Toggle shoutbox Squawkbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Please don't post Youtube videos in the chat box. The forums software auto embeds them. 

@  Telly : (16 October 2019 - 10:48 PM)

my walmart is acting true to form. as soon as mirage arrives from amazon, my walmart gets his entire wave in after months of having wave 1 clogging the pegs....

@  Nevermore : (16 October 2019 - 05:18 PM)

I stirred up some trouble at work, complained about the blatant neglect of employee safety. Was asked to take photos and write down the locations so the matter could be properly escalated. Made me feel a little better.

@  wonko the sane? : (15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM)

I got stabbed in the eyelid by a mudwasp, pulled down a tree, and then got ice cream. You know, all told: not a bad day.

@  Maximus Ambus : (15 October 2019 - 09:17 AM)

Burrunjor

@  Paladin : (15 October 2019 - 08:04 AM)

your mom.

@  Benbot : (15 October 2019 - 08:02 AM)

What's your favorite Paleolithic megafauna?

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:06 PM)

Together with the Rhino G1 sets, probably the most expensive DVDs I ever bought

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 10:01 PM)

I've still got the age-old Rhino sets

@  Telly : (14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM)

i didnt find that at any of the ones around here, so i had to settle for seasons 1 and 2 of duckman for $3

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 07:45 PM)

Heck, I got the season 2/3 set for $3 (?) from a Dollar General discount bin :p

@  TM2-Megatron : (14 October 2019 - 07:29 PM)

The series is pretty cheap on DVD, too, which at least will work internet or no. The complete series set seems to be OOP, but there's a Season 1 set as well as a combined 2 & 3 set.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 06:10 PM)

Woot! Beast wars!

@  Steevy Maximus : (14 October 2019 - 06:08 PM)

Yay! Tubi now has the first season of Rescue Bots and the full run of Beast Wars FINALLY available.

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 02:16 PM)

Just like me in a game of Civilization. Don't have gunpowder? Time for your cities to burn.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 01:51 PM)

He dubbed the peoples that saw him as bad news cannibals and savages before enslaving and wiping them out too.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 01:40 PM)

And if they had been unfriendly: he would have simply slaughtered them with diseases they couldn't fight, and technology they couldn't match until they as a people did not exist. There's something about european backgrounds that drive us to exploit.

@  Rycochet : (14 October 2019 - 11:02 AM)

He described the peoples he encountered as some of the most friendly and giving in the world, so naturally, he ate all their food, enslaved them and put them to work looking for gold that did not exist, until they as a people did not exist.

@  Paladin : (14 October 2019 - 09:57 AM)

he landed by coincidence in front of long-term residents.

@  Sabrblade : (14 October 2019 - 09:55 AM)

He said the world was round-o! (He said the world was round-o!) He said it could be found-o! (He said it could be found-o!) That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo! (That hypothetical, calculated, son-of-a-gun, Columbo!)

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 09:22 AM)

In the year 1492, Columbus gave us the day off skoo

@  Noideaforaname : (14 October 2019 - 08:59 AM)

How often do people actually celebrate Columbus or the Pilgrims? Usually it just feels like celebrating the first break in the school year and a nice dinner with the family.

@  wonko the sane? : (14 October 2019 - 08:29 AM)

You've got like two more weeks until the american thanksgiving. Canadian thanksgiving is literally a harvest festival.

@  CVReynolds : (14 October 2019 - 08:09 AM)

Hey, everyone. Come together to enjoy this national holiday made to celebrate a mass-murderer who never set foot in the USA. What fun!

@  Benbot : (14 October 2019 - 07:25 AM)

that's perfect!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (14 October 2019 - 02:22 AM)

A school-bus combiner called Valedictorion.

@  TriBlurr : (13 October 2019 - 12:16 AM)

Honor-Roll

@  Arazyr : (11 October 2019 - 08:18 AM)

I like that one.

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 10:39 PM)

Oh, how about Dropout?

@  Pinkcolliebot : (09 October 2019 - 07:47 PM)

Hey Everyone I'm beginning to put together The TF Roll Out Short Hot Rod's Presentation!

@  PlutoniumBoss : (09 October 2019 - 02:35 PM)

Truant.

@  Maximus Ambus : (09 October 2019 - 12:26 PM)

Haslab Unicron may change the direction of Cyberverse or the netflix series.

