Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Paladin : (26 May 2020 - 08:10 PM)

it's too hugging hot today.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 03:39 PM)

I'll agree with you on that.

*Figured -_-

I fugured

@  Steevy Maximus : (25 May 2020 - 01:37 PM)

I'm actually sad Cyberverse won't get another season. 2 and 3 (of what I've seen) have REALLY nailed it in being fun little actions shows, like the Sunbow series.

@  Rycochet : (25 May 2020 - 01:00 PM)

Yes.

@  Maximus Ambus : (25 May 2020 - 12:52 PM)

I'm waiting for Animated season 4. Am I insane?

@  wonko the sane? : (25 May 2020 - 11:22 AM)

I'm waiting for the next season to show up on netflix.

@  Sabrblade : (25 May 2020 - 10:59 AM)

Many of us have already watched the rest of the Cyberverse episodes since the whole third season aired in the UK last September.

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:18 AM)

*9th

@  -LittleAutob... : (25 May 2020 - 10:17 AM)

I just saw the 8th episode... omg

@  Bass X0 : (25 May 2020 - 01:28 AM)

Already seen it online.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:42 PM)

Who's excited for tomorrow? The only thing that makes Monday worth it is the Cyberverse episodes .-.

@  wonko the sane? : (24 May 2020 - 12:30 PM)

Welcome. I just came into that trick myself recently, so happy to share.

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 12:05 PM)

Thanks, wonko the sane? for the tip with the cloning. That helped a lot!

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 12:02 PM)

Heheh.... yes... I don't think a sniper would be very good at making a vaccine... 0.0

@  Nevermore : (24 May 2020 - 11:48 AM)

All right! Cloning my old HHD to an SSD and then swapping out the drive was successful, it would appear. Finally.

@  Bass X0 : (24 May 2020 - 11:30 AM)

Scientist Perceptor is. Sniper Perceptor less so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:51 AM)

Perceptor would be more responsible.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 10:48 AM)

Oof x~x

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 10:45 AM)

He'd cure the virus, but he'd probably commit at least two crimes against nature and weaponize a third in the process.

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 09:39 AM)

'Horrible consequences' would most likely happen with Brainstorm...

@  -LittleAutob... : (24 May 2020 - 08:16 AM)

Totally. And Percy's not even human. XD

@  TheMightyMol... : (24 May 2020 - 06:50 AM)

Can't do much worse than our current government, I say go for it.

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 10:13 PM)

Little do we realize that the Perceptor in question is the Mini-Con combiner. :p

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

He would!!!

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 10:11 PM)

Horrible consequences? I... Doubt that would happen.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:55 PM)

Even if he would come up with the answer by tomorrow.

@  wonko the sane? : (23 May 2020 - 09:54 PM)

I'd rather not deal with the horrible but unintended consequences of that.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 09:52 PM)

Lets let Perceptor make a vaccine for COVID-19. Who agrees with me :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 08:43 PM)

I'll take your word for it. =D

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:42 PM)

Although the TV edits of Robocop do contain some hilarity

@  TM2-Megatron : (23 May 2020 - 08:41 PM)

I can't think of any instance where sanitizing a film is a good thing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 06:42 PM)

.... and thats a good thing? :doh

@  Steevy Maximus : (23 May 2020 - 06:39 PM)

I'm watching Predator on Starz! That means it has all the language and gore uncensored!

@  Sabrblade : (23 May 2020 - 04:23 PM)

*grabs popcorn*

@  -LittleAutob... : (23 May 2020 - 12:49 PM)

*watching everyone argue* O^O

@  fourteenwings : (23 May 2020 - 10:22 AM)

By that logic we might as well just get rid of the Shoutbox wholesale! I'd rather have like 3 or 4 things stuck for a week or so than one person dominating the whole thing (no offense Nevermore).

@  PlutoniumBoss : (23 May 2020 - 03:30 AM)

I would argue that "full of something one doesn't read" and "devoid of reading material" are functionally identical at the end-user level. :D

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:58 PM)

If it emptied, it would become empty.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 07:53 PM)

It would be the same effect as if the shoutbox simply emptied once or twice a week.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (22 May 2020 - 07:27 PM)

I don't see how having walls of the same guy on top whenever I go to any page on this site is "refreshing".

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 06:10 PM)

I don't know, I find the occasional flushing of the box to be refreshing.

@  Telly : (22 May 2020 - 04:20 PM)

but its gets annoying seeing a wall of text from him that takes up most of the shoutbox

@  PlutoniumBoss : (22 May 2020 - 03:53 PM)

Eh, that's just Nevermore.

