Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Xellos : (14 November 2019 - 06:47 PM)

What type of vehicle does Boba Fett use for time travel? A Man-DeLorean.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 03:55 PM)

Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've been to a walk-in clinic, as I tend not to get sick (and the one time I do every 4-5 years, I prefer just riding it out at home), but the last time I went I'm pretty sure you could just show up, no appointment. It may be different in Quebec,though

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:36 PM)

One thing to note about health insurance in Germany is that we have a two-class system: mandatory health insurance is basically the economy class, while private health insurance is the business class.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:32 PM)

My local doctor is actually a shared office with several doctors where you will get randomly assigned to one of the doctors available that day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:30 PM)

Also, employers are required by law to cover part of their employees' health insurance fees, so I only have to pay my part.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 02:28 PM)

Basic examinations and sick notes (known as "work-inability certificates" in Germany) for the employer are covered by our health insurances by default.

@  TheMightyMol... : (14 November 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Around here, we can go to a walk-in clinic whenever, but might have to wait in the queue until there's a doctor available, which can take hours on a busy day. And then hope our insurance will cover anything.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 November 2019 - 07:38 AM)

There actually are a good number of clinics around here: but the walk ins require an appointment (what?) and are only done once a week. IF you can get an appointment, you see a doctor usually within 40 minutes, but good luck getting the appointment.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

Depending on the day.

@  Nevermore : (14 November 2019 - 03:35 AM)

We have family doctors (called "house doctors") with regular office hours where you may need an hour or two of waiting time.

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 November 2019 - 12:50 AM)

Two weeks? That seems a little long; are there not a lot of walk-in clinics around you?

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 07:01 PM)

Does germany make it quick and easy to see a doctor too? Cause an emergency doctor visit can take two weeks out here, and an emergency ROOM visit can take 18-24 hours.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:43 PM)

(Good thing is, under German law, if you call in sick during your vacation and see a doctor immediately, you get to keep your vacation days.)

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:42 PM)

Too bad. My plans wee to do two more overtime hours before having my last day of vacation for the year on Friday. Oh well.

@  Nevermore : (13 November 2019 - 06:41 PM)

So I'm currently on medical leave for a particularly stupid reason: Burned my back with a hot-water bag while sleeping last night. Though the doctor said I'm hardly the first person to have this happen to them.

@  Patch : (13 November 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Just a particularly odious example of the 90s era of depicting transgender women as either the subject of crude humor, or "Jerry Springer" material.

@  Ashley : (13 November 2019 - 04:55 PM)

I think Ace Ventura legit contributed to me spending years in self denial. I will never be ok with Jim Carrey.

@  Benbot : (13 November 2019 - 01:22 PM)

I thought he since changed his tune.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (13 November 2019 - 12:51 PM)

Jim Carry Paladin?

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 November 2019 - 12:22 PM)

Don't doubt what he can do. Sonic the Hedgehog!

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 11:51 AM)

not giving a dime to a transphobic antivaxxer.

@  wonko the sane? : (13 November 2019 - 11:25 AM)

It'll be a terrible movie if jim carrey phones it in. Otherwise it should be decent.

@  Paladin : (13 November 2019 - 10:45 AM)

sonics' still gonna be a terrible movie but at least they whined loud enough to make him look passable for a 2-minute trailer. "yay."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:37 AM)

But of course to annoying people there's no such thing as different decisions made for different reasons, there is only "I like it so it's right" and "I don't like it so it's wrong."

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:35 AM)

Even if we pretend it's objective truth that they were both bad, then they were bad in very different ways.

@  ▲ndrusi : (13 November 2019 - 10:33 AM)

Sonic's previous movie design looked genuinely bad. The Transformers '07 designs just looked insufficiently like what certain loud and obnoxious parts of the fandom think Transformers are required to always look like.

@  Otaku : (13 November 2019 - 08:50 AM)

Um... Purple Monkey Dishwasher?

@  TheMightyMol... : (13 November 2019 - 08:25 AM)

Do we really need to have Every Movie Transformer Thread Ever in the Squawkbox?

@  Bass X0 : (13 November 2019 - 08:13 AM)

Sure it made money but that doesn’t mean it has appealing character designs. Lot of god awful fugly faces in the Transformers movies.

@  Otaku : (12 November 2019 - 08:25 PM)

@Liege My issue with Transformers (2007) were elements I thought were unnecessary.  I know it was supposed to just be a joke, but I didn't ever need to hear about "Sam's Happy Time". >.> Which, being in awe of the first "live action" TF-film, didn't even register until I'd already purchased and watched it on DVD a few times (after seeing it in theaters 3 times).

