Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (23 October 2019 - 09:08 AM)

Don't frustrate yourself OR her for it. Just keep the camera ready and if it happens, it happens.

@  Ashley : (23 October 2019 - 12:15 AM)

I'll probably try waving treats in front of her and whistling it, see if I can encourage it

@  Ashley : (23 October 2019 - 12:14 AM)

I'll try. She's not the most obedient bird, so it's going to take some work to get her to do it on demand.

@  wonko the sane? : (22 October 2019 - 10:03 PM)

In fact; we demand video.

@  MEDdMI : (22 October 2019 - 09:26 PM)

Now you have to get it on video

@  Ashley : (22 October 2019 - 08:11 PM)

I'm so proud

@  Ashley : (22 October 2019 - 08:11 PM)

My parrot just whistled the Transformers theme music

@  Steevy Maximus : (22 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Yeah, I think both are too old and too expensive at this stage. Hasbro/Paramount are going to try for younger actors that can do multiple films AND can be locked into a multifilm contract cheaply

@  Paladin : (22 October 2019 - 06:05 PM)

so he'd probably be sixty by the time they get to another GI Joe project.

@  Patch : (22 October 2019 - 06:04 PM)

According to Wikipedia he's 51.

@  Paladin : (22 October 2019 - 05:38 PM)

isn't Crews like sixty now???

@  wonko the sane? : (22 October 2019 - 02:11 PM)

... I could get behind that.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

Who thinks that, in the event of a GI Joe cinematic reboot, John Cena and Terry Crews would be perfect for Duke and Roadblock, respectively?

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 05:17 PM)

nevermind

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:59 PM)

I've barely used them over the years, so I'm sure they won't miss me, but I'm done too. Thankfully Pulse put up the Seacons today.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:58 PM)

i didnt complete it, which is why this is confusing and pi$$ing me off. theres no record of it in my order history. i emailed them about it, so we will see what happens. either way, i think im done using them after this

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:55 PM)

Either we're both unlucky or they're trying to force payment now for these takaratomy mall exclusives.

I asked them to kindly undo that and I got a sternly worded email about how I should use their website right.

Yeah, if you completed the order, they charged you the money now. Mine said stack before I finished checking out. I only noticed I was charged because of Paypal.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:53 PM)

i wasnt even wanting to pay now. i was going to add them to my stack but i didnt get the chance after i was done setting up paypal

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:53 PM)

If you haven't officially placed the order, I don't think so? Although, I had to request a cancellation with them last week because their system changed details about my order after I placed it, so I don't exactly trust them.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

so im not actually being charged then?

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:48 PM)

So, if you were one click away from purchasing, then they probably did the pre-authorization already. The next click will charge you the money now.

@  Shrug : (21 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

TFsource charges upfront for regular pre-orders.

@  Telly : (21 October 2019 - 04:45 PM)

i was considering buying the upcoming seacons from tfsource. i had them in my cart and was on the checkout page. i set up a credit card through paypal, and before i even hit the "place order" button, i got a text saying that a charge or hold was placed on my card! is this normal? is it just checking to see if i have the money? why did it do it before i even placed the order??

@  Maximus Ambus : (21 October 2019 - 01:23 PM)

It's a torture device.

@  Benbot : (21 October 2019 - 09:42 AM)

what's this about Hot Rod?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (20 October 2019 - 10:36 PM)

Ex-Bundeswehr personnel, eh? Fascinating.

@  Pinkcolliebot : (20 October 2019 - 09:43 PM)

TF Roll Out Hot Rod's Presentation is coming real soon!!

