Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

@  Sabrblade : (01 August 2020 - 04:58 PM)

Urkel!

@  TheMightyMol... : (01 August 2020 - 03:16 PM)

Steeeeeeeeve.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (01 August 2020 - 02:57 AM)

LEEEROOOOOOOOY! jhenkenz...

@  Hg Dragon : (01 August 2020 - 01:21 AM)

Candleja-

@  Sabrblade : (31 July 2020 - 11:02 PM)

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

@  Echowarrior : (31 July 2020 - 10:18 PM)

Spongebob!

@  TheMightyMol... : (31 July 2020 - 05:13 PM)

KHAAAAAAAN

Photo

MCU After the Endgame

239 replies to this topic

#181 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 67473 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:24 AM

I didn't think they could get me excited for many of these film's or series, but they're doing enough different and exciting things for me that I am very excited.

ACItEK8.png

#182 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10055 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:21 PM

What the?

https://deadline.com...ger-1202672545/

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige won’t produce any further Spider-Man films because of an inability by Disney and Sony Pictures to reach new terms that would have given the former a co-financing stake going forward. A dispute that has taken place over the past few months at the top of Disney and Sony has essentially nixed Feige, and the future involvement of Marvel from the Spider-Man universe, sources said.

#183 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30622 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:53 PM

Welp, guess Disney just has to buy Sony now.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#184 Echowarrior

Echowarrior

I write stuff...just not as much as I used to.

• Citizen
  • 10838 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:44 PM

As much as that would solve the problem, is that even possible at this point? They just bought Fox, after all.

William Rendfeld
That Echowarrior guy...
Author of "Transformers: Armada (Revisited)"- Allspark Fic of the Month for December 2005. Archive here.
"In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Credited to Thomas Jefferson.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Credited to Winston Churchill.

#185 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30622 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:27 PM

As much as that would solve the problem, is that even possible at this point? They just bought Fox, after all.

Well, if a mouse can swallow a whole fox... :p

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#186 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10055 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

Phase 4 trailer from D23 Expo 2019:

#187 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13473 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:35 PM

Three new shows confirmed for Disney+: 

*Ms Marvel

*Moon Knight

*She-Hulk. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#188 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8245 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:48 PM

Jeez, now I kinda wish all the previously-announced shows would be over and done with so we can get to these.

Except Falcon/Winter Soldier, cause they announced USAgent and that makes me super happy.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/
And a fic thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/169332-do-no-harm-first-aid/

#189 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10055 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

https://deadline.com...nes-1202703013/

Kit Harington will join the MCU in a yet-to-be-disclosed role.

#190 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10055 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:57 AM

Anyone here been listening to the back-and-forth with Martin Scorsese's denouncement of MCU productions?

https://variety.com/...lms-1203379391/

#191 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13473 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:56 AM

Anyone here been listening to the back-and-forth with Martin Scorsese's denouncement of MCU productions?

Here's a summation.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#192 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:56 AM

Fun fact: I can't name a single film of Scorsese or Coppola that I've ever seen.

So their opinions on "film" are irrelevant to me.

Bunch of old men angry that they're stuck making "art," and not films people love.

~Marduk

#193 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1403 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:36 AM

Fun fact: I can't name a single film of Scorsese or Coppola that I've ever seen.

So their opinions on "film" are irrelevant to me.

Bunch of old men angry that they're stuck making "art," and not films people love.

~Marduk

Yes, no one loves The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, Taxi Driver, The Departed, Wolf of Wallstreet,..

Your personal ignorance is not an invalidation of the weight of their opinions on film.  I don't agree with their opinions, but they certainly have made films people love and certainly do have the credentials to back it up.

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

#194 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1746 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

Oh hey I did, in fact, sit through Apocalypse Now for a class on "Heart of Darkness." So I guess that's one?

I dunno. It just comes across as directors longing for the old days. You know, when films were "Art" and all that.

It's them going, "Do you know who I am?" to modern pop films and, eh. I guess they can do their thing, but, *shrug*.

~Marduk

#195 CORVUS

CORVUS

Holy crap!

• Supporter
  • 33645 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

They can get over themselves.
"Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away." - Strong Bad

#196 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10842 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:31 PM

I think there's room in life for all types of film. If the MCU isn't Scorcese or Coppola's thing (can't say I'm entirely surprised, as they're far outside the target demographic), then fair enough. They're certainly entitled to their opinion, and to state it; but I don't think it's worth bickering about. Their work has earned them a great deal of respect, and an unpopular opinion with the younger generation doesn't just invalidate all that they accomplished.

I enjoyed most of their films, despite most being before my time. I own most of them, and as they come out on 4K blu-ray I'll buy them one more time. I also own the entire MCU, to date, and I'll keep buying those, too.

There are still plenty of films made today that are "art", trying to tackle serious issues, or that have something that's worth being said. You typically won't see many of those films at the theatres, but they're still being made and out there for those in the know.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 23 October 2019 - 11:32 PM.

#197 SHIELD Agent 47

SHIELD Agent 47

Skull Leader

• Retired Staff
  • 10055 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:33 PM

https://twitter.com/...507660998795264

Disney has revealed some new release dates; unsurprisingly, all are on Fridays:

7 October 2022

17 February 2023

5 May 2023

28 July 2023

3 November 2023

#198 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30622 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 10:28 PM

Posting this here since this thread is the closest we have to a general MCU thread:

#199 Destron D-69

Destron D-69

Aligned Continuity Beauty

• Supporter
  • 63285 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 03 May 2020 - 04:31 AM

if they ever were to retcon Obey... they'd have to do it in Shang Chi.... but I don't know what point it would serve...

I mean it seems kinda limiting to make every villain on earth either a cap baddy or a tony baddy... and then to go and make tony's first baddy a cap baddy in disguise ....

<_< be like finding out Doctor Doom was just magneto in a different suit 

#200 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30622 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 07:57 AM

Hydra's more of an "everyone baddy" in this universe. Even Ant-Man had to deal with them in his first movie.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users