@  wonko the sane? : (09 October 2019 - 11:31 AM)

Bluecheesewagon

@  Benbot : (09 October 2019 - 07:09 AM)

Those are too friendly--what if he was a Decepticon?

@  PlutoniumBoss : (08 October 2019 - 07:23 PM)

Cheesewagon

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 12:02 PM)

Bus-Top has a very GoBot vibe

@  Bass X0 : (08 October 2019 - 10:51 AM)

I actually never heard of the name Megalodon until recently.

@  Noideaforaname : (08 October 2019 - 09:44 AM)

Bus-Top, Omnibus, Cerebus, Busicus, Busicon

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Otto

@  unluckiness : (08 October 2019 - 09:32 AM)

Frizzle

@  Dekafox : (08 October 2019 - 09:10 AM)

Crankshaft?

@  Benbot : (08 October 2019 - 08:55 AM)

What's a good name for a school bus Transformer?

@  lastmaximal : (08 October 2019 - 12:57 AM)

Huh. There's a neat name for Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megs.

@  TheMightyMol... : (07 October 2019 - 11:44 AM)

It's a submarine, we swear!

@  Otaku : (07 October 2019 - 11:26 AM)

@Bass X0 Letting myself comment to say "That's a good one!" and ask "Would a megalodon be a good fit for Megatron?"

@  Benbot : (07 October 2019 - 07:59 AM)

Ohhh good one

@  Bass X0 : (07 October 2019 - 07:39 AM)

I now want a Decepticon shark called Megalotron.

@  TriBlurr : (06 October 2019 - 05:47 PM)

Gives them time to screw up the color of his hands. :p

@  TheMightyMol... : (06 October 2019 - 12:33 PM)

His bulk is too great to teleport across such distances.

@  Sabrblade : (06 October 2019 - 11:09 AM)

Cuz it'll take that long to mass produce.

@  Darth Gonzo : (06 October 2019 - 10:47 AM)

Why is Unicron coming in 2021 and not 2020?

Photo
- - - - -

Topping on Tables - Everyone roll perception. And then initiative to save us a step.

226 replies to this topic

#21 Sharkshadow

Sharkshadow
  • Citizen
  • 13374 posts
  • Faction::Predacon

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:28 AM

my character did not survive the next session when his debt to the elemental came due so it kinda worked out. so i made a dwarf with a combat segway afterwards. 

#22 Lancer

Lancer

I don't care

• Citizen
  • 24781 posts
  • Faction::Autobot

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:56 AM

Have I ever told you guys about how our Neutral Good Cleric had his alignment changed by the DM to Chaotic Neutral because he kept doing stupid shit?

#23 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13543 posts
  • Faction::Free Agent

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

How does that work?

fslookup.jpg

#24 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

Never to rest, always on a quest

• Supporter
  • 45191 posts
  • Faction::Unicron's Spawn

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

Rule Zero: What the DM says, goes.

If you're not gonna act your alignment, you lose it.

#25 Fnu Aw

Fnu Aw

I like coffee!

• Staff
  • 38917 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:34 PM

How? What happened?

i was playing a troll mage and i had spent the cash on an item that was basically a Rolodex of elemental beings. so i summoned an elder fire elemental and let him go to town.  our parties other mage called me an idiot for summoning an unbound elemental and summoned a giant water elemental. kaiju fights ensued while we tried to steal our target. 

In our group, someone summoned a dragon far beyond his ability to control... in his apartment. And ended up getting KO'd for days.

Somehow our planning sessions always turn out far more dangerous than the actual missions.

B5ofTKU.jpg

#26 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50181 posts
  • Faction::Equestrian

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

Not one of the great dragons, of course, just a little spirit thing that was way over our level. Not that it really mattered what anyone else's level was, he did it alone and no one knew anything about it until he woke up and told us. 

The team also left me to sleep through one of the runs entirely once. It was nice. Cozy. I pretended to have been there and got paid anyway. 

Meanwhile the other, somewhat more efficient campaign group is seducing great dragons and pissing off Lofwyr himself.

But yeah it's a valid point that there really is a much higher threat of mortality so far outside of actual runs. Maybe we should like, break into a random Aztech warehouse and do our planning from there next time. So it's safer.

Shouldn't gravity be doing something?

