Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  MEDdMI : (24 May 2019 - 07:40 AM)

They fight you with sparkles.

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2019 - 03:40 AM)

Phyrexians are the bishie-est.

@  unluckiness : (24 May 2019 - 12:29 AM)

That's why they always wear long sleeved shirts and long pants

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2019 - 11:36 PM)

Everybody knows the most bishie thing about any bishie is his exposed sinew.

@  MEDdMI : (23 May 2019 - 10:04 PM)

*looks up the humanoid slivers* ...really? People were calling those bishies?

@  TheMightyMol... : (23 May 2019 - 12:45 PM)

Have they made a sliver planeswalker yet?

@  RichardT1977 : (23 May 2019 - 10:29 AM)

"DECOMPOSE!"

@  Paladin : (23 May 2019 - 06:29 AM)

will they next evolve into Inhumanoids?

@  Ashley : (23 May 2019 - 02:42 AM)

the original slivers were spikey monsters. then the evolved into humanoids. now they're back to spikey bug monsters.

@  MEDdMI : (22 May 2019 - 10:42 PM)

Wait. Slivers were bishies???

@  unluckiness : (22 May 2019 - 10:40 PM)

They haven't necessarily looped yet. It's possible they're stuck in "yaoi anatomy"

@  Ashley : (22 May 2019 - 10:35 PM)

I think Slivers in MTG have crossed the bishonen line and looped back around to monstrous

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 09:48 PM)

Maxi, provigo, loblaws.

@  RichardT1977 : (22 May 2019 - 09:42 PM)

Which store brand is it?

@  wonko the sane? : (22 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

I need to buy more "no name" foods. This pizza is freaking awesome.

@  Bass X0 : (20 May 2019 - 11:16 AM)

SEND THE BOOKS!!

@  Cybersnark : (20 May 2019 - 08:52 AM)

So, now that Game of Thrones is over, when can we get back to The Dragon Prince?

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:19 AM)

Like, half of them nowadays are montages of tweet screencaps from the writer's inbox

@  unluckiness : (20 May 2019 - 12:18 AM)

lol you expected integrity from internet news

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:33 PM)

I'm mostly confused how news sites went from "Analysing all the amazingness of Game of Thrones" to "Fans sure don't like this season!", like... way to prioritize clicks over a solid editorial opinion

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 11:30 PM)

[and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site"] is this like the Toei Quarry?

@  MEDdMI : (19 May 2019 - 11:17 PM)

@Foffy and then that giant lasagna just tipped over and killed everyone, to be later known as the infamous Bad Monday event.

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

Ahahaha!!! Go read the reactions for yourself. To say anything more here risks spoiling the finale for subscribing Allsparkers, the quality of this season notwithstanding.

@  Foffy : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 PM)

pretty wild how heathcliff was in the game of thrones finale, i was not expecting that crossover

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

were they still super pissed?

@  SHIELD Agent 47 : (19 May 2019 - 10:48 PM)

Well, as someone who is not into Game of Thrones, it sure was entertaining to open up social media this evening to unexpectedly see headlines about fan reactions to the finale. Lmao.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:12 PM)

But it's also a SUPER-well known location in my region, so these extensive exterior shots without any post production alterations completely ruin the illusion for me.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:11 PM)

I mean, I get why they did it: It's an existing location that fits the purpose, it's open for the public, and they had to shoot some scenes in my home state anyway to due a subsidizing deal.

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:09 PM)

Needless to say, it's not in Berlin, and even what's seen onscreen is waaaaay too modern for something that's supposed to exist in 1929 (even moreso as a derelict site in 1929). The structures seen haven't even been built until the 1960s!

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 06:07 PM)

I'm currently in the process of watching season 2 of Babylon Berlin, and there's a recurring setting of a "derelict industrial site" or whatever it's supposed to be on the show, and I easily recognize it as a place only a few minutes from where I live (it's actually a former ironworks site that's been turned into a public park).

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:52 PM)

Ever since I went to Japan last year, I have friend who dread watching anime with me due to that...

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:51 PM)

Not hugely, but I am the type to notice places once I have been there and say "Hey, I've been there!"

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

Half of new york city (on tape.) is actually montreal.

