Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Cyoti : (01 July 2020 - 12:51 PM)

We can deport Yogi back to Canada now.

@  Sabrblade : (01 July 2020 - 12:50 PM)

Jellystone National Pawk. A westful wetweat.

@  Rycochet : (01 July 2020 - 12:47 PM)

Jellystone. We're going to be plunged into a decade of poor animation. Fortunately we've been led by bad cartoon characters for years so we won't notice much difference.

@  Maximus Ambus : (01 July 2020 - 06:19 AM)

what next? YELLOWSTONE?

@  Nevermore : (01 July 2020 - 05:46 AM)

Thanks, dead person.

@  Bass X0 : (01 July 2020 - 05:06 AM)

congratulations to all survivors of the first half of 2020.

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 10:21 PM)

21 for me, but after numerous repetitions I got it down to 17 and a half.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM)

I transform in six steps from human to human sitting on my ass at the computer and back again!

@  -LittleAutob... : (30 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

x-x when in vehicle mode we can travel much F A R T H E R-

@  wonko the sane? : (30 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

Because despite the fact that we can travel around the world in the time it takes to get a good nights sleep and a couple of meals: people rarely wander more than 25 miles away from home for the duration of their lives.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I don't know how many days that trip takes - especially while sightseeing - but explaining they're 3936 kilometers (2445 miles) apart gives an idea, paradoxically because it is too large to easily picture.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 05:44 PM)

Aye.  When I catch lay people discussing miles and not how long the trip takes, it is in an attempt to stress how far away something is... like NYC to LA.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

But I can imagine 45 *minutes* easily.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:20 PM)

I can imagine a mile, it's a distance I've run. I can't really imagine 45 miles.

@  ▲ndrusi : (30 June 2020 - 01:19 PM)

I think there's also an element of the thing where things that are much bigger than us all blur together.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:49 AM)

If you're not, then you're more concerned with how long it takes.  Actual distance doesn't tell you that very well.  Besides traffic and road conditions, you'll need to know what kind of driving (city/interstate/rural/etc.).

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:47 AM)

Distance matters if you're being paid by the mile.

@  TM2-Megatron : (30 June 2020 - 11:44 AM)

Canadians are the same way, for the most part. If you're driving somewhere far, especially, it helps you plan out the day more than a distance in KM would.

@  Otaku : (30 June 2020 - 11:42 AM)

We use the time it takes to get someplace because that is what is relevant to us.

@  TheMightyMol... : (30 June 2020 - 10:55 AM)

Because even we can't figure out miles half the time.

@  Paladin : (30 June 2020 - 09:54 AM)

it's a big country with a lot of empty space. between our citizens' ears.

@  Bass X0 : (30 June 2020 - 09:52 AM)

Why do most Americans measure distance by hours of driving?

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 07:26 PM)

And as a result the world's lone blu-ray release of the film, an Australian disc that came out 7 years ago, now goes for hundreds of dollars on eBay. Thanks Disney.

@  TM2-Megatron : (29 June 2020 - 06:21 PM)

Well, they censored Daryl Hannah's butt in Splash :rolleyes

@  Paladin : (29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM)

maybe New Mutants is too bad even for D+.

@  Steevy Maximus : (29 June 2020 - 05:00 PM)

X-Men films are coming to Disney+ next month. But will they censor Hugh Jackman's butt?

@  -LittleAutob... : (29 June 2020 - 12:44 PM)

Pft.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 11:59 AM)

Behold! Night Strike Galvatron!

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 09:53 AM)

I will grant you a recolored body, and recolored troops to command.

@  Cybersnark : (29 June 2020 - 09:47 AM)

I don't want to be reissued. This body sucks, I wanna be updated.

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 09:43 AM)

I definitely don't intend to be reissued. Nobody would buy me.

@  Bass X0 : (29 June 2020 - 08:31 AM)

will anybody else attempt to be reissued?

@  wonko the sane? : (29 June 2020 - 07:51 AM)

*Gasp* Decepticons re-writing history to serve their own needs?!?!

