Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Nevermore : (16 June 2021 - 04:33 AM)

You know what's kewl? Poor literacy.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 June 2021 - 04:31 PM)

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

@  CORVUS : (15 June 2021 - 04:12 PM)

Kewl. Thanks!

@  Kalidor : (15 June 2021 - 02:08 PM)

Hey everybody! I wanted to announce that Sarahthecutevixen is our newest addition to the Allspark staff. She's primarily looking over discord stuff, but I wanted to make sure she got a welcome over here as well.

@  NovaSaber : (14 June 2021 - 11:07 AM)

Turn-Bass RPG

@  Sabrblade : (14 June 2021 - 10:21 AM)

Do not X0 quietly into the night.

@  ▲ndrusi : (14 June 2021 - 10:13 AM)

All your Bass are--

@  Donocropolis : (14 June 2021 - 05:56 AM)

*Bass X0 not available in Alaska or Hawaii.

@  Steevy Maximus : (13 June 2021 - 07:36 PM)

Get your own Big Mouth BassX0 for the low price of $19.95 (plusshippingandhandling)

@  repowers : (13 June 2021 - 12:45 PM)

Mr. Speaker, we are for the Bass X0.

@  Nevermore : (13 June 2021 - 06:04 AM)

It's all about that Bass XD.

@  tigerhawk : (13 June 2021 - 02:16 AM)

Will altering the moons orbit in any way help.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (13 June 2021 - 01:51 AM)

Now that you have seen this Bass XO, you must send it to five other Bass XOs or BassXO will come to you in a week and then you too will be BassXO.

@  Telly : (13 June 2021 - 12:08 AM)

or feed him after midnight

@  wonko the sane? : (12 June 2021 - 09:00 PM)

Just don't drop him.

@  Kaon : (12 June 2021 - 08:03 PM)

man this chat is nothing but Bass X)

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 07:08 PM)

Carefull, he is a Bass Xo.

@  TheMightyMol... : (12 June 2021 - 05:53 PM)

Aw, it's not even a shiny.

@  Sabrblade : (12 June 2021 - 05:27 PM)

A wild Bass X0 has appeared!

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 05:20 PM)

I didn't even try this time.

@  Nevermore : (12 June 2021 - 03:43 AM)

8ass X÷ has hijacked this conversation.

@  Bass X0 : (12 June 2021 - 03:37 AM)

Its Bass X0. I named myself after my three favourite Mega Man characters - Bass, X and Zero. I did consider going with Vile Bass X0, but that would have been going too far.

@  repowers : (11 June 2021 - 11:29 PM)

Bass XO has been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.

@  Echowarrior : (11 June 2021 - 09:25 PM)

Do not taunt Bass XO.

@  wonko the sane? : (11 June 2021 - 09:02 PM)

Please consult a technician before using Bass XO. Do not operate Bass XO while consuming alcohol.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 June 2021 - 04:48 PM)

Nine out of ten doctors recommend Bass XO. The last doctor is on my list.

@  Dekafox : (11 June 2021 - 01:51 PM)

Bass XO is available at these fine retailers.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 June 2021 - 02:01 AM)

Bass XO is not to be confused with Bay Sexo.

@  Fenix Twilight : (10 June 2021 - 08:38 PM)

It's good to be back, after that outage I think I'll try to post more.

@  Steevy Maximus : (10 June 2021 - 12:16 PM)

I think Hasbro Pulse is broken. Dang Star Wars nerds!

@  tigerhawk : (10 June 2021 - 04:46 AM)

When I googled 'space bridge' I was disappointed. Maybe in a hundred years.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 June 2021 - 04:05 PM)

Bass XO is backward compatible with the Sega Master System.

@  Donocropolis : (09 June 2021 - 05:37 AM)

Bass XO has 9" long, dagger-like teeth and a 12,000 lb. bite force

@  repowers : (08 June 2021 - 07:26 PM)

Bass XO doesn't feel pain. He can't be reasoned with!

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 June 2021 - 02:57 PM)

Bass XO has no known weaknesses.

@  Nevermore : (08 June 2021 - 06:15 AM)

Base XO is definitely unstoppable.

@  Donocropolis : (07 June 2021 - 04:30 PM)

What about magnets? No one knows how they work or what they can do.

@  Bass X0 : (07 June 2021 - 02:22 PM)

Yes Cybershark, and now no force in the universe can stop us.

@  Cybersnark : (07 June 2021 - 10:03 AM)

Aaaan we're back!

@  Telly : (06 June 2021 - 09:07 PM)

its alive! AAAALIIIIIIVEEEEEE! *maniacal laugh*

@  repowers : (06 June 2021 - 02:18 PM)

WHAT!!! ALLSPARK!!! you IN LIVE!!!!!!

@  Donocropolis : (06 June 2021 - 01:53 PM)

Indeed. I was missing it.

