Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Verno : (11 July 2020 - 11:20 PM)

2021: :idea :rolleyes :p :D

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:20 PM)

Perfection. :thumbsup

@  Patch : (11 July 2020 - 06:17 PM)

My plans:  :hmm  2020:  :)

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 06:02 PM)

Our plans for 2020 were as amazing as Optimus Prime. But then 2020 came like Hot Rod.

@  -LittleAutob... : (11 July 2020 - 05:50 PM)

Indeed....

@  Bass X0 : (11 July 2020 - 05:40 PM)

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:11 PM)

Hey you, get moving, it's not too far, you're looking good so come as you are. Hey you, you never know what you'll see, when it's through that door with the 73.

@  Rycochet : (11 July 2020 - 01:10 PM)

Hey you, get ready, get on your feet. Get into gear and hit the street.

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 12:46 PM)

I recall number 73 (old british show) discussing the Transformers movie and had the presenters trying to transform a few figures, one argued his deflated beach ball was a Transformer too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (11 July 2020 - 08:03 AM)

And he's a big ball, but he's not the biggest ball of them all. (That'll be Pulse Unicron.)

@  Maximus Ambus : (11 July 2020 - 07:37 AM)

Trypticon so scared my Primus figure he turned into a ball.

@  ▲ndrusi : (09 July 2020 - 09:56 PM)

King Nine, however, will not return.

@  Bass X0 : (09 July 2020 - 05:05 PM)

Bass_X0 will return after these messages ^^^

@  TheMightyMol... : (09 July 2020 - 03:37 PM)

WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOOOOOARRGH

@  -LittleAutob... : (09 July 2020 - 02:06 PM)

Okay?

@  Otaku : (09 July 2020 - 07:47 AM)

@TheMightyMollusk Ah, but the series itself has pronounced "Bass" both ways. ;)  Oh, 90s English Capcom video game voice acting...

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 July 2020 - 03:14 AM)

Looking at my Titan Returns collection I can see they realised they didn't have to paint the Titan Masters after wave one, lazy bums.

@  Maruten : (08 July 2020 - 09:13 PM)

No, I'm going with "fish".

@  TheMightyMol... : (08 July 2020 - 04:19 PM)

He stated that it's in reference to the Mega Man character, so it follows the series' tradition of music names.

@  Cybersnark : (08 July 2020 - 03:59 PM)

The real question is if it's "bass" as in music or "bass" as in the fish.

@  Otaku : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Well, at least now I know how to pronounce @Bass X0 's screen name. ^^'  Rather, I think I'd just forgotten.  In my defense, it really does look like an emoticon or maybe just "decoration", which is what a lot of folks add to their screen names online.  Usually because someone has the name they really want. XD

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 01:27 PM)

Extremely unimpressed with your idea that someone making a negative observation you don't like means they "got triggered."

@  NotVeryKnightly : (08 July 2020 - 11:16 AM)

You know somebody asked "And this would be in relation to... what exactly?"

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 11:15 AM)

Its because someone got triggered over my random musings instead of just ignoring them. If I read one of your comments that is of no relevance or interest to me, I don't feel the need to say so.

@  -LittleAutob... : (08 July 2020 - 10:56 AM)

All this over someone's username lol

@  ▲ndrusi : (08 July 2020 - 08:34 AM)

Bazro.

@  Tm_Silverclaw : (08 July 2020 - 06:34 AM)

It could be Bass 10-0

@  Nevermore : (08 July 2020 - 06:11 AM)

How do you pronounce yourself? "Bass Ex-O" or "Bass Ex-Zero"?

@  Bass X0 : (08 July 2020 - 03:23 AM)

I did almost go with Vile Bass X0, because Vile is cool too.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (07 July 2020 - 08:34 PM)

Bossk Saw

@  ▲ndrusi : (07 July 2020 - 04:16 PM)

Bass XD

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 03:43 PM)

And its not Bass XO, its Bass X0, as in Bass, X and Zero from the Mega Man series.

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:33 PM)

@Trpodeca :( :(

@  -LittleAutob... : (07 July 2020 - 02:32 PM)

Thats what a gray rock is? Then I'm not one.

@  Trpodeca : (07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM)

Man I just learnt about what seemed like a really cool show, only to realize it was a dream and it dosen't really exist.

