Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  -LittleAutob... : (13 July 2020 - 06:21 PM)

\(-_-)

@  Bass X0 : (13 July 2020 - 05:26 PM)

"Here's a little---whatever. A little thing. A disclosure. An insight. Revisionism---I've always been fascinated by it. By the idea of a writer going back and altering things. Make no mistake: an edit is a profoundly aggressive act. As Froid once said, we grieve for the murdered word. If you want to get the measure of an author, don't look at what they've left on the page.... look at what they've taken away." -- Rung (MTMTE #28)

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

Photo

Raft; like water world but actually good.

6 replies to this topic

#1 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

Today, I added yet another beta released survival game to my library. Raft. The tale of waking up on a 2mX2m plank of wood floating on plastic with nothing more than a hook, and scavenging from an ocean of garbage.

Yes, literally.

So far I've managed to burn through three hooks, two fishing rods, and a spear alternating between feeding myself, protecting myself and desperately trying to give myself just a little bit more leg room. I've stabbed sharks, taken pot shots at seagulls (get the hug away from my potato!) and managed to fill my non-existant pockets with various kinds of garbage with which to continue "surviving". If you can call a life lost on an endless ocean, alone... surviving.

Okay, so not entirely alone. I might pluck the wings off that hugging gull and have a friend for a while!

Kidding. The game does have a co-op mode, but I've yet to use it; having only the one play session under my belt. I find the entire thing oddly... mellow. Even when you're dying of thirst or hunger, I don't get the normal sense of urgency or panic I do from other such games. Maybe it's the sound of the ocean (note: do turn down the ambient noise, it's quite over powering.), or maybe it's the fact that you have no literal control over where your artificial island home goes or how fast. You can swim some, and there is the occasional dot of land poking up out of the waves: but largely you just drift in world empty save for the garbage of some civilization you haven't seen yet, and the ruins of other, failed, survivors.

So far, I am utterly enjoying the experience, but you do need to pay attention: there is no tutorial. You need to figure out how to survive on your own, but thankfully it's pretty obvious from the build menu what does what and how quickly you can/should make stuff.

Has anyone else acquired this soggy survival experience?

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#2 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:12 PM

Had my first multiplay session! Definitely more fun with a friend. Though you end up needing double of everything (of course.) and to coordinate carefully as you can very quickly reach the limit of your resources when you aren't working with each other to get stuff done.

#3 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:03 PM

Alright, eventually you end up with enough resources to put drag nets on your boat. They catch all the crap floating in the water FOR you if it passes into, or slightly besides the net. Makes things so much easier and quicker, and you can spend more time concentrating on food and water and less on having wood to burn. But as it stands: those nets are waaayyyy OP: same health as regular pontoon planks, and you can walk over them as if they were solid boards. If you put a bunch checkerboard style in the middle of the boat you don't miss anything.

Also: I am having way to much fun shooting bruce with arrows. It's silly how fun I find that to be.

#4 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:30 AM

Huhn. In my desire to exploit our resources... I accidentally made it to the current end game. Not gonna spoil it, but FOR ME, it changed how the game feels.

#5 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25528 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:08 AM

... you drift up to the big colorful ride unload area and a bored teenager monotones 'thank you for enjoying our exciting river ride attraction exit to your left and come again for more exciting adventures NEXT.'
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#6 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

I wish it was that anti-climatic, and if they ever drop mod tools, I might just slap in that ending. But no, not at all.

#7 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43513 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

Alright... so the game trolled me but hugging good.

In the last update, they included some items which you have to find from the world; notably a boombox and a captain's hat. So me and dave started a new world, and the first island we hit had them. Awesome. I drop the radio on the deck of our little raft, and get back to fishing. The radio is clever, snippets of songs and foreign language shows, switching pretty often so even there isn't a lot there, it doesn't get overly repetitive. When another broadcast breaks in. It's the phonetic alphabet. Holy shit. They hid something in there. I hope it's something related to the game lore. Maybe a distress call or a dead radio station like fallout 3. Oh they were ridiculously well implemented in Fo3.

So I listen. Nope, too fast too robotic. I need a paper and a pen. It took me SEVEN full listen throughs and a dozen half ones to work out what this little station was trying to tell me.

"All your rafts are belong to us". I literally threw my goddamn pen down when I got it. Masterful trolling, It's still got me pissed off. I loved it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users