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:50 PM)

I watched Death Wish 5 last night and clearly recognized Toronto streets; didn't pull me out of Bronson's 1-man war on drugs or fashion or whatever it was that pissed him off that time

@  TM2-Megatron : (19 May 2019 - 05:49 PM)

it's nice to finally be thought of as exotic by somebody! lol

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:48 PM)

In an "I cannot possibly make my brain ignore the location I'm familiar with and pretend it's whatever the story claims it is" way?

@  Nevermore : (19 May 2019 - 05:42 PM)

Question for those of you living in exotic locations such as the US or the UK: If you watch a movie or a TV show that features a real-life location as a stand-in for someplace else, and you recognize the real-life location due to having been there in person, does that pull you out of the story?

@  Xellos : (19 May 2019 - 05:15 PM)

Maybe you should have installed macOS in your house instead.

@  Noideaforaname : (19 May 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Nothing like coming home after a long day to find a bird in the house. And then once you sit down for a well-earned rest after leading the bird back outside, you find it had a friend. A friend who *really* doesn't understand how windows work...

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:26 PM)

Bingo. The big polls don't tell people what's actually happening because that doesn't sell.

@  fourteenwings : (19 May 2019 - 10:59 AM)

IIRC there are good polls but data is easily manipulated so they give people what they want to hear

@  wonko the sane? : (19 May 2019 - 10:58 AM)

The only way to get people interested in politics is to make into reality TV. So they lie to do it.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (19 May 2019 - 01:38 AM)

Yeah, polling these days is garbage.

@  Sean Whitmore : (18 May 2019 - 11:53 PM)

Well, he was an honest man. He wasn’t gonna lie to a 5-year-old.

@  Paladin : (18 May 2019 - 08:34 PM)

Grandfather once said to me, "I'm going upstairs and hug your grandma."

@  Sabrblade : (18 May 2019 - 07:08 PM)

Mama always said that you can tell a lot 'bout a person from 'is shoes...

@  TheMightyMol... : (18 May 2019 - 03:54 PM)

Life is like a box of chocolates. Stay out of the sun or melt into a pile of gross slop.

@  wonko the sane? : (18 May 2019 - 10:26 AM)

Greasy, disappointing and still managing to be over priced?

@  Lancer : (18 May 2019 - 10:22 AM)

... Yes, it is!

@  Noideaforaname : (18 May 2019 - 09:48 AM)

Life's a fillet of fish!

Photo

Borderlands 3: Welcome back to Pandora Vault Hunters

44 replies to this topic

#21 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6837 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:58 PM

Playstation Australia is already trying to sell me this with a September release date, so an exclusivity window is perhaps not a legit concern after all.

• tec likes this

WsuGTl1.jpg

#22 tec

tec

Put a little spring in your step

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:45 PM

Yeah lets calm down and talk this out

A the games PC release is just Exclusive deal to Epic it seems for just 6 months

B Take2 is the publisher its there decision to make more money on the Epic store for the PC version because Epic takes a smaller cut and bonus for using Unreal that folks is a nobrainer and be pretty dumb to argue that point

C The special edition version coming with XP boost and bitching about it make no sense because its not a competitive game (unless you wanna get in a slap fight when you get near someone and melee them :D) making your self stronger faster to kill more psychos sounds like a good time for me Am I getting it? nope I'm getting the vanilla version of the game like the normie I am.

The different versions of the game are a bit excessive but as long as it does not include a stagger release window and I need a flow chart to figure it out Im ok

There are good fights to be fought about right now with games and bad decisions "cough Anthem cough" but as it stands right now Borderlands is not what gamers need to worry about

Edited by tec, 03 April 2019 - 11:46 PM.

Visit my store! Vintage toys (SW/ST/TFs Collectables)

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#23 Monocle

Monocle

ASM Contributing Editor

• Citizen
  • 4080 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:45 AM

There are good fights to be fought about right now with games and bad decisions "cough Anthem cough" but as it stands right now Borderlands is not what gamers need to worry about

And what about the Epic store's connections to the Chinese government?  That is a pretty big issue, and reason alone to not touch the thing.

#24 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5307 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:19 AM

While Tencent owns a little less than half of Epic, I've not seen much evidence of the Chinese government using the epic store as a spying tool. Most damning thing I've seen is the client scanning steam data, which seems more shady corporate junk than shady government junk.