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM)

Just something I read that I wanted to share. I heard "gray rock" mentioned in a video, so I looked it up and that was the definition.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 July 2020 - 12:20 PM)

It's a fancy way of saying "Ignore annoying people".

@  NotVeryKnightly : (07 July 2020 - 12:15 PM)

Bass XO has a habit of pasting random drivel here as if doing so were profound.

@  wonko the sane? : (07 July 2020 - 11:30 AM)

And this would be in relation to... what exactly?

@  Bass X0 : (07 July 2020 - 11:25 AM)

"One strategy for dealing with a narcissist or sociopath is to act like a "gray rock," meaning that you become uninteresting and unresponsive. You don't feed their needs for drama or attention. You don't show emotion, say anything interesting, or disclose any personal information"

@  Nevermore : (06 July 2020 - 07:23 PM)

Oh wow. Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee is awesome. His articulation is amazing.

@  -LittleAutob... : (06 July 2020 - 11:18 AM)

Oof-

@  Maximus Ambus : (05 July 2020 - 01:10 AM)

I got Studio Series 39 Cogman yesterday and woke up to find he'd decapitated my titans returns figures.

@  wonko the sane? : (04 July 2020 - 10:19 PM)

If I had a sarcasm powered mouth.. ooohh waaaiiittt...

@  -LittleAutob... : (04 July 2020 - 05:01 PM)

Heh

@  Bass X0 : (04 July 2020 - 02:56 PM)

"If I had sarcasm-powered legs, I'd do a happy dance...!"

@  TheMightyMol... : (04 July 2020 - 02:39 PM)

The real clones were the friends we made along the way.

@  Maximus Ambus : (04 July 2020 - 01:47 PM)

So the Emperor in episodes 1 through 6 was a clone?

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:47 AM)

(And the 0th anniversary of the last time I couldn't do math.)

@  ▲ndrusi : (04 July 2020 - 10:46 AM)

Today is the 24th anniversary of the day we fought off an alien invasion with the help of Will Smith.

Photo

Legends of Aria. Is anyone playing?

52 replies to this topic

#21 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

Oh dear lord I am bored...

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:02 PM

Doesn't seem like it, BUT the game is still in beta. At least this gives you a means to chuck stuff without leaving it lying around.

Per Nick Nemesis's Suggestion: I hate everything.

#22 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

Name is Gorton.  Basically recreated my old treasure hunter from UO.  Went with lancing for my combat skill.  Spear would fit the character best, I think.

#23 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:36 PM

Which server? If you're on azure, look me up in helm and I'll hook you up with some weapons and armor.

#24 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:29 PM

Yup, on Azure.

In the Helm region ATM.

Surprisingly haven't died yet, but I've been playing rather conservatively, combat wise.

So far I've fished a little, stolen a bone tunic from a chest in the inn and killed a bunch of rats and lurkers and was gifted a horse and copper spear by a random player.

Edited by Coglestop, 02 March 2019 - 10:33 PM.

#25 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:37 PM

When you see me, I'll give you a gold spear. The durability is better than copper, and it's got a massive bonus towards accuracy.

#26 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

Decided to hit the Helm graveyard.  Man, zombies hit hard.  Probably because my armor stinks and I didn't put any skill points into armor skills at all when I started.  Barely escaped with my life, lol.  Think I'm gonna stick to the sewers for a bit longer.

#27 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, the zombies are wicked strong for some reason. Skirt the outside edge, outside the fieldstone wall, and try to bait the skells. Much easier to kill.

#28 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

Deciphered my first treasure map.  Points to the Ceyr Pond area.  Not sure if I can handle the mobs that will spawn when it pops, though.

Edited by Coglestop, 03 March 2019 - 08:25 PM.

#29 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:58 PM

I've got some tattered maps and a tattered SOS if you want. I probably won't ever use them.

#30 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:26 PM

Sure.  I'll try and let you know when I'll be on again.  Could be a few days, unfortunately.

Apparently the SOS's are pretty 'risk free' aside from the random wandering mob/PK'er, depending on the area.  Just have to remember to bring my lockpicks.  The maps are a bit trickier.

#31 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:05 PM

Either way, I got a bunch for ya. Even scored another one tonight when I killed a rat. Also: killed a bunch of rats with 3 eyes on them... so I wonder just whats in the sewer water.

