Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 03:16 AM)

I have heard that, it's rather disappointing. Ah, maybe they'll just leech each others stores of "awful racist vote" and not go anywhere.

Photo

MCU After the Endgame

159 replies to this topic

#1 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16910 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

So, let's try to keep it to no Spoilers for Endgame without tags, but where do folks see the MCU going next?

We've got Spidey: Far From Home coming in a couple months as the final film of this phase and then we don't quite know what's next. There are a number of films we know are in the works:

Black Widow
Eternals
Dr. Strange 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
and Shang Chi: Master of Kung-Fu

3 new Characters and 4 Sequels could take us at least two more years out . Which is about where Marvel has said it would be before we saw any X-men or FF films.

What characters do folks want to see get a film that havn't?

Do you think there will be any more Avengers films with new members or is that team done for now?

How long do you think it'll take before Marvel starts to begin building to another big crossover event?

Other thoughts about what's next?

-ZacWilliam, My answers: Black Knight, Joe Fixit, She-Hulk and say Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. I would guess they're done for now but not forever, Young Avengers seems like too good an idea not to do in a year or two. My feeling is that they should (and will) take a Phase off, giving us at least a few years before things begin to build again.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#2 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11722 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Don't forget, 2 more series coming to Disney+, and four more to Hulu- although there may be an ownership battle brewing over that so those shows might take a while. 

I would guess at least one or more would be devoted to filling the gaps from the Endgame story. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#3 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3876 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

Spoiler

#4 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1529 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:10 PM

Haven't seen Endgame. I've read the Wikipedia entry and the spoilers here, if that counts.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is one of those things that I'm super interested in. Probably more than "who is the next movie going to be about," if I'm being honest.

~Marduk

#5 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1356 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:39 PM

I also remember seeing somewhere (can't remember where so no source), that this was 'it' as far as avengers movies go.

Not to say we won't get cross over, but certainly the Avengers movies are done.

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#6 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32655 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

Don't believe the popular rumors. TRUE-FANS know that phase 4 will revolve around Howard the Duck, and Forbush-Man. 

“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#7 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16910 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

I would not expect any big world-changing fallout from the whole Thanos thing. That sort of stuff happens every other week in comic books and once the villain is defeated you get *at most* an issue or two aftermath/clean up from events that in the real world would change the nation or the world forever and then things settle back down to "normal."

Because part of the Marvel Comics conceit is that these amazing stories are taking place in what is otherwise "the world outside your window." It's the same reason Reed Richard's super science never changes the world in the ways it really would. I 100% expect the MCU to follow suit. We'll get a few mentions of things from these two films certainly but otherwise, for all practical purposes the world will be back to "normal" for the next story.

-ZacWilliam, I'd be very very surprised by anything else.

#8 Aberration

Aberration
  • Citizen
  • 2803 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

Spider-Man wasn't originally in their roadmap, but they made room for him once he became available.  They can (and should) do the same with the Fantastic Four.  Marvel's First Family needs to be in the mix.

Oh yeah, an A-Force movie would be cool too.

Edited by Aberration, 28 April 2019 - 05:32 PM.

#9 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3084 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

I also remember seeing somewhere (can't remember where so no source), that this was 'it' as far as avengers movies go.

What I heard, Larson, the actress playing Captain Marvel, wants a all Female Avengers (and this was her answer to a question would she rather co star with Hulk or Thor), she even wants to direct a MCU film of her own and I'm thinking "WTF are you insane woman?" Then the head of marvel prior to Captain Marvel been saying Captain Marvel is the face of the MCU going forwards but the actress isn't sitting well with many people including her Co-stars for End Game.

I haven't seen End Game, yet, I'll go in a few days when the serious cowrds have died down a bit and when I got a day off and 3 plus hours to spare

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#10 Marduk

Marduk
  • Citizen
  • 1529 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

I don't particularly like or care about the Fantastic Four, but I think that's the direction I'd like to see the MCU go anyway.  I don't know how it'd work, though. I'd almost rather see a new, younger team that gets established post-Endgame than trying to make it so they'd been there all along.

Using FF would give them more big ticket villains to work with. As a "casual," I know who Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Thanos are - anybody else outside of some X-men stuff is a big, "who?"

Endgame spoilers:

Spoiler

~Marduk

#11 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64636 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:34 PM

I don't think Disney is going to touch the Fantastic Four for a very long time.