@  fourteenwings : (22 May 2020 - 12:11 AM)

@Nevermore: Good rule of thumb is if you feel like you need not just multiple statements but also multiple shouts to make a point, best just make a thread.

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 05:36 PM)

Dude, do you just, not know when to stop?

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:35 PM)

Instead of "I have only ten hours to get all my stuff from place A to place B", it's more like "I temporarily stored 90% of my stuff in easily accessible place C in my spare time, so now I have ten hours to get the remaining 10% of my stuff over to the new place before permanently saying goodbye to the old place".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (21 May 2020 - 03:33 PM)

At these point you two are just repeating what you already said.

@  Nevermore : (21 May 2020 - 03:32 PM)

Again using my "moving apartments" analogy. If you can store the stuff you don't immediately need for everyday life somewhere else, it reduces the critical time of permanently switching your primary base of residence over to the new place because there's less stuff to move when the time comes.

Photo
- - - - -

John Wick: Chapter 3

15 replies to this topic

#1 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6451 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:37 PM

I couldn't find a John Wick thread, which seems impossible so delete this if I somehow missed it.

If not, here's something to tide us over until Bill & Ted 3 comes out.

#2 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

Holy Electric Boogaloo Batman! I think

• Staff
  • 14263 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

This is going to be SO good!

fslookup.jpg

#3 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7523 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:52 PM

I regretfully confess that the first two are still on my To Do list, but people are crazy about this dude. What do we love about these movies exactly? Like, I know I have to watch them but I'm not quite sure why. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#4 Telly

Telly

god of kingdom come

• Retired Staff
  • 8570 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:40 PM

i saw the first one and thought it was just ok. dont know why people are the way they are about them

When I die I will surely go to Heaven for i spent my life in Hell

#5 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25501 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:35 AM

Big thing behind it is the Gold Coin Economy that was just there but not discussed beyond the bare minimum.
Earth is Kill because Santa.

#6 Ironbite

Ironbite

REJOICE! THE KING OF TIME HAS ARRIVED!

• Supporter
  • 28737 posts
  • Faction::RIBFIR

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:08 AM

Its like the Matrix Sequel of my dreams!

xC9l3eY.gif

#7 chiasaur11

chiasaur11
  • Citizen
  • 3053 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:48 AM

I regretfully confess that the first two are still on my To Do list, but people are crazy about this dude. What do we love about these movies exactly? Like, I know I have to watch them but I'm not quite sure why. 

Right. John Wick. He's not exactly the Boogieman.

He's more... the guy you send to kill the Boogieman.

John Wick the first is basically the comeback film for an action series that was never actually made, starting us off well into the life of John Wick, legendary ex assassin, and treating the details of his past in the same way a sequel would, giving the audience just enough while treating the finer points as something it doesn't have to explain. On its own, that's a cool gimmick, but the film sells it with a well balanced sense of humor and excellent execution (pun intended). 

The first film also has the benefit of a simple setup. They killed John Wick's dog. Now he's going to kill all of them. The action is good, the acting is solid, and it's built around a solid core.

Also, if you've seen the making of footage, you know that Keanu Reeves could easily kill you in real life if he wasn't so nice, which adds to things.

#8 Teufel

Teufel

Who wants to rock forever?

• Supporter
  • 6451 posts
  • Faction::Decepticon

Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:37 AM

Perfectly put.

#9 Maruten

Maruten
  • Staff
  • 7523 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

Finally got around to seeing the first film. It was pretty spectacular. I did spend a lot of it wondering if it was all just a really long SNL sketch, but, like... in a good way. 

It's delightfully ridiculous and over the top. I think the movie should have been called "Theon Greyjoy Is The Only Man On Earth Who Hasn't Heard Of John Wick", because so much of it is just Iosef doing dumb things and everyone around him going "Shit, don't you know that's JOHN WICK'S HAT?!" it just has a really perfect dash of absurdity that does, I think, elevate it beyond Just A Good Action Movie. 

And that's before you even get to the mythology and the world building. Fancy hotels with weird coins and jeez Perkins, you're going to regret that. I assume that angle escalates in the sequel because I've heard a lot of talk about it. But there's enough in the original that it does start to feel like a genre film rather than straight shooty-shooty. I almost got a Men in Black vibe? This secret pack of assassins and their pals - vans who clean up the mess and so on. It's crying out for video games and an RPG. 

WsuGTl1.jpg

#10 Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore
  • Citizen
  • 8123 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:55 AM

I saw the third one this weekend and I...didn’t dislike it, but it left me a little colder than the first two did.

