Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2019 - 10:36 PM)

Ex-Bundeswehr personnel, eh? Fascinating.

@  Pinkcolliebot : (20 October 2019 - 09:43 PM)

TF Roll Out Hot Rod's Presentation is coming real soon!!

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:05 PM)

So whenever he addresses his troops, he keeps cracking jokes. Sometimes these jokes are about the blunders he himself had made in his speech the previous day.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:01 PM)

At the moment, I'm blessed with a pretty nice superior. He's got a military background, but he takes an oddly entertaining approach to it. Imagine a stand-up comedian who accidentally enlisted as a drill sergeant.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Another type of everyday absurdity: Imagine you're leaving your workplace for your lunchbreak. Upon your return, you discover that your workplace has been cordened and/or gated off during your break, with "construction site" warning signs everywhere. You go to your superior and tell him: "I can no longer access my workplace! Why is there suddenly a construction site?" Your superior takes a surpised look and says: "I don't know, first time I see this." You figure: "Must be a Tuesday, then."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:51 PM)

It's kind of surreal, really.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:50 PM)

They agree that things are less than ideal, but they acknowledge that their scope of making decisions is limited. Oddly, I keep getting that regardless of how high up the chain of command I bother people.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:49 PM)

"I hear you, but you know how it is, there's nothing I can do about it." That's it, basically.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 PM)

Amazon.de doesn't really have the same issue. I've ordered from them (and UK, FR, IT and JP) several times, and their packaging is much better

@  Nevermore : (17 October 2019 - 05:22 PM)

I'm not sure how it works on the customer's end. As packers, we sometimes have items that are flagged as "overwrap", which means we absolutely have to put them into a box even if they're already in pretty sturdy manufacturer packaging.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 03:05 PM)

Yeah, I really do wish amazon had an option to upgrade packaging for an extra buck or something. I hate their bubble mailers

@  Benbot : (17 October 2019 - 07:17 AM)

That's how it works. I just hope my order from Amazon doesn't arrive crushed because they idiotically stuffed it in an envelope.

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

Photo

MCU After the Endgame

188 replies to this topic

#1 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17294 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

So, let's try to keep it to no Spoilers for Endgame without tags, but where do folks see the MCU going next?

We've got Spidey: Far From Home coming in a couple months as the final film of this phase and then we don't quite know what's next. There are a number of films we know are in the works:

Black Widow
Eternals
Dr. Strange 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
and Shang Chi: Master of Kung-Fu

3 new Characters and 4 Sequels could take us at least two more years out . Which is about where Marvel has said it would be before we saw any X-men or FF films.

What characters do folks want to see get a film that havn't?

Do you think there will be any more Avengers films with new members or is that team done for now?

How long do you think it'll take before Marvel starts to begin building to another big crossover event?

Other thoughts about what's next?

-ZacWilliam, My answers: Black Knight, Joe Fixit, She-Hulk and say Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. I would guess they're done for now but not forever, Young Avengers seems like too good an idea not to do in a year or two. My feeling is that they should (and will) take a Phase off, giving us at least a few years before things begin to build again.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 12322 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Don't forget, 2 more series coming to Disney+, and four more to Hulu- although there may be an ownership battle brewing over that so those shows might take a while. 

I would guess at least one or more would be devoted to filling the gaps from the Endgame story. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#3 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3986 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

Spoiler

#4 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1658 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:10 PM

Haven't seen Endgame. I've read the Wikipedia entry and the spoilers here, if that counts.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is one of those things that I'm super interested in. Probably more than "who is the next movie going to be about," if I'm being honest.

~Marduk

#5 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1396 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:39 PM

I also remember seeing somewhere (can't remember where so no source), that this was 'it' as far as avengers movies go.

Not to say we won't get cross over, but certainly the Avengers movies are done.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#6 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32870 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

Don't believe the popular rumors. TRUE-FANS know that phase 4 will revolve around Howard the Duck, and Forbush-Man. 

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#7 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17294 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

I would not expect any big world-changing fallout from the whole Thanos thing. That sort of stuff happens every other week in comic books and once the villain is defeated you get *at most* an issue or two aftermath/clean up from events that in the real world would change the nation or the world forever and then things settle back down to "normal."

Because part of the Marvel Comics conceit is that these amazing stories are taking place in what is otherwise "the world outside your window." It's the same reason Reed Richard's super science never changes the world in the ways it really would. I 100% expect the MCU to follow suit. We'll get a few mentions of things from these two films certainly but otherwise, for all practical purposes the world will be back to "normal" for the next story.

-ZacWilliam, I'd be very very surprised by anything else.

#8 000

• Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

Spider-Man wasn't originally in their roadmap, but they made room for him once he became available.  They can (and should) do the same with the Fantastic Four.  Marvel's First Family needs to be in the mix.

Oh yeah, an A-Force movie would be cool too.

Edited by Aberration, 28 April 2019 - 05:32 PM.

#9 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3529 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

I also remember seeing somewhere (can't remember where so no source), that this was 'it' as far as avengers movies go.