@  Shockwave 75 : (06 June 2021 - 11:35 AM)

So glad the boards are back!

@  Echowarrior : (06 June 2021 - 07:45 AM)

It's alive! Alive!

@  wonko the sane? : (05 June 2021 - 08:32 PM)

Aw man, I missed this place...

@  Sabrblade : (05 June 2021 - 08:31 PM)

Now here in Manhattan, the spell is broken! And we live again!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (05 June 2021 - 08:16 PM)

Groovy.

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 07:23 PM)

How is everyone

@  Kaon : (05 June 2021 - 06:42 PM)

test

@  tigerhawk : (24 May 2021 - 07:42 AM)

I'm making progress with tweezers. It's no great loss given Dai Atlas minor roles anyway, I really do prefer this mold for Titans Overlord and Sky Shadow,

Photo

The Devin Nunes Moooooovement

GOP Stupid Morons

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29932 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 09 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

Ok so 2 months ago, Rep. Devin Nunes decided that a few parody twitter accounts were really upsetting to him and decided to sue them.  This is where it gets interesting.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/...suit/index.html

California Republican Rep. Devin Nunes is suing Twitter and three individual Twitter users, accusing them of defaming him in order to derail his re-election campaign and deter him from the Russia investigation.
Nunes, an ally of President Donald Trump and former chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, filed the complaint Tuesday in Virginia state court, seeking $250 million in damages and $350,000 in punitive damages.
The California congressman accuses Twitter of allowing the users to spread "false and defamatory statements" about him, alleging that the company harbors a political agenda against conservatives.
"As part of its agenda to squelch Nunes' voice, cause him extreme pain and suffering, influence the 2018 Congressional election, and distract, intimidate and interfere with Nunes' investigation into corruption and Russian involvement in the 2016 Presidential Election, Twitter did absolutely nothing," the complaint says.

The lawsuit was first reported by Fox News, which posted a draft copy of the complaint on Monday. CNN has reached out to both Nunes' congressional office and lawyer.
Twitter declined to comment on the lawsuit.
Nunes named Republican strategist Liz Mair and two other parody accounts -- Devin Nunes' Mom (@DevinNunesMom) and Devin Nunes' Cow (@DevinCow) -- in his lawsuit.
He accused Mair and the two other accounts of engaging in a "concerted defamation campaign" to "cause immense pain" and divert his attention from leading the House Intelligence's probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.
Nunes pointed to several tweets that he said falsely accused him of federal crimes and includes vulgar language.
"Devin's boots are full of manure. He's udder-ly worthless and its pasture time to move him to prison," reads one tweet from Devin Nunes' Cow.
The Twitter account @DevinNunesMom was suspended after Nunes' real mother complained, the complaint said. @DevinCow remains active and has gained followers since Nunes' complaint was made public. The account posted Monday, "I'm not quitting my day job" in response to the lawsuit. Nunes has asked the court to reveal the users behind the two parody accounts.
Nunes told Fox News on Monday that the lawsuit will be "the first of many."
"We're actually going after Twitter first because they are the main proliferator and they spread this fake news and this slanderous news," Nunes told Fox News.
Mair, who has been outspoken against the President and in 2015 set up an anti-Trump super PAC called "Make America Awesome," said on Twitter that she is "declining comment on this for now."
Nunes' lawsuit also accuses Twitter of "shadow-banning conservatives" -- where a user is unaware his posts aren't viewable by others except him.
Twitter has denied that it "shadow bans" its users, adding that "we certainly don't shadow ban based on political viewpoints or ideology."
A frequent user of Twitter, Trump has slammed the company, claiming that it is biased against Republicans. The President tweeted about the news of Nunes' lawsuit late Monday.
He later tweeted on Tuesday morning, "Facebook, Google and Twitter, not to mention the Corrupt Media, are sooo on the side of the Radical Left Democrats. But fear not, we will win anyway, just like we did before! #MAGA."
CNN legal analyst Laura Coates said Tuesday the lawsuit is unlikely to go far.
"The notion that this would be an actual, valid lawsuit is a far-fetched one," she said on CNN's "Right Now," adding that the law protects platforms like Twitter.

What's interessting about this is Nunes himself once backed a bill called, Discouraging Frivolous Lawsuits Act which probably isn't a good look now.  But wait...THERE'S MORE!  So after suing his own cow, the twitter account gained more followers then his official congressional account because of the attention.

BUT WAIT THERE'S EVEN HUGGING MORE!

Seems that Nunes isn't exactly done with lawsuits as he's now going after a newspaper for writing a story about a pair of winery employees who may have been forced to serve on a sex cruise that Nunes might have had monetary interest in.

In his latest legal onslaught against perceived critics of his policies, U.S. Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Tulare, filed a $150 million defamation suit Monday in a Virginia circuit court against the McClatchy Co. and a Virginia communications consultant described as a “digital terrorist for hire.”