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:05 PM)

So whenever he addresses his troops, he keeps cracking jokes. Sometimes these jokes are about the blunders he himself had made in his speech the previous day.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 01:01 PM)

At the moment, I'm blessed with a pretty nice superior. He's got a military background, but he takes an oddly entertaining approach to it. Imagine a stand-up comedian who accidentally enlisted as a drill sergeant.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:54 PM)

Another type of everyday absurdity: Imagine you're leaving your workplace for your lunchbreak. Upon your return, you discover that your workplace has been cordened and/or gated off during your break, with "construction site" warning signs everywhere. You go to your superior and tell him: "I can no longer access my workplace! Why is there suddenly a construction site?" Your superior takes a surpised look and says: "I don't know, first time I see this." You figure: "Must be a Tuesday, then."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:51 PM)

It's kind of surreal, really.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:50 PM)

They agree that things are less than ideal, but they acknowledge that their scope of making decisions is limited. Oddly, I keep getting that regardless of how high up the chain of command I bother people.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 12:49 PM)

"I hear you, but you know how it is, there's nothing I can do about it." That's it, basically.

@  TheMightyMol... : (19 October 2019 - 06:40 AM)

What's it like to have management that's willing to listen to things they don't want to hear? I've never seen that.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:41 AM)

I manage to argue within the company's own internal logic and point out the flaws, shortcomings and discrepancies between "official company policy" and "everyday company reality".

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:40 AM)

Many of my coworkers are scared to even talk to managers. I often discuss company matters with them I disagree with, and it isn't a rare occurrence that they say "yeah, you're right..."

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:38 AM)

I know how to watch my tone, and I prefer to keep things straightforward and factual, never to attack the person, always the problem itself.

@  Nevermore : (19 October 2019 - 04:37 AM)

The good thing for me is ever since a minor hiccup many years ago when I was still non-permanent, I've always managed to along just fine with my various superiors (I've been through over a dozen already). And that's despite my outspokenness, my blunt honesty and my oftentimes harsh criticism.

@  Sabrblade : (18 October 2019 - 11:04 PM)

With visuals presented by the Cybernet Space Cube

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:51 PM)

And don't forget to sign up for a cybersecurity seminar while you're there

@  Dekafox : (18 October 2019 - 04:47 PM)

Well you can always strap on some cyberlimbs and go into cyberspace for a cyberpunk experience

@  NotVeryKnightly : (18 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

You know that "cyber" doesn't mean "cyborg", right?

@  Maximus Ambus : (18 October 2019 - 04:16 PM)

So where's the Cyborgs on CYBERtron?

@  The Doctor Who : (18 October 2019 - 03:47 PM)

Click here and we can send you notifications about your desire to discontinue notifications!

@  Benbot : (18 October 2019 - 10:40 AM)

Why does every damn website want to send me notifications? NO, no one wants your popups! Quit asking!

@  Echowarrior : (18 October 2019 - 09:19 AM)

Amazon in the US has pretty good benefits, though, and even the temp workers had forty hours a week to start with. Even with minimum wage, that's pretty good pay.

@  Nevermore : (18 October 2019 - 01:20 AM)

Oh, the turnover rates are high here as well.

@  TM2-Megatron : (17 October 2019 - 09:45 PM)

Amazon.com and .ca, on the other hand, can be pretty terrible. I know from your squawkbox posts that you guys have your issues with Amazon over there, although you're lucky to have stronger government regulations and a union there. I gather the warehouse workers in the USA and Canada have it pretty crappy, with very high turnover, close to minimum wage pay, and no unions

Photo
- - - - -

Live action Lady and the Tramp

22 replies to this topic

#1 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6285 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:29 PM

I thought this was a parody, but it's coming out in November on Disney's streaming service, Disney+.

Stop. Please stop.

(...unless they did a live-action The Great Mouse Detective, complete with costumes.)

#2 Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus

Snarky Siegie

• Citizen
  • 4589 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:35 PM

You know Disney doesn't have high hopes when they dump it on a streaming service :p

#3 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Mummy...?

• Supporter
  • 18230 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:38 PM

Dear Disney:

giphy.gif

Edited by The Doctor Who, 11 April 2019 - 08:39 PM.

nzo8WYb.png

#4 Locoman

Locoman

meow

• Citizen
  • 3986 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:06 PM

No. No more. Let it end.

#5 tec

tec

Costume Goals

• Supporter
  • 31093 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

*crosses fingers for a live action Black Cauldron*

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#6 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7247 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:47 PM

God forbid a company should dare develop new iterations of their existing properties. It's not the end of the world, people. It might be great, it might be (given the subject matter, literal) dog shit, but either way - I think it's a pretty legitimate use of Disney's time. 

