Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

@  unluckiness : (18 May 2019 - 08:53 AM)

ow the edge

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 07:03 AM)

a reminder that life is an unrepentant hellscape where everyone & everything you know will eventually betray you.

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:45 AM)

You know, this election is what has finally broken me of any confidence at any point of pre-polling data. I mean, it's always been sketchy, but this is just... aaaargh!

@  Pennpenn : (18 May 2019 - 06:08 AM)

I was going to make an Auspol election thread in P&R, but the outcome so far has made me feel physically ill.

@  Gamma V : (18 May 2019 - 03:28 AM)

Haven't been here in a long time.

Photo
- - - - -

Figure King #255 Hi-Res Scans - Star Convoy, Turtler, Smokescreen, Siege, Cyberverse, Diaclone

16 replies to this topic

#1 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64638 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:20 AM

58443643_2337958712932297_939096652264767488_o.jpg 58383492_2337958736265628_2033765296392634368_o.jpg 58373012_2337958706265631_2655611792746610688_o.jpg 58381234_2337958839598951_7812139911892434944_o.jpg 58461416_2337966859598149_1313742302987943936_n.jpg 59138283_2337966846264817_5083542893776338944_n.jpg

ACItEK8.png

#2 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11722 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:27 AM

oh goodie; Japan can learn just how bad Cyberverse is too.

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#3 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27657 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:29 AM

Oh, to have a translation of that interview...

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#4 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64638 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

This is what Google Translate came up with while missing some of the text (with some editing by me). But I think it gives off the idea.

Look for Spotlight & Magnify Generation Select!

Takara Tomy Find out more ... Generation Select, and about the first Star Convoy, interview with Mr. Yuki responsible for development in Takara Tomy.

We talked about the purpose and purpose of the exclusive series of Internet monopoly. _id fa is a series e 痲

I wanted to put out a Star Convoy. Then you should be able to line up nicely. And the base is the Power of the Prime version of Optimus Prime, but this was a toy that evolved from Orion Pax to Optimus alone. So when the project came out naturally I could make it a toy that would evolve from a (G1 original) Convoy to a Star Convoy. I was thinking that. When I actually tried it, it was hard because there were more new parts than I thought (laughs).

-What will be the lineup in the future?

From Power of the Prime and the Transformers Siege, we have been developing products as global models in line with Hasbro, which conducts overseas development. Under such circumstances, a plan to commercialize a character exclusively for Internet sales that would not be part of the regular Generation series that decides and expand the theme each year, but that core fans would be happy, was born at the same time as Japan and the United States. Anyway, Transformers has many attractive characters. Hasbro has already started to take the lead (with Generations Selects), but "Generation Select" is a movement to try to do such things together in Japan and the United States.-|-!! | | There are a lot of items from Hasbro coming out like this, and it's mainly a partial (not sure what this means), but we also have a lot of stuff. Was it a Star Convoy display at "An'm Poikomo, N Select"? In selecting a character without being tied to a theme.  Normal generations will continue after "Transformers Siege", but characters that are unlikely to appear so far can be taken out with "Generation Select". Furthermore, while Hasbro is not planning to be a r generation select, "but you do need this character?", The TakaraTomy TF development team proposed and planned it, but this Star Convoy. 

Why was the Star Convoy chosen?

That is another story a bit (laughs). It has not been decided yet how to put that out. Oh, it is still big that we want to know what your opponents are, even as we are displaying in a place like Wonfest. So I tried to put a little guerilla (?) on what kind of reaction could be realized. Information on the global model is always preceded by Pan (?), but I'm glad I've been able to pay attention to the information that we send from Takara Tomy. If you hit it, it was a character that was warmed up as an idea in a project that was on the extension of "Legends." Finally! |

Not sure if he was talking about the A-Convoy (Armada Convoy) in the last question, but the question itself is specifically about Star Convoy, so...

Edited by Powered Convoy, 25 April 2019 - 10:13 AM.

ACItEK8.png

#5 Boomhauer

Boomhauer

Creator of all things Transformers

• Citizen
  • 5430 posts
  • Faction::Cannonball's Pirate Crew

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

I notice that their Cyberverse line-up is specifically avoiding the "literally crumbles into mushed plastic in your hands" Wave 1 toys.

#6 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27657 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:17 AM

This is what Google Translate came up with while missing some of the text (with some editing by me). But I think it gives off the idea.