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#27 Princess Viola

Princess Viola
  • Supporter
  • 27686 posts
  • Faction::Lesbian Ninja

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

what the hug does any of this shit have to do with transformers

dznwjievmaanw90kooil.png

#28 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 45191 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

It transforms DMs into a quivering pile of terror and rage at just how far players will go to avoid doing what they're actually supposed to be doing. That counts!

#29 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50181 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

Nothing! 

You win a goat!

download.jpg

Of course there's a figure of Rodimus as some kind of animal girl. Why would I be surprised by this?

#30 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 45191 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:01 PM

How much HP does it have? Asking for a friend.

#31 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50181 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

I named my Lynx drone HB for Howlback. That was kind of a Transformers connection. 

Someone wanted to name the truck a Transformers name early on but I shot that down. 

So Siege Optimus is pretty dope, yeah?

#32 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22766 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

Shadowrun seems like one of the more interesting subjects I haven't delved too deeply into. From what little I've seen and heard of there's a strong sense of identity in how the world works, whether that's despite or because of its derivativeness.

#33 Logicron

Logicron

A Weird

• Citizen
  • 32510 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:28 PM

Shadowrun seems like one of the more interesting subjects I haven't delved too deeply into. From what little I've seen and heard of there's a strong sense of identity in how the world works, whether that's despite or because of its derivativeness.

Personally I prefer the way Shin Megami Tensei does it because it brings in stuff from all ancient myths and legends instead of being weirdly focused on a 20th century fantasy novel. Too bad there isn't a TTRPG based on it.

Edited by Logicron, 22 February 2019 - 02:33 PM.

Great, and here I was hoping to have just one month where I don't have to face down the embodiment of entropy and terror. 

#34 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50181 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, I'm in it for the Gibson and not the Tolkien myself. My character is a rigger (drone operator) and my backup character is a decker (hacker). Magic is a thing that happens around sometimes that neither character has much interest or any real knowledge in. And since it's a furry group and 70% of us are surge mutants, a lot of the human-elf-orc stuff is relatively low key, because those are just different sizes and demeanors that normal acceptable people come in and we're largely not.

#35 Logicron

Logicron

A Weird

• Citizen
  • 32510 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

Like, I'm fine with mixing fantasy and cyberpunk, I just find it weird how most of Shadowrun's fantasy elements are based on LOTR specifically.

Great, and here I was hoping to have just one month where I don't have to face down the embodiment of entropy and terror. 

#36 NotVeryKnightly

NotVeryKnightly
  • Staff
  • 22766 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:58 PM

They're not really. Shadowrun's stock fantasy races are mainly mutated humans and descendants of humans unlike Tolkien's (and probably the more conventional) idea of separate origins.

Even with things like the immortal elves, I'm not sure if there's much of anything that's more "specifically LOTR" than most fantasy that started at about the same time period as Shadowrun.

Edited by NotVeryKnightly, 22 February 2019 - 03:03 PM.

#37 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50181 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

But as for ending up with a similar selection, I have to assume it's just the fact that D&D uses a lot of Tolkien-associated parts and Shadowrun was marketing to D&D players, since at one time all tabletop players were D&D players, so it used bits they were familiar with.

This really is consuming the TF thread, think I'm going to split.

#38 GodSentinelOmega

GodSentinelOmega

The Dark Knight is Digivolving!

• Staff
  • 13543 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

Kinda wish i could join this crazy world.

fslookup.jpg

#39 Copper Bezel

Copper Bezel

Off model.

• Supporter
  • 50181 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

To me, the thing that makes a fantasy setting feel like it's drawing on the Tolkien-influenced pool isn't so much any one element as it is the way they come as a set. If there are orcs, there are probably snooty elves and likely some halflings somewhere around. But I also have to recognize that the way Western fantasy got aligned around Tolkien expectations isn't really any different from how space sci-fi has tended to borrow the backbone of the world of Star Trek as its starting point to build from, this similar suite of devices and commonplaces. It nonetheless always bugs me a little. I get that there's a benefit to having a shared set of expectations about the world we can jump past to get into the good stuff, but it means that Western-oriented magical worlds have a tendency to all have a very similar flavor.

If I was going to introduce magic into a cyberpunk setting myself, I don't think that's how I'd want to go about it. And I really get the sense it was more than anything an effort to offer new players some of the trappings they were familiar with from D&D specifically. 

#40 TheMightyMollusk

TheMightyMollusk

• Supporter
  • 45191 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

I miss tabletop gaming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users