table for possible Movies for now. Not that they were high on my list, but Ghost Rider was always possible.

ZacWilliam, that puts Cloak and Dagger, Runaways, SHEILD, Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, and maybe Squirrel Girl and the New Warriors (although I expect that to possibly be dead) off limits for the moment to Movies. I expect Disney would shy away from rebooting any of the Netflix stuff for films anytime soon either (so Daredevil, Heroes for Hire, Jessica Jones, Punisher, and maybe the name "Defenders") Plenty of more things that are open for use, just interesting to know what's likely not on the list. 

#34 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16904 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:07 AM

So following the line of the last post I sorta started wondering what Marvel had left in the tank. I mean yeah, there are a million characters, but leads that could support a film, I wasn't really sure.

So I went over to the Marvel Comixology app and just scrolled through the archive for Marvel characters that have been leads in a book. I left Spidey stuff out (because Sony) and X-men and FF family books (cause those are obvious and coming) and anyone who has already been in the MCU or related TV shows. The Marvel app is hardly comprehensive but it's got enough stuff to at least give me an idea.

Here's what I got:

Hercules
She-Hulk
Darkhawk
Sleepwalker
Blue Marvel
Monsters Unleashed (Kid Kaiju)
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
Iron Heart
Ms Marvel
Champions (Young Hero team)
Man-Thing
Sentry
Agents of Atlas
Alpha Flight
Invaders
Nova
American Dream
Young Avengers
Angela
Quasar
Silver Surfer
Deathlok (modern version)
Avengers Academy
Tigra
Black Knight
Avengers Next
Pet Avengers
West Coast Avengers
Blade
Bloodstone
Machine Man
Captain Britain
Thunderbolts
Ares
Dark Avengers
The Hood
Death's Head
Doom
Gravity
Great Lakes Avengers
Gwenpool
Howard the Duck
Namor
Kazar
Kilraven
Legion of Monsters
Lockjaw
Machine Teen
Moon Knight
Next Wave
Howling Commandos (Monster Team)
Squadron Supremes
Nighthawk
Omega the Unknown
The Order
Hellcat
Power Pack
Ravage 2099
Rawhide Kid
Red Wolf
Sentinel
Shanna the SheDevil
Skull the Slayer
Spider-woman
Starbrand
Terror Inc
Adam Warlock
Thunderstrike
USAgent
Union Jack
Werewolf by Night
Weirdworld
Wonder Man

So that's at least 70 properties at a very cursory incomplete glance. I'm sure there are plenty of things not on there.

-ZacWilliam, Now I'm not saying all of these would make a good movie, but I think maybe any of them COULD with the right approach. It'll be interesting to see where Marvel goes.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 02 May 2019 - 06:10 AM.

#35 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64618 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:50 AM

Spider Woman is likely off the table due to Sony.

ACItEK8.png

#36 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16904 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

Spider Woman is likely off the table due to Sony.

I wasn't sure she was part of the Spidey rights or not as the character traditionally has absolutely nothin to do with Spider-man and no connection at all to his world.

-ZacWilliam, I mean I can totally see how she could get lumped in there cause of the name but the name is pretty much the only connection.

#37 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64618 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure.

Makes me wonder where Spider-Gwen falls too.

As I would think she would have been either with Sony or Fox, but at least Disney has the Fox side taken care of.

Unless she falls into her own thing despite being part Spiderman character part X-Men character.

ACItEK8.png

#38 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16904 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure.

Makes me wonder where Spider-Gwen falls too.

As I would think she would have been either with Sony or Fox, but at least Disney has the Fox side taken care of.

Unless she falls into her own thing despite being part Spiderman character part X-Men character.

Did you mean Gwenpool?

That's a tough one. The "idea" of her being named "Gwen" came IRL from Gwen Stacy but she is not Gwen Stacy. Not even an alternate version. She's just an entirely different girl who happens to be named Gwen Poole. Likewise her "hero" name being "Gwenpool" and the look of her costume were both inspired "in the real world" by Deadpool but the character herself has absolutely nothing to do with Deadpool at all origin or fiction wise.

So I have no idea how that works rights wise when on the one hand she was created "because" of Gwen Stacy and Deadpool but in actuality has nothing to do with them besides that inspiration. And on top of that she was created well after those rights were "sold."

-ZacWilliam, I would assume she's fair game, but who knows... 

#39 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11063 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

Howard the Duck has appeared in the GotG movies, and Adam Warlock has been set up in those same movies (we know he's around, but we haven't seen him yet).

And I know it doesn't mean anything anymore, but Deathlok and Lockjaw have both turned up on TV (in Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans, respectively).

#40 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16904 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

Howard the Duck has appeared in the GotG movies, and Adam Warlock has been set up in those same movies (we know he's around, but we haven't seen him yet).

And I know it doesn't mean anything anymore, but Deathlok and Lockjaw have both turned up on TV (in Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans, respectively).

I was wondering how long it would take for this exact post.  ;) 

Yes I totally broke my own rules. Howard was a cameo, Adam is just a set up so fair game for a list of folks they could do for a film, that was a different Deathlok than the current one and Lockjaw's just a good, good puppy who should be in more things.  :)

-ZacWilliam, there are a couple other on there that are "sorta"/almost rule breakers but eh I just wanted a rough idea of the pool Marvel had left.. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users