Cool. Can you also try the text for Star Convoy, Turtler, Smokescreen, and the Cyberverse cartoon?

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#7 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 1141 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:46 AM

Look for Spotlight & Magnify r Generation Select!

*clip*   And the base is the Power of the Prime version of Optimus Prime, but this was a toy that evolved from Orion Pax to Optimus alone. So when the project came out naturally I could make it a toy that would evolve from a compost to a Star Convoy. *clip*

I love Google Translate.  So many secrets man was not meant to know.  So, would "COMPOST NOT MUNKY!" be a protest about the advantages of using compost as the base for your robot evolution, instead of monkeys, or is it a specific instruction not to put monkeys in your compost?  Some sort of organic gardening thing?

Edited by Platypus Prime, 25 April 2019 - 11:47 AM.

#8 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64638 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:22 AM

Cool. Can you also try the text for Star Convoy, Turtler, Smokescreen, and the Cyberverse cartoon?

This is what it says about Turtler (and what I can get out of it):

You can see that the base is the Power of the Prime version Terrorcon Hun-Grrr, but it does seem only partially.

Among the items whose silhouette has been released as the next lineup, the scoop of the prototype photo of the Turtler is released !!  Core member of the deep sea united soldier King Poseidon. Given the remakes of Scramble City soldiers in Unite Warriors and Power of the Primes, expectations have risen for other Seacons. Pay attention for a the follow-up!

ACItEK8.png

#9 Sabrblade

Sabrblade
  • Citizen
  • 27657 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:55 AM

In other words "stay tuned". :p

Spoiler

#10 Walky

Walky

King Kong Aventure Fudge

• Citizen
  • 39816 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

Anyway, Transformers has many attractive characters.

#11 SwiftEagle

SwiftEagle
  • Citizen
  • 6103 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:29 PM

Hubba Hubcap.

ASM
Tomorrow's nostalgia today!

#12 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17025 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

Many things in Japan are fun to say.

#13 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64638 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:47 PM

In other words "stay tuned". :p

Spoiler

Hasbro loved / loves to give those non-definitive answers to satiate and placate fans.

ACItEK8.png

#14 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 17025 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:40 PM

Oh no, they brand-unified the answers to questions

#15 lastmaximal

lastmaximal

Cyber Key Power...linx!

• Staff
  • 14038 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:43 PM

But what will I do now that my Japanese non-definitive questions won't have extra Geewun paint apps?

SO OKAY IT'S AVERAGE
Virtually every custom as good as the title suggests!
SoOkayItsAverage.2.gif

#16 Platypus Prime

Platypus Prime
  • Citizen
  • 1141 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

Toyhax has a set for that.

#17 Powered Convoy

Powered Convoy

Skywarp Connoisseur

• Retired Staff
  • 64638 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:46 AM

I had Google Translate try to translate the blurbs about Star Convoy.  One it wasn't able to detect a full sentence, so I didn't include it here.

Text regarding the vehicle:

A vehicle mode is a tractor trailer truck of Convoy. The appearance is almost the same as the Power of the Prime version of Optimus, but it has been updated with details such as the wheels.

Regarding the robot mode (this is rough):

A lot of the front part of the body has been replaced with new parts to realize the styling of the Star Convoy.  It's intriguing how Convoy's guns that can combine with the Matrix, especially in terms of a posing Star Convoy.

General blurb about the figure:

TakaraTomy Mall Limited Item GENERATION SELECTS Star Convoy Release Date: Late September Price: 9,180 yen / Order Period: May 8 13:00.  Convoy powered up by the power of super energy "Zodiac" entrusted from Dai Atlas.  "Now, I'm going to the present day !!" In the domestic development, what took place in 1991 following "Transformers Zone" was a hit hit on the theme of the return of Cybertron's first Supreme Commander Convoy.  Star Convoy was selected as the main product of the GENERATION SELECTS, and the power of the Prime version Optimus Prime was used as the base to recreate the evolution from the Convoy to the Star Convoy. We are updating the design of the Star Convoy including the face, shoulder guns, chest star and more. The chest can accommodate a silver-plated, newly created JMatrix. Let's enjoy the red commander class following the Legends version of Dai Atlas! In addition, 30 times (equivalent to 2550 yen) of regular points will be awarded as a "GENERATION SELECTS" introduction commemorative campaign!

ACItEK8.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users