ACItEK8.png

#12 Daith

Daith

My Nyah brings all the girls to the yard

• Supporter
  • 8927 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:25 PM

Which is sad. But after Fox biffed the latter two FF attempts and even failed to stick the landing the first time I know Id be gun shy to try it again.

But Doom! Galactus! Super Skrull! Franklin! Val! So many characters Id love to see a take on in the MCU.

But I think we have a Young Avengers/Champions movie in the works. Pete may still be a tad young to run with the big leagues full time but I could see him leading the next generation especially with the set up we have over the course of the movies.

Cassie has been set up as idolizing her Dad so I could definitely see her taking up her hero Persona of either Stature or Stinger

We have the kid from Iron Man 3 who could become a version of Iron Lad or the other potential young Iron person

Potentially there is a young Hawkeye as well. We know there are Skrulls in exile so Hulkling is a possibility.

Kamala seems like a bit of a stretch as Carol hasnt even made that big of a public appearance that we know yet.

But you can say that the next generation of heroes are being prepared.

#13 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7766 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 09:15 PM

I'd be all in for a Young Avengers adaptation!

#14 bigbot69

bigbot69

Back and slightly less angry...kinda

• Citizen
  • 1356 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:52 AM

but the actress isn't sitting well with many people including her Co-stars for End Game.

Source?

It's a Newcomic (apparently)

#15 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8215 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:10 AM

I'm wondering about that too. Captain Marvel Brie seems ok. Does she just not have the charisma of Robert Downey Jr?

Cripes, I want to discuss character progression but it would still be Endgame spoilers.

Young Avengers, yes. But there's New Warriors TV show, right?

Let's say for the future, for Phase Six, what would be culminating big event be?

Secret Invasion is sorta done (and I'm not into Bendis so much). Not into House of M or A Vs X either but mutants would be awesome.

So I'd say the big crossover they'll build up to would be Secret War. Mixed in with Contest of Champions.

Take two phases to build up new characters AND villains. Then have a cosmic being gather them all up in Battleworld (or whatever) to fight each other. Sure, it's Hunger Games (which is passe now?) but, wow, I would seriously love to see my heroes go all out on each other. It's Civil War but no holds barred.

Villains would be included in the kidnapping since they have powers. Doctor Doom would be scheming his way around everything. Can redeem villains into heroes along the way too.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#16 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 622 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:55 AM

Far From Home has officially been stated to be the epilogue for Phase 3, so we'll hopefully see there how the fallout from Endgame goes.

I'd love to see Annihilation, done as a big crossover film event, so you'd get 'Captain Marvel: Annihilation' and 'GotG: Annihilation' and stuff.

We're almost certainty getting Young Avengers, based on Cassie and cut roles and the WandaVision TV show.

I've no idea what's happening with New Warriors, I would have thought it would have been out by now.

#17 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16910 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:18 AM

No one knows what's up with the Squirrel Girl and the New Warriors show. A pilot was filmed. Free form ordered it to series and then apparently changed their mind. Marvel said they were shopping it around to other channels in 2018, but there's been no word since. Honestly at this point I suspect it's dead. Just too much time has passed.

I'd love a Squirrel Girl movie. It'd need just the right director and cast but I'd love it if done right.

-ZacWilliam, Champions or Young Avengers should be on their fast track IMO. I'd be curious which they go with. On name recognition I expect YA to be their choice, but ya never know.

#18 CORVUS

CORVUS

Everyone has secrets.

• Supporter
  • 32655 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:52 AM

but the actress isn't sitting well with many people including her Co-stars for End Game.

Source?

This. A reputable source, or GTF off this tangent of yours.

And cosmic-book news? Not a reputable source. That site us a misogynistic joke, so if that's where you're getting your info, don't bother.
“She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit.” - Stieg Larsson

#19 Thylacine 2000

Thylacine 2000

Charismatic Megafauna

• Citizen
  • 16671 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

The Fantastic Four cannot be made into a good movie.
Change my mind.

#20 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 16910 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

The Fantastic Four cannot be made into a good movie.
Change my mind.

The Incredibles.

The Avengers.

Heck, 10 years of MCU films.

-ZacWilliam, there's nothing about the FF that makes them any less able to be a good film than the Guardians of the Galaxy say. It all comes down to understanding the property, a good director and good casting. Marvel has been pretty great at those things so I'm not too worried.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users