Personally they had me at "Tessa Thompson and Justin Theroux". I can't wait for this. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#7 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6285 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

Ya know, I didn't realize this was just one sliver of a massive info dump on the Disney+ streaming service. Maybe this should just get turned into the Disney+ thread? Assuming one is even needed.

Disney’s streaming service, Disney+, will launch on November 12th for $6.99 a month or $69.99 per year, the company confirmed on Thursday.

Mayer also announced a couple of new projects coming to Disney+, including confirming that Marvel was working on a series based around Avengers characters, Falcon (Anthony Mackie) and Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan). Falcon and Winter Soldier joins a number of series currently in development, including two confirmed live-action projects from Marvel Studios focusing on Loki and Hawkeye, a Monsters, Inc. show, a High School Musical show, and a Star Wars series focusing on a bounty hunter, called The Mandalorian. Disney will also end its vault program in time for Disney+, according to a previous investors call. The vault program essentially made it impossible to buy a movie until it was released for a limited time. Now, all movies will be available to stream exclusively on Disney+, according to Iger.

The Hollywood Reporter previously reported that Disney would launch its streaming service with “500 films from the Disney library ... in addition to around 7,000 episodes of Disney TV.”

Additional series announced by Marvel at the event include What If, an animated series that will "take pivotal moments from the MCU and turn them on their head," and WandaVision, a vaguely teased series starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany as Wanda Maximoff and The Vision, respectively.

Includes all the good Simpsons episodes and a bunch of bad ones.

A Jeff Goldblum National Geographic series.

Called “The World According to Jeff Goldblum,” the series comes from Disney-owned National Geographic. Per Disney: “Jeff pulls back the curtain on a seemingly familiar object to reveal a world of astonishing connections, fascinating science, and a whole lot of big ideas.”

Dangerously little information on Disney Afternoon content so far, but hey.

Me Two Years Ago: "I'm not paying for another streaming service!!11"

Me Now:

via GIPHY

#8 tec

tec

Costume Goals

• Supporter
  • 31093 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:53 PM

oh frack I forgot The Simpsons are a Disney property now how bazaar

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#9 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14607 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:48 AM

https://variety.com/...ney-1201733058/

Yep.

#10 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3539 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:57 AM

Disney will soon start wondering why movies with the Disney brand stop making lots of money, reason, their live action remakes and the fact they aren't producing any original family films any more, its obvious Disney have lost sight of what made them a household name in the first place, these days they are to busy with live action remakes or sequels, when I looked up what they got planned but with no dates attached, among them was Snow White and the Seven Drawfs, that's right folks, they are going back, back to the begining of animated movies to make another live action remake, here is a list of all their future films excluding Marvel & Lucasfilm:

https://en.wikipedia...Future_releases

One thing I spotted in that list, Nightmare Before Christmas 2, and I'm thinking "WTF?" Does that film even need a sequel?

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#11 blueskyscribe

blueskyscribe
  • Citizen
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:54 AM

Couldn't they at least do animated remakes of some properties?  Like the ones that had kind of "eh" animation, like The Aristocats (and they could also take out the uncomfortable racist caricature cat in the band who plays Chopsticks with literal chopsticks and, I don't know, give it some kind of plot).

There's nothing wrong with live action, but . . . I like animation too.  Disney.  Give me your animation.  Your 2-D style animation.

Edited by blueskyscribe, 12 April 2019 - 09:55 AM.

#12 ZacWilliam1

ZacWilliam1
  • Citizen
  • 17302 posts
  • Faction::RIRFIB

Posted 12 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

Maybe they should remake their classic Live actions as animation?

Animated Flubber, Shaggy Dog and Condorman!

-ZacWilliam, Animated The Parent Trap.
Ever wonder about the speed of Turbofoxes?
Or the proverbial ailerons of Titanium Moosebots?

*Visit the one and only Cybertronic Bestiary.
For a mechazoologic tour of the mechanimals of Cybertron.

