Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  wonko the sane? : (13 September 2019 - 01:54 PM)

Why do you feel a need to label yourself for doing something harmless?

@  Telly : (13 September 2019 - 11:10 AM)

thats more than i look at on reddit

@  Benbot : (13 September 2019 - 10:49 AM)

am I a basic bitch for only browsing the front page of Reddit?

@  Shrug : (12 September 2019 - 12:26 PM)

I managed to find about 2/3s of my goal Sega Genesis collection before the last price bump

@  Anonymous X : (12 September 2019 - 11:11 AM)

So relieved that I picked up most of my NTSC GameCube collection in 2010/11 before prices on the secondary market went bezerk...

@  unluckiness : (12 September 2019 - 12:54 AM)

I have fond memories of it since it was the last console Mario Kart that didn't have the ridiculous pre-race cart assembly

@  TM2-Megatron : (11 September 2019 - 10:26 PM)

Like many Gamecube games, underrated

@  unluckiness : (11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM)

Double Dash is great. Just watch out for blue shells

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 07:43 AM)

I used a double dash on my mobile. The chat didn’t like it.

@  TheMightyMol... : (11 September 2019 - 04:17 AM)

The mobile version of the site chokes on certain characters, I think.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (11 September 2019 - 04:10 AM)

what's with that punctuation anyway

@  Nevermore : (11 September 2019 - 03:20 AM)

Now where did that come from, Bass X0?

@  Bass X0 : (11 September 2019 - 01:52 AM)

Politics and Religion — tools of foul play!

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you owe, you're expected to actually pay it at the time you file, before they even process your return

@  TM2-Megatron : (10 September 2019 - 11:10 PM)

If you file electronically, I find you usually get your refund within a couple weeks

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 06:22 PM)

Well, lucky it took less than two months for me. For a little over 200 Euros.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 06:11 PM)

Pretty much, yeah. Canada revenue will be all up your ass if you earn less than 200K and owe tax, but your refund is basically "duke nukem forever".

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Whereas if you overpaid and they have to refund you, they will take their sweet time to let you know.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:34 PM)

Like, here in Germany, if the tax authority responds to your tax report quickly, you can rest assured they want more money.

@  Nevermore : (10 September 2019 - 05:33 PM)

Do tax authorities in other countries base their time to respond to filed tax reports on whether they owe or are owed as well?

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 11:13 AM)

Check what the requirements are for your cad program, and try to beat them by about 20%, and understand that software requirements have been stable for a few years: not really keeping up with the advancements in hardware. Unless you're doing something SPECIFIC which requires ludicrous amounts of power, just give your self a cushion on hardware and don't bother going whole hog.

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 10:16 AM)

What I'm currently using is an i5 2018 Surface Laptop. My current desktop is all but dead. I think in the end affordability will win out over specs. I need to use CAD programs, but I'm a student, not a professional.

@  wonko the sane? : (10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM)

Okay. Whats the specs on the I7 and what are you currently using?

@  Benbot : (10 September 2019 - 09:23 AM)

fun and games

@  wonko the sane? : (09 September 2019 - 04:43 PM)

Depends entirely on what you use the computer for.

@  Steevy Maximus : (09 September 2019 - 11:52 AM)

Probably not

@  Benbot : (09 September 2019 - 09:39 AM)

Do I need an i7 on my new computer?

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:08 PM)

https://imgur.com/fkyjpza

@  Nevermore : (08 September 2019 - 12:07 PM)

Today's convention haul:

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 08:54 AM)

But it was Huuunnngrrrryyyy. What was I supposed to do?

@  MEDdMI : (08 September 2019 - 08:23 AM)

But did you feed any small fuzzy creatures after midnight?

@  wonko the sane? : (08 September 2019 - 06:32 AM)

Shouldn't be. I literally just built it. Not even three weeks ago even.

@  TM2-Megatron : (07 September 2019 - 10:13 PM)

Sounds like your computer's on its last lags, Wonko

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 07:37 PM)

Dunno, crucial says it's fine, gonna need a second opinion.

@  Pennpenn : (07 September 2019 - 06:52 PM)

Good luck! (or break a leg if it's like theater luck...)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:46 PM)

Alright. The damages now seem to include my primary SSD. Thankfully, the gaming drive (I have now lost all my games and mods entirely.) Let me wipe it and install there. Once the crucial utility is installed again, will verify the drive.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 03:32 PM)

Three more crashes since I pulled the ram. Verifying the OS now... tonight might be a reinstalling kinda night.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:46 AM)

And thankfully it wasn't totally dead, so it was working on occassion. If the problem is actually solved, I just need to wait and see if the program/system crashes are over.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 11:45 AM)

Got it. I wound up running the memtest four more times, because of course it's always the last dimm. But I got the culprit. I lost 8 gig, but I'm still at three times the "recommended" amount.