#25 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

Yeah ok if your worried about the chinese government knowing how many hours you spend reading visual novels on steam may I suggest you turn off the PC and play a Game Gear :D

Gaming has gotten weird man

We gone from Bubsy 2 plays like crap to the chinese government knows your browser history

www.vintagenerdvana.com

Wait. Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me that tec has a job? I thought his sole reasons for existence are cheesecake and horrible grammar.-Shadowman024

#26 Tm_Silverclaw

Tm_Silverclaw
  • Citizen
  • 10883 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:04 PM

I'm more afraid of Gearbox's shady business than Chinese government knowing that I have stupid amounts of time in idle games.

Hell.. I'd worry more about the US government knowing what I'm doing than the Chinese government.

#27 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

Professional procrastinator

• Citizen
  • 5380 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:24 PM

This week I have made it further in Borderlands 2 than I did in my first run.

Before, as I did with 1, I would alternate between my peeps.  Get to a designated objective and trade off.  Now... I am just trucking along with my Mecromancer.  I shot the sheriff (but did not shoot the deputy), vandalized Opportunity (and got hopelessly lost), took out the B-NKR, and the Control core.  It's unfamiliar territory from here on out.

Though I might open somebody up and run them to Sanctuary for the sake of making room in my locker.  There is some good shtuff for other peeps I'm hoarding that I could be put to use hoarding MY good shtuff.

• tec likes this
spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#28 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

I beaten BL2 5....6 times now and playing the game on my Vita as well though my last play though I dont think I got any oh wow guns

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#29 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:55 AM

I played BL1 to death with some friends, but 2 never grabbed me as much, and I've not even touched Presequel.

Having said that, I'm in for 3, as long as there's a turret character and sniper rifles.

#30 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5380 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

Just made it through sawtooth.  Outside of falling into lava was not killed by bandits, thus I went insane with the Anarchy.  Got like... 260 or something.

spoilers are a stabbing weight upon my soul.... crushing it into a dark existential nothingness

#31 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

I dont play with stacking never any good at it so I throw my points into other things

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#32 Paladin

Paladin

Have Zord, Will Travel

• Citizen
  • 11723 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:44 AM

David Eddings will NOT be returning as Claptrap, due to a pay dispute. 

"Pay dispute" meaning he actually wanted to get paid this time. 

https://www.pcgamer....uffer-pcgamertw

Stuff for sale; every little bit helps. :) https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/143212-for-sale-3p-mp-potp-super-sentai-stuff TWITTER: Paladin4221

#33 The Doctor Who

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!

• Supporter
  • 17861 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:36 AM

The more I hear about this game, the less I feel interested in it.

Like, I probably will end up getting it eventually, but... you know... maybe a few years after release.

nzo8WYb.png

#34 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5380 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

I beat Borderlands 2 with the Mechromancer.  Well... I beat the Warrior at least, not going after Terramorphous just yet... as that mission is lvl 50 and I'm still at 36.  Might hit some of the DLC first.

Aside from Dragon's Keep, which ones would y'all recommend?

#35 Ironbite

Ironbite

I might be a touch....angry

• Supporter
  • 27556 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

All of them.

xC9l3eY.gif

#36 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6837 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

David Eddings will NOT be returning as Claptrap, due to a pay dispute. 

"Pay dispute" meaning he actually wanted to get paid this time. 

https://www.pcgamer....uffer-pcgamertw

Wow. If they don't care enough about this game to get Claptrap back, not sure why they expect me to care enough to buy it. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#37 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 7758 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:18 AM

"Randy Pitchford" is just "Pat Lee" spelled backwards

#38 tec

tec

• Supporter
  • 30296 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:25 AM

I saw the one hour gameplay vid well I kinda skipped around just to get a feel of the game and it looks very solid

www.vintagenerdvana.com

#39 Autobot Bubbs

Autobot Bubbs

• Citizen
  • 5380 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

Started Dragon's keep this morning.... having a lot of fun with it.  Damn Skelly-men don't seem to want to go-down... but EXPLOSIONS help.  Found 2 cult symbols without a cribsheet... but being the completist I am I'll likely find one cuz... gotta catch 'em all and such.

• tec likes this

#40 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 6837 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

Jeez, so Claptrap isn't even the only character they're recasting (slash actor they've pissed off). 

WsuGTl1.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users