Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 06:16 PM)

Which crisis crossover are we on now? I lost track.

@  Rycochet : (09 August 2020 - 05:18 PM)

Much of the past decade has been the part of the comic series where less than stellar authors have driven the series into the ground and the editors are getting ready to either do a big multi issue crossover, leading to a reboot.

@  Bass X0 : (09 August 2020 - 02:28 PM)

At this point I've just decided to consider 2020 "not canon."

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 August 2020 - 02:18 PM)

'member Pepperidge Farm?

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 August 2020 - 02:10 PM)

Before the 'member berries there was Pepperidge farm. Pepperidge farm remembers.

@  OverDrive73 : (09 August 2020 - 12:21 PM)

>>>Shameless Plug<<< FYI. posted the last part of Quest for Tires in Allspark Pictures

@  SG Roadbuster : (08 August 2020 - 01:53 PM)

@Nevermore yes.

@  Nevermore : (08 August 2020 - 09:11 AM)

Is $30 a good deal for Subscription Service Breakdown?

@  Trpodeca : (08 August 2020 - 06:24 AM)

Oh dear God no. Twitter has changed it's default layout to the terrible new one. Why waste so much space on the left?

@  Steevy Maximus : (07 August 2020 - 08:28 PM)

@Bass X0, yeah, the Joe comic got REALLY solid in the upper 20s to the Cobra Civil War. It's interesting to see how well the Joe comic has aged relative to the cartoon. Where as I feel the opposite is true of Transformers

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 August 2020 - 03:58 PM)

Its so fun watching past TF Conventions.

@  Bass X0 : (07 August 2020 - 02:20 PM)

I've been reading classic 80s G.I. Joe lately. Its still decent even though I don't have any nostalgia towards it.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 08:50 AM)

Think of it as Adam West Batman instead. ;)

@  wonko the sane? : (07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM)

That sounds more like the flash, or maybe booster gold than batman.

@  Sabrblade : (07 August 2020 - 12:27 AM)

They would get bored fighting each other and instead decide to take an epic cross-country road trip together.

@  RichardT1977 : (06 August 2020 - 08:57 PM)

What would happen if Batman were to fight Squirrel Girl?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 09:03 PM)

Unless you count the Mask vs Lobo special, but that's less a duel and more a duet.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (04 August 2020 - 08:52 PM)

My favorite crossover fight was Thor vs Shazam/Captain Marvel. Early in the fight, Thor discovers that Billy Batson needs lightning to transform, and being a god of lightning he simply denies him that.

@  Sabrblade : (04 August 2020 - 08:46 PM)

Let's see a fight between Death Battle and Super Power Beat Down

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

Which Lobo later claimed was because he was paid to take a dive. Yes, really.

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 August 2020 - 06:15 PM)

And then there's the times it's been decided by a fan vote, which is how we get things like Lobo (who can go toe-to-toe with Superman at full strength) losing to Wolverine.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

And then there are the "but my favorite characater will totes win because I say so" people.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:49 PM)

I mean, there are some people who really approach this from a somewhat reasonable standpoint, coming up with a plausible scenario and a setting that creates a fair environment that doesn't favor one character.

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:46 PM)

My favorite stupid "why would they even fight each other" question recently was about three versions of Optimus Prime (G1, Bayverse and Aligned).

@  Nevermore : (04 August 2020 - 05:45 PM)

Batman obviously can beat everyone. Even Galactus. He's Batman. He's so smart, he'll just throw a Batarang and hit the weak spot at Galactus's forehead, knocking him out instantaneously.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 August 2020 - 11:37 AM)

It's almost like all drama is just manufactured pissing contests to keep us all entertained and distracted. :p

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (04 August 2020 - 10:16 AM)

Or they could go White Ranger vs Scorpion route and have both win. ;P

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:35 AM)

Besides, we all know the answer is nearly always "they fight to a standstill and then team up against a common enemy."

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:29 AM)

The best way to prove this is to give an example where the match is really lopsided in favor of one character but in popularity they're either evenly matched or the weaker one is more popular.

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 August 2020 - 09:27 AM)

The "who would win in a fight" discussions are really just people trying to make "which one's better" into something you can theoretically measure objectively, usually in a very specific way they think they've predetermined their favorite will win.

@  Otaku : (04 August 2020 - 02:01 AM)

@Nevermore So... you're saying you didn't like DC Versus Marvel/Marvel Versus DC?

@  Steevy Maximus : (03 August 2020 - 06:59 PM)

So, what happened to Hasbro's Zoids relaunch? An English dub, some stuff in southeast Asia, and now a game coming in October? That it?

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Tidal wave, cause shooting water gets you nowhere.

@  Darth Gonzo : (03 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Who would win Tidal Wave or Broadside?