@  Liege : (12 November 2019 - 08:22 PM)

For all the Bayisms in the 07 movie, it was tempered by Spielberg as producer. Designs aside it was an enjoyable popcorn blockbuster about a boy and his first car who happens to be an alien from another planet. They sequels are just Bay going unchecked after he proved how much bank he could bring in.

@  TM2-Megatron : (12 November 2019 - 07:12 PM)

I didn't find the designs in the '07 movie to be that bad, personally. What got really offputting was how Cybertronians in general become such huge a-holes in the later films; the designs were very much secondary to their horrible personalities

@  Sabrblade : (12 November 2019 - 06:59 PM)

And yet, Transformers still broke the bank at the box office, opened up the brand to a whole new generation of fans, shot the brand up to mainstream appeal, and enabled all kinds of new collector-oriented lines and other avenues to come about. Not saying Sonic's movie will do the same for his series, but the 2007 TF movie certainly did more good than harm.

@  Bass X0 : (12 November 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Paramount changed Sonic due to fan backlash but refused to redo Transformers 2007 with new cgi appearances based on their classic forms everyone’s knows and loves, and can relate to. Trailer 1 Sonic is as appealing a design as 2007 Bumblebee...

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 02:14 PM)

I don't. They're a pain in the ass to repair.

@  Benbot : (12 November 2019 - 12:48 PM)

I wish car companies would bring back flip up headlights

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 November 2019 - 09:07 AM)

Wear a hazmat suit. It's Walmart, they're used to weird.

@  wonko the sane? : (12 November 2019 - 07:54 AM)

2 inches of snow on the side of the house, 2 feet of snow on the deck. I hate this winter already.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 November 2019 - 11:33 PM)

But that requires actually going IN walmart. ;P

@  Liege : (11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM)

Pro tip for anyone hunting the for the Walmart 35th exclusives: try the seasonal aisles rather than the toy section. I found the display with all the exclusives and a bunch of the reflector wave practically untouched amongst those novelty arcade machines and a bunch of frozen merch.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Although that does spark an idea for me. In a new continuity, Censere the Necrobot could be the herald Cityspeaker for Quintessa the Necrotitan just to play on their monikers utilizing Greek for dead, nekrós.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (11 November 2019 - 09:26 PM)

I hate to burst your bubble, Maximus Ambus, but 90% of things said in IDW turned out to be amnesiac half-rememberings courtesy of Adaptus or outright lies courtesy of Shockwave.

@  Jenny : (11 November 2019 - 08:54 AM)

The toy's designed to look like Wipe-Out, anyway.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 08:14 AM)

Didn't they try to retcon that into a figure of speech because that connection went against everybody else's long-term plans?

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 November 2019 - 03:53 AM)

There's still some connection given Trypticon was created by Mortilus.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 November 2019 - 12:12 AM)

Yeah that toy doesn't exactly look like Necrobot.

@  Sabrblade : (10 November 2019 - 08:24 PM)

But.... it's just "Necro" not "Necrobot".

@  TheMightyMol... : (10 November 2019 - 05:10 PM)

But why does the God of Death need a giant space kaiju? Wait, never mind, answered my own question.

@  Maximus Ambus : (10 November 2019 - 02:15 PM)

Yowza I just realised Titans Trypticon comes with Necro AKA Censere AKA Mortilus.

@  Nevermore : (10 November 2019 - 01:15 PM)

I... think the best equivalent would actually be the British "There is room for improvement".

Photo

MCU After the Endgame

195 replies to this topic

#21 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8672 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

Mr. Fantastic fills the 'daddy' role. Tony Stark only got into it when Peter came along. Thanos is a bad guy too.

Ugh, I realize it's almost impossible to get a new FF movie in the MCU without starting with the origin. Again. Ugh.

And it'll be a phase or two before Franklin gets born, darn!

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#22 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 9899 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

.....I was going to make a thread like this, but I was waiting for 2 May to coincide with the U.S. release anniversary of Iron Man.

Oh well, I suppose this thread will do.

遊び終わ。- ブレラ・スターン少佐西暦2059年

Visit the Transformers Wiki and the IDW Hasbro Wiki!

#23 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

I also remember seeing somewhere (can't remember where so no source), that this was 'it' as far as avengers movies go.

Not to say we won't get cross over, but certainly the Avengers movies are done.

but the actress isn't sitting well with many people including her Co-stars for End Game.

Source?

This. A reputable source, or GTF off this tangent of yours.

And cosmic-book news? Not a reputable source. That site us a misogynistic joke, so if that's where you're getting your info, don't bother.

His source is himself.. 