The lawsuit filed in Albemarle County was obtained by The Sacramento Bee on Tuesday, and Nunes confirmed the lawsuit in a Monday night appearance on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show.

Nunes declared that McClatchy reporters need “to come clean with the American people” and retract their “fake news” reports. He said he wants such stories scrubbed from the internet and promised more legal challenges.

“If you’re out there and you lied and you defamed, we are going to come after you,” he told Hannity.

The lawsuit, which follows a previous $250 million lawsuit he filed against Twitter and a parody account known as Devin Nunes’ Cow, targets McClatchy for reporting by The Fresno Bee in a “scheme to defame Plaintiff and destroy his reputation.”

“With the limited opportunity we have had to review this claim, it is wholly without merit and we stand behind the strong reporting of The Fresno Bee,” a McClatchy spokeswoman said Monday night.

Nunes, an ardent supporter of President Donald Trump, has denounced The Fresno Bee as a “left-wing rag” and a “joke,” and has largely refused to provide access to its reporters.

But the lawsuit targets one particular story in The Fresno Bee that ran during his re-election effort last year and reported on a 2016 lawsuit against a winery whose investors include Nunes.

The story by reporter Mackenzie Mays detailed claims in the lawsuit about an event that took place aboard a yacht where winery employee Alene Anase alleged she saw guests on the charity cruise using what appeared to be cocaine “and ‘drawing straws’ for which sex worker to hire.”

That suit was later settled for an undisclosed amount, but Nunes contends the headlines about the suit and its dissemination via Twitter and the internet “was part of a scheme to defame Nunes.”

Nunes never requested a correction to the story. Much of Nunes’ 43-page lawsuit focuses on Twitter, the number of Twitter followers The Bee and Mays have and the fact that the “Yacht/Cocaine/Prostitutes article was republished online and retweeted and posted on the Internet hundreds of thousands of times.”

“It traveled through social media like wildfire,” Nunes’ suit alleges, adding that “McClatchy’s words obviously had their desired effect – they linked Nunes to ‘underage prostitutes’ and ‘cocaine.’ ”

The congressman’s earlier suit against Twitter and the operators of the Devin Nunes’ cow and Devin Nunes’ mom Twitter accounts had a similar impact online, drawing many new followers — the cow account quickly attracted more followers than Nunes’ own account and made him a target of late night comedians.

The suit against McClatchy, which accuses the Fresno Bee of “stealth edits” of the original story, also names Virginia political communications strategist Elizabeth A. “Liz” Mair, accusing her of attacking and smearing Nunes.

Mair, the latest suit notes, was sued earlier by Nunes and responded by changing her Twitter username to “BeingSuedByDevinNunes.”

Nunes claims in the suit that the attacks on him were made, in part, to “interfere with and divert Nunes’ attention from his investigation of corruption and alleged Russian involvement in the 2016 Presidential Election.”

Nunes, who sent out a 40-page magazine style mailer in the waning days of the campaign that attacked The Fresno Bee, has vowed to launch more legal efforts against critics, and his complaints have drawn national attention to The Fresno Bee’s aggressive coverage of him.

Now obviously this wasn't enough to stop Nunes getting reelected in 2016, one of the few Republicans in California to survive the Orange County Bloodbath but I don't like the look of his 2020 chances now.

Ironbite-essentially, Devin Nunes is an idiot who's about to get hit hard with reality.

xC9l3eY.gif

#2 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

*angry horse noises*

• Administrator
  • 42328 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

Trump must be so proud to watch his boy grow up.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#3 Pocket

Pocket

Naylte ven, naylte yen.

• Citizen
  • 5358 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

I realize that this forum engine is garbage but you really need to learn how to add text under a quote box.

"If you can keep your head while everyone around you is losing theirs, chances are you're not paying attention." - unknown

#4 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4258 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:42 PM

The problem is that the GOP have spent the past two years pouring raw sewage into the judicial system, sorry, appointing judges with nothing but partisan concerns in mind. There is a very real chance one of these appointees could rule in favour of Nunes and then the floodgates will open for SLAPP suits against critics and journalists.

#5 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29932 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:48 PM

Oh he knows he can't win these lawsuits.  That's not the point.  The point was to silence his critics.

Ironbite-that's the point.

xC9l3eY.gif

#6 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 14207 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:31 PM

I realize that this forum engine is garbage but you really need to learn how to add text under a quote box.

Don't have a cow, man. 

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#7 Rycochet

Rycochet

We are hostages.

• Citizen
  • 4258 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:52 PM

https://www.techdirt...s-sources.shtml And now he's admitted the suits are one big phishing expedition to try and gain access to the sources of journalists.

#8 Ironbite

Ironbite

TIME JUDGED ALL!

• Supporter
  • 29932 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Nunes should be forced to drop these lawsuits and resign from Congress.

Ironbite-but the GOP doesn't have the balls.

xC9l3eY.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users