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:17 AM)

Btw Happy birthday to those people in the box to the right \o/

@  -LittleAutob... : (03 August 2020 - 08:16 AM)

The bottom line is obvious. It makes no literal sense to fight someone on your faction. :/

@  wonko the sane? : (03 August 2020 - 06:14 AM)

That's because you're doing it wrong. You're supposed to just stack skills and ability against each other. It's not the palace of doom, it's an episode of american gladiators.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:32 AM)

The only obvious winners of such a fight would be the bad guys.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

And what does it even matter? They should work together, not stupidly fight each other for the mindless entertainment of idiot onlookers.

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:29 AM)

Why would two good guys fight each other? What are they fighting over?

@  Nevermore : (03 August 2020 - 04:28 AM)

I never understood these "who would win in a fight between two good guys" discussions. They make no sense to me.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 04:17 PM)

If G1 had continued we'd have had Starscream back in spirit - through Krunk, Snapdragons partner and possibly Skullcruncher unless he was mute.

@  Bass X0 : (02 August 2020 - 12:28 PM)

There are some decent impersonators in fandubs though.

@  -LittleAutob... : (02 August 2020 - 10:45 AM)

The only true Starscream voices are Steve Blum and Chris Latta, hands down.

@  Sabrblade : (02 August 2020 - 10:14 AM)

Why they didn't have Scott McNeil voicing that Starscream, when he was the one who had imitated Chris Latta when he voiced Cobra Commander in the DiC G.I. Joe cartoon, is beyond me.

@  wonko the sane? : (02 August 2020 - 09:57 AM)

Say what you will, that was an awesome scene.

@  Maximus Ambus : (02 August 2020 - 08:36 AM)

Beast Wars Starsream "I am AIR COMMANDER Starscream of the DECEPTICON BATTLEFLEET!"

@  Nevermore : (02 August 2020 - 07:02 AM)

I liked TF: Prime Starscream.

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:36 PM)

Hearing Starscream's screechy voice in Cyberverse has to be the most annoying thing ever in Transformers. Even his G1 voice wasn't as bad. :doh

@  -LittleAutob... : (01 August 2020 - 08:35 PM)

KUP!

Photo
- - - - -

Figure features you (may have) missed

56 replies to this topic

#21 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30631 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:34 AM

This isn't something I've missed, but something a LOT of toy galleries miss. Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's chest windows folding out all the way to the sides of the fire truck to become side windows in vehicle mode. I can't tell you how many images of this toy online just leave the chest windows in their robot mode position for vehicle mode, leaving the shoulder joints for robot mode fully exposed when they should be hidden behind the windows.

Likewise, an undocumented feature of Animated Rodimus's spoiler not being fully transformed for robot mode. Lots of people leave it where the instructions say, but the instructions in this case are wrong, as they neglect to mention the final steps that see the spoiler's tip unpeg from the piece it's attached to, rotate around 180 degrees, and then be folded down to sit behind the robot mode's shoulders instead of behind the head

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"
QUOTE(Bass X0 @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#22 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:20 AM

Cybertron Leader Prime also has a lot of people not noticing the sliders in the knees so his lower legs can move without colliding into each other.

Fall of Cybertron will blow your mind. That is all.

#23 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1718 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:02 PM

Can someone tell me what the pegs on Roadtrap's chest are actually for?

#24 ▲ndrusi

▲ndrusi

Praise be to Stakeout.

• Supporter
  • 27365 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 29 March 2019 - 05:42 PM

They're a Titan/Prime Master seat. They peg into the slots on the back of the little guy's legs.

#25 The Magic Man

The Magic Man
  • Citizen
  • 1718 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 11:44 PM

They're a Titan/Prime Master seat. They peg into the slots on the back of the little guy's legs.

Thank you!

#26 Blot

Blot

Grumble grumble complain grouse.

• Citizen
  • 8817 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 30 March 2019 - 04:03 AM

This isn't something I've missed, but something a LOT of toy galleries miss. Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's chest windows folding out all the way to the sides of the fire truck to become side windows in vehicle mode. I can't tell you how many images of this toy online just leave the chest windows in their robot mode position for vehicle mode, leaving the shoulder joints for robot mode fully exposed when they should be hidden behind the windows.

Likewise, an undocumented feature of Animated Rodimus's spoiler not being fully transformed for robot mode. Lots of people leave it where the instructions say, but the instructions in this case are wrong, as they neglect to mention the final steps that see the spoiler's tip unpeg from the piece it's attached to, rotate around 180 degrees, and then be folded down to sit behind the robot mode's shoulders instead of behind the head

I think the flap that covers the head in vehicle mode of the G2 Jetfire/Hooligan/R-Blade Cyberjet mold is the single most common mistransformation I see online.  Nobody ever seems to tuck that in before the transformation is done.

#27 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:20 AM

I think the flap that covers the head in vehicle mode of the G2 Jetfire/Hooligan/R-Blade Cyberjet mold is the single most common mistransformation I see online.  Nobody ever seems to tuck that in before the transformation is done.