#13 PiratedTVPro

PiratedTVPro

Quoth Akitsu, "NEVERMORE!"

• Retired Staff
  • 14607 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:07 AM

You know Disney doesn't have high hopes when they dump it on a streaming service :p

This film was developed specifically for Disney+, so it isn't being dumped onto it. It wouldn't exist without it.

Yep.

#14 TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron
  • Supporter
  • 10669 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

So it was developed specifically to be dumped unceremoniously onto their streaming service. meh.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I still like the "big event" feel that a theatrical presentation lends to things; especially if said thing is some kind of shameless cash-in on my nostalgia. If they're going to be so cheap and transparent, I want it to feel bigger (& better is probably asking too much) than before. This gives me more the impression of a direct-to-VHS release, which isn't exciting. It might not be terrible... Return of Jafar wasn't terrible... but it's no event.

Edited by TM2-Megatron, 12 April 2019 - 11:29 AM.

#15 Superomegaprime

Superomegaprime
  • Citizen
  • 3539 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:29 AM

Mary Poppins? Bedknobs and Broom Sticks (some reason my hands wanted to write BedKnobs of Doom Sticks)

This film was developed specifically for Disney+, so it isn't being dumped onto it. It wouldn't exist without it.

Given Disney's resent long term plan, it could be a fair bet they were originally planning to stick it in cinemas, who knows, maybe they still might do and then when its left cinemas, they stick it on their streaming service for a little while before releasing it to home media.

36428543702_ff3b1fc457_m.jpg

#16 tec

tec

Costume Goals

• Supporter
  • 31093 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:42 AM

https://variety.com/...ney-1201733058/

Well well guess I got two more wishes then..

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#17 AgentOrange

AgentOrange
  • Citizen
  • 1220 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 April 2019 - 11:43 AM

So it was developed specifically to be dumped unceremoniously onto their streaming service. meh.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I still like the "big event" feel that a theatrical presentation lends to things; especially if said thing is some kind of shameless cash-in on my nostalgia. If they're going to be so cheap and transparent, I want it to feel bigger (& better is probably asking too much) than before. This gives me more the impression of a direct-to-VHS release, which isn't exciting. It might not be terrible... Return of Jafar wasn't terrible... but it's no event.

You are old fashioned. Being on the streaming service isn't a dump, it's a push to give cause for people to subscribe to the service. The same way the Loki, Vision and Scarlet Witch, and Bucky and Falcon series are for Marvel or the Mandalorian series is for Star Wars.
LOOKDOWN.png

#18 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4124 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:06 PM

You are old fashioned. Being on the streaming service isn't a dump, it's a push to give cause for people to subscribe to the service. The same way the Loki, Vision and Scarlet Witch, and Bucky and Falcon series are for Marvel or the Mandalorian series is for Star Wars.

Yeah, this.   Disney has been working really hard on getting their streaming service both up and packed with high quality, unique content for a couple years now.  This is a major new push for them, they constantly have mentioned it during shareholder meetings for a while now on how this is a big new focus for them.  They want it to do well so they can use it to be a big player in streaming environment, which has been proven to be a major source of revenue thanks to Netflix and Hulu.

This also is an easy way for Disney to leverage one of it's biggest assets, it's gigantic vault of IP's, in a way they completely control.

The way Disney is doing this feels a lot like their past pushes into new areas of revenue generation.  Just look at Disney's Cruise Line's development history for a similar situation.

#19 tec

tec

Costume Goals

• Supporter
  • 31093 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:14 PM

Oh oh oh Herbie the Love Bug

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#20 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7247 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:03 PM

I would LOVE a series of movies that gave Prydain (my ipad autocorrected that to "Predaking") a slightly more faithful treatment than Disney's original take on the material.

And yeah. This stuff is not being dumped anywhere. The streaming service itself is the event - and a big one - and all these Disney and SW and Marvel things they've announced for it are various stones in the glove. They're not just trash being burned off, this isn't the direct to video era. The world is different.

WsuGTl1.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users