According to CBR..  https://www.cbr.com/...emale-avengers/

While filming was underway on Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame, it was revealed that Scarlett Johansson, Zoe Saldana, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Tessa Thompson and Brie Larson all approached Feige about an A-Force/Lady Liberators-type film. And despite nothing have come it yet, they did state Feige seemed generally interested in their ideas.

And the only thing I can find about the cast 'not liking her' are jokes on late night and youtube videos from butt hurt in-cels.

#24 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32896 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Same here. I just did a google crawl, just to be sure, and checked out some articles from several sites, and none of them featured comments about displeased co-stars. In fact, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, and Samuel L. Jackson had all worked with her before she became part of the MCU. 

The hate is, as I suspected, coming from the loud, sad contingent of sexist keyboard-warriors.

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#25 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Confused? Its a Mayhem thing

• Supporter
  • 62285 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:04 PM

I'd like to eventually get some Defenders going... but the set up for Silver Surfer might take a phase 

#26 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:53 PM

Question - Has anyone seen Marvel address She-Hulk at all. My brother asked me if she was part of the same situation with the Hulk where if he headlines a movie disney has share the proceeds. I told him not as far as I know but I also said I don't think I've ever heard Marvel talk about her rights at all and wether they are tied to her cousin.

-ZacWilliam, she'd be the first on my list if Marvel ever did a "New Avengers" down the line. I'd probably go Black Knight, Crystal, She-Hulk, Hercules, Beast and Justice and Firestar.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 29 April 2019 - 04:53 PM.

Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#27 G.B.Blackrock

G.B.Blackrock

Autobot Ally

• Supporter
  • 12642 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Question - Has anyone seen Marvel address She-Hulk at all. My brother asked me if she was part of the same situation with the Hulk where if he headlines a movie disney has share the proceeds. I told him not as far as I know but I also said I don't think I've ever heard Marvel talk about her rights at all and wether they are tied to her cousin.

-ZacWilliam, she'd be the first on my list if Marvel ever did a "New Avengers" down the line. I'd probably go Black Knight, Crystal, She-Hulk, Hercules, Beast and Justice and Firestar.

I'm confused by the question. Disney OWNS Marvel...

#28 Xellos

Xellos

Go Home Club

• Citizen
  • 1276 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:56 PM

I think he meant Universal, as I believe they have the Hulk standalone and/or title license.

"Cry Havoc, and let slip the perspicacious death paw equipped cat girls of war!" - Hououin Kyouma - Steins;Gate

#29 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:57 PM

Hulk has a pre-existing deal with Universal from back in the pre MCU dark ages. Marvel/Disney has the rights to use him in movies, but if they do a "Hulk" movie, where it's *his* film, Disney has to let Universal distribute it and share the proceeds with that company. (Which is largely why that hasn't happened in the MCU.)

Those sorts of deals tend to be for Character Families (Sony had the FF and related characters the FF Family.) My brothers question was whether She-Hulk as a "Hulk family" character was covered under those Universal rights.

-ZacWilliam, could Marvel/Disney do a She-Hulk film without Universal's distribution or would they only be able to include her in films she wasn't headlining...

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 29 April 2019 - 06:06 PM.

#30 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

I want a moon knight movie..

#31 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65987 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

Probably not with She-Hulk. I read a rumor that a Disney+ show was being considered, but who knows if there is any credence to the rumor.

ACItEK8.png

#32 TriBlurr

TriBlurr

The Purple Monkey

• Citizen
  • 6534 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:52 PM

Some people are speculating the deep sea earthquake mentioned briefly in Endgame might be a hint at Namor and Atlantis being the main antagonists in the next Black Panther film.

#33 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:01 AM

Apparently Hulu just announced Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) and Damian Hellstorm TV Shows so I guess they're off the table for possible Movies for now. Not that they were high on my list, but Ghost Rider was always possible.

ZacWilliam, that puts Cloak and Dagger, Runaways, SHEILD, Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, and maybe Squirrel Girl and the New Warriors (although I expect that to possibly be dead) off limits for the moment to Movies. I expect Disney would shy away from rebooting any of the Netflix stuff for films anytime soon either (so Daredevil, Heroes for Hire, Jessica Jones, Punisher, and maybe the name "Defenders") Plenty of more things that are open for use, just interesting to know what's likely not on the list. 

#34 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:07 AM

So following the line of the last post I sorta started wondering what Marvel had left in the tank. I mean yeah, there are a million characters, but leads that could support a film, I wasn't really sure.