Whoa.

I love this thread!

Edited by D Buster Prime, 30 March 2019 - 09:21 AM.

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

He's on your side...except when he isn't!

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#28 Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

Have a Pickle

• Supporter
  • 4590 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:14 PM

Whoa.

I love this thread!

Back off. We're engaged. I even asked the original poster for permission first because it's the right thing to do.

We may have to move the wedding up a bit after last night, though.

#29 Megaplexia Prime

Megaplexia Prime

With a lactating basilisk and a K-sized Sharoda!

• Citizen
  • 4662 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:19 AM

No big deal, but SS Bonecrusher’s FACE COMES OFF.

Judge me when you're happy with your life.

#30 LBD "Nytetrayn"

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Quyzbuk

• Supporter
  • 18879 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:28 AM

RiD01 OP's gun forms a wheel under the cab in vehicle mode.

Similarly, Sibeburn's pistol stows away inside his vehicle mode, I believe on the holster peg on the back of his waist.

G1 Ultra Magnus's helmet pegs onto his chest plate to form guns for the mini-vehicle it makes, and his missile launchers can peg in where his fists go.

The first wave of Scramble City leaders' base modes can further expand Metroplex as a city.

G1 Computron can equip all of the vehicle mode weapons from the limbs.

G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime's large robot head can stow in the trailer in truck mode. Goldbug fits nicely in there, too.

G1 Soundwave's guns are his batteries.

All I can think of at the moment.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Edited by LBD "Nytetrayn", 08 April 2019 - 12:29 AM.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif

#31 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30631 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:31 AM

Similarly, Sibeburn's pistol stows away inside his vehicle mode, I believe on the holster peg on the back of his waist.

I've tried this one several times but could never get it to fit enough to let all the other vehicle mode pieces come together right. So I always ended up just sticking the little gun inside some spare room closer to the side doors.

I think the concept of being educated and being able to educate is something that more people need more of in their lives.

No, we don't all know everything but we should spread and share that what we do know.

If I'm consistently misspelling a word, I would want and expect people to correct me as should I imagine all decent people who know the value of good literacy.

Its just arrogant laziness to know you're spelling a word incorrectly and not correct yourself or ignore the advice when people do tell you how to spell a word correctly.

#32 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:52 AM

I've got it stowed away on all the versions I own via the peg on the back, but I only have the Japanese versions and the one Wal-Mart exclusive release, so I'm not sure if that's possible on every one.

#33 Spark

Spark
  • Citizen
  • 39394 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:56 AM

Extra one:

All of G1 Abominus' guns can combine a la Baldigus/Ruination.  It's almost certainly unintentional, but there are enough odd 3mm and 5mm pegs and holes scattered across them that it's 100% possible to get two decent rifles out of them (including using Hun-Grrr's rifle).

#34 NOIP

NOIP

A knockdown, dragout, rock and roll party in the streets.

• Citizen
  • 2313 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:25 PM

G1 Soundwave's guns are his batteries.

I only realized this was the case...when the last reissue came out?  Sometime in the last four or five years anyway.

I also never realized G1 Wierdwolf had movable shoulder...vent thingies.  Not in thirty years did I realize that.

While you live, shine/ Have no grief at all/ Life exists only for a short while/ And time demands an end. Seikilos Epitaph

#35 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:06 PM

Whoa.
I love this thread!

Back off. We're engaged. I even asked the original poster for permission first because it's the right thing to do.

Waitaminute...I'M the original poster!

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

#36 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30631 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

Whoa.
I love this thread!

Waitaminute...I'M the original poster!

Yeah, that's what they all say!

#37 LV!

LV!

A tendency to speak in jest

• Citizen
  • 18539 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:33 AM

Optimus Prime's trailer opens into a sort of "combat deck" with a missile-firing robot and a little launching scout car inside.

#38 CEEFAX

CEEFAX

Mode-locked Monsterbot

• Supporter
  • 1222 posts
  • Faction::Minicon

Posted 09 April 2019 - 09:44 AM

Optimus Prime's trailer opens into a sort of "combat deck" with a missile-firing robot and a little launching scout car inside.

What trailer?

3FA03FA0-4FB5-4B5C-9949-012AEDAB83E0.jpeg

#39 Sabrblade

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase

• Citizen
  • 30631 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:09 AM

What trailer?

attachicon.gif3FA03FA0-4FB5-4B5C-9949-012AEDAB83E0.jpeg

Give it time. It's a little late coming back from subspace.

#40 D Buster Prime

D Buster Prime

Timeout. Do I convert?

• Retired Staff
  • 26226 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 10:24 AM

Missile-firing? Sure about that?

Maybe "Convoy", but not Optimus Prime, AFAIK....

VOTE FOR SIDEWAYS:

Z7ACRD0.jpg

Spoiler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users