The beginning was perfect and exactly what I was looking for: “everyone in the world wants to kill John Wick.” Then the world-building really kicked in hard. Nothing was very badly done or anything, I just think...maybe less is more with this particular mythology.

PSN: SeanWhitmore

Switch: SW-7452-6932-0513

3DS: 0490-6399-8582

I did a new video thing:
https://www.allspark.com/forums/topic/159447-whos-the-right-arm/

#11 Cradok

Cradok
  • Citizen
  • 849 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:22 AM

Yeah, I thought the second act dragged a lot.

Spoiler

#12 Egon1982

Egon1982
  • Citizen
  • 344 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

My favorite movie of the year so far! quality cinematography, awesome action, nice performances and all that.

Afterall i'm glad audiences are supporting new franchises like this as we need new franchises despite Mission Impossible is still going strong as ever despite Ghost was a disappointing sequel and John Wick franchise, Dredd, Raid 1 and 2 and Mission Impossible 5 and 6 are my fave action films of the decade. I mean it's better to let dead horse franchises like Die Hard and Terminator just rest in peace as McClane and T-8000 earned their retirement and have new franchises.

This franchise reminds me of the glorious golden age of action films being the 80s and 90s like Die Hard Trilogy, Lethal Weapon films, Robocop, Terminator 1 and 2, Death Wish films, Hard Boiled, The Killer, Cobra, Rambo movies, Commando, The Rock and so much more that i grew up with. Keanu Reeves is the new Charles Bronson.

#13 Fero McPigletron

Fero McPigletron

Not a Maverick! Maybe.

• Citizen
  • 9070 posts
  • Faction::Maximal

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

The best fights were the first three. Probably cuz afterwards, you're less shocked.

FWXOT0z.gif

TOY DRAMA THEATER!

1 minute of (minimal) lights, (steady) camera and...  ACTION FIGURES! (mostly Transformers) - Episode 031: Combiners and chest envy 

Episodes here

#14 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25662 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:02 PM

The reason I like John Wick, as over the top as it is, it actually puts a bullet to a lot of Hollywood tropes. He has to reload...a lot. Two shots to the chest, one to the head...that really is very sound technique. Two to the body because that's the biggest mass, the biggest target. Then one to the head for the coup de grace. Most films you just see a spray and pray mentality to gun fights. John Wick give it a choreography you usually expect with martial arts films, and it is glorious.

Now I will say the first two movies suffered from what I call "Great film with that one...damn...scene!"

John Wick 1's one...damn...scene

Viggo: I heard you struck my son. Why did you strike my son. I should kill you for that

Aurelio: You son killed John Wicks dog and stole his car.

Viggo: You did the right thing. Excuse me while I go strike my son.

Also Viggo: John Wick isn't the boogeyman. He's the person you send to kill the boogeyman. I will sell out my own son and do some drugs to get over it so I don't have to face John Wick.

ALSO ALSO Viggo: Oh hey, I actually managed to get John Wick at my mercy. Let's see. Should I put an entire magazine worth of bullets in his head than give him a Rasputin death just to make sure? Nah! Let's just tie him to a rickity chair and have two mooks work him over. No way that can backfire. Oh, and what's this? He killed my son and wants to call it quits. Fine with me. Guy scares the crap out of me. Let me just kill his friend while I have him on the phone and I'll call it quits.

John Wick 2's one...damn...scene

John Wick movie where they duck and dodge hollywood gun cliche's left and right...lets do the phht phht phht style silencers where people right next to the characters not only won't hear any kind of gunshot, they also don't notice the solid stone turning to dust right beside them. Learn what a hugging suppresser actually does, Hollywood! Damn!

It's only my first time watching John Wick 3. But first watch (and it only took me one watch for the others) actually doesn't have a scene like that where I had to automatically call bull-shit. I mean, sure there's some physics-defying moments. But I didn't see anything that drove me crazy like those other scenes.

Oh...and while I'm thinking about it...I love those dogs. I loved that whole scene, for once not really because of Halle Berry, but because those dogs were hugging awesome!
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

#15 Nutjob R/T

Nutjob R/T

I love this thread.

• Citizen
  • 25501 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:32 PM

... but that first one is like.. five damn scenes?

Edited by Nutjob R/T, 16 September 2019 - 06:32 PM.

Earth is Kill because Santa.

#16 Caldwin

Caldwin

Duality Personified

• Supporter
  • 25662 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:12 PM

The first four weren't the bad ones. They just set up why the fifth one is that one damn scene.
PSN = Caldwin

Switch = SW-7457-8143-2029

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.

Before you do anything you can't undo...National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users