Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (22 January 2020 - 06:58 PM)

Bold of you all to assume we won't wipe ourselves out in 50 years.

@  Benbot : (22 January 2020 - 04:27 PM)

There will be no UBI, people will just live in a ditch while they celebrate owning the libs.

@  Rycochet : (22 January 2020 - 03:24 PM)

In 50 years, retail will be dead because all stores are staffless fully automated operations controlled by Amazon. The UBI will be less than a fifth of what it actually costs to live after two decades of cuts and.a steadfast refusal to match inflation.

@  Maximus Ambus : (22 January 2020 - 02:55 PM)

In fifty years retail will be a thing of the past through robots, printers and Universal Basic Income.

@  Rodimus Supreme : (21 January 2020 - 11:16 AM)

Big retailers just don't want money anymore, so let's not give them any,

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:12 PM)

This place is a madhouse, feels like being cloned.

@  Maximus Ambus : (20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM)

I took one step beyond the outer limits to the twilight zone.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 10:19 AM)

All retail is basically the same.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (20 January 2020 - 10:00 AM)

Walmart just needs to go bankrupt already.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:19 AM)

They didn't put the 35th anniversary stuff back out until after new year. I'm no retail expert, but I feel like having stock on the shelf is better than the back. Especially toys at christmas time.

@  ThunderWear : (20 January 2020 - 07:18 AM)

Yeah, my local walmart took away the 35th anniversary endcap weeks before Christmas and left the Transformer section empty well past Christmas.

@  TheMightyMol... : (20 January 2020 - 04:44 AM)

Mine only has the 35th Anniversary Voyagers. A whole lot of them.

@  Telly : (19 January 2020 - 11:35 PM)

just be happy your walmart even stocks voyagers. mine doesnt

@  Steevy Maximus : (19 January 2020 - 08:53 PM)

Figures that Walmart finally restocks Studio Voyagers...with Wave ONE

@  ThunderWear : (19 January 2020 - 09:27 AM)

I snagged Rainmakers for half off.  They make me want jolly ranchers.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 04:21 PM)

I was using my account on another comptuer, and oddly it seemed to default to $US rather than converting it.

@  TM2-Megatron : (18 January 2020 - 02:02 PM)

You should be able to set eBay to display in your local currency, although personally I like to know the actual currency the item is listed in so I know if I need to account for forex fees or not

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:34 AM)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say I despise Ebay for showing the list prices in US money.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:23 AM)

Well there is an overpriced limited edition, but I don't want to pay that much money for it.

@  Trpodeca : (18 January 2020 - 06:21 AM)

Well great. The one Usagi Yojimbo volume I don't have and it's out of stock.

@  Rycochet : (17 January 2020 - 06:15 PM)

I both love and hate that the Alien franchise seems to have had more luck finding a niche as a line of children's toys than it has at producing worthwhile films.

@  Donocropolis : (17 January 2020 - 06:35 AM)

I've seen them on the shelves at Walmart. They're pretty great looking retro Aliens toys. https://www.walmart....-Vary/934039489

@  fourteenwings : (17 January 2020 - 01:11 AM)

IIRC somebody on here mentioned an unbranded Alien toy a couple of weeks ago? It seems like it was actually part of a collection for the Alien movie series by Lanard. Mattel's making some stuff too.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (16 January 2020 - 03:12 PM)

Is it really a worse name than say, HMS Spanker?

@  Maximus Ambus : (16 January 2020 - 02:36 PM)

'Boaty McBoatface' was a actual thing?! Wow.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (14 January 2020 - 02:00 PM)

Might be worth bringing back this thread.

@  ThunderWear : (14 January 2020 - 01:53 PM)

Of course I had the idea to download all the pdfs like a week too late. Anyone got an archive?

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 January 2020 - 12:48 PM)

The Collector Club is dead. Seems like it all came down shortly after New Year

@  ThunderWear : (13 January 2020 - 11:06 PM)

I can't get to the collector club website. anyone else? I was literally going to download all the fiction to finish reading.

@  Maximus Ambus : (13 January 2020 - 04:50 AM)

News today is all 'there's a CHANCE it would snow in July' and 'dogs COULD bite back'.

@  Benbot : (12 January 2020 - 10:05 PM)

Holy crap, do many people get hurt by them?

@  wonko the sane? : (12 January 2020 - 02:11 PM)

Even in fallout, they never carpet bombed with nukes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (12 January 2020 - 12:43 PM)

I hope the stockpiled nuclear weapons of the US and Russia are accounted for then.

@  Nevermore : (12 January 2020 - 12:22 PM)

Geez. 1760 (!) bombs from World War II that had not detonated and were still armed have been found. That's only the numbers for the federal state of Germany I live in, and only for the first three quarters of 2019. For all of 2018, the total number was 2811 (!!) bombs.