@  Nevermore : (29 June 2020 - 05:48 AM)

The whole point of the DJD is that they're fanatical Megatron fanboys (especially Tarn) to the point of having their own headcanon taking priority of the actual canon, simply speaking.

@  TheMightyMol... : (29 June 2020 - 04:01 AM)

They didn't know the war was over until later. And then they denied it anyway.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (28 June 2020 - 10:47 PM)

"He's comin' right for us!"

@  Telly : (28 June 2020 - 08:40 PM)

was that even still in effect once the war ended?

@  TheMightyMol... : (28 June 2020 - 06:51 PM)

According to Roberts, soldiers can ignore the order to spare Whirl if he's directly threatening them. But mostly the DJD were out of their heads on Nuke and not really caring much at the time.

@  Xaaron : (28 June 2020 - 06:41 PM)

Also, they were hopped up on goofballs at the time.

@  wonko the sane? : (28 June 2020 - 06:06 PM)

Cause it was whirl. He opened his (non-existant.) gob at the just the right time to piss somebody off. Or, so I assume.

@  Maximus Ambus : (28 June 2020 - 06:00 PM)

If Whirl was off limits why did the DJD kill him?

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 June 2020 - 05:57 PM)

That sounds about right. I actually didn't get into it until the IQ expansion came out (which saved me a bit of expense)

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:55 PM)

Weird question (and sorry for so many shouts): did Overpower really release in August of '95?  I could have sworn I attempted to play it with a classmate who shouldn't have been a classmate by that point.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:52 PM)

So... I don't have all my cards still somewhere. XP I still play Pokémon via the PTCGO, and I've been doing Card of the Days over on Pojo (on and off) since 2013.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:51 PM)

For both financial, personal, and practical reasons, all my collectibles had to go about 10 years ago: action figures, comic books, card games, RPG books, video games.

@  TM2-Megatron : (27 June 2020 - 05:48 PM)

I've still got all my cards, somewhere; I had a pretty decent collection. Still have the Japanese Digimon CCG, too. Glad I never got into Magic; way too pricey

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Technically, Overpower was my first TCG... except I never, ever learned how to play it, or understood that booster packs contained different cards than the Starter Decks.

@  Otaku : (27 June 2020 - 05:35 PM)

Can't forget what you didn't know in the first place.

@  Patch : (27 June 2020 - 05:28 PM)

Ah yes, Overpower. Who could forget the expansion where they added a new stat and you had to re-collect your heroes all over again.

@  TheMightyMol... : (27 June 2020 - 04:20 PM)

Counterpoint, when was the last time you spent money on Overpower?

Photo

Borderlands 3: Welcome back to Pandora Vault Hunters

180 replies to this topic

#21 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7592 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:58 PM

Playstation Australia is already trying to sell me this with a September release date, so an exclusivity window is perhaps not a legit concern after all.

• tec likes this

WsuGTl1.jpg

#22 tec

tec

Time to party!

• Supporter
  • 32592 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

Yeah lets calm down and talk this out

A the games PC release is just Exclusive deal to Epic it seems for just 6 months

B Take2 is the publisher its there decision to make more money on the Epic store for the PC version because Epic takes a smaller cut and bonus for using Unreal that folks is a nobrainer and be pretty dumb to argue that point

C The special edition version coming with XP boost and bitching about it make no sense because its not a competitive game (unless you wanna get in a slap fight when you get near someone and melee them :D) making your self stronger faster to kill more psychos sounds like a good time for me Am I getting it? nope I'm getting the vanilla version of the game like the normie I am.

The different versions of the game are a bit excessive but as long as it does not include a stagger release window and I need a flow chart to figure it out Im ok

There are good fights to be fought about right now with games and bad decisions "cough Anthem cough" but as it stands right now Borderlands is not what gamers need to worry about

Edited by tec, 03 April 2019 - 11:46 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#23 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4160 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:45 AM

There are good fights to be fought about right now with games and bad decisions "cough Anthem cough" but as it stands right now Borderlands is not what gamers need to worry about

And what about the Epic store's connections to the Chinese government?  That is a pretty big issue, and reason alone to not touch the thing.