What I heard, Larson, the actress playing Captain Marvel, wants a all Female Avengers (and this was her answer to a question would she rather co star with Hulk or Thor), she even wants to direct a MCU film of her own and I'm thinking "WTF are you insane woman?" Then the head of marvel prior to Captain Marvel been saying Captain Marvel is the face of the MCU going forwards but the actress isn't sitting well with many people including her Co-stars for End Game.

I haven't seen End Game, yet, I'll go in a few days when the serious cowrds have died down a bit and when I got a day off and 3 plus hours to spare

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#10 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1658 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

I don't particularly like or care about the Fantastic Four, but I think that's the direction I'd like to see the MCU go anyway.  I don't know how it'd work, though. I'd almost rather see a new, younger team that gets established post-Endgame than trying to make it so they'd been there all along.

Using FF would give them more big ticket villains to work with. As a "casual," I know who Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Thanos are - anybody else outside of some X-men stuff is a big, "who?"

Endgame spoilers:

Spoiler

~Marduk

#11 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 65843 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:34 PM

I don't think Disney is going to touch the Fantastic Four for a very long time.

ACItEK8.png

#12 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 9124 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:25 PM

Which is sad. But after Fox biffed the latter two FF attempts and even failed to stick the landing the first time I know Id be gun shy to try it again.

But Doom! Galactus! Super Skrull! Franklin! Val! So many characters Id love to see a take on in the MCU.

But I think we have a Young Avengers/Champions movie in the works. Pete may still be a tad young to run with the big leagues full time but I could see him leading the next generation especially with the set up we have over the course of the movies.

Cassie has been set up as idolizing her Dad so I could definitely see her taking up her hero Persona of either Stature or Stinger

We have the kid from Iron Man 3 who could become a version of Iron Lad or the other potential young Iron person

Potentially there is a young Hawkeye as well. We know there are Skrulls in exile so Hulkling is a possibility.

Kamala seems like a bit of a stretch as Carol hasnt even made that big of a public appearance that we know yet.

But you can say that the next generation of heroes are being prepared.

#13 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7949 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:15 PM

I'd be all in for a Young Avengers adaptation!

#14 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1396 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:52 AM

but the actress isn't sitting well with many people including her Co-stars for End Game.

Source?

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#15 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8620 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:10 AM

I'm wondering about that too. Captain Marvel Brie seems ok. Does she just not have the charisma of Robert Downey Jr?

Cripes, I want to discuss character progression but it would still be Endgame spoilers.

Young Avengers, yes. But there's New Warriors TV show, right?

Let's say for the future, for Phase Six, what would be culminating big event be?

Secret Invasion is sorta done (and I'm not into Bendis so much). Not into House of M or A Vs X either but mutants would be awesome.

So I'd say the big crossover they'll build up to would be Secret War. Mixed in with Contest of Champions.

Take two phases to build up new characters AND villains. Then have a cosmic being gather them all up in Battleworld (or whatever) to fight each other. Sure, it's Hunger Games (which is passe now?) but, wow, I would seriously love to see my heroes go all out on each other. It's Civil War but no holds barred.

Villains would be included in the kidnapping since they have powers. Doctor Doom would be scheming his way around everything. Can redeem villains into heroes along the way too.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#16 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:55 AM

Far From Home has officially been stated to be the epilogue for Phase 3, so we'll hopefully see there how the fallout from Endgame goes.

I'd love to see Annihilation, done as a big crossover film event, so you'd get 'Captain Marvel: Annihilation' and 'GotG: Annihilation' and stuff.

We're almost certainty getting Young Avengers, based on Cassie and cut roles and the WandaVision TV show.

I've no idea what's happening with New Warriors, I would have thought it would have been out by now.

#17 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17294 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:18 AM

No one knows what's up with the Squirrel Girl and the New Warriors show. A pilot was filmed. Free form ordered it to series and then apparently changed their mind. Marvel said they were shopping it around to other channels in 2018, but there's been no word since. Honestly at this point I suspect it's dead. Just too much time has passed.

I'd love a Squirrel Girl movie. It'd need just the right director and cast but I'd love it if done right.

-ZacWilliam, Champions or Young Avengers should be on their fast track IMO. I'd be curious which they go with. On name recognition I expect YA to be their choice, but ya never know.

#18 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32870 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:52 AM

but the actress isn't sitting well with many people including her Co-stars for End Game.

Source?

This. A reputable source, or GTF off this tangent of yours.

And cosmic-book news? Not a reputable source. That site us a misogynistic joke, so if that's where you're getting your info, don't bother.
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#19 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16848 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

The Fantastic Four cannot be made into a good movie.
Change my mind.

#20 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17294 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

The Fantastic Four cannot be made into a good movie.
Change my mind.

The Incredibles.

The Avengers.

Heck, 10 years of MCU films.

-ZacWilliam, there's nothing about the FF that makes them any less able to be a good film than the Guardians of the Galaxy say. It all comes down to understanding the property, a good director and good casting. Marvel has been pretty great at those things so I'm not too worried.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users