@  CVReynolds : (11 January 2020 - 11:05 PM)

I've been wanting a Tarantulas that turns into a more realistic tarantula for a long time. Maybe Takara will someday do a Masterpiece, which would be neat. But I really want to see a modernized look like in the IDW comics.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (11 January 2020 - 09:43 PM)

We need more Waspinators.. and rattraps.

@  Ashley : (11 January 2020 - 07:09 PM)

I'm on board with that

@  Dekafox : (11 January 2020 - 06:17 PM)

What I'm hearing is we need Cyberverse Waspinator

@  NotVeryKnightly : (10 January 2020 - 01:27 AM)

He's appeared across more branding changes than Waspinator, so maybe it's more the other way around.

@  Ashley : (10 January 2020 - 12:01 AM)

is C3PO the Waspinator of Star Wars? he'll live forever, because it's funny for him to suffer

@  Sabrblade : (09 January 2020 - 11:52 PM)

He's still waiting for them to be funny.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 January 2020 - 10:35 PM)

Why?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 04:02 PM)

I've been watching South Park, Family Guy and The Simpsons with a straight face for a decade now.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 January 2020 - 03:18 PM)

If that's what it takes to get you to take the medication, sure.

@  Bass X0 : (09 January 2020 - 01:52 PM)

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

@  fourteenwings : (09 January 2020 - 11:37 AM)

I mean, it is easier to protect HDDs, and you can retransfer the data over and over forever?

@  NotVeryKnightly : (09 January 2020 - 10:45 AM)

Not in this comparison. He's making his own files, so they're (presumably) not restricted by DRM, so he can copy them as many times as he wants. It's potentially more reliable in the long term than hoping the specific copies you originally bought never accrue any damage for the rest of your life.

@  Echowarrior : (09 January 2020 - 10:44 AM)

I prefer physical copies too. Easier to protect something physical and tangible.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 January 2020 - 09:55 AM)

I prefer having physical copies.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (09 January 2020 - 08:56 AM)

I have plenty of physical media I turn into digital media for my plex server. Just finished ripping Ultra Seven

Photo

Borderlands 3: Welcome back to Pandora Vault Hunters

168 replies to this topic

#61 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31629 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:05 AM

No issues on my first regular vault hunter mode on Dragonkeep walked right up the the evil wizard and basically blew his head off with just a few shots found a shotgun thats letting me walk all over anyone without much trouble

Next we go swimming with the islands

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#62 abates

abates
  • Supporter
  • 4825 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:10 AM

Playing the new DLC kinda reminded me of a bunch of things I'd forgotten I didn't like about Borderlands.

The main one is that the main story missions will take you through a new area where you fight a bunch of dudes, which is cool, but then you get a side mission from someone which will send you to the same area where you have to fight through the same three rooms with the same sets of dudes. And then you turn in that side mission and get another side mission that takes you to the same area and you have to do it again.

#63 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31629 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:36 PM

Ugh hug you Captain Zarpadon hug that whole freaking boss fight there so much crap happening in that one fight it sucks

Also I had no idea the Tails from Borderlands has major story beats in it that effect Borderlands 2

Edited by tec, 25 June 2019 - 12:37 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#64 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7350 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:42 AM

Fortnite event... did not immediately convince me that the new guy was going to make a great Claptrap. I sort of got used to him though, it's not the end of the world maybe.

Pandora Rift definitely made me keen to get back to Pandora though.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#65 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7350 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:22 AM

Really struggling to decide who to play. Normally "pet" would be an instant winner (Bloodwing!!) but I'm just not sure about Fl4k. The Spiderant is the least appealing pet but that's the best region to dump points into, because it's the one that brings Rakk.

Moze's mech is pretty awesome in theory too, but I feel like the bulk of my points would end up being spent on pretty dull unlocks. Plus, there's that whole thing where it just doesn't fit everywhere, which would potentially be a big pain.

Zane looks like he opens up some fun options eventually, but he's not really my style. Amara actually looks to have some pretty cool junk going on, but I've never been much of a Siren fan.

If only I was still a young'un with no responsibilities so I could just play them all!

Edited by Maruten, 10 September 2019 - 04:47 PM.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#66 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31629 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:56 PM

Ugh 3 more days till it comes out

Edited by tec, 10 September 2019 - 11:13 PM.

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#67 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14193 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:26 PM

30 minutes. . . . 

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#68 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7350 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:47 AM

Man, I wildly underestimated how flexible the skill trees and assignment options were. You can mix and match a lot more than I realised from playing around on the Borderlands site.

Started with Fl4k, and I may not need to try anyone else. The pets can handle anything, and right out of the gate the Rakk just snot everyone. It's remarkable.