So I went over to the Marvel Comixology app and just scrolled through the archive for Marvel characters that have been leads in a book. I left Spidey stuff out (because Sony) and X-men and FF family books (cause those are obvious and coming) and anyone who has already been in the MCU or related TV shows. The Marvel app is hardly comprehensive but it's got enough stuff to at least give me an idea.

Here's what I got:

Hercules
She-Hulk
Darkhawk
Sleepwalker
Blue Marvel
Monsters Unleashed (Kid Kaiju)
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
Iron Heart
Ms Marvel
Champions (Young Hero team)
Man-Thing
Sentry
Agents of Atlas
Alpha Flight
Invaders
Nova
American Dream
Young Avengers
Angela
Quasar
Silver Surfer
Deathlok (modern version)
Avengers Academy
Tigra
Black Knight
Avengers Next
Pet Avengers
West Coast Avengers
Blade
Bloodstone
Machine Man
Captain Britain
Thunderbolts
Ares
Dark Avengers
The Hood
Death's Head
Doom
Gravity
Great Lakes Avengers
Gwenpool
Howard the Duck
Namor
Kazar
Kilraven
Legion of Monsters
Lockjaw
Machine Teen
Moon Knight
Next Wave
Howling Commandos (Monster Team)
Squadron Supremes
Nighthawk
Omega the Unknown
The Order
Hellcat
Power Pack
Ravage 2099
Rawhide Kid
Red Wolf
Sentinel
Shanna the SheDevil
Skull the Slayer
Spider-woman
Starbrand
Terror Inc
Adam Warlock
Thunderstrike
USAgent
Union Jack
Werewolf by Night
Weirdworld
Wonder Man

So that's at least 70 properties at a very cursory incomplete glance. I'm sure there are plenty of things not on there.

-ZacWilliam, Now I'm not saying all of these would make a good movie, but I think maybe any of them COULD with the right approach. It'll be interesting to see where Marvel goes.

Edited by ZacWilliam1, 02 May 2019 - 06:10 AM.

#35 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65987 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:50 AM

Spider Woman is likely off the table due to Sony.

ACItEK8.png

#36 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

Spider Woman is likely off the table due to Sony.

I wasn't sure she was part of the Spidey rights or not as the character traditionally has absolutely nothin to do with Spider-man and no connection at all to his world.

-ZacWilliam, I mean I can totally see how she could get lumped in there cause of the name but the name is pretty much the only connection.

#37 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65987 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure.

Makes me wonder where Spider-Gwen falls too.

As I would think she would have been either with Sony or Fox, but at least Disney has the Fox side taken care of.

Unless she falls into her own thing despite being part Spiderman character part X-Men character.

ACItEK8.png

#38 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure.

Makes me wonder where Spider-Gwen falls too.

As I would think she would have been either with Sony or Fox, but at least Disney has the Fox side taken care of.

Unless she falls into her own thing despite being part Spiderman character part X-Men character.

Did you mean Gwenpool?

That's a tough one. The "idea" of her being named "Gwen" came IRL from Gwen Stacy but she is not Gwen Stacy. Not even an alternate version. She's just an entirely different girl who happens to be named Gwen Poole. Likewise her "hero" name being "Gwenpool" and the look of her costume were both inspired "in the real world" by Deadpool but the character herself has absolutely nothing to do with Deadpool at all origin or fiction wise.

So I have no idea how that works rights wise when on the one hand she was created "because" of Gwen Stacy and Deadpool but in actuality has nothing to do with them besides that inspiration. And on top of that she was created well after those rights were "sold."

-ZacWilliam, I would assume she's fair game, but who knows... 

#39 Cybersnark

Cybersnark

Sorry I'm late. Had to get my powersuit.

• Citizen
  • 11330 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:48 AM

Howard the Duck has appeared in the GotG movies, and Adam Warlock has been set up in those same movies (we know he's around, but we haven't seen him yet).

And I know it doesn't mean anything anymore, but Deathlok and Lockjaw have both turned up on TV (in Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans, respectively).

#40 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17339 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

Howard the Duck has appeared in the GotG movies, and Adam Warlock has been set up in those same movies (we know he's around, but we haven't seen him yet).

And I know it doesn't mean anything anymore, but Deathlok and Lockjaw have both turned up on TV (in Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans, respectively).

I was wondering how long it would take for this exact post.  ;) 

Yes I totally broke my own rules. Howard was a cameo, Adam is just a set up so fair game for a list of folks they could do for a film, that was a different Deathlok than the current one and Lockjaw's just a good, good puppy who should be in more things.  :)

-ZacWilliam, there are a couple other on there that are "sorta"/almost rule breakers but eh I just wanted a rough idea of the pool Marvel had left.. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users