#24 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5581 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:19 AM

While Tencent owns a little less than half of Epic, I've not seen much evidence of the Chinese government using the epic store as a spying tool. Most damning thing I've seen is the client scanning steam data, which seems more shady corporate junk than shady government junk.

#25 tec

tec

Time to party!

• Supporter
  • 32592 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

Yeah ok if your worried about the chinese government knowing how many hours you spend reading visual novels on steam may I suggest you turn off the PC and play a Game Gear :D

Gaming has gotten weird man

We gone from Bubsy 2 plays like crap to the chinese government knows your browser history

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#26 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 11200 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:04 PM

I'm more afraid of Gearbox's shady business than Chinese government knowing that I have stupid amounts of time in idle games.

Hell.. I'd worry more about the US government knowing what I'm doing than the Chinese government.

#27 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5473 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:24 PM

This week I have made it further in Borderlands 2 than I did in my first run.

Before, as I did with 1, I would alternate between my peeps.  Get to a designated objective and trade off.  Now... I am just trucking along with my Mecromancer.  I shot the sheriff (but did not shoot the deputy), vandalized Opportunity (and got hopelessly lost), took out the B-NKR, and the Control core.  It's unfamiliar territory from here on out.

Though I might open somebody up and run them to Sanctuary for the sake of making room in my locker.  There is some good shtuff for other peeps I'm hoarding that I could be put to use hoarding MY good shtuff.

• tec likes this
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#28 tec

tec

Time to party!

• Supporter
  • 32592 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

I beaten BL2 5....6 times now and playing the game on my Vita as well though my last play though I dont think I got any oh wow guns

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#29 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:55 AM

I played BL1 to death with some friends, but 2 never grabbed me as much, and I've not even touched Presequel.

Having said that, I'm in for 3, as long as there's a turret character and sniper rifles.

#30 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5473 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

Just made it through sawtooth.  Outside of falling into lava was not killed by bandits, thus I went insane with the Anarchy.  Got like... 260 or something.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#31 tec

tec

Time to party!

• Supporter
  • 32592 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

I dont play with stacking never any good at it so I throw my points into other things

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#32 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 13337 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:44 AM

David Eddings will NOT be returning as Claptrap, due to a pay dispute. 

"Pay dispute" meaning he actually wanted to get paid this time. 

https://www.pcgamer....uffer-pcgamertw

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#33 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Properly Cross

• Supporter
  • 18681 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

The more I hear about this game, the less I feel interested in it.

Like, I probably will end up getting it eventually, but... you know... maybe a few years after release.

nzo8WYb.png

#34 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5473 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

I beat Borderlands 2 with the Mechromancer.  Well... I beat the Warrior at least, not going after Terramorphous just yet... as that mission is lvl 50 and I'm still at 36.  Might hit some of the DLC first.

Aside from Dragon's Keep, which ones would y'all recommend?

#35 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28917 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

All of them.

xC9l3eY.gif

#36 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7592 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

David Eddings will NOT be returning as Claptrap, due to a pay dispute. 

"Pay dispute" meaning he actually wanted to get paid this time. 

https://www.pcgamer....uffer-pcgamertw

Wow. If they don't care enough about this game to get Claptrap back, not sure why they expect me to care enough to buy it. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#37 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8731 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:18 AM

"Randy Pitchford" is just "Pat Lee" spelled backwards

#38 tec

tec

Time to party!

• Supporter
  • 32592 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:25 AM

I saw the one hour gameplay vid well I kinda skipped around just to get a feel of the game and it looks very solid

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#39 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5473 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

Started Dragon's keep this morning.... having a lot of fun with it.  Damn Skelly-men don't seem to want to go-down... but EXPLOSIONS help.  Found 2 cult symbols without a cribsheet... but being the completist I am I'll likely find one cuz... gotta catch 'em all and such.

• tec likes this

#40 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7592 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

Jeez, so Claptrap isn't even the only character they're recasting (slash actor they've pissed off). 

WsuGTl1.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users