@  Hg Dragon : (07 September 2019 - 11:09 AM)

DL and run MemTest86. It'll help weed out issues. Run 1 stick at a time. Then run a stick that passed in each slot. Will help you find out if it's the RAM or the slot/motherboard

@  Patch : (07 September 2019 - 10:45 AM)

How many RAM sticks do you have total?

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 09:57 AM)

Great, two weeks of random BSODs, and I manage to finally work out some ram has gone bad. Just need to work out which one(s) and then I can go from there.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 September 2019 - 06:25 AM)

*just stares*

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 04:27 AM)

My french is rusty but I'd guess Italienne-americain pain du sauce

@  Nevermore : (07 September 2019 - 02:58 AM)

What do they want "pizza" to be called? Crpes superior?

@  unluckiness : (07 September 2019 - 01:11 AM)

Are they still suing Italian restaurants for having food that's insufficiently French?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (06 September 2019 - 10:31 PM)

Not even Quebec likes Quebec?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 08:51 PM)

Quebec's a special case; they just have an insatiable lust for hate

@  Ashley : (06 September 2019 - 07:48 PM)

Those weird language laws are basically anti-everyone. Who does it help to stop certain toys from being sold there?

@  TM2-Megatron : (06 September 2019 - 04:56 PM)

Canada is one of those rare countries that's paradoxically both anti-business (except for the chosen few) and anti-consumer

Photo
- - - - -

Uglydolls

17 replies to this topic

#1 ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie
  • Protoform
  • 25 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:10 PM

Wanted to see if there's any Uglydolls fans here on the wiki or not, and to see who's excited about the upcoming movie!

What merch do you guys have? I mainly have the older dolls, but I just got a Moxy doll from the movie's line (by Hasbro!) today, and I'm looking to get the blind bags very soon:

tumblr_pp7hrj6Gnc1rud8cr_500.jpg

What about the movie? What do you guys think about it? I mean, I know it has the "be yourself" plot that a lot of things have already had, but I really think it can grow to be its own thing, and I'm really excited to see it, even if it's at an inopportune scheduling time on the calendar for a release.

#2 Confuzor

Confuzor

They put em in Smash Bros!!!!

• Supporter
  • 7901 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:07 PM

I like these much better than the droopy eyed things with the realistic teeth. Those things can rot!

#3 ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie
  • Protoform
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:27 PM

I like these much better than the droopy eyed things with the realistic teeth. Those things can rot!

Ah yeah, Fugglers, so many people try and pull a "but they're not even ugly!" thing about Uglydolls, and that just makes me think they'd rather have THOSE animated for a movie, something that I don't think anyone should be subjected to.

#4 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1782 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:35 AM

I like Fugglers, especially this one.I admit, some of them do look diseased or worse but they're pretty cool.

Actually my main complaint about the movie trailer was the UglyDolls aren't ugly and so the "Be Yourself" thing doesn't work as well as if it were the Fugglers that got their own movie. But actually I'm sure Fuggler's can't speak coherently, judging just by how they look, so that'd be a whole other sort of movie. I don't mind, it makes them cuter.

However, I really want the PrettyDolls to get real dolls because they are really cute, especially "Male doll slash model".

By the way for quite the while I thought Fugglers stood for Hugging Ugly Monsters but it's actually Funny Ugly Monsters. It makes much more sense the other way.

Trailer:

There's not much that's unique here, I think. The main character seems really bland.

Oh @ZootyCutie your collection is cool.

All that really matters is we could be friends

✰Elon Musk's 'Biggest Fan'✰

#5 crockalley

crockalley
  • Citizen
  • 286 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

I love UglyDolls.

I bought this issue of Super7 magazine back in 2004 because it had an article on Optimus Prime. It also had this little bit on UglyDolls. That was my first experience with Uglies. I just dug it out of my attic a few weeks ago.
32589446997_fec327129f_c.jpg

46616386005_5c19ab4363_c.jpg

Here's some ads from a few more issues of that magazine.
46616384255_db354fa055_c.jpg

40565774783_1dd22f4455_c.jpg

46808115574_1c60ab0245_c.jpg

33655114768_ea4943208a_c.jpg

46808115434_60dd966ee6_c.jpg

Over the past eight years or so, I've picked up a bunch of the keychain plushes. The height of my active collecting was a few years ago when they were at Toys R Us. They were on huge clearance, but I restrained myself. I regret that now. I should have bought them all!!