Feels like coming home. Good stuff.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#69 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31629 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:56 PM

I went with Mech and and very pleased so far

The new Map system is great, the new customizations is good, new gun mechanics and movement options are all a welcome edition no complaints so far

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#70 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7350 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:36 AM

I gave Moze a try, but the mech didn't do it for me. I just didn't enjoy it as much as Pocket Rakks. I'll probably go back to her now and then but I think Fl4k will definitely be where I spend the bulk of my time.

WsuGTl1.jpg

#71 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31629 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:30 PM

Wow even low or no tier guns are fun in BL3 some of the secondary fire modes are great

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#72 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7790 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:23 PM

I like the secondary fires, especially when you can switch elements.

I went with Zane and am using his STNL or whatever the drone is called.  It kind of sucks so far.  I might need to respec.

I'm up to Level 16, and I still haven't encountered a single orange gun, which is weird to me.

Killajolt is a cheese-master.  hug, I had to break from that quest all together and just move on with my day because I was getting nowhere against that guy.

I feel like there could have been more tutorials on how some of the stuff works.  Like the mails that you get from manufacturers as you complete their challenges.  I finally found them under the normal pause menu --> social section.

It's interesting how all the gun manufacturers are really unique now compared to the others.  I'm yucking it up with a Torgue shotgun that operates like a grenade launcher.  Not liking COV, though, and for some reason, all of my rocket launchers ended up COV-branded.  Need Tediore.

#73 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31629 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:48 PM

I have found two low level orange items (at lvl 13 now) as Moze and going all in on the rockets tree somethings never change with me though sticking to SMGs as my main weapon choice but this time have at least given all gun gtypes a fair shake more then BL1 at least

Did I forget something Tannis is now the doc to but the vendings are still Zed's?

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#74 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7790 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:16 AM

I did find that confusing as well since Tannis is a scientist so I don't know why she's in an infirmary instead of Zed.

Spoiler

#75 Rhinox

Rhinox

Yeah, I'm kind of pissy.

• Supporter
  • 14193 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:40 AM

Spoiler

That's also where Vaugn and Rhys also first appeared.  

Opened my first vault, can now smash purple crystals.  However the story got real harsh real quick.  I mean, I did not see that coming and it hurt.  

"Why does history repeat itself? Because God doesn't have TiVo."

Wounds of honor are always self inflicted.

#76 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7350 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:00 PM

I've just made it to Promethea. I did not enjoy trying to find my way around that stupid ship. 

I hate the Calypso twins, so well done there. Poor Lilith. 

Side note, went back to the IDW comics, which I never got around to finishing. I like 'em. Must get through the novels too. And Tales I suppose. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#77 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7790 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:08 PM

The drone got a lot better once I unlocked the missile abilities.  Pretty much took down the Katagawa-Ball for me single handedly while I ran around trying not to die.

That's one thing that I notice about this game versus Borderlands 2 - I pretty much run around in a perpetual state of Fighting for my Life and Second Winds, even if I'm taking on enemies that are 3-5 levels lower than me.

I'm finally starting to get some really good guns, though.  I went back through Traunt second time to button up some crew challenges and ended up with an orange assault rifle, which was a real game changer.  Used it to kill the shit out of Killajolt (finally).  I also got a one-shot, purple Jakobs shotgun, which is amazing since it destroys anything with a headshot, and the ricochet ability often gets a second kill.

Level 21 now.  I probably won't get to play again until next weekend (stoopid work).

Edited by Betty Nor, 15 September 2019 - 07:54 PM.

#78 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31629 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:10 AM

my biggest enemy so far is the guys that paint the ground with status effects in large pools and you get bullrushed but a ton more enemies now

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#79 Betty Nor

Betty Nor
  • Citizen
  • 7790 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:20 AM

That's Traunt.  I got lucky and actually beat him on my first try.  Second go, I died like 5 times.

It's the ball of energy that rounds the perimeter while you're trying to take cover.  One hit takes you down to only a few health.

I will say that bosses in this game have been optimised to discourage/eliminate camping, largely by using those goopy area of effect blasts on the ground.  I guess it's a good thing that I just got done playing Doom 2016 so I'm used to being on the move constantly.

#80 tec

tec

This year is gonna rock

• Supporter
  • 31629 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:13 PM

So I had no choice but to cheese the Ball I was lvl 16 and it turned out to be lvl 18 what the hug game!!

Anyway it had 4 life bars as well two shield and two life and as long as you completely elemnate a bar it does not regenrate

So what I did was find the perfect spot turn on my mech hit it hard drop a bar go and hide and let my action cool down happen comeback out of hideing pop anther bar till I killed it I was not going leave this fight and lvl up I had to use my whits and my skills hear and now

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users