Anywho: Some useful things for folks to know if they decide to play the game!

-Click and hold the mouse wheel, then move the mouse to rotate the camera.

-Push alt and left click a corpse to auto-loot it.

-Double clicking an animal with no loot on it will automatically harvest the animal, but you'll still need to loot the corpse for the new stuff.

-Push "J" to get the game to show you the health bars of all the creatures on your screen. Yes, even the ones you shouldn't be able to see.

-Push "Z" to get the camera to move back to the default location.

-Push the "." key if you suddenly find autorun turned on.

-When the game gives you a "cannot 'action'" bar, you can do OTHER actions. Or you can do that particular action but only to someone else.

-The game doesn't fold money over to the next denomination when you collect the stuff from creatures in the world. But it will adjust when you deposit it in the bank.

-There is no skill to harvest resources (plants, skins, meat.) in the world. It's an automatic success every time, so carry your hunting knife.

-Hostile animals will sometimes run up to you, then run away. I don't know if they think they're playing with you, or it's a glitch. But once they hit their start position, they will return to you and actually attack.

-You can chop up human NPC and player corpses. But unlike UO, all you get is a generic head you can use as decoration. Might be part of a bounty thing, I'm currently unsure.

-So far: torches don't burn out. So hotkey it to see in dark places. You can also use a torch while using a 1 handed weapon, most tools, and a shield.

-Weapon skills don't determine damage, just frequency to hit. Get a weapon with a high "+ accuracy".

-Magic skills do not determine damage, just chance of a successful cast. But the reagent is burned even if you fail. Carry lots.

-There is currently no means to repair weapons or armor: Don't get overly attached to stuff, and take the warnings that things are almost broken seriously.

-Points on interest (mines, dungeons, towns and the like.), once you've found them, will be on your large map ("M" key.) with a dot.

Edited by wonko the sane?, 05 March 2019 - 06:59 AM.

#32 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 11:49 PM

Fished up my first SOS treasure today.  Not much, bout 100 copper a couple of gems, a heal potion and some assorted regents, but it's a start.

#33 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:21 PM

Ok, after trying a treasure map, my current char just can't handle combat at all. Killed in seconds by the two goblins that spawned to protect the treasure. I'm thinking maybe I should have gone combat first and picked up treasure hunting on the side.

Gonna roll a new warrior build and keep Gorton around for fishing/cooking, I think.  He can handle SOS stuff just fine since mobs don't spawn on those.

#34 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:05 PM

You could train him up. The sewers are usually good to get to 30-35, and then you just grab missions from the dispatcher. Also: Get a + accuracy weapon. The higher the better. Makes all the difference in the world. Oh, and armor. If you use heavy armor, I can hook you up with some + defense gear.

#35 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

It was an eventful night. I did some dispatches, and wound up killing some trolls along the way (which were easier than their size leads you to believe.) Cranked out a bunch of craft orders (small ones with my banked surplus materials.), fabbed a new gold warhammer (23 dam,+74% and +14 accuracy.), and then decided to go raid the big helm bandit camp. Made some friends along the way too and almost an entire gold.

#36 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

I messed around with an alternate build on a separate character to figure out how I'd like to change Gorton.  Think I'm gonna drop lancing and picking up slashing instead.  Weapon swings at a faster rate despite the slight decrease in max damage and seems to fit my actual play style more.

#37 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

Any idea what's with the big blue dome in eldier village? I finally did more than run in and grab some some reagents, and I just noticed it.

#38 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:04 PM

Wish I could answer that. Saw it myself while testing a possible slashing build. Thought it was some sort of arena or something, but I couldn't find a way inside.

#39 wonko the sane?

wonko the sane?

• Citizen
  • 43508 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:06 PM

The arena is actually south-ish of the dome. It's one of the spots I found while actually exploring the village.

Oh yeah, before I forget again: am I alone in thinking this game could be modded into the fallout mmo the fans actually deserve?

#40 Coglestop

Coglestop

1/8th Penguin

• Citizen
  • 5592 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

Depending on how the modding tools work, I think it could. Information on modding the game seem to be rather sparse and somewhat contradictory, though. Doesn't help that 90% of said information isn't from citadel studios directly, though.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users