#6 ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie
  • Protoform
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:46 PM

I'm at the exact same "should have bought them" when it came to the keychains, they had the Star Trek crossover ones at an indie toy store a couple years back, and I squandered my chance in getting them, so the only keychain one I have is one of the Universal Monster crossovers from one of those "art toy stores" that was dwindling in Uglydolls content when I went. I'm considering getting one of the movie keychains when they come out, but I might hold out until Ice-Bat's releases for the second wave.

#7 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8523 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 03:41 AM

Only learned about them by playing their table top game, where you match and grab them. Fun, screaming chaos.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#8 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

I haven't followed the brand or anything but the movie trailers do look quite entertaining.

#9 ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie
  • Protoform
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:34 PM

tumblr_ppf2yrim3y1rd83ylo1_500.png

So, this is something that Hasbro's doing for the Uglydolls brand exclusively for Target, and I am so excited for it!

I love how they're still hearkening back to the classics, even with the new style that the movie is taking the franchise. Such a shame this had to sell out of its preorders the day of, though!

#10 D Immortalis

D Immortalis

I've gotta make the world know my name...

• Citizen
  • 3747 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

i really love uglydolls and the whole idea behind them...theres something about them and their idea that just has a ton of heart. =]

_+-=-+DAEMON IMMORTALIS+-=-+_

Day One is over, The Future's approaching
The embers are glowing, we're spreading the ash

#11 TF14

TF14
  • Citizen
  • 640 posts
  • Faction::Dinobot

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

I was so into ugly dolls as a child super stoked that theyre getting a movie!!!

Check out howtohero.tumblr.com where I discuss the finer points of superhero life. 

#12 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:27 PM

It bombed, quite badly. Enough to be immediately deemed a failure despite the studio/distro's major (and ongoing!) cost-cutting and hedging attempts.

On the bright side the 26-episode series in development for a release on Hulu next year is probably too far along to pull out of now. It also helps that they have a master toy licensor as big as Hasbro (Wonder Park, our other big animated reject of 2019, had a second or possibly third-tier toy company on it's side).

There's going to be a lot of new things for UglyDolls fans to look forward to, something almost all other franchises whose tent-pole movies drop dead can't say.

#13 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 8523 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:53 AM

It's not fair to say that Endgame just overpowered the Uglydolls, right? I mean, Avengers must have done the same for other movies too.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#14 fourteenwings

fourteenwings
  • Citizen
  • 1782 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:29 AM

I mean I think Avengers: Endgame made like 90% of this weekend's box office in America, but this was released with a plan in spite of that. In fact, it was moved up a weekend to avoid Detective Pikachu.

#15 ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie
  • Protoform
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:07 PM

Despite the box office, I honestly loved the movie a lot. Yes, I'll admit it was a bit cliche in some of its plot points, but it was really cute. So many critics act like it has to be up there to be a good movie (one even tried to claim it's "no Spider-Verse", as if that's the automatic "let's judge everything with it" point now), but the audience seemed to enjoy it, going by the shift in the RT scores.

#16 The Predaking

The Predaking

Finally! A new Predaking is here!

• Staff
  • 38972 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 07 May 2019 - 09:20 AM

I am one of those people that never heard of this until I saw the trailer for the film.  No idea it was had multiple  successful toy lines, tabletop games, etc until I came into this thread. 

The Film did bomb hard, making 8 million on opening weekend, but the next highest film was Longshots at 9 million, then the Intruder at 10 million, and finally Avengers End Game at 147 million. Avengers End Game is just going to dominate the box office at least until Aladdin comes out, and possibly until Dark Phoenix and Secret Life of Pets 2 come out. That being said, I was expecting this do a bit better being the first animated film of the summer, not counting HTTYD3 which came out in the spring, and the trailer got good buzz with parents and kids alike. Maybe it was too ambitious in the days of streaming for this to be a feature film instead of a Netflix original. I am sure that the film will limp along and get somewhere between 25-30 million if it doesn't get pulled this month before Secret Life of Pets 2 comes out on June 7th. I will definitely check it out when it comes out on home media.

Restoring an Old Arcade Machine!

http://www.allspark....ade-game/page-2

#17 ZootyCutie

ZootyCutie
  • Protoform
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 04:45 PM

I haven't seen the numbers yet, but Korea seems to be enjoying the movie much higher than the US is, it has a 9.1 out of 10 on an audience poll, I think it's because it's technically Korea's first franchise that was made into an American movie (in a sense, since the franchise is Korean-American), so that's still a big event.

One thing I love is how positive and undeterred the creators of the franchise are. They're loving how Hasbro has worked on the toys, and they're just happy the movie even exists, since this was just started as a tiny thing for them that they didn't even expect to grow like it did.

#18 Glenn

Glenn
  • Supporter
  • 10600 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 03:55 PM

A couple of my friends saw it expecting it to a super cutesy sugary feel good movie.. but apparently according to